๐Ÿฅ€ [ goth fanclub - open: release the bats! ]

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

๐Ÿฅ€ [ goth fanclub - open: release the bats! ]

Postby guroboss » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:44 am

[ ๐–œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–ˆ๐–”๐–’๐–Š! ]

hey gamers, this is a place to talk about goth music, shows you've been to, and find new bands to listen to! while the primary focus of this thread is about the music, movies, literature, and fashion are also huge parts of the subculture, so feel free to share about those things as well.

I plan on making a little list of bands to check out for people who are looking for new bands to listen to, so feel free to share and I'll add them to a subsequent post. I'll likely include bigger goth bands like bauhaus, siouxsie, & the cure for folks who are new to the genre as well. please refrain from sharing songs that may be site-inappropriate (looking at That song from Christian Death iykyk)

discussion questions! - don't know what to talk about? try these!
      โ€ข who's your favorite goth musician from the 80s/90s?
      โ€ข who's your favorite recent goth musician?
      โ€ข what's your favorite album/song right now?
      โ€ข do you have a favorite subgenre?
      โ€ข have you ever been to a show? who did you see?
      โ€ข do you have a weird fun fact about goth music?
      โ€ข what's your favorite non-music goth media?
Last edited by guroboss on Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
guroboss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

goth band masterlist

Postby guroboss » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:47 am

[ ๐–‘๐–Ž๐–˜๐–™๐–Š๐–“ ๐–™๐–” ๐–™๐–๐–Š๐–˜๐–Š ๐–‡๐–†๐–“๐–‰๐–˜! ]

looking for new music? check these out!

under construction, will probably be alphabetical and may have some subgenre/other info, one day. goth can be a weird and wobbly genre, I'm including post-punk, new wave, darkwave, coldwave, and other genres in here. will likely add tags for bands that are woman/BIPOC fronted if you are looking for some different voices in the genre!
      โ€ข Actors
      โ€ข All Your Sisters
      โ€ข Antipole
      โ€ข Artery
      โ€ข Bat Nouveau
      โ€ข Bauhaus
      โ€ข Basavriuk
      โ€ข Black Arcade
      โ€ข Blood Club
      โ€ข Bloody Dead and Sexy
      โ€ข Bootblacks
      โ€ข Boy Harsher
      โ€ข Buerak
      โ€ข Cabaret Voltaire
      โ€ข Caifanes
      โ€ข Casket Cassette
      โ€ข The Chameleons
      โ€ข Clan of Xymox
      โ€ข Closed Tear
      โ€ข Cocteau Twins
      โ€ข The Coventry
      โ€ข Creux Lies
      โ€ข The Cure
      โ€ข Darkรธ
      โ€ข Dead on a Sunday
      โ€ข DeathFauna
      โ€ข Depeche Mode
      โ€ข Dracula Bells
      โ€ข Drab Majesty
      โ€ข European Ghost
      โ€ข Eyes of the Nightmare Jungle
      โ€ข Fevr
      โ€ข Forever Grey
      โ€ข French Police
      โ€ข The Frozen Autumn
      โ€ข Funeral Date
      โ€ข Ghosting
      โ€ข Give My Remains to Broadway
      โ€ข Haunt Me
      โ€ข Hapax
      โ€ข Harsh Symmetry
      โ€ข Heroes Del Silencio
      โ€ข Hoffen
      โ€ข Holograma
      โ€ข Horror Vacui
      โ€ข House of Harm
      โ€ข I Love You, But I've Chosen Darkness
      โ€ข Joao
      โ€ข Joy Division
      โ€ข Jordan Fiction
      โ€ข Kill Shelter
      โ€ข La Uniรณn
      โ€ข Lebanon Hanover
      โ€ข Leonora Post Punk
      โ€ข Light Asylum
      โ€ข Little Fantastic Partner
      โ€ข London After Midnight
      โ€ข Male Tears
      โ€ข The March Violets
      โ€ข Mareux
      โ€ข The Masqs
      โ€ข Mekong
      โ€ข Mementut
      โ€ข Minuit Machine
      โ€ข Molchat Doma
      โ€ข Motorama
      โ€ข My Manifesto
      โ€ข Night Rituals
      โ€ข Night Sins
      โ€ข Nightsister
      โ€ข Nyxjvh
      โ€ข O. Children
      โ€ข Oto
      โ€ข Panic Priest
      โ€ข Perturbator
      โ€ข Plastique Noir
      โ€ข Postlooperish
      โ€ข Reflection Black
      โ€ข Rendez Vous
      โ€ข Ringfinger
      โ€ข Ritual Howls
      โ€ข Rosegarden Funeral Party
      โ€ข Rosetta Stone
      โ€ข Sacred Skin
      โ€ข Sad Lovers & Giants
      โ€ข San Charbel
      โ€ข Sanguis et Cinis
      โ€ข She Past Away
      โ€ข The Shyness of Strangers
      โ€ข Siouxsie and the Banshees
      โ€ข Sisters of Mercy
      โ€ข Soft Vein
      โ€ข Soviet Soviet
      โ€ข Stefan Thev
      โ€ข Sydney Valette
      โ€ข Tetrica
      โ€ข Then Comes Silence
      โ€ข Traitrs
      โ€ข The Twilight Sad
      โ€ข Twin Tribes
      โ€ข Ultra Sunn
      โ€ข Undertheskin
      โ€ข Urban Heat
      โ€ข Vandal Moon
      โ€ข Vision Video
      โ€ข Widow Rings
      โ€ข Wingtips
      โ€ข Xmal Deutschland
Last edited by guroboss on Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
guroboss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [ ๐Ÿฅ€ goth fanclub - release the bats! ]

Postby guroboss » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:05 am

anyway not making anyone fill out forms, but I'll introduce myself!!

my name is friday (yes, I named my fursona after the song and also Friday the 13th!!) and I've been into goth for like, 10+ years, but I was a child for most of it and didn't really know anybody else who was goth irl, so i didn't get to participate in as much of it as I would have liked! now that I have job money, I can really dress how I want (even if I have to make it corp-goth) and go to more shows :>

my favorite older bands rn are Clan of Xymox and Sisters of Mercy, but I want to start listening to more industrial soon! recently got to go see Twin Tribes live which was super cool!

friday. they/she. bi. adult. istp.
โคโคโคโคโคโคโคโคโคแฆธแฆธแฆธแฆธแฆธแฆธโ˜Ž
๐™™๐™ค ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ ๐™š ๐™จ๐™˜๐™–๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ซ๐™ž๐™š๐™จ? ๐™ฌ๐™๐™–๐™ฉโœ๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™›๐™–๐™ซ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™š?
playing: bg3 // watching: tokyo ghoulโคโค spotify. toyhouse.

๐Ÿ“Œnaming all my pets!
๐Ÿ“Œcurrent count:
847!
guroboss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ๐Ÿฅ€ [ goth fanclub - open: release the bats! ]

Postby satanfemme » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:00 am

hello!! I've been goth for about 6 years. I'm lucky enough to live near a goth club (which I'm a member at), so I try to go at least once a month. sometimes when I go it's for a show, and sometimes it's just a normal club night where a DJ plays goth or goth-adjacent music. but even the "normal club nights" are frequently themed as something special, like the Vampire Ball they hosted recently.

the most cred-worthy show I've been to was Gene Loves Jezebel (the UK version of the band), but my favorite show was probably seeing Vosh who had an incredible stage presence.

some of my favorite goth and darkwave bands are:

โ€ข Sisters of Mercy
โ€ข Vosh
โ€ข Bootblacks
โ€ข Concrete Blonde
โ€ข Anders Manga
โ€ข Rosegarden Funeral Party
โ€ข Type O Negative
โ€ข Bauhaus
โ€ข Joy Division
โ€ข London After Midnight
โ€ข 45 Grave

out of these bands I've seen Vosh, Bootblacks, and Rosegarden Funeral Party live (actually I've seen Rosegarden live three times lol). + I've also seen a Joy Division cover band (but not the original group).
โฅ he or she Image

โฅ ฮ˜ฮ” doggie
โฅ new user
โฅ always looking for trades!
Image Image
satanfemme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mortuary » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:19 am

Iโ€™ve been listening to a lot of sisters lately but otherwise just my usual playlist (also love to see Ghosting on the list youโ€™ve made)

I actively started looking into the music 6 or so years ago, but Iโ€™ve been listening to satb and a few others for longer - actually found the band through Marc Almond with the song Threat of Love ft. Siouxsie:-) just naturally continued from there

Iโ€™d also recommend the album Drowning Dreams by The Shroud, I enjoy listening to them while drawing along with Altar De Fey or The frozen Autumn etc but probably not right after each other lol
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
Gabe โ™ฅ he/him โ™ฃ art โ™ฆ amphipod fanclub โ™  Trades
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxArt by Osamu Tezuka!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*splat*
Mortuary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellish » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:57 am

hello! just got to see clan of xymox today, my feet are aching but it was amazing! this month i will also go to see she past away for the second time, i cannot wait ;u; which band did you like the most live? iโ€™ve enjoyed the soft moon the most, his energy was unforgettable, so sad we wonโ€™t get to see him play again

i still consider myself a baby bat since iโ€™ve been listening to the genre for only about 3-4 years, but iโ€™ve been obsessed pretty much since

everyone seems to end with a suggestion, soโ€ฆ iโ€™d recommend sin ti by myster hyde mx! itโ€™s one of my favorite songs and it deserves more recognition imo :>
with strange aeons even death may die
hellish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moththyme » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:06 pm

Hi! I wasn't expecting to find a goth thread on this forum and I'm very glad this thread is here!

I tend to listen to mostly music in the range of deathrock and post-punk, but I generally listen to a reasonably wide variety of music. Some of my favorite bands/artists are Rosetta Stone, Bauhaus, G-Schmitt, and The Sisters of Mercy. Some other goth artists I really like are Twin Tribes, Night Sins, Rosegarden Funeral Party, Big Electric Cat, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cure, the tacks, Clan of Xymox, Paralysed Age, The March Violets, Bat Nouveau, Billy Vincente, Fields of the Nephilim and London After Midnight.

Here's some new songs and albums I've recently listened to:
Insomnio by Leonora Post Punk
The Lowest Places You'll Go by Night Sins
The Painted Bird by Billy Vincente
Metamorphoses by Bat Nouveau
Jazzhound by The Buttertones

There's not a very big goth scene where I live, but lots of punk and metal shows that I tend to frequent. A year or two ago there was a local goth night happening but I couldn't make it :'(. Maybe I should just try to organize a goth night myself lol.
i just realized that it's possible to send multiple pets in one trade. apologies to anyone i've accidentally spammed!!
they/them | adult | what if life could be dream Image Image
moththyme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me