Vocaloid/Vocal Synth Fan Club V6 - ReBirth

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Vocaloid/Vocal Synth Fan Club V6 - ReBirth

Postby utauloid » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:54 am

just found out there was a vocal synth fan thread here!!!

anyways i do agree about gumi's ai not being as good as synthesizer v.. honestly, it's not awful, but synthv makes ai sound a lot more natural imo. i think i'm glad that more synths want to start implementing ai, but honestly, im iffy with vocaloid doing it. a lot of the people who use vocaloid tend to prefer the more robotic sounding vocals regardless. and there are plenty of newer synths; my fav being ace virtual singer, that implement really good sounding ai naturally. but on the bright side, yay new gumi i love her
πŸ₯– - πŸ₯– - πŸ₯–
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┏xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxβ”“
πŸ’Ži'm mika/teto ⚣ he/itπŸ’Ž
goofiest goober in town ⚣ osdd1b sys
β”–xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxβ”š
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
utauloid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:35 am

Yamaha seems to have always kinda been steering into the "realistic" territory probably to appeal to pros...but the pros still haven't fully adopted vocal synth. Tbh yeah, making AI banks that tune instantly and really well would maybe appeal more to them? They wouldn't have to spend so much time doing manual stuff that would take longer than using a real vocalist. But Vocaloids AI for some reason just....isn't at that level but has been in development for a long time...before SynthV.

β˜†-β˜†-β˜†-β˜†-β˜†-β˜†-β˜†-β˜†-β˜†-β˜†

Can I tell you something...?

I want to tell you something...

It's just an old story.

I will sing the meanings...

That you taught me...

About devotion...

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:38 pm

There definitely is an aspect of trying to appeal to the industry/professionals, and there are odd artists here and there who have dabbled in some sort of vocal synth software, but it's not quite a big deal there just yet. Time will tell on this one, I guess. Plus, just using silhouettes or letters does mean there's no need for taking the time and money that creating some sort of character design and profile for the vocal would require, they can focus more on creating more and more VBs, or working on the ones that they already have, which could make it more attractive, if they manage to get a whole variety of voice types and supported styles/languages working pretty easily.

GUMI AI is an interesting one, as I think the idea there was more that she'd keep a tone similar to her older VBs, rather than trying to go outright more realistic/like her voice provider, so that she doesn't necessarily sound natural/realistic is understandable and makes it a little harder to gauge where the software is, if you only listen to her voice. Would've been curious to see how the VSingers would've compared, if their dev had moved up to V6, but looks like they're sticking on V5.

EDIT: Anyone checking/checked out MikuExpo Rewind+ this weekend? I at least wanted to check out the first of the Digital Stars sets, so staying up to catch it... Though, knowing my sleep schedule, will probably miss at least a chunk of the second showing of Rewind+, neither are particularly great times for the UK, haha
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:45 am

I missed rewind. Kinda saw it on my tl and then forgot about it. Somehow I had a saved old signature that still works. Updated it a little. I swear I used to have a spinny Kaito gif but can't find it anywhere :/ Btw the gif was not mine lol but was nice.

Also opened a Tumblr again https://meandering-blue.tumblr.com/

Can I tell you something...?

I want to tell you something...

It's just an old story.

I will sing the meanings...

That you taught me...

About devotion...

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:01 pm

To continue on the MIKU EXPO talk...

2023 got announced! At least, it got announced they're doing crowdfunding towards one.

https://twitter.com/mikuexpo/status/160 ... jJIfA&s=19

Another streamed one, this time trying out adding a VR version, which might be neat to see.

If you want physical concerts though, GUMI is taking part in IAMF, alongside #kzn and other VTubers. They announced the locations for the Europe leg of it and none of them are in the UK, haha.

EDIT:
Been a little while, but some neat stuff occured...

MIKU EXPO got funded (well, it's got a few days left, but unless people remove their pledges enmasse, it should be all good. Didn't manage to reach any stretch goals (yet), which is sad for the contest winners (though, they should really be included by default...)

Ci flower released! I... Actually haven't checked her out all that much. Maybe probably should.

Teto is getting a SynthV VB! Releases April 27th, and she sounds pretty neat so far (demos on https://www.ah-soft.com/synth-v/teto/)

There's been some other VB releases, too, SynthV's ASTERIAN and JUN are pretty neat, the VSINGER V5 updates finally released, and there's been other ones I've managed to miss...
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby outro;tear » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:12 am

I was gonna go here to comment about the official teto vb release!! I think her voice sounds gorgeous and her new design is beautiful!! Her tuning on this is really well done imo ^^
fighting, bleeding, losing, i'm really sick of it now (SIG WIP)
β˜… cloud // ⚒ // any pronouns // istp // listography // β™« β˜…
outro;tear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:06 pm

A fair handful of updates/surprises in the last little while...

The YAMAHA/nana competition VB released - Fuiro. She had a launch discount, but not really seen a whole lot using her. There was some brief excitement over her, but looking at VocaDB, they've only really got a handful of covers using her listed...
On the other hand, Po-Uta seems to have had somewhat more buzz, using Porter Robinson's voice (surprised I hadn't noted him with the last update I mentioned)

One more character moves programs - Haruno Sora is going over to SynthV

Otomachi Una is getting updated to V6, which I'm excited to see, I've got a real soft spot for her.

More of a surprise though... ZOLA Project makes a return - getting a VOCALOID6 upgrade! And an AI Voice version, too. Only KYO is getting samples rerecorded, YUU and WIL will use their old samples. They'll release only next week, the 20th, the 10th anniversary of their original releases.
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hyodo » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:33 pm

hiii im a bit late to the party LOL but im a big vocaloid fan and was excited to see a thread for this.. i know this place isnt super active but still!!

Favorite Vocal Synth: miku (of course), meiko, and otomachi una. slowly becoming a teto fan since her synthv voicebank came out... its actually so good and makes me wish miku NT was that amazing LOL
Favorite producer: pinocchioP is my number one! but i also love nayutalien, kairikibear, and wanopo! also like neru, mitchie m, kurageP, kinoshita, etc etc...
How long have you been into VS?: 5-6 years maybe?
Other: i'm a miku figure collector! i've never been to a concert, though i hope to someday. i havent touched the software ever but i admire those who work with it. big fan of the evillious chronicle series
───────────────────────────────────────
narcissist fools himself; give it your all and act like you are the brightest star
β–ˆβ”‚
β–ˆβ”‚
β–ˆβ”‚
β–ˆβ”‚
β–ˆβ”‚
β–ˆβ”‚
β–ˆβ”‚
β–ˆβ”‚
β–ˆβ”‚
β–ˆβ”‚
x
hello, i'm sam or hyodo! β˜†ε½‘
genshin impact uid: 616702979
star rail uid: 600372631

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
he/they ✩ adult
infp ✩ lesbian
─────── Image ────────
i like genshin impact, pjsk,
persona, pokemon, miku,
& the performing arts
al-haitham fan (derogatory)
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
hyodo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellevi » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:16 pm

Favorite Vocal Synth: len, flower, gumi, and miku!!!
    Favorite producer: utsu-p is my number 1 forever and always
    How long have you been into VS?: i got into it right around the time quarantine started, so just over 3 years!
    Other: i really enjoy collecting vocaloid figures, specifically miku and len! though the other vocaloids besides miku are pretty difficult to get figures of for a decent price... </3
hellevi
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seall » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:55 am

Favorite Vocal Synth: Solaria