Vocaloid/Vocal Synth Fan Club V6 - ReBirth

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Vocaloid/Vocal Synth Fan Club V6 - ReBirth

Postby StarWithRockDots » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:55 am

Favorite Vocal Synth: Gumi, Megurine Luka, and Meiko, I would say, are my most favorite. (I really should throw Kagamine Rin and Len in there, too, actually)

Favorite producer: Kaoling, Seiko-P, and Mitchie M, I think. I really admire all of these producers' skills in general, and the first two also happened to be the first producers I ever heard. c: (There are quite a few other producers where I completely LOVE everything I've heard of them, but I've only heard like two or three songs or so (or whatever number my mind deems to be "not enough"), so I would feel unworthy of listing them here. Even if I really really want to)

How long have you been into VS?: I forget the exact year, but by now, I think it must be over 10 years that I've been a listener and fan. Nearing one and a half years ago, though, I actually became a Vocaloid user myself. Got V5 and my first VBs in March '21 (and then in October that same year, I got a lovely new addition to my crew, and Piapro Studio alongside her c; )

Other: My (English-capable) crew consists of Gumi (Megpoid V3 English), Megurine Luka (V4X), CYBER DIVA II, CYBER SONGMAN II, and of course Amy and Chris (the default English singers in V5). I also have VY1 V5 and VY2 V5 (came with the V5 package I got alongside DIVA and SONGMAN), and Kaori and Ken (default Japanese singers in V5), but being Japanese VBs, and with me not knowing Japanese, I can't really utilize them to their true potential. Also, I haven't released any songs yet, and I 100% blame my inexperience in writing lyrics. ;w;

PS: I actually posted in the old club, long ago. I have a habit of silently lurking

Just popping in to say hi, and that I love the direction you've taken with this club, including all the vocal synths out there. I don't really know anything about the other V-synth programs, but I always find it cool how much the scene has expanded <3
^ Click there to go to my off-Oekaki art gallery <3

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Splatoon Fanclub
Cozy Warriors-themed Discord server (Warriors knowledge optional)

Formerly known as SilverStärlight
Gaming mains and such can now be found on my Carrd (see my profile for the link)

----------
StarWithRockDots

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:07 am

Oh hey! Long time now see. Congrats on getting Vocaloid. Do you do covers? That's what I'm doing.....like really I do have several folders, one for each cover song....though I may have given up on one i spent a few weeks on oops.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Can I tell you something...?

I want to tell you something...

It's just an old story.

I will sing the meanings...

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StarWithRockDots » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:31 am

Yo~ Sorry for being so elusive ^^;

I do like doing simple covers, mainly to practice my tuning skills and such, and it's where I learned most of my technique. It's a lot of fun, and I've gotten quite comfortable working with the software because of it. I mostly like covering songs from games, usually the Fire Emblem series because I love it so much. I've never uploaded any, but if I ever do, it would most likely be a remix cover of a FE song. I think that would go over fine

The cover I'm currently proudest of is a song I love from a game I've never even played, though: a Luka cover of Morning Sky from Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. I had so much fun pushing my skills to new lengths for that song, trying to make it sound as rich and expressive as I could. I had Gumi singing harmonies, too, and I even whipped up a simple backing track with the instruments I have in Studio One. I don't think I would ever upload a version of it, though, because I don't know how Square Enix tends to react to song covers and I'm terrified of copyright drama owO;
^ Click there to go to my off-Oekaki art gallery <3

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Splatoon Fanclub
Cozy Warriors-themed Discord server (Warriors knowledge optional)

Formerly known as SilverStärlight
Gaming mains and such can now be found on my Carrd (see my profile for the link)

----------
StarWithRockDots

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:50 am

O rip that sucks.

Rn the one I'm working on is pretty layered and hahha....I wanna do more parts of the song but I have to do it literally by hand lol the ust I'm using doesn't include everything...but most things. It's very hard to make an utau laugh or speak even a little convincingly orz but I'll try cuz at least it'll be cool if I get it to work X'''''D Annnd just when I need vocal fry/growl he does NOT come with those samples so trying to figure how to add that in ;A;; If you were to say "just use the flags" well.....for some reason my OpenUtau does NOT like flags so I can't really get them to work :/ I'll look into some plugins.

...just as I complained I tried again and theyre working now T__T

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

It's just an old story.

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fluffmuffler » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:52 pm

👀

Favorite Vocal Synth: Rin, IA and Yukari!
Favorite producer: I don't know that I really have one in particular! I do like quite a few songs by Deco*27, Giga-P, Eve, Hachi, Hitoshizuku-P and HoneyWorks, among others!
How long have you been into VS?: Ooh, that's a good question! The two oldest Vocaloid related videos I remember watching are both 13 years old, but they might have been around for a year or two before I actually saw them so... anywhere between 11-13 years, I'd say?
Other: I've started dabbling in SynthesizerV a couple months ago 👀 I don't know a thing about music so it's been a journey lol But I'm getting better at placing notes by ear, slowly but surely, so that's fun \o/
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Fluffmuffler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:58 am

Welcome! Ah, I don't think I have the guts to do a cover by ear. I do kinda wanna know how to do usts for songs that just.....dont have a ust or vsq but eeeeh kinda daunting. I'd rather mess with just tuning for now. What SynthV do you have? I rrly like Kevin ;A;

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

It's just an old story.

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fluffmuffler » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:33 am

I definitely appreciate it when I can find ust's or vsq's for songs I think would be fun to cover, but some songs I wanted to try just don't have anything so I figured I'd try my hand (and ear) at it and see how it goes, it's a lot of trial and error, and I don't have anything that sounds quite right just yet, but one day I'll get something that sounds decent (hopefully) :p
Meanwhile, I have yet to dip my toes into tuning, so I'm sure that'll be a whole 'nother beast to figure out lol

I'm using the free version so I only have the ones that have lite versions... which is actually quite a lot of them! Specifically, I have - Koharu Rikka, Kotonoha Akane & Aoi, Kyomachi Seika, Natsuki Karin, Tsuina-chan, Tsurumaki Maki (EN and JP), Anri, Eleanor Forte, GENBU, Solaria and Saki. And the AI versions, for those that have them.
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Fluffmuffler

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:22 am

Yeah, it can be challenging. Still figuring tuning style out. Hopefully I can make more progress with my cover soon 🤣

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

It's just an old story.

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serl » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:05 pm

ooh hi!!

Favorite Vocal Synth: hatsune miku, kagamine rin, and tone rion!
Favorite producer: lamazep, sasakure.uk, and masa works design <3
How long have you been into VS?: hmm probably since 2012!
╔═════════════╗

kaia/serl
she | paper rad#2431
hi i'm serl <3 my special interest is
cats! currently, i'm hyperfixating on the
idolm@ster, touhou, and chicken
smoothie! i'm a big rhythm game fan
and i frequent my local arcade! i also
really love music <3 my favorite
genres are happy hardcore, denpa,
classic rock, mashcore, & vocal trance!

╚═════════════╝
serl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:03 am

Hello! Lol glad to see a lot of old fans coming back.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

It's just an old story.

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist