๐Ÿ -Bug fanclub- ๐Ÿ

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ๐Ÿ -Bug fanclub- ๐Ÿ

Postby BlackAliat » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:31 pm

I love all types of bugs, isopods, arachnids and so onโ€ฆ I can spend hours in the garden (or elsewhere outside) searching for different types of them!
It makes me sad that so many people I meet think they are disgusting or something

-She/her
-Butterfly wolf collector
-Artist

Image โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž Image
Image Image
BlackAliat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spruce_99 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:19 am

ohmygod i totally forgot to play cs for like a year im so happy people actually used it later !! โธœ(โธโธโธยด๊’ณ`โธโธโธ)โธ

its so fun to look back on lolol
โ‚แข. ฬซ.แขโ‚Ž -( '' from my rotting body flowers shall grow and i am them and that is eternity ^^ '' )
spruce_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spruce_99 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:23 am

BlackAliat wrote:I love all types of bugs, isopods, arachnids and so onโ€ฆ I can spend hours in the garden (or elsewhere outside) searching for different types of them!
It makes me sad that so many people I meet think they are disgusting or something

me too o(Tใƒ˜To)

theyre so cute, essential to our planet, and so interesting too :3 and there are so many of them theres like so much to learn about !!
โ‚แข. ฬซ.แขโ‚Ž -( '' from my rotting body flowers shall grow and i am them and that is eternity ^^ '' )
spruce_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pinetreesheep » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:22 pm

Thankyou for this! I am really happy to see this type of club/army/group thing, and I fully support this insect positivity! ^w^

Iโ€™m just a casual bug nerd/enthusiast. Iโ€™ve taken a โ€œcollegeโ€ lecture type class at a botanical learning center called bugs 101 hosted by an actual UCR or MT. SAC college Alumni. I got certified by the end of it so I do know most about how to identify pests harmful to trees/plants in the region before I left as well as just recognizing tree damage/illness caused by insects.

But overall my main knowledge of insects comes from personal study. By using both informative college student/alumni/professor work/studies found online and my own real life exploration.

My favorite orders are unsurprisingly; Orthoptera, Coleoptera, and Lepidoptera. (Grasshoppers, beetles, moths/butterflies)
Iโ€™ve kept various species as โ€œpetsโ€ for short amounts of time, and I own several bug nets and other childish catching contraptions. All of which are mostly just used for my own amusement lol. Iโ€™m not a professional whatsoever but I just really love and enjoy geeking out about bugs.

I also frequently find bugs at my job (I am a cashier at a feed store) and in my region itโ€™s fairly tropical so we get all kinds of bugs attracted to the molasses smell of the feed among other things. So this summer has been full of massive locusts, huge rhino beetles, and even various large moth species like the Luna moth! Itโ€™s so fun ^w^ I love where I live, so many interesting insects!
Image ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“น! ~ ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ/๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป Image
๐’œ๐“๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“Ž๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐’พ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น, ๐’ท๐“Š๐“‰ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“ˆ๐“๐‘’๐‘’๐“…๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”โ€ฆ
๐’ท๐“Š๐‘”๐“ˆ | ๐’ฏ๐“‡๐’ถ๐’น๐‘’ ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐“‡๐‘’๐’ถ๐’น | ๐’ธ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น๐’พ๐“‰

pinetreesheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spruce_99 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:39 am

pinetreesheep wrote:Thankyou for this! I am really happy to see this type of club/army/group thing, and I fully support this insect positivity! ^w^

Iโ€™m just a casual bug nerd/enthusiast. Iโ€™ve taken a โ€œcollegeโ€ lecture type class at a botanical learning center called bugs 101 hosted by an actual UCR or MT. SAC college Alumni. I got certified by the end of it so I do know most about how to identify pests harmful to trees/plants in the region before I left as well as just recognizing tree damage/illness caused by insects.

But overall my main knowledge of insects comes from personal study. By using both informative college student/alumni/professor work/studies found online and my own real life exploration.

My favorite orders are unsurprisingly; Orthoptera, Coleoptera, and Lepidoptera. (Grasshoppers, beetles, moths/butterflies)
Iโ€™ve kept various species as โ€œpetsโ€ for short amounts of time, and I own several bug nets and other childish catching contraptions. All of which are mostly just used for my own amusement lol. Iโ€™m not a professional whatsoever but I just really love and enjoy geeking out about bugs.

I also frequently find bugs at my job (I am a cashier at a feed store) and in my region itโ€™s fairly tropical so we get all kinds of bugs attracted to the molasses smell of the feed among other things. So this summer has been full of massive locusts, huge rhino beetles, and even various large moth species like the Luna moth! Itโ€™s so fun ^w^ I love where I live, so many interesting insects!

thats so cool (โ‰งโ—กโ‰ฆ) , i really wish there were classes on that in my area but sadly i havent seen any;;

tropical areas have so many cute bugs , aaah im so jealous lolol (its usually pretty cold where i am if its not summer, so i dont see a lot of bugs other than mosquitoes, flies or grasshoppers (โ‡€โ€ธโ†ผโ€ถ))

i also really love beetles!! they look so silly and cute (ยด ฯ‰ `โ™ก)
spruce_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pinetreesheep » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:46 am

I think northern areas are more beautiful and my preferred temperature zone. Iโ€™ve lived in the south all my life be it one coast or the other. Iโ€™ve only lived in a tropical region for two years now and I must say I strongly dislike the storms it comes with. But at least the excessive greenery and moisture does make it probably the biggest insect hot spot ever.

It can be hard to find insect related studies in general! I canโ€™t remember how I found the class as it was kind of an unofficial study. Iโ€™m sure it was because the tree learning center was kind enough to host it for the college alumni student who wanted to teach it as part of their college requirements or final assessment thing.

You really just have to try looking around for any businesses/colleges that look nature related. Itโ€™s easier to search for that stuff online and in your local area!

Haha yea I love how cute beetles are. Another insect that Iโ€™ve found to be my favorite above all is the Cicada!
And I thought Iโ€™d share a few pictures of the bugs Iโ€™ve found this summer for everyone:

Image ๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“น! ~ ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ/๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป Image
๐’œ๐“๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“Ž๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐’พ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น, ๐’ท๐“Š๐“‰ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“ˆ๐“๐‘’๐‘’๐“…๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”โ€ฆ
๐’ท๐“Š๐‘”๐“ˆ | ๐’ฏ๐“‡๐’ถ๐’น๐‘’ ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐“‡๐‘’๐’ถ๐’น | ๐’ธ๐“‡๐‘’๐’น๐’พ๐“‰

pinetreesheep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yaeli » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:31 am

I took a summer entomology class while I was in high school. It was pretty wild. We had to make insect collections and would suck these bugs up a straw and then blow them into a container. I'm pretty sure the field is moving to photography and not actually taking these poor things out of their environment. I love how tiny the bugs are and how intricate and weird their designs can be.
Yaeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spruce_99 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:32 am

pinetreesheep wrote:I think northern areas are more beautiful and my preferred temperature zone. Iโ€™ve lived in the south all my life be it one coast or the other. Iโ€™ve only lived in a tropical region for two years now and I must say I strongly dislike the storms it comes with. But at least the excessive greenery and moisture does make it probably the biggest insect hot spot ever.

It can be hard to find insect related studies in general! I canโ€™t remember how I found the class as it was kind of an unofficial study. Iโ€™m sure it was because the tree learning center was kind enough to host it for the college alumni student who wanted to teach it as part of their college requirements or final assessment thing.

You really just have to try looking around for any businesses/colleges that look nature related. Itโ€™s easier to search for that stuff online and in your local area!

Haha yea I love how cute beetles are. Another insect that Iโ€™ve found to be my favorite above all is the Cicada!
And I thought Iโ€™d share a few pictures of the bugs Iโ€™ve found this summer for everyone:

tysm for the collage holy crap those r so gourgeous!!
( sorry about the late reply ive been buisy moving n travelling '' )

i think im gonna try to look for like insect related classes in my area since there might be some that i havent seen (literally got here today lol) , wish me luck!!

also when i was travelling i found this super cute shop with like insects ( dead though ;; ) and i got like a butterfly and a beetle!!

i kinda wanna do like a collage like that on my wall for some decoration :O
spruce_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spruce_99 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:38 am

Yael้นค wrote:I took a summer entomology class while I was in high school. It was pretty wild. We had to make insect collections and would suck these bugs up a straw and then blow them into a container. I'm pretty sure the field is moving to photography and not actually taking these poor things out of their environment. I love how tiny the bugs are and how intricate and weird their designs can be.

ooohh that sounds so fun omg (just maybe not a good idea lolol) , good that theyre moving over to photography instead!! :))

the way that insects can be so different but also so similar, some only being different from others in some ways but being so different from each other in other aspects is so cool ( ^^ )
spruce_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lifeleaves » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:34 pm

Anyone here ever just... watch ants? They bring up little particles of dirt one at a time to make their little hills, its so fun to watch. It's kinda sad when someone or something steps on/ ruins the nest that they worked so hard on. And the way that they run into eachother head on when walking down their paths is funny too.
Hello! I collect rabbits and rainbow pets
lifeleaves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me