🐝 -Bug fanclub- 🐝

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

🐝 -Bug fanclub- 🐝

Postby spruce_99 » Fri May 27, 2022 5:42 am

I have seen zero forums on here about bugs, and i REALLY want people to talk to them about. So if anyone has any facts, things they want to discuss ( or just ANYTHING about them ) i hope you can come on here and talk about it!
( i dont mind double posting, as long as its not spam! )
β™‘ ---- β™‘
β™‘ ---- β™‘

(bumps r appreciated <3)
Last edited by spruce_99 on Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
₍ᐒ. Μ«.α’β‚Ž -( '' from my rotting body flowers shall grow and i am them and that is eternity ^^ '' )
spruce_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bug facts!

Postby werewolves » Fri May 27, 2022 5:47 am

I love bugs!
Pill bugs/rolliepolies are a kind of Isopod, a species that is closely related to lobsters/shrimps/crabs!! Some kinds of isopods even live underwater or can be kept as pets :-)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
β”–xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxβ”“

hiya! my names jet, im 22, & i use she/her pnouns

i luv furbies, cryptids, werewolves, reading, & art!

always down 2 talk & meet new ppl :> feel free to drop a msg!
β”–xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxβ”šImage
werewolves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spruce_99 » Fri May 27, 2022 5:47 am

Also did you guyz know that the atlas moth is born without a mouth, so they can only live for about a week! (i feel bad for them-)
They are also one of the biggest moth species in the world, which is pretty impressive if you ask me-
₍ᐒ. Μ«.α’β‚Ž -( '' from my rotting body flowers shall grow and i am them and that is eternity ^^ '' )
spruce_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spruce_99 » Fri May 27, 2022 5:54 am

werewolves wrote:I love bugs!
Pill bugs/rolliepolies are a kind of Isopod, a species that is closely related to lobsters/shrimps/crabs!! Some kinds of isopods even live underwater or can be kept as pets :-)

Wow thats very interesting! :) Ive never heard some could live underwater, but are they able to breathe under there of are they able to keep oxygen bubbles like some other bugs? ( there are almost no facts about underwater pill bugs that i can find right now eheh )
spruce_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby werewolves » Fri May 27, 2022 1:55 pm

spruce_99 wrote:
werewolves wrote:I love bugs!

Wow thats very interesting! :) Ive never heard some could live underwater, but are they able to breathe under there of are they able to keep oxygen bubbles like some other bugs? ( there are almost no facts about underwater pill bugs that i can find right now eheh )

Yes! and the ones that live underwater are the size of cats! I believe they breathe by some sort of air sac/gas exchange similar to a fish but I oculd be wrong. If oyu look up giant isopods you can find more :>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
β”–xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxβ”“

hiya! my names jet, im 22, & i use she/her pnouns

i luv furbies, cryptids, werewolves, reading, & art!

always down 2 talk & meet new ppl :> feel free to drop a msg!
β”–xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxβ”šImage
werewolves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spruce_99 » Fri May 27, 2022 11:09 pm

Yes! and the ones that live underwater are the size of cats! I believe they breathe by some sort of air sac/gas exchange similar to a fish but I oculd be wrong. If oyu look up giant isopods you can find more :>

Thank you a lot! It was very cool to hear more about isopods and pill bugs, and i havent really heard a lot about either before so ty! :D
spruce_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 🐝 -Bug fanclub- 🐝

Postby ahirked » Fri May 27, 2022 11:13 pm

!! bug club!

well I'm sure this is well known but mayflies only live for about a day. quite interesting how fleeting life is for some creatures, such as bugs and creepy crawlies, in comparison to our own ;v;

what's everyone's favourite bug/insect? >:)
ahirked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spruce_99 » Fri May 27, 2022 11:20 pm

ahirked wrote:
    !! bug club!

well I'm sure this is well known but mayflies only live for about a day. quite interesting how fleeting life is for some creatures, such as bugs and creepy crawlies, in comparison to our own ;v;

what's everyone's favourite bug/insect? >:)

i am a very big fan of moths, so right now my favorite is the hummingbird hawk-moth! ( but the mayfly is also very pretty, especially its wings! ).

but whats your favorite? ( just asking if you do have one, its fine if you dont! )
spruce_99

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ducks ! » Fri May 27, 2022 11:22 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by ducks ! on Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

β•”β€β€β€β€β€β•β€β•šβ€β€β€β€β€β•—
flooxii - they/them - I like ducks
β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
hi darling. how are you?
β•šβ€β€β€β€β€β•—β€β•”β€β€β€β€β€β•

x Image
ducks !

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ahirked » Fri May 27, 2022 11:23 pm

spruce_99 wrote:i am a very big fan of moths, so right now my favorite is the hummingbird hawk-moth! ( but the mayfly is also very pretty, especially its wings! ).

but whats your favorite? ( just asking if you do have one, its fine if you dont! )

officially crying because I didn't know those existed and now they're my second favourite insect :sob:
    it's so tiny and round thank you for sharing ;v;

my favourite is probably the british emerald moth! specifically the small emerald, because their colours are just so aesthetic and pretty. I also really like red soldier bugs and japanese emperor caterpillars - the latter look like little green cats imo :')
ahirked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me