✎ CS Book Club ✐

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ✎ CS Book Club ✐

Postby onion » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:10 am

welcome new folks!

update on my reading list; the entire witch & wizard series by james patterson! i read the first thres books when they came out and loved them (even have an alter named after wisty heh) but lost interest for some reason. i got the last two books, the kiss and the lost for my birthday! so im going to reread the first three books to refresh my memory and get me up to speed. :)
    모든 data를 모아 mix it around Image
    >my sunshine / free palestine
    >blake/onion, it/its, adult!
    >rwby, kpop ggs, 2hu, splatoon!
    th / pound / carrd / en ᓚᘏᗢ
    like du du du du du! Image

sign a petition to lock certain items!
ImageImageImageImage
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tylercs » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:17 am

pizza hat <-- do not remove this!
Username: tylercs
Pronouns: he/him/his
Your favorite book and/or author: i have a lot but probably the harry potter series mostly bc of nostalgia
Why is this your favorite?: nostalgia also i think fantasy is cool
What genres do you like? horror and fantasy! :>
Fun fact about you: i want to be an entomologist but also im really scared of spiders sobs
Anything else?: have a good day! :>

also im reading the shining by stephen king rn :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
tylercs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fantasie » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:19 pm

Username: fantasie
Pronouns: she/her
Your favorite book and/or author: peter pan
Why is this your favorite?: it's a super long story but in short i saw the musical finding neverland, became obsessed with it, and decided to research peter pan outside of disney canon and now it's my favorite book ever.
What genres do you like?: historical fiction, classic fiction, the occasional dystopian novel, young adult realistic fiction
Fun fact about you: i wouldn't say this is a fun fact per se, but my grandfather has written several books.
Anything else?: despite my username i'm not actually particularly into fantasy, dystopian stuff is cool though
______《 fantasie 》________

molly | she/her | pink princess

signature creditpixel creditlink herelink herelink here
fantasie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:43 pm

hey everyone!

this thread has been pretty dead for almost a month, but i hope everyone out here's still reading! i was wondering if anyone would like to buddy read a book? none of my friends in real life are huge fans of reading, unfortunately, so it can get pretty lonely when i have no one to discuss about the books i've read.

i'm currently reading You by Caroline Kepnes and Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco. but of course, if anyone's interested in buddy reading we can pick a new book! There's a wide range of genres i read and am interested in, fantasy, historical fiction, mystery, and true crime being some of my favourites!

feel free to send me a pm! <3
minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winstalgia » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:55 pm

[size=85]that's cool, @middle earth. ! I would but I lack the time and attention span.

I've been super bad at sitting down and reading lately. I like the books I recently got, one is from my favorite author, Khaled hosseini, but i cant seem to sit down longer than 10 minutes and read

I am listening to an audiobook for english class, the book rebecca by daphne du maurier. I like the book a lot, its well written I think. While the descriptions seem to drag on at times, I do enjoy it and reccomend it if you like gothic themes, mystery, and a light splash of romance. /size]
"𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊"
adult
Hi! Call me Rain or Wins! hope all is well.
I love philosophy, paradoxes, and thought
experiments. Fermi paradox is my favorite.
Really avid blink-182 fan! I love their music.
I also really like DnD and fantasy stuff.
Currently working on a visual novel!

"𝖎𝖘 𝖘𝖎𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖌𝖔𝖑𝖉."
Winstalgia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Valentinez » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:05 am

Username: Valentinez
Your favorite book and/or author: The Secret History by Donna Tartt and my favourite author is Stephen King.
Why is this your favorite?: I love dark academia so The Secret History is the dream book for that haha
What genres do you like? horror, gothic, fantasy
Fun fact about you: I have a pet giant African land snail named Ambrose 8-)
Anything else?: <3

Valentinez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zoker » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:47 am

Username: Zoker
Your favorite book and/or author:Ah this is a hard one. My favourite author has to be Stephen King. The first book I read of his was Desperation and I was just completely blown away. However my favourtie book has to be Stolen by Lucy Christopher
Why is this your favorite?: I never thought a love story could be my favourite book as I rarely read love stories but something about Stolen kept drawing me to the characters, to the setting and the place of the book. Not to give any spoilers, but the light, almost dreamlike narrative of the book showed me the reality sometimes can be magical too.
What genres do you like? Mystery and horror, mainly crime/murder mysteries. I do enjoy the occasional science book and historical fiction.
Fun fact about you: I am an architect!
Anything else?: I am too excited to meet people who love books like me and hopefully get some exciting suggestions and make new friends. C:
Pet's name: ♥~Nocte~♥
[ Hell is empty and all the devils are here ]

My Deersserts.
My "Supernatural" Characters (Human).
My Quad and Other Characters
Pet's name: ♥ Ƶισ ♥

( TokioHotel_alien is my little sister )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" History theirs whose language is the sun. "
- Stephen Spender
Zoker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:45 pm

Zoker wrote:pizza hat <-- do not remove this!
Username: Zoker
Your favorite book and/or author:Ah this is a hard one. My favourite author has to be Stephen King. The first book I read of his was Desperation and I was just completely blown away. However my favourtie book has to be Stolen by Lucy Christopher
Why is this your favorite?: I never thought a love story could be my favourite book as I rarely read love stories but something about Stolen kept drawing me to the characters, to the setting and the place of the book. Not to give any spoilers, but the light, almost dreamlike narrative of the book showed me the reality sometimes can be magical too.
What genres do you like? Mystery and horror, mainly crime/murder mysteries. I do enjoy the occasional science book and historical fiction.
Fun fact about you: I am an architect!
Anything else?: I am too excited to meet people who love books like me and hopefully get some exciting suggestions and make new friends. C:

hi there! do you have any crime fiction books to recommend? I'm going to start the last book in the Stalking Jack The Ripper series and so far I haven't been able to find a crime fiction novel quite as compelling as that one

minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zaria » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:12 am

I have two recommendations! Hurt Go Happy by Ginny Rorby - This book is about a young girl with a hearing loss. One day she meets a man (it is kinda sketchy how they meet, but I promise the book is really good!) She meet's the man has a chimpanzee who can sign and they teach Joey (the main character) how to sign. This book is recommended for about the age of 6th graders but it's a truly enjoyable book.

The second reading recommendation is a graphic novel/comic style thing on the app Webtoons (accessible through laptop or phone app). The story is called Cursed Princess Club and it was created by the artist/user LambCat. It is an adorable and hilarious story!

Highly recommend both stories to all ages.
Zaria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zoker » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:26 am

middle earth. wrote:
    hi there! do you have any crime fiction books to recommend? I'm going to start the last book in the Stalking Jack The Ripper series and so far I haven't been able to find a crime fiction novel quite as compelling as that one

Hey! I haven't read that series yet, but the name does sound intriguing! So, I am not sure if you are familiar with a book called 'Blacklands' by Belinda Bauer? I found it's plot to be quite thrilling and unique, so you can definitely check that out if you want! XD

Another crime novel I recently read is 'A Rising Man' by Abir Mukherjee. It is more of a historical crime novel really, set in the year 1919 in the British colony of India. A Scotland Yard detective is transferred to India to solve the mystery of a wealthy Englishman found murdered in the dark back alleys of Calcutta, India. I loved it as it is action filled and mixed two difficult genres - history and crime. So I would definitely recommend it!

Zaria wrote:I have two recommendations! Hurt Go Happy by Ginny Rorby - This book is about a young girl with a hearing loss. One day she meets a man (it is kinda sketchy how they meet, but I promise the book is really good!) She meet's the man has a chimpanzee who can sign and they teach Joey (the main character) how to sign. This book is recommended for about the age of 6th graders but it's a truly enjoyable book.

The second reading recommendation is a graphic novel/comic style thing on the app Webtoons (accessible through laptop or phone app). The story is called Cursed Princess Club and it was created by the artist/user LambCat. It is an adorable and hilarious story!

Highly recommend both stories to all ages.

These sound very interesting, especially the first one! I always enjoy stories written for younger readers as I feel they are a bit more imaginative and daring.
Pet's name: ♥~Nocte~♥
[ Hell is empty and all the devils are here ]

My Deersserts.
My "Supernatural" Characters (Human).
My Quad and Other Characters
Pet's name: ♥ Ƶισ ♥

( TokioHotel_alien is my little sister )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" History theirs whose language is the sun. "
- Stephen Spender
Zoker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me