✎ CS Book Club ✐

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ✎ CS Book Club ✐

Postby minimire » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:47 pm

Zoker wrote:
middle earth. wrote:
    hi there! do you have any crime fiction books to recommend? I'm going to start the last book in the Stalking Jack The Ripper series and so far I haven't been able to find a crime fiction novel quite as compelling as that one

Hey! I haven't read that series yet, but the name does sound intriguing! So, I am not sure if you are familiar with a book called 'Blacklands' by Belinda Bauer? I found it's plot to be quite thrilling and unique, so you can definitely check that out if you want! XD

Another crime novel I recently read is 'A Rising Man' by Abir Mukherjee. It is more of a historical crime novel really, set in the year 1919 in the British colony of India. A Scotland Yard detective is transferred to India to solve the mystery of a wealthy Englishman found murdered in the dark back alleys of Calcutta, India. I loved it as it is action filled and mixed two difficult genres - history and crime. So I would definitely recommend it!

it is! it's kind of historical crime/mystery fiction, with the series taking place during the late 1800's. i haven't heard of the books you mentioned but i checked them out and they are now both on the list of books i need to buy! XD hopefully i can get to them soon.

oh yes, would you be interested in buddy reading?
minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zoker » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:36 am

middle earth. wrote:
    it is! it's kind of historical crime/mystery fiction, with the series taking place during the late 1800's. i haven't heard of the books you mentioned but i checked them out and they are now both on the list of books i need to buy! XD hopefully i can get to them soon.

I have never done buddy reading before (I just searched it on Google). OwO
But I am definitely interested in it! Can you run me through how it is done usually? XD
Pet's name: ♥~Nocte~♥
[ Hell is empty and all the devils are here ]

My Deersserts.
My "Supernatural" Characters (Human).
My Quad and Other Characters
Pet's name: ♥ Ƶισ ♥

( TokioHotel_alien is my little sister )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" History theirs whose language is the sun. "
- Stephen Spender
Zoker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:22 pm

Zoker wrote:
middle earth. wrote:

I have never done buddy reading before (I just searched it on Google). OwO
But I am definitely interested in it! Can you run me through how it is done usually? XD

well we would pick a book every month, and then we can choose which how many to chapters to read each week and discuss about those chapters by the end of the week. then at the end of the month we discuss about the book as a whole (:

minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zoker » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:02 am

middle earth. wrote:
    well we would pick a book every month, and then we can choose which how many to chapters to read each week and discuss about those chapters by the end of the week. then at the end of the month we discuss about the book as a whole (:

I will PM you about it XD
Pet's name: ♥~Nocte~♥
[ Hell is empty and all the devils are here ]

My Deersserts.
My "Supernatural" Characters (Human).
My Quad and Other Characters
Pet's name: ♥ Ƶισ ♥

( TokioHotel_alien is my little sister )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" History theirs whose language is the sun. "
- Stephen Spender
Zoker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aerialbolt » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:25 am

pizza hat
Username: tatooinesuns
Pronouns: he/him
Your favorite book and/or author: Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer
Why is this your favorite?: My learning disability made me fall out of love with reading for my teenager years, and I picked this one up as a "blind book" from a local bookstore on a whim. It reignited my love of reading so it holds a special place in my heart.
What genres do you like? Any, really! I like mysteries, horror, fantasy, and I'm reading a lot of romance lately.
Fun fact about you: I'm all about culture, history & languages! I'm learning Spanish because its useful in the US and Japanese because I wanted to learn a language with a non-Latin alphabet.
Anything else?: Excited to join y'all! I especially love that books often have more LGBT rep than other mediums. If you have lgbt recs, I would greatly appreciate them! PM me anytime!!
aerialbolt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .lucy. » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:56 am

pizza hat <-- do not remove this!
Username: .lucy.
Pronouns: she/her
Your favorite book and/or author: My favorite book of all time is Little Women, followed closely by the Lunar Chronicles books c:
Why is this your favorite?: Little Women is my favorite book of all time because it is such a timeless story. You can find pieces of yourself in each of the characters.
What genres do you like? Drama, romance, sci-fi, fantasy. I read a little bit of everything!
Fun fact about you: I self-published a book when I was a kid. I don't think it's very good but my mother tells me otherwise xD
Anything else?:
xxImage
xxx.x • english student • theater nerd •
xxxxxxxxxx • literature lover •
i am holibombing this christmas! enjoy c:

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xhey! feel free to send me
xa pm if you wanna chat
xxxxxavatar credit
xxxxxcoding credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██████████████████████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xfav ♫current readdreamie
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

.lucy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby insomnia. » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:48 am

pizza hat <
Username:
insomnia.
Pronouns:
she/her
Your favorite book and/or author:
we are the ants by shaun david hutchinson!!
Why is this your favorite?:
it literally changed my perspective on life as a teen. it's so original, exciting and beautifully written. i strongly related to the main character and just thought it was wonderful.
What genres do you like?
romance and drama!
Fun fact about you:
i love bungee jumping!

➸ achieved my ultimate dreamie after 11 years of searching <3
insomnia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OutFoxed » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:28 pm

Has anyone read The Last Dragon Chronicles by Chris d'Lacey?

I'm almost done re-reading after a ten year gap.

I don't know of anyone who has read or even heard of them, and would love to chat about the books!
OutFoxed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hot Dad » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:51 am

pizza hat <-- do not remove this!
Username: Hot dad
Pronouns: She/her
Your favorite book and/or author: So far, the harry potter series has been my favorite if I can pick that!
Why is this your favorite?: I just think it's ... amazing. The writing, the whole world, the characters, the nostalgia about it, the fact it's set in the UK. I don't think there are any loose ends and everything was well fleshed out.
What genres do you like? I love YA, fantasy, mystery, and romance books.
Fun fact about you: I also really love painting, photography, hiking, and foraging!
Anything else?: I just got into reading books last year and I managed to read 13 books! I read multiple mangas yearly but I'm really pleased to start doing full-on reading. I'm hoping to up that to 24 books this year ; D
┌──────────┐

└──────────┘Howdy boys. surprise! Papa Bless, everyone go and love me, yhupppo......
┌──────────┐
└──────────┘
┌──────────┐
└──────────┘
Hot Dad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:49 pm

any history geeks here reading some non-fiction history books?
minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me