Rise | Warrior Adopts | Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Rise | Warrior Adopts | Fanclub

Postby Wolfiedog3 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:57 am

How do your cats deal with shortages in resources? Lost Land hasn’t had anything too bad happen within a long time of shortages of resources, but if they do run out, they have been known to come out of their shells and ask for help from neighboring clans or any allies. While it is rare, they protect their own.

What is the biggest threat to your clan? Lost Land has been attacked by many rogues groups and are currently is watching a group that has destroyed the clan once before. They are small in numbers at the moment, but numbers slowly increase after a while, but they are being closely watched and Lost Land will do anything to stop another war.
Wolfiedog3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Divantae » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:09 am

How do your cats deal with shortages in resources?
Shortages were very frequent in the beginning days of the clan because many of the cats were inexperienced in hunting and surviving. However, now they're only really in leaf-bare when many of the clan members would rather starve than freeze in the cold outside. There are only a few cats who were too pampered in their previous life and refuse to hunt or fight at all. To deal with the shortages of prey, many cats raid buildings of anything they can find, even food left behind by twolegs that is now spoiled and probably is not the most healthy for cats.

The herb storage is almost nonexistent, as no one really knows how to use them.

What is the biggest threat to your clan?
Physically, any gangs of stray cats, dogs, or larger wild animals threaten the clan almost regularly. The animal population is very diverse after twolegs abandoned the city. Some friendly cats in passing believe there to be animals that were once gawked in confined spaces by twolegs, animals which all native to the city fear. However, as of now in the story these are just rumors. The leader denies such animals even existing anywhere near the city.

Of course, having no talented medics or an actual herb storage would make a lot of illnesses and injuries deadly.

The clan is its own enemy at times, as many of the clan have been known to betray each other or hold grudges. Rumors have been going around that some cats have been conspiring to overthrow the leader and it has affected Cardinalstar's mental health to the point where he is paranoid and distant around everyone, even his closest friends, despite his normal amiable nature.
Divantae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowflight13 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:24 am

This usually depends on the resource. Water is almost never short, as it takes a very substantial drought to dry up the lake and the large river that cuts through their territory, but if it were to dry up they would likely seek water further upstream, into the mountains, even if it meant temporarily vacating their camp. When herbs or prey run short, patrols are sent outside of their territory in search of some, and bring it back to camp if it will keep. Anyone too weak/old/sick/young/etc. to leave camp is fed first on anything found inside the territory, as warriors can roam quite far in search of prey for themselves. Only if there was no other way would Cometclan ever ask another Clan for help.

The biggest threat is the weather. Thunderstorms are common in greenleaf, and lightning poses quite a threat, either directly or by starting fires. Flooding is an issue in leaf-fall and newleaf, and blizzards are a threat in leafbare. The cats have to always be wary and keep their wits about them, keeping an eye on the clouds and the wind for signs the weather is changing, as it can turn from pleasant to miserable very quickly. Every season has its own dangers, and cats not used to the unpredictability of the foothills can be caught unawares easily. Flash floods and mudslides are particularly dangerous, as there is little warning before they occur.
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:30 am

Mountainclan rarely has shortages of food. They have large bodies of water stocked with fish as well as forests and mountains so prey is normally bountiful.

Biggest threat to the clan would be birds of prey. A new threat is also earthquakes which cause mudslides and cave ins.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfiedog3 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:42 am

Nominated Cat's User: Desmond
    Nominated Cat: 'Elepaio-Mele
    Reason for Nominating: I nominate this cat because I found that they seemed to be very well developed and loved in their clan. I love the personality, most how she loves to flaunt with her big fluffy tail, which I find adorable. I totally feel that even if they seem to be a little bossy the clan loves them!

Nominated Cat's User: dinah.
    Nominated Cat: TallDoe
    Reason for Nominating: I nominate this cat because Talldoe is great. I really enjoy when I RPed with them with my Deputy, as I found Talldoe very protective of her clanmates and overall taking care of the clan a little more than poor Spider. I really enjoy her! Wonderful, well thought out character.
Wolfiedog3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weegeestar5 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:56 am

w h e ez es, I keep forgetting to actually link my cats lol
heres duskclan! information on my cats is prob more found on the thread linked in the description

the two newest cats to my clan are laurelbreeze and lynxstorm!
[design by dia.]
katrione decided to gift me laurelbreeze as I own her sibling, swiftpaw! interestingly, those two are the first competition cats I believe, being number #0014 and #0015. weird, seemed like yesterday lol
anyway, laurelbreeze is a cheerful cat who certainly teases swiftpaw a lot ["hahha u still have ur -paw name" "I'm a medicine cat apprentice"]. shes pretty naïve and doesn't really consider things before she flings herself headfirst into any situation, but her sibling does balance her out at least lol

[design by denja]
and lynxstorm, who was my august custom! my first concept for him was actually for rise #0100 but I lacked motivation to finish the form. oh well
lynxstorm originally came from another clan, but was forced into exile after he was accused of murder - except, the real culprit happened to be his brother who looked a lot like him. lynxstorm often makes himself come across as aloof and emotionless - mainly because as an apprentice, he tended to be quite angry, and believes that this made it easier for his former clanmates to believe he could do something so awful. hes a loyal friend once you get to know him though!

water -- boy would they be in trouble if the stream dried up. the stream diverges into the place in which they communicate with starclan, so theyd definitely be in trouble. duskclan may ask for permission to drink from others' territory, or may search for other sources
food -- duskclan lives on the moorland, so prey isn't exactly bursting at every corner. the youngest, the oldest, and the ill would be given prey above the other cats first; as they can survive longer without prey. the clan do not commonly hunt within the rabbit burrows [as it can be dangerous] but every apprentice is trained to do so. if need be, they will follow the prey underground. if not, duskclan may look to other clans for assistance
herbs -- swiftpaw will order any of the warriors to go looking for herbs if they cannot find supplies easily; whilst theyre happy to agree, peachblossom can usually be seen grumbling about hunting patrols in the background. in the event that there are very few herbs in their territory, swiftpaw will order any of the warriors to talk to them before picking any herbs [so that there will be enough to grow]. swiftpaw will basically yell at the warriors to not fling themselves into battle

well, for one thing, half of the clan is literal children. this means that if any kind of attack happened or any kind of evacuation would be very difficult - simply because there are so many young cats in the clan, who will likely panic or not be able to defend themselves
the clan, being on an open moorland, is also at risk from severe weather conditions - such as fires or snowstorms

ImageImageImageImage
art by me, avatar by scolipede. //
check out my comic!
-x-x-x-
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ

-x-x-x-

and i want a moment to be real
wanna touch things i don't feel
want to hold on and feel i belong
and how can the world want me to change?
they're the ones that stay the same
they don't know me
cause i'm not here

-x-x-x-

ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
weegeestar5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neah » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:29 am

SunClan is big on positive relations with their border clans. When prey and herbs are short and they know their neighbors can spare some, they may ask for assistance, not too proud to need it. If this isn't an option, they may send out hunting parties past their empty border, hoping the prey and plants are more abundant in the area they aren't usually taken from. If all else fails, SunClan cats are hardy, and if needed will travel to the far off two leg places to retrieve food for the clan, knowing how rampant critters run in places with such a large food source. In extremely desperate times they may bring down bigger, starvation weak predators, their numbers capable of overwhelming gif used correctly,

Altogether, Sunclan's biggest threats are the fellow predators that roam the landscape and the precarious landscape. The other predators are a hazard, easy to run into if you aren't careful and deadly if not handled correctly. The land presents its own hazards. The sheer cliffs and mountains abundant in their territory are easy to fall from without careful footing, and the below freezing temperatures in the winter aren't for the faint of heart. The flooding that often plagues their neighbors downstream occasionally turns back towards them, wreaking havoc. All in all, the territory isn't for the faint of heart, but the clan has weathered it for generations, and are well versed in its tricks.
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:58 pm

Since Songclan is fairly large, it faces lack in food and herbs quite often, this is one of the reasons the territory they claim is so big. They have to keep moving from one area to the next so they don't totally drain the land.
Well, actually, lack of resources for the aforementioned reasons. Aside from that, wandering bands of rogues pose a serious threat when they try to claim parts of Songclan's territory, posing both a loss of precious hunting grounds and the danger of attacts on patrolling warriors

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:22 pm

PikakeClan simply buckles down and works harder, sometimes sending a scout to the larger island to get what they can. Resources come and go like the tide (and sometimes thanks to the tide) on the island, so they're pretty well used to having to scrounge for some supply or another.

The elements -- living on a small island in the middle of a pretty big body of water, with only one island within range, they have to contend with fighting the weather and the environment for their daily needs and comforts. It's not the easiest life, but they're making it work.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowflight13 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:00 am

Nominated Cat's User: weegeestar5
Nominated Cat: Stormstar
Reason for Nominating: I nominate this cat because dadstar is a good dad Stormstar is a really well developed cat, with an elaborate history and a well rounded personality! All of weeg's cats are loved but Stormstar is just a real personality, I love seeing responses to discord questions with him included! He's just a fun cat.

Nominated Cat's User: dimi.
Nominated Cat: Amberstar
Reason for Nominating: I nominate this cat because Silentclan is a really unique concept, and it's cool to see how the cats interact within the system dimi has built! Amberstar's duality is interesting, how she is mellow and reserved at first glance, but more calculating behind closed doors. The contract system Amberstar came up with gives a lot of insight into who she is, and I just think she's a unique cat with a unique Clan to lead.
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me