Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26: Weekly Theme!

Postby receptions » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:29 pm

Username: receptions

Most recently obtained character:
This absolute unit.
Someone on art fight designed him for me recently and I'm in love!! He still needs a name.

Favorite character that you own:
Don't make me chooooose oh noooooo. I guess I use Darren the most haha. He's been my main character for 6 years now.
The man, the myth, the legend.

How many characters do you own?: ~150
Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": Nope. I make and obtain characters so that I may love them very much.
membership form

Abissh wrote:snip

Your art is incredible omg!!!! The improvement!!! I adore what you've done with his design over the years. I always love seeing artists improve and take their characters with them. haha.
receptions

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabbitheart » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:22 pm

@Abissh ~ Wow! Your art has improved so much over the years!
@Siddy ~ That art you made is adorable! Also, congratulations on all of that amazing and adorable art that you've gotten! ♥
@plant dad. ~ Accepted! Welcome to the group!
@sylvender ~ That art is really adorable! I hope that when I manage to clear my art to-do list that I might be able to do an art trade with you!
@Lynxray ~ Accepted! Welcome to the group! I look forward to seeing you and your characters around the group! You have such adorable Pokémon characters by the way! ♥
@receptions ~ Accepted and welcome to the group!

What are your top ten favorite characters you own, and why?
Oh boy, asking the hard hitting questions today. XD Alright, so I'm going to exclude from this list a few things because it would be probably impossible for me to pick if I didn't. I'm going to exclude my fursona and any closed species characters, having done that I can now say that my top ten favorite characters that I own are the following (in no particular order):
- Paz - Paz was a birthday gift from my very best friend and I just adore him and I love the development I've done for him as well as the world that I created just for him! He has a very special place in my heart and he will literally never leave me. ♥
- Hatter - I bought this boy from Hannibun 4 years & 4 months ago and at the time, I had felt like my characters were finally starting to get interesting I guess? But I never had a character who was just fun, unpredictable, and just overall zany. The moment I saw him and saw his tattered (yet dapper-ish) clothes, I knew that he was what I was exactly what I was looking for to spice up my life. Since then, he's always been a kid I just enjoyed drawing, getting art of, and just...have fun with in general. His abilities and his over character as well as storyline are just fun to explore & expand. Not even I know where his story will turn next and I love that about him. ♥
- Marcie - Marcie is a favorite of mine for several reasons, one of which being that the instant that I saw her I knew she had to be part of Hatter's world and she needed to be his friend. However, ever since getting her, I realized that I liked them more than just as friends and I now ship her with him. Aside from that, I always really connected with her in terms of development and for a time I was strongly considering making her a second fursona. She goes hand-in hand with Hatter in that she too is a departure from my usual way of approaching characters. I wanted her to be equally unpredictable and zany. Even though she does come from a closed species, that species has been dead since January 2019 so it's been about a year and I'm considering possibly looking into removing her from the species if the species doesn't get revived, which is why she's the exception from my self-imposed no-closed-species restriction. XD
- Elanor - I paid an arm & a leg to get Elanor in an auction, she's designed by Leafstorm515 and I have always loved Lisa Frank and Elanor's Lisa Frank-esque design appeals to me in so many ways. She's just a ray of sunshine and love getting art of her as well as drawing her. ♥
- Reggy - Reggy will always have a special place in my heart just because I love how his development took a total turn compared to what I had originally planned when I first sent a payment for him. Basically, I sent a payment for him and sat for years and I didn't hear back from the user until some time later and discovered that he couldn't actually be sold because of the lineset he was on and so they gave him to me for free. When I finally got him I had no idea what I wanted to do with him in terms of development. At the time when I first went for him, I thought he'd just be a dog who was a fan of of the Harry Potter books and universe, but then I had the idea for him to actually be a human wizard in the universe itself and be an animagi! I got help from a friend to make him a human ref and now he's evolved in such a way that he has spawned his own interesting storyline and has created a secret club of under-aged students who are all also animagi! XD
- Patchwork - Patchwork is a character who, though still new, has quickly become a favorite in my life. When I purchased him, I ended up revamping him to make him easier on the eyes and to give him my own touches and I love how he's come out. I love coloring him into linearts and getting art of him, I also love where his development has gone as it's taken an interesting turn thanks to Hatter. XD
- Bandit - I fell in love with Bandit on TH randomly, I honestly don't even remember how I found him. XD I favorited him and then one day the owner randomly messaged me because I had favorited him and offered to sell him to me for...I think it was $15, I felt comfortable with that part considering he came with just 2 pieces of art that both featured him with a hair style completely different from what he had in the ref...and also not looking like a Fennekin at all. I managed to haggle down to $10 and a fullbody art piece. When I first saw Bandit, I knew I wanted him to be the leader of a rescue team. I had always wanted to have a Pokémon character in one so now I do and I just...honestly enjoy drawing him. He's so fun to draw/doodle when I'm bored in class and trying to focus. ♥
- Rudolph - Rudolph is a character that I obtained for free from a forum on TH and I'm sooo glad that I managed to snag him because he is a favorite. I have always been a massive fan of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer ever since I was a kid and so I have always been drawn to designs that are based off of him. I never thought of connecting them until I got this particular character. I decided that he was the real one, that in my version of the world Santa's reindeer become human and go out into the world and basically use magic to create emissaries (essentially just animals that help represent them in places they can't be and spread holiday cheer and otherwise goodwill among the human population when it's not the holiday season). I've really come to fall in love with this idea and of course the character. <3
- Yuuto - Yuuto is the very first character I ever bought with USD, aside from that I just fell in love with his palette and design and he's just the cutest pup ever and I enjoy drawing him and getting art of him! ♥ He was a bit tricky to develop and I'm still not 100% on it, but I do like that he is currently a pup who rescues abandoned rabbits and helps to find them homes! ♥
- Tarrant - Tarrant is a relatively new boy to me, but he's been a character that I've always loved and admired back when he was known as Betelguese and was owned by Walk-the-Floor. Now that he's mine, he's getting spoiled and I'm just enjoying having him. He's wound up in the same group as Hatter, so his story is bound to take an interesting turn. XD

Whats the oldest character you own? and the newest? Compare them!
Oof. Hard question to answer because I definitely own a lot of old characters that pre-date my character owning experience online, but I think my oldest character is probably my Pokémon fusion Evangeline. My newest character is Taffy. I don't even know how to compare them considering one of them is a character I made when I was a a pre-teen and the other is a character I bought so it's the difference in designers. I will say that I don't think my tastes have really changed too much. I definitely tend to lean towards cute designs. XD

Do you have any pokemon oc's? Show them off! I just like to see them <3
Yes! I do! I have...many. XD I'll link to the folder for now.

Do you have a character for every color of the rainbow? (blue one, green one, etc), show them off!
Hmm...probably.
Red - Dillan my Plumerian
Orange - Salem my Cinnadog (art by starrytak)
Yellow - Flo my shiny Floatzel (art by EmperorSquirrel)
Green - Jordi my Jellybean Dragon
Blue - Barry my Jellybean Dragon
Indigo - Sammy (art by Sanara)
Violet - Thegalym my Ahzenai/Niravar (art & design by Onyxeva)

Moving away from the questions, I have some new characters & art to show off! ♥

I recently won this cutie in an auction:
design by >>Leafstorm515, lines by tealea

Her name is Taffy Sugarrush and I also got some art of her from the DCAY:
by gala.tea on CS

I also obtained 2 new Lava Lamp Dogs, so I'd like you all to meet Bastion and a pup I'm still naming:
art & design by RaccoonSaloon on dA

art & design by KinqBoo

I also recently did some art of my Pokémon rescue team Redemption which features Bandit and Flo:
the background is a f2u background by Sqd on FA, everything else is by me! ♥

Sig art by Rexodus-Reloaded
Lyrics from "Wonderland" by Taylor Swift

Rabbitheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jericho » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:55 am

Going to attempt one last time to rehome these guys. This has been an on going process for almost three years now and I just want to be done r.i.p I have now officially reduced the price of EVERY character to only $5 USD! Several of these have hundreds of dollars worth of art so this is a major bargain. Will also consider accepting artwork (human, dog, or cat - anthro options possible for the dog and cat), DA points, etc. Just msg me with offers! For USD trades please try to contact me via DA (Jericho-x)

Click on the image below to view the characters avaliable!

@Rabbitheart - I didn't know lava lamp dogs still existed, super cool!
@receptions - Love Darren, that hair is to die for!
@sylvender - Your art is so cute! I really love your style!
@plant dad - Max is awesome! I'm so very jealous! Also, side note, your username is great XD
@Siddy - That last orange/white cat is so cool! What species is it exactly? Looks like it has the tail of an axolotl (sorry if I spelt that wrong) or maybe a koi fish inspired design? Neat anyway.
@Abissh - Ommmggggggg Lance is so cuteeeeeee I love their glasses <3
Jericho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HandleAnimal » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:31 pm

Username: HandleAnimal
      Most recently obtained character: girl 2 in my closed adopt batch! I fell in love hh
      Favorite character that you own: Don't make me decide! i can't, so I'm currently obsessed with Clio and Baby!
      How many characters do you own?: Around 60 I believe! Some are closed species I don't know how to get rid of, though..
      Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": No just because I do try to only keep characters I enjoy. I have some for memories, but other than that I just went through a purge!

membership form

@RabbitHeart Oh wow that adopt from leaf is wonderful! I remember seeing it, but the art received definitely helped her come to life!! ^^

"no king bed covered in roses
╔═════════════════╗
Art | Customs | TH | FR
╚═════════════════╝
just a room without a view”
HandleAnimal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby End.Doom.Forgotten » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:20 am

Hey y'all it's been awhile since I lasted posted, or at least i think. I've gotten quite a few new characters and currently in the process of getting 20-30 new characters. Like, i know what your thinking, "why in the Hell that many characters?!?" Im gonna tell you why, it's two words for you: "Love. Hoarder. I know. I know it's insane, but there is too many characters out there that has stolen my heart. <3 Please bare with me that this is gonna be a VEY LONG post! Also, IMAGE HEAVY! Sorry loves! <3
@Plant dad cute characters! I hope a moderator of CAAA accepts you soon! Welcome to the community!
@sylvender omg cute art. Id commission you but im broke currently. :'(
@Lynxray cute characters!
@receptions omg i fell in the love with the second character!!!!
@Jericho sent you a note on DA!!!!
@HandleAnimal cute characters!!!

1. What are your top ten favorite characters you own, and why?
1. Image I just bought Cosmo today. I absolutely love his design cause im a galaxy themed freak! I just couldn't say no to him <3
2. Image Aislinn Beauregarde was a gift from P H I L on CS. Im debating on making him my Fursona. I just freaking love his design <3
2. Image Larkspur is a shark x canine OC that i made and I just fell in love with her design <3 and im pretty proud of myself.
3. Image Nightmarish Nightmare was a free commission from gardog on CS. I love his design and I love spooky/scary creatures and I was so surprised on what creature I got!
4. Image Pvmpkin is my very first OC i ever created, she was based on a jack'o'lantern and I made her my main Fursona!
5. Image Haunted Memories is a chatlands character I colored from poses i purchased. I loved how she turned out!
6. Image Venom i absolutely fell in love with!
7. Image Mizuki Amaya Kitsune was a gift from my new friend, SaylaDarken on CS!
8. Image Tyson I just liked him and he looked cool!
9. Image Punk i fell in love with and won in a CS auction which i was surprised I won!
10. Image Zoro i just bought and freaking love him!

2. Whats the oldest character you own? and the newest? Compare them!
My oldest OC is Pvmpkin. My newest OC is Cosmo.

3. Do you have any pokemon oc's? Show them off! I just like to see them <3 Nope!

4. Do you have a character for every color of the rainbow? (blue one, green one, etc), show them off! Yes. tbn currently looking for more!

Hold up saw $5 sale will add onto this

EDF·Adult
FCDD Adopts- moderator
Dremons Adopts- co-owner
Chronos Adopts- owner
Unipups Adopts- archivist
The Creature Emporium- moderator
Oekeanos Minks Adopts- moderator
Zoo City Adopts- moderator
Cry Foxes moderator & explorer director
Fluffls Adopts moderator
Delta Foxes moderator
End.Doom.Forgotten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinful_Lies » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:22 am

@FallenPegasus - Thank you! c:
Those pixel icon are stunning!!
@Gremlin - The art of your characters looks great!
@Rabbitheart - Tarrant is adorable! *grabby hands*
@Abissh - Thank you! Thank you for the name suggestions, I ended up naming him Rhett. c:
Your art is stunning!!
@Siddy - Those pieces from Bullserk are great!!

What are your top ten favorite characters you own, and why?
Alright, here we go.
#10 - Grey. Grey is the first character I bought off of someone else and I love him so much.
#9 - Ridge. Ridge is one of my angsty boy who's great!
#8 - Calvin. Calvin is a lovely man who needs more of a personality, but he's a nervous mans.
#7 - Clancy. Clancy is a computer geek with sever insomnia.
#6 - Kukara. Kukara is a lovely mans who is constantly upset.
#5 - Soya. Soya is a sweet boy, he just wants to make everyone happy.
#4 - Buksbee. Buksbee is one of my newest characters. He needs a story/personality, but I love him so much!!! His nickname is Buk.
#3 - Kierce. Kierce is a great little mans. He's so innocent and a lovely bean who needs all the love in the world.
#2 - Aleksy. Aleksy is one of the few human character I have that has an actual refs. I would like more art of him, but it's hard to find people who draw people.
#1 - Fate. Clearly my fursona is my favorite character, I've been working on his story with my best friend for years and I've put so much time and effort into him that it would be wrong to not say he's one of my favorite characters.

Whats the oldest character you own? and the newest? Compare them!
Grey, not the oldest character I have, but he was the first character that I bought off of someone else. Buksbee, he's the newest character I've bought. You can see the clear differences between the two.

I also have characters for sale in this group. I am only looking for CS pets and C$ or Fr stuff. PM me with offers, certain characters cost more than others.

xx│ She/Her │ xx
Semi Active
PFP made by faded_dreams11 and Sig art by aortic

FRKalons
Sinful_Lies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bladee » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:40 pm

Username: bladee
      Most recently obtained character: pixie ...!
      Favorite character that you own: probably my akane :>
      How many characters do you own?: 15-ish? i'm selling some here too!
      Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": not really anymore, but soon again :>
      membership form
bladee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Topsy Turvey » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:12 pm

Username: Topsy Turvey
Most recently obtained character: Vera
Favorite character that you own: aaaa definitely my boy haruki ;w; <333
How many characters do you own?: 116 uploaded to TH, probably another 20? or so I still need to upload hhhh
Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": I didn't before I counted lmao, I've gotten a lot better with only taking on characters I can actively develop and not letting myself get overrun. c'x
membership form
Last edited by Topsy Turvey on Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

╔═════════════╗

Topsy ❅ She/Her ❅ Bi

A high key anxious mess~
Sorry if I take a while to reply,
I get overwhelmed very easily.
Feel free to poke me if I'm
taking a while!

Art links to my FR profile.
Credit: Cellar x Elijah

╚═════════════╝

Character Clear-Out!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fisht3a » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:53 pm

heads up for an image heavy post!! ive been back to drawing a lot qwq

i got two keldines!! theyre so so adorable and here's some art of them!

by me

by me

by me

here's more art of sencha!! ive gotten too much to post qwq i love them so much!!!

i also opened my art shop!! please check it out if you're interested in some art <3

replies:
@Sinful_Lies - omg i love buskbee! the little moth-like antennae are rlly cute qwq
@End.Doom.Forgotten - nightmare is SO COOL!! ugh that piece is so dark and mysterious~
@Rabbitheart - wowww that black and yellow dog looks STUNNING!! i love the leopard spots!
hi there! you can call me fish, tea, etc.~
(FallenPegasus former username from 2014-Oct. 2021)
she/her
toyhouse
art fight
all art in sig by me
fisht3a

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leverage » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:12 am

Topsy Turvey wrote:Username: Topsy Turvey
Most recently obtained character: Vera
Favorite character that you own: aaaa definitely my boy haruki ;w; <333
How many characters do you own?: 116 uploaded to TH, probably another 20? or so I still need to upload hhhh
Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": I didn't before I counted lmao, I've gotten a lot better with only taking on characters I can actively develop and not letting myself get overrun. c'x
membership form

Also, my character storage is currently a mess and a half. I've been toying with the idea of having a separate sales account but I'm not sure how well it'd work (knowing me, I'd never want to transfer any over), but I also don't want to have too many groups? If anyone had any tips or could show me their system on TH for organizing their characters I'd be super grateful! c:

bladee wrote:
      Username: bladee
      Most recently obtained character: pixie ...!
      Favorite character that you own: probably my akane :>
      How many characters do you own?: 15-ish? i'm selling some here too!
      Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": not really anymore, but soon again :>
      membership form

Both accepted!! Please let me know if you'd like the discord link!

---------

Did some art recently! Art by me, of course, character design by Leafstorm515!

mod of the caaa │ graduate student │ lesbian │ she/her
entomology | equestrian | artist | bone and fossil collector | gamer | dnd mini painter
art above by Y00NS │ avatar by MrBoodle
leverage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me