Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub V1 - Thread Overhaul pg.389

Postby blazesong » Thu May 02, 2019 6:29 am

Kiwani wrote:Tell me about it, and apparently I saw one Unown somewhere where I live, according to my pokedex. I don't remember seeing one anywhere, and it's bothering me. I will never get a shiny Unown!, whenever the shiny version comes out. The one thing that I don't like with what is done with Pokemon Go are the region locked pokemon, as I like to call them. I will never go to, let's say, somewhere in Europe or Asia to get some of the pokemon that you can find only there.

the thing i don't like about regionals is that the US has so many of them that are only found on that landmass.
while other places only have one, some even have there area (corsala) regional so rare you can go there for 2 weeks and only see 4.

2 weeks in singapore i saw 4 corsala caught 3was in a taxi for the missed one and couldnt go to it,2 weeks in London i got 20 mrmimes with out even trying. Someone in my group went to a contry still in the corsala belt but got 20 of the things with out trying (and got torcoals to ) , not sure if this is just a trait of the corsala belt or if the patchirusu belt also has this. havn't seen it in the chatot belt (i also just relized corsala is also in the US ....)

there is also the mime problem, with mime jr needing to be added nobody knows what will happen with mr mime. i'm hoping maybe they give the UK a new regional of one of the pokemon not in game (i hope they don't make it Kecleon or rotom ) before my next trip there

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Thu May 02, 2019 7:12 am

Schuyler wrote:
Cloudpelt wrote:I’m not a regular around here, but for the lake trio, can it be any body of water? I have a pool in my backyard so uh

I wouldn't expect a backyard pool to affect anything. I'd assume it has to be a body of water significant enough to be recognized by the system so that it knows to spawn different Pokemon there. When you look at the map in the app, any areas that show up as blue instead of green are what the system's going to recognize as water.

You can check this to see where they might spawn for you. Just zoom in to your area and press "run" in the top left. Anything that shows up blue would be a place they could potentially spawn - grey and orange are unconfirmed at this stage (unfortunately including beaches and seafronts). There's a duck pond in my local park that isn't big at all that they could potentially spawn in, so you don't have to be near any huge bodies of water, but I imagine the bigger it is the more chance of them spawning.

@blazesong yeah I find that annoying too - the US alone gets 4 different regionals while the entirety of Europe gets 1. I could see them just making Mime Jr worldwide and neglecting to give Europe a regional until the next gen (in which case I would be incredibly angry lol) but what with the messes of feebas and clamperl day they've made it clear they don't really care about Europe as a region (and Asia-Pacific before us)

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hau-chan » Sat May 04, 2019 5:26 am

They announced that the Lake Trio will be available in raids.
I hope they will switch between regions. c:
I am no longer available here. If for some reason you want to contact me, you can try on my FR account, though I am not very active there as well.
Hau-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dama » Tue May 07, 2019 2:47 am

Hau-chan wrote:They announced that the Lake Trio will be available in raids.

Apparently Niantic confirmed the Lake Trio will be in their current regions for a while, at least, and may not even swap at all. I kinda hope that isn't the case though.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
there's room for us in heaven
we could stay this way forever

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xx
xx

about me
• • •
listography
• • •
need help?
• • •
credit
Dama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Tue May 07, 2019 6:38 am

Dama wrote:

Apparently Niantic confirmed the Lake Trio will be in their current regions for a while, at least, and may not even swap at all. I kinda hope that isn't the case though.

I hope its long enough for the average player to realistically catch one, but not so long that we never see each of them go through each area.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaosin » Tue May 07, 2019 6:42 am

Dama wrote:

Yeah I remember hearing that, too. I wonder though if they'll keep the wild ones as "regionals", but rotate the raid ones like how they did for the rest (the dogs, regis, etc.)? I'm curious to see!

Has anyone else done the raids yet for the Lake Trio? If so, what's your success rate? o:

We have Azelf here in raids where I'm at and we did 12 of them yesterday. Well, technically we did 13, but the first one we did we attempted to two-man and failed. If we had like 10 more seconds or more revives, it'd be possible. Only with Swift though, we wouldn't be able to do any other ones! Regardless, I'm at 8/12 with two 96% so I'm happy with that - though I want a perfect just for the sake of having one!

xxxxxxxxxxxxych recolor by Asterlie
m o s t l yx q u i t t i n gx c h i c k e n s m o o t h i e !

I have been on CS since January 2009, and I think it's time to move on.
I have many fond memories and will still love and cherish the characters I've gained
through closed species, auction, etc. They are my family and will not be going anywhere.

Almost all my pets and all my unlocked items are up for trade for artwork, so if
you are an artist and would love to be commissioned, please send me a message!
I am looking for all sorts of art - feral (canine, feline), humanoid, etc. so feel
free to show me your examples and we can work out something! ^^

xxx- With Love,
x xx xxChaosin

xxxxxxxxx
Chaosin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hau-chan » Tue May 07, 2019 8:19 pm

I really hope they will rotate, just in raids, it would be enough. I just hate regionals, Niantic wants to get rid of spoofers and what are they doing? More regionals, woho! But it's just my opinion, maybe I am too poor to play this game. :<

We have Mesprit here, I, unfortunately, haven't done any raid yet, but I've heard that it is hard to catch. I'd just like to have at least one for dex entry, so I'll do some raids after I get back from honeymoon.
I am no longer available here. If for some reason you want to contact me, you can try on my FR account, though I am not very active there as well.
Hau-chan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Nishea » Wed May 08, 2019 6:16 am

When it comes to CP (combat power) what is a high base amount for Pokémon that spawn regularly (non-raid Pokémon)?

For example, if I see a Buneary spawn whose CP is 540 is that considered high, and if that isn’t high then what is?

Princess Nishea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Wed May 08, 2019 9:06 am

Princess Nishea wrote:When it comes to CP (combat power) what is a high base amount for Pokémon that spawn regularly (non-raid Pokémon)?

For example, if I see a Buneary spawn whose CP is 540 is that considered high, and if that isn’t high then what is?

I believe the CP you tend to see in the wild depends on what level you are.
So it's hard to define a range where it becomes "high CP"
what I generally do is catch any pokemon I encounter (well, as much as I can bother to) and then compare their CP with the ones I already had, as well as compare their appraisals, and then only keep the best one (best appraisal is my first priority, and secondly high CP of course).
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaosin » Wed May 08, 2019 9:23 am

Hau-chan wrote:I really hope they will rotate, just in raids, it would be enough. I just hate regionals, Niantic wants to get rid of spoofers and what are they doing? More regionals, woho! But it's just my opinion, maybe I am too poor to play this game. :<

We have Mesprit here, I, unfortunately, haven't done any raid yet, but I've heard that it is hard to catch. I'd just like to have at least one for dex entry, so I'll do some raids after I get back from honeymoon.

Have fun on your honeymoon first of all! <3
I really don't find it that hard to catch, having Azelf. I'm assuming Niantic is smart and made them all the same catch rate, so it seems pretty easy so far? But, I will say if Mesprit is like Azelf - it's closer than you think for the catching. I have yet to figure out the excellent throw on it because I keep misjudging the distance!

Thalassic wrote:
Princess Nishea wrote:When it comes to CP (combat power) what is a high base amount for Pokémon that spawn regularly (non-raid Pokémon)?

I believe the CP you tend to see in the wild depends on what level you are.
So it's hard to define a range where it becomes "high CP"
what I generally do is catch any pokemon I encounter (well, as much as I can bother to) and then compare their CP with the ones I already had, as well as compare their appraisals, and then only keep the best one (best appraisal is my first priority, and secondly high CP of course).

I also just want to add onto this - CP seems like it's determined by a variety of things. Level, to an extent, and weather boost are the two common factors I can think of. There may also be a correlation to stats and CP, but it's hard to say (i.e. you can have high CP but horrible stats). Higher CP ones seem to show a better trend of higher stats, though - but it's not a definitive factor in my mind!
After a certain level (if I recall, it's level 30), the CP you see will match other players of a higher level (i.e. if you were say a level 15 and your friend is a level 37, you two will see different CPs and even different stats!).

In terms of Buneary, I believe "high CP" for a Buneary is 900+, I've seen some over 1,000 but I cannot remember if they were weather boosted or not! ^^;

xxxxxxxxxxxxych recolor by Asterlie
m o s t l yx q u i t t i n gx c h i c k e n s m o o t h i e !

I have been on CS since January 2009, and I think it's time to move on.
I have many fond memories and will still love and cherish the characters I've gained
through closed species, auction, etc. They are my family and will not be going anywhere.

Almost all my pets and all my unlocked items are up for trade for artwork, so if
you are an artist and would love to be commissioned, please send me a message!
I am looking for all sorts of art - feral (canine, feline), humanoid, etc. so feel
free to show me your examples and we can work out something! ^^

xxx- With Love,
x xx xxChaosin

xxxxxxxxx
Chaosin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me