Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Pokemon GO! ▰ Fanclub V1 - 3rd Anniversary Celebrations!

Postby Kiwani » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:27 am

It depends for me if I can be honest.
Kiwani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Nishea » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:12 am

Kiwani wrote:It depends for me if I can be honest.

Same.

Pokémon in general is very find and collect based, so it was easy to make into a fun treasure hunt type of game IRL, but Yu-Gi-Oh is (if I can remember correctly) all about fighting other duelist to get cards, so I’m not sure how well it would adapt to a Pokémon Go type of game.

Maybe CP (computer player) duelists could spawn randomly (like Pokémon), and we’d have to fight them to get cards? I think that would work pretty good.

We could even duel Yami/Atem for Exodia. (^ u ^)

Princess Nishea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaosin » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:27 am

Yu-Gi-Oh was never my cup of tea, so I'd pass on it, personally! (:

Also, I'm crazy happy! My birthday was on Tuesday and I finally found someone who could trade me a shiny eevee with a flower crown! Although it didn't turn out lucky, I still have one now! I just gotta aim to get a lucky one and the rest of the eeveelutions with it! But, one's a good start! <3

And how is everyone enjoying the new appraisal system? I'm personally not a fan, but I'm getting used to it. I think I'll like it more if the IV calculators adapt to it, but right now the one(s) I use still use the wording. Some I can pinpoint like a 15 attack I know the wording for that, but a 14 across the board causes me more problems! ;3;

xxxxxxxxxxxxych recolor by Asterlie
m o s t l yx q u i t t i n gx c h i c k e n s m o o t h i e !

I have been on CS since January 2009, and I think it's time to move on.
I have many fond memories and will still love and cherish the characters I've gained
through closed species, auction, etc. They are my family and will not be going anywhere.

Almost all my pets and all my unlocked items are up for trade for artwork, so if
you are an artist and would love to be commissioned, please send me a message!
I am looking for all sorts of art - feral (canine, feline), humanoid, etc. so feel
free to show me your examples and we can work out something! ^^

xxx- With Love,
x xx xxChaosin

xxxxxxxxx
Chaosin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:47 pm

Princess Nishea wrote:
Kiwani wrote:It depends for me if I can be honest.

Same.

Pokémon in general is very find and collect based, so it was easy to make into a fun treasure hunt type of game IRL, but Yu-Gi-Oh is (if I can remember correctly) all about fighting other duelist to get cards, so I’m not sure how well it would adapt to a Pokémon Go type of game.

Maybe CP (computer player) duelists could spawn randomly (like Pokémon), and we’d have to fight them to get cards? I think that would work pretty good.

We could even duel Yami/Atem for Exodia. (^ u ^)

My thoughts as well. Not to mention waaaaaay more Yu-Gi-Oh monsters have been created than Pokemon, so I'm really not sure how it would work. They did manage to adapt Harry Potter to the same kind of format, though, which is not even remotely similar to either Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh, so maybe they could figure something out. If they did, I'd be interested in checking it out at least.

Chaosin wrote:And how is everyone enjoying the new appraisal system? I'm personally not a fan, but I'm getting used to it. I think I'll like it more if the IV calculators adapt to it, but right now the one(s) I use still use the wording. Some I can pinpoint like a 15 attack I know the wording for that, but a 14 across the board causes me more problems! ;3;

It took a bit of getting used to, but I like it a lot better than the old system. Now we can see the precise values for all of the stats instead of a general range for just one. c:

I don't know about the others, but if you're using Poke Genie, there's a new update just out that works with the new appraisal system, so check if you can update it yet. It actually makes it much quicker and more accurate than before because now you take the screenshot with the appraisal onscreen, so you don't have to input the appraisal manually anymore, and now that all stats are visible, it should always give an exact number now instead of a possible range. ^^

If you don't see the update, just wait a bit and in the meantime, you can actually easily "translate" the appraisal to the old wording yourself. As far as I could tell experimenting before Poke Genie got the new update, it all matches up quite nicely:

0 stars = "not be great in battle"/"not likely to make much headway"/"room for improvement"
1 star = "a decent Pokemon"/"above average"/"pretty decent"
2 stars = "a strong Pokemon"/"caught my attention"/"really strong"
3 stars = "simply amazes me"/"a breathtaking Pokemon"/"battle with the best"
(3 stars and a different color = 100% IV)

Longest bar(s) = best stat(s)

1/3 or less filled = "don't point to greatness"/"not out of the norm"/"kinda basic"
Up to 2/3 = "get the job done"/"trending to the positive"/"some good stats"
Up to 3/3 = "excellent stats"/"impressed by its stats"/"really strong"
100% filled and a different color = "blown away"/"exceed my calculations"/"best I've ever seen"

Alternatively, it's now fairly easy to calculate the IV percentage yourself without any extra apps if you don't mind a bit of math. Just add together all three stats and divide by 0.45 (or 45 and then multiply by 100 / move the decimal point two to the right, whichever's easier for you).
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiwani » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:38 pm

I have yet to update Poke Genie, but I guess I have to now, and give the new update a look at. Also I like the new appraisal thing in Pokemon Go. Apparently I have one pokemon that has max stats in two, hp and defense, and the attack was almost maxed out, that is good to know, despite me forgetting what pokemon it is. Like how you can just click on the arrow and go to the next pokemon, makes it easier than clicking on said pokemon, appraise it, then click out of the appraise screen, and then go to the next pokemon.
Kiwani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dama » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:24 am

Regarding the new appraisal system, there’s also new search terms that correspond to the stars.
So if you type:

1* - one star on the appraisal
2* - two stars on the appraisal
3* - three stars on the appraisal

You can also type 4* which shows you if you have any hundos / Pokemon with 100% IVs ^^

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
there's room for us in heaven
we could stay this way forever

xx
xx

about me
• • •
listography
• • •
need help?
• • •
credit
Dama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Painful Affinity » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:47 am

Dama wrote:Regarding the new appraisal system, there’s also new search terms that correspond to the stars.
So if you type:

1* - one star on the appraisal
2* - two stars on the appraisal
3* - three stars on the appraisal

You can also type 4* which shows you if you have any hundos / Pokemon with 100% IVs ^^

Oh my, thank you so much for pointing that out -
Guess who wasted their time looking at all their Pokemon individually with the new appraisal? yes , that's me xD

This new system is much more easy to handle than the old one. So happy they changed this^^

Edit:
@Vampiric in post below
Oh wow, i wasn't aware the search was this detailed. This is great, thank you very much!
Last edited by Painful Affinity on Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Painful Affinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:54 am

If you want to see a full list of the search tags for pogo, including new ones, see here.

Here is what the appraisal bars look like in their full form, each section being 5 ivs, full being 15. If the star sticker turns pink, it's perfect IV.
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dama » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:51 am

Ralts will be the featured Pokemon for August Community Day ^^
GO Hub Info-graph

there's room for us in heaven
we could stay this way forever

xx
xx

about me
• • •
listography
• • •
need help?
• • •
credit
Dama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Nishea » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:24 pm

Is Pokémon Rumble Rush in any way related/connected to Pokémon Go?

Princess Nishea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me