Steven Universe Fanclub! {Open!}

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Steven Universe Fanclub! {Open!}

Postby Aurore » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:45 am

FrostedFirefly wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my goodness

I jjust finished the movie,,
This is definitely one of my favorite movies. I love Spinnell (Whoops that's probably spelled wrong), she's heccin cute
I was squealing in the first five minutes, I love the way Steven and Connie look aged up, I love their new designs and Connie's hair looks so adorable!! That kiss on the cheek had me shook but in a good way, I had to get up to hug someone,, I can't believe I sat through the whole thing and it was only an hour?? I mean, and that one fusion (I won't say any spoilers) was,,,,,, interesting. I absolutely love Sadie's new hairstyle as well! I was super happy to see Bismuth have a part in a song aaaaaaaaaaa I've always wanted to see that and it was every bit as great as I hoped, much like the entire movie which exceeded every expectation I had, (Peridot was adorable as always) it's threatening to top the Httyd series as my favorite movie qwq
I can't wait for season six
It's coming, bois
Oh heck yaes
(When everyone reunited near the end I was whisper-yelling at my screen for Steven and Connie to kiss, alas, a cheek-kiss was all we got but I"M STILL HAPPY WITH IT)
I'm gonna go make some fanart noow
(I love this movie if you couldn't tell)

I really wanted to see Sadie and the other teenaged characters visibly aged up slightly. xP Since Lars probably isn't gonna age anymore and I want to see that addressed...

But yeah the movie was fantastic. There was a lot I wanted to see that didn't happen (mild spoilers: more about New Homeworld, meeting some of the new immigrant gems, more new fusions - but they did a great job with Steg, etc), but you can't fit everything into an 80-minute runtime.

There were some plot holes (how did Spinel learn how to use Pink's injector, why did Earth not die when she completed the injection, etc), but I was overall impressed with how they handled the main conflict. Spoilers: That memory-erasing scythe was a GREAT thing to introduce. I had found it a little far-fetched that Homeworld gems seemingly always obeyed their roles - but I suppose they didn't, and that scythe is the solution for keeping them programmed. As for Spinel, her reason for villainy was both realistic and consistent with what we know of Pink's behavior. I've heard some people saying that her redemption was rushed, but I think that's just a consequence of having to introduce and resolve a villain in 80 minutes. I liked that she didn't immediately become good after Steven restored her memories. She still didn't trust him and made assumptions about his motives, and in the final fight she had to come to her own conclusions about why her anger wasn't doing any good.

And the animation looked great. The first fight was spectacular, and overall the movie looked a lot smoother and more consistent than the episodes.

Hoping the transparent text works on all devices/themes... xD

Image join us
x
x

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 14 people.
I have received 12 gifts.
I have nuked 12 people.
I have received 9 nukes.
I have won 0 gift wars.
I have lost 0 gift wars.

x
x

[art shop]
Aurore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby star star. » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:03 am

hey! glad we’re all enjoying the movie (i definitely am) but make sure to put spoilers/most things retaining to the movie in transparent font. for thise of you who don’t know, do [color= transparent]your text here[/ color]

FrostedFirefly wrote:
Coco Bunny wrote:BRO Spinel's whole story makes me sob. I mean, we all knew Pink wasn't a good person, but this just makes her despicable in my eyes. Leaving this gem - who's only friend is you - to stand in one spot for over 6000 years waiting for you to get back is equivalent to when that guy abandoned his Charmander in the Pokemon anime, or abandoning a pet irl and never coming back. Pink didn't even leave anyone to tend to the garden!! She just left Spinel!!!

And Steg!!!!! Oh my god!!! Opal singing??? Pearl getting her memories back not from Rose but from the idea of being independant and free?? How system.reboot/PEARL was so much creepier than I'd thought it'd be??

I know!! I mean, I wouldn't say Pink was as bad once she came to earth.. Okay, well, I wouldn't say she's a bad person in general. She did bad things, yes, but she was basically a little kid! Should she be forgiven quickly? Well, probably, since she's sort of(?) dead, but I don't think she's all bad. And yeah, I really enjoyed how Pearl had her memories restored.]

On a different note, watching Zach play Dungeons and Dragons (The D&D series he's in is called Dark and Dicey, it's quite good) made me appreciate his voice acting even more, lol

her story hecking h u r t. with each episode we learn that pink is not a good person & i’m really glad we see that. rose matured after the war but i’m shocked at how different pink & rose are. spinel deserves better >:(

steg was a shock to me & idk how i feel about his design but he’s still super cool

FerralB0y0 wrote:
I want to join!
Username: Ferralb0y0 AKA Bobble
Favourite character: Garnet, Lapis, Peridot, Sardonyx, rainbow quartz 2.0, Blue Pearl
Favourite episode: The Answer, The Trial, Hit the Diamond, Barnmates
Other:
I'm... pretty into lapidot, My diamond is the ever so lustrous Blue Diamond, My birthstone is Garnet(i just think thats funny bc shes one of my faves)
Last edited by star star. on Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and the world makes sense behind a
chain-link fence. if i could leave,
i would've already left.

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
leaf/sage | adult | any pronouns | aroace
1x1 search

star star.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astraf » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:09 am

I want to join!
Username: oh yea mr. krabs
Favourite character: steveeen
Favourite episode: uhhhh does the movie count? if not then Change Your Mind
Other: Did anyone else notice that in both the last episode when steven was.. uh.. hugging himself, the animation looked smoother? It also looked kind of flat. I don't know how to explain it. But it was the same during the final boss fight in the movie.
And I do not like steg at all.
astra
SOUKOKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
astraf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby star star. » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:55 am

ACK my phone is dumb

welcome to the two new members!!!
    @mr krabs: the animation could’ve been different bc they may have had someone else do it. honestly tho i watch stuff to just like. enjoy it so idrc if the animation looks flat or not-

and the world makes sense behind a
chain-link fence. if i could leave,
i would've already left.

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
leaf/sage | adult | any pronouns | aroace
1x1 search

star star.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clemen » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:56 am

I want to join!
Username: sunscratch
Favourite character: amethyst !
Favourite episode: no certain one
Other:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color
[color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I ❤️ CAR SEAT HEADREST
clemen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SHARKGVTS » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:56 am

In Change Your Mind they actually did have another animator (James Baxter) do the hugging scene, and that's why it's so smooth. I think he did pencil tests with it which may be why it have seemed more flat but fluid- (You should be able to find the tests on youtube!)
[@oh yeah mr. krabs||@star star.]
May one day be active again but I just kinda pop in once in awhile

Temp icon until I get a new one lol
SHARKGVTS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eddie Ravenwood » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:10 am

DecafBunny wrote: I love spinel so much. Her whole character was wonderful and her backstory was sad. I still don’t hate pink though. I can understand why she did what she did. She was young, trying to seem more mature so that her family would take her seriously. Pink wasn’t perfect, in fact she was far from it. Anyway, moving on from that. Independent Together was my favorite part of the movie! Steg is a great fusion ; u ;
Oh! I also wanted to say, idk, I kinda am shipping bismuth and lapis 👀 They look cute together!
Jenfkunerf all in all the whole movie was great 💕💕💕

Yes!! That's the whole reason why I think Pink is still a good character. She did some pretty questionable stuff but it was mostly out of ignorance, or like you said, trying to seem more mature.
OH and honestly?? Now that you mentioned it, I really can see myself shipping Lapis and Bismuth, that really would be pretty cute!!
(Steg had me shooketh tho)
heya, name's Eddie. all pronouns, certified prettyboy. maybe just a bit too into Batman villains, but like, in an aro-ace way. here to chill since 2019. my m.o. is pretty much to pop in every couple months and post on some forum games, so if you see me around? hi 👋

💚my art💚💚cool playlist💚💚youtube💚💚artfight💚

Eddie Ravenwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eddie Ravenwood » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:20 am

Aurore wrote:I really wanted to see Sadie and the other teenaged characters visibly aged up slightly. xP Since Lars probably isn't gonna age anymore and I want to see that addressed...

But yeah the movie was fantastic. There was a lot I wanted to see that didn't happen (mild spoilers: more about New Homeworld, meeting some of the new immigrant gems, more new fusions - but they did a great job with Steg, etc), but you can't fit everything into an 80-minute runtime.

There were some plot holes (how did Spinel learn how to use Pink's injector, why did Earth not die when she completed the injection, etc), but I was overall impressed with how they handled the main conflict. Spoilers: That memory-erasing scythe was a GREAT thing to introduce. I had found it a little far-fetched that Homeworld gems seemingly always obeyed their roles - but I suppose they didn't, and that scythe is the solution for keeping them programmed. As for Spinel, her reason for villainy was both realistic and consistent with what we know of Pink's behavior. I've heard some people saying that her redemption was rushed, but I think that's just a consequence of having to introduce and resolve a villain in 80 minutes. I liked that she didn't immediately become good after Steven restored her memories. She still didn't trust him and made assumptions about his motives, and in the final fight she had to come to her own conclusions about why her anger wasn't doing any good.

And the animation looked great. The first fight was spectacular, and overall the movie looked a lot smoother and more consistent than the episodes.

Hoping the transparent text works on all devices/themes... xD

Yeah, I do like how Lars looks with longer hair though.. I mean, there's not a ton of stuff they could do to make him look a whole lot different.. I do hope some of this stuff gets addressed in season 6, cause obviously they can't put a lot of little explainations like that in one movie. I don't know if most people noticed this or if it's obvious, but I like how his hair got fluffier after his... character-altering event. But yeah, I thought the scythe was a really good plot device, and rebooted Pearl was both adorable and creepy.. Then again, so was Spinel, lol
heya, name's Eddie. all pronouns, certified prettyboy. maybe just a bit too into Batman villains, but like, in an aro-ace way. here to chill since 2019. my m.o. is pretty much to pop in every couple months and post on some forum games, so if you see me around? hi 👋

Eddie Ravenwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aurore » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:28 pm

I didn't like rebooted Spinel, I thought she was annoying. xD But I love her in her "corrupted" form. I guess it makes sense that she'd have a one-dimensional personality when she has no memories to shape her.

I love system/boot.pearl, the song is so fun to listen to and the scene was shocking. I could really imagine how scary it would be to see your friends/parent figures revert to their default programming.

I didn't know Zach plays D&D on a podcast, that's awesome. :0 I love D&D, I'll have to listen sometime...

Image join us
x
x

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 14 people.
I have received 12 gifts.
I have nuked 12 people.
I have received 9 nukes.
I have won 0 gift wars.
I have lost 0 gift wars.

x
x

[art shop]
Aurore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eddie Ravenwood » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:04 pm

Aurore wrote:I didn't like rebooted Spinel, I thought she was annoying. xD But I love her in her "corrupted" form. I guess it makes sense that she'd have a one-dimensional personality when she has no memories to shape her.

I love system/boot.pearl, the song is so fun to listen to and the scene was shocking. I could really imagine how scary it would be to see your friends/parent figures revert to their default programming.

I didn't know Zach plays D&D on a podcast, that's awesome. :0 I love D&D, I'll have to listen sometime...

Personally, I loved both versions of Spinel, I tend to find characters of the more bubbly and quirky type really adorable, but I also really love her other version. And I completely agree with the Pearl scene, I was extremely shooketh, lol.
Oh, and as for the D&D thing, I can pm you the link to the playlist if you want :3

Eddie Ravenwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me