Star Wars Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Clone Wars or Rebels?

Clone Wars (2008)
57%
Clone Wars (2003)
19%
Rebels
24%

Total votes : 140

Re: Star Wars Fanclub

Postby Amethyst The Gem » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Oh my gosh Wren, that was absolutely beautiful, and it only makes their reunion in Rebels that much more poignant. Beautiful little one-shot.
Amethyst The Gem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:40 pm

*Rolls into thread, staring at the roof*
So Clone Wars has killed my emotions I just watched my favourite clone die and didn't shed a tear. I did know it was coming but it was still a painful scene and urhg. Season 6 not pulling any punches and it's only the first arch.
I really dislike Palpatine fyi. Like. A lot.

Also speaking of Palpatine in my Wookiepedia rabbit hole exploration today I discovered his first name is 'Sheev." Sheev Palpatine. Not quite sure what to do with this information but I feel like i should have known it.

ALso thanks Amethyst! I had fun writing it though in hindsight I should have written Anakin to have called her 'Snips' that would have been better XD
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| ๐Ÿฆ| ๐Ÿบ | ๐Ÿ”ฌ | ๐ŸฆŠ |
โœŸ |

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brainiac5 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:11 am

Ah yes, good old Sheev Palpatine. I learned that from my Absolutely Everything you Need to Know about Star Wars book. It has a lot of great fun facts, like Togruta use their montral horn-things to echolocate.
Image ImageImage Image
Brainiac5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anza » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:25 pm

Username: Anza
    Favorite Episode: A New Hope...or The Force Awakens
    Favorite Character: Han Solo is bae
    Light or Dark: Dark
    Clone Wars or Rebels (and favorite character): Rebels & Ahsoka Tano
    Jedi, Sith or nuetral(if Jedi, what color lightsaber) Sith ay lmao
    Codeword: BB-8
costal cowgirl / law student / CS member since 2012
01/2022 UPDATE ---> I've chosen to leave the character community however,
I am keeping my closed species adopts as they mean quite a lot to me
I'm here now mostly for events
โœฎ โœฎ โœฎ
Anza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salsaverde » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:49 pm

I'd like to join!

Username: Zitrone
Favorite Episode: Original Trilogy (can't decide) but I also really love the storyline of the prequels, just not the specific elements. In my mind, I do not consider the Sequels to be canon. That's a whole 'nother rant.
Favorite Character: Anakin or Obi-Wan
Light or Dark: LIGHT, although I love the villains.
Clone Wars or Rebels (and favorite character): Both and I would have to say it's a tie between Ahsoka, Rex, and Ventress.
Jedi, Sith or nuetral(if Jedi, what color lightsaber) Neutral, and I would have to say either teal or light purple.
Codeword: BB-8

โŒœ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โŒ
[female] - [video games] - [film student]
[science fiction] - [history buff]
[cephalopods] - [Christian] - [dare to play]

โŒž โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โŒŸ

ImageImageImageImageImage

Katrina wrote:"May happiness find you and yours...
and remember that bad times
are just times that are bad."

๏ฝ‰๏ฝŽ ๏ฝ“๏ฝ๏ฝ๏ฝƒ๏ฝ… ๏ฝŽ๏ฝ ๏ฝ๏ฝŽ๏ฝ… ๏ฝƒ๏ฝ๏ฝŽ ๏ฝˆ๏ฝ…๏ฝ๏ฝ’
โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ ๏ฝ™๏ฝ๏ฝ• ๏ฝ“๏ฝƒ๏ฝ’๏ฝ…๏ฝ๏ฝ โ€. . .
Salsaverde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brainiac5 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:05 am

Hey, new people!
Zitrone, do you mean The Force Awakens and so on?
Image ImageImage Image
Brainiac5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salsaverde » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:18 pm

[Oliver*] wrote:Hey, new people!

Yes, I mean anything that falls after the events of ROTJ, so Rogue One I did like. I think it's not so much that they were bad movies (although I very much did not like TLJ), it's just that the whole main plot line of the original trilogy and the prequels, if it could be summed up into a sentence, was that Anakin was the Chosen One and would bring balance to the Force, in which he eventually did by killing the Emperor. The whole universe is saved once and for all, though not quite how everyone would have imagined.

BUT NO.....! Only a few years later and the whole universe is in shambles again. Like what was the point of all those movies and tv shows to only end up right back where we started. Now I know that in real life, there's always going to be new bad villains and regimes to follow, but this isn't reality, this is Star Wars. Every story needs an ending, whether it be happy or bittersweet. That's just how plot structures work. ROTJ, though flawed, neatly wrapped up a beloved trilogy like a story should. I just don't believe the sequels were necessary. The difference between the sequels and the prequels is that the latter explained points that had already happened in the Star Wars timeline. The sequels are making new stuff up. There eventually will be a last movie in the Star Wars universe. Once Disney has finally milked the franchise dry, they'll call it quits. I would have much rather enjoyed new movies/tv shows filling in gaps between previously made movies. The sequels have seemingly no direction.

I could go on and on about other specific elements of the sequels that I do not like, just as I could with the originals and prequels. But that is the gist of why I do not care for them. Although I do think that the plots of TFA and TLJ are pretty pointless anyways and the characters have little to no arcs.

โŒœ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โŒ

โŒž โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โŒŸ

โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ โ€ ๏ฝ™๏ฝ๏ฝ• ๏ฝ“๏ฝƒ๏ฝ’๏ฝ…๏ฝ๏ฝ โ€. . .
Salsaverde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Zitrone wrote:
[Oliver*] wrote:Hey, new people!

Yes, I mean anything that falls after the events of ROTJ, so Rogue One I did like. I think it's not so much that they were bad movies (although I very much did not like TLJ), it's just that the whole main plot line of the original trilogy and the prequels, if it could be summed up into a sentence, was that Anakin was the Chosen One and would bring balance to the Force, in which he eventually did by killing the Emperor. The whole universe is saved once and for all, though not quite how everyone would have imagined.

BUT NO.....! Only a few years later and the whole universe is in shambles again. Like what was the point of all those movies and tv shows to only end up right back where we started. Now I know that in real life, there's always going to be new bad villains and regimes to follow, but this isn't reality, this is Star Wars. Every story needs an ending, whether it be happy or bittersweet. That's just how plot structures work. ROTJ, though flawed, neatly wrapped up a beloved trilogy like a story should. I just don't believe the sequels were necessary. The difference between the sequels and the prequels is that the latter explained points that had already happened in the Star Wars timeline. The sequels are making new stuff up. There eventually will be a last movie in the Star Wars universe. Once Disney has finally milked the franchise dry, they'll call it quits. I would have much rather enjoyed new movies/tv shows filling in gaps between previously made movies. The sequels have seemingly no direction.

I could go on and on about other specific elements of the sequels that I do not like, just as I could with the originals and prequels. But that is the gist of why I do not care for them. Although I do think that the plots of TFA and TLJ are pretty pointless anyways and the characters have little to no arcs.

Honestly I agree with you a lot, and I'm not super into the sequels. But I gotta say that I don't think Anakin brought balance to the Force by killing Palpatine. I've always believed he brought balance to the force when he wiped out all the Jedi, leaving two Jedi (Yoda and Obi Wan) and two Sith (Palpatine and Vader), thus leaving both sides of the Force balanced.
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| ๐Ÿฆ| ๐Ÿบ | ๐Ÿ”ฌ | ๐ŸฆŠ |
โœŸ |

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salsaverde » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:28 am

I would maybe argue that Palpatine was the one who essentially killed almost all of the Jedi through his execution of Order 66 and that Anakin was only a tool to his plot. Also, many of the Jedi were killed by clones. I always saw it as Vader who eventually came to his senses because of Luke and finally brought balance by killing the last Sith after the last few Jedi (Obi-Wan & Yoda) had finally died. I think this was in a way foretold through the Mortis story arc of The Clone Wars. I can see your point though as well, and I'm not well versed enough in Star Wars lore to really have a definitive answer, but that was the way that I have always seen it.

Salsaverde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amethyst The Gem » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:56 pm

I second that
Amethyst The Gem