Breyer/Model Horse Fan Club v.2

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Breyer Model Horse Fan Club v.2

Postby Imagine Dragonfruits » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:21 am

RangerTheCowpony wrote:
- snippy snippy -

Imagine Dragonfruits wrote:
This will be my first BreyerFest as well and I'm really excited about it. Even if it's virtual. There's a lot of horses that I want to buy, but I won't have much money since I started saving in like, March, so I'm trying to decide which ones I absolutely want, lol. I've narrowed it down to Faugh a Ballaugh, Thorn, Oak, Brighid and Beltane, W.H. Topgun, and Lugh, though. :lol:

I'm not sure I'll be able to use my parents' Special Run tickets plus mine since it's online this year (they didn't have Breyer accounts associated with the emails they used for the 3-Day tickets), so I might have only my ticket I can use for Special Runs. I dunno, it's complicated and Breyer didn't help much. :?

But I'm happy to get a few ponies and experience BreyerFest, regardless!

It’s really so hard to choose which ones! Especially at your first BreyerFest, where you just honestly want them all XD

Breyer has been pretty great about this virtual thing, but the whole “you need an account” thing is a bit worrying. Have you emailed or called them? I hope the best for you, be sure to tell us which ones you end up buying!

I have emailed them, actually. But they gave me a rather vague and short response saying it's all email-based and that they can send me an invite link for my parents or something like that. I'm not too worried about it anymore since I don't want many of the Special Runs anyways. :lol: Also I'll definitely post here after BreyerFest and tell you what horses I got. :)
When everything, everything, everything you touch turns to GOLD.

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

#URCactusSupportSquad

Adult Chicken Smoothian - October 25th
Imagine Dragonfruits

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acronymm » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:33 am

i'm doing research on all my breyers, and finally was able to name the racehorse i was stumped on; Rachel Alexandra! is she rather valuable? i haven't seem many for sale, and those that i have seen for sale have been rather expensive.

about wrote:
hey there!
acro/lyn ▴ she/they
feel free to send me a message, im friendly!
████████████
████████████
━━━━━ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████

status wrote:
on
and off
doing oekaki things
xxxx♡ ♡

━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐚
acronymm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faentofheart » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:01 pm

acronymm wrote:
i'm doing research on all my breyers, and finally was able to name the racehorse i was stumped on; Rachel Alexandra! is she rather valuable? i haven't seem many for sale, and those that i have seen for sale have been rather expensive.

I didn’t know you were here! She seems to be selling at about 100 dollars via Aiden’s Toy Trove. They specialize in selling breyers, and are notorious for knowing how much things are worth. But it all depends on her condition, really, shiny marks, scuffs, and hairline scratches can really lower the price on an older model. I hope this helps <3
faentofheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeachyPie » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:05 pm

Oh my gosh I’m so glad I found this thread! Hi my names Peachy and I’m kinda a casual collector, I only have about 10 Breyers in my collection but I’d love to see it grow! Sadly the Breyers sold directly from the website are a bit too expensive for me to feel comfortable buying (yeah I have issues spending money... heh..) but I love to go around antique stores and search for old models. I can’t wait to meet everyone on this thread and share my love of Breyers c:
PeachyPie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acronymm » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:19 pm

RangerTheCowpony wrote:
acronymm wrote:

I didn’t know you were here! She seems to be selling at about 100 dollars via Aiden’s Toy Trove. They specialize in selling breyers, and are notorious for knowing how much things are worth. But it all depends on her condition, really, shiny marks, scuffs, and hairline scratches can really lower the price on an older model. I hope this helps <3

ahh yes! i am! i have so many breyer trads , stablemates, so, etc- i've got an obsession with model horses hehe ❤️😳

thank you for the help ranger, i appreciate it! i had a hard time finding much on her, so i'm assuming she's a rarer model for the prices she's going for xD <3

about wrote:
hey there!
acro/lyn ▴ she/they
feel free to send me a message, im friendly!
████████████
████████████
━━━━━ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████

status wrote:
on
and off
doing oekaki things
xxxx♡ ♡

━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐚
acronymm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberWolf » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:32 pm

@acronym - Aidens Toy Trove tends to price high (since their whole business is flipping horses), when looking at ebay's sold listings she seems to be going for more of a range of $60-80, lower end out of box. I sold a NIB one for $80 a couple of years or so ago c:

@PeachyPie - Welcome! Antique/thrift hunting for Breyers is super fun - you never know what you'll find and the deals can be super good!

@BreyerFest discussion - I am participating in the virtual event! I bought two 3-day tickets so I have a shot at 4 special runs. I am hoping for Oak, the mare & foal set, and two surprise horses - if not them, then Ash or Epona. I also got the 4 pack of single day SMs because they are all so cute! I am looking forward to seeing what the surprise horse is. Anyone have any guesses? I'm hoping for Idocus!
G.B.
"hi, i'm G.B., one of Ember's real life cats.
just so you know, Ember is just a site artist, she
can't help you with forum or game problems.
please submit a help ticket if you're
having issues!"
Rosie
"hey, i'm Ember's other cat, Rosie.
if you're wondering, her PM's are always
open if you have other questions or
just want to chat. she does not
take commissions anymore.
"

she/her | adult | full-time artist

i am mega busy these days, my time on CS is super limited. apologies if trades/pms/etc go unanswered - i just have other things that take precedence

>> free clearance pets <<
>> weekly giveaways <<
EmberWolf
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fallenleaf » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:44 am

Hey! I’m Fallenleaf and I stumbled across this thread. I am still learning about Breyer horses like the terms and other things. I own a few Breyer horses, I don’t have any pictures. My collection isn’t too big and Includes Secretariat (spirit of the horse) and Sam (spirit of a horse), An American pharaoh model, and a 2015 horse of the year, Liam, a strawberry roan quarter horse. I have some more, but those are just a few highlights. I am looking to possibly start collecting.

Also, does anyone know of any Grey Fleabitten Arabian models?
Fallenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeachyPie » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:49 am

Fallenleaf wrote:Hey! I’m Fallenleaf and I stumbled across this thread. I am still learning about Breyer horses like the terms and other things. I own a few Breyer horses, I don’t have any pictures. My collection isn’t too big and Includes Secretariat (spirit of the horse) and Sam (spirit of a horse), An American pharaoh model, and a 2015 horse of the year, Liam, a strawberry roan quarter horse. I have some more, but those are just a few highlights. I am looking to possibly start collecting.

Hi Fallenleaf! Ooh I’m jealous of your American Pharaoh model :O If your looking for a fleabitten Arabian I found one called “Breyer Sahara Fleabitten Grey Arabian”, although it doesn’t look very fleabitten to me but oh well maybe you’d like to check it out c:

Edit: I’ve also seen one called the “Proud Arabian Mare” model
PeachyPie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faentofheart » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:50 pm

Fallenleaf wrote:Hey! I’m Fallenleaf and I stumbled across this thread. I am still learning about Breyer horses like the terms and other things. I own a few Breyer horses, I don’t have any pictures. My collection isn’t too big and Includes Secretariat (spirit of the horse) and Sam (spirit of a horse), An American pharaoh model, and a 2015 horse of the year, Liam, a strawberry roan quarter horse. I have some more, but those are just a few highlights. I am looking to possibly start collecting.

Welcome! Glad to have you here <3 I absolutely love Liam 🥺

As for grey flea bitten Arabians, there’s a cheaper one on the khemosabi mold, called silent knight even though that mold low key gives me nightmares I found some for about 40 dollars without tack on eBay

There’s also a fleabitten grey in the Arabian horse of the world set, on the proud Arabian Mare mold

But if you’re going for really nice, there’s a horse named Gold Raven Valerie Kanavy's Endurance Champion. Only 500 were made, so yeah, super expensive.

Those are really just some of my personal favorites, but a great place to check is here. good luck <3
faentofheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilpupin » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:55 pm

Aah, how did I not know there was a breyer fan club!? I love breyers and they've been a huge part of my life ever since I was little, since my Mom gave me her to play with once I was old enough to learn that they were fragile. I've only just seriously began collecting around two years ago and have 101 models - 9 of which are dogs. I can't wait to hang out and talk about breyers!
Hello! You can call me lilpupin, lil, pupin, or whatever you please, really.
---Feel free to send me a PM if you need help with anything!

Field - TH - ArtFight - lambicorns

Christian ~ reader ~ drawer
Animal lover ~ Breyer Horse Collector
sister
abomonation
lilpupin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups