Breyer/Model Horse Fan Club v.2

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Breyer/Model Horse Fan Club v.2

Postby EmberWolf » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:20 am

The CS Breyer/Model Horse Fan Club v.2

For all things Breyer and all things Model Horse!

Introduction

This club is for anyone who wants to discuss model horses, including but not limited to Breyer Horses, Peter Stone Horses, artist resins, and other types of model horses. Here you can share your collection, new finds, discuss new models, old models, shows, customization of horses- anything model horse related! This time around we aren't requiring a form to be filled out, and there is no membership, just start posting!

Fan Club Rules

-Please keep on topic! Model horse discussion only.
-Remember that CS does not allow transactions involving money or exchanged address. If you and another member wish to sell/trade models to each other, please take discussion of it off - site and remember to be safe!
-While we realize some people like certain brands of models better, please do not start debates/arguments that one brand is better than the other. Let everyone decide what they like on their own!
-Enjoy the club!

Model Horse Lingo

There's some model horse terms people use from time to time, here's a helpful guide on some of those terms.

LSQ- Live Show Quality, a model with the quality to be shown in live model horse shows
PSQ- Photo Show Quality, a model with the quality to be shown in online picture shows, may not be good enough to be considered LSQ
OOAK- One Of A Kind, a model where only one of it exists
CM- Custom Made, a model that has been modified by an artist to be painted, re-sculpted, or otherwise changed to be custom and different from the original
Conga- A display of horses of the same mold standing next to each other, forming a 'conga' line
OF- Original Finish, the original factory produced finish of a model, not modified in any way
SR- Special Run, a model that was only made in limited quantities for a special event
AR - Artist Resin, a resin-cast sculpture made by a sculpting artist. Usually sold unpainted and then painted by a different artist
BF- Breyerfest, an annual convention held in July of every year for Breyer model horse enthusiasts
NAN- North American Nationals, the championship model horse show, horses must be "NAN qualified" with a "NAN card" to participate
NAMHSA - The North American Model Horse Shows Association, the overseeing show association for the United States and Canada. They run the NAN show.

If you have any suggestions for more terms please PM me (EmberWolf)!

Last edited by EmberWolf on Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EmberWolf
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Useful Resources

Postby EmberWolf » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:20 am

Useful Resources

The model horse hobby is vast - where do you start? Here is a collection of links that I have found to be useful resources for the hobby and everything you need to know about it.

BreyerHorses.com
This is the official Breyer website. It is always being updated with new models and blog posts about upcoming releases, events, exclusives, etc.

Identify Your Breyer
This website is an archive of every Breyer model ever released and information about the when, where, and whatnot. It is incredibly useful to figure out what you have in your collection or see what is new and upcoming.

Model Horse Sales Pages
Also known as MH$P, this is a classifieds website for selling all things model horse. This is one of the main buy-sell-trade websites for the hobby and you can find a large variety of secondhand models, new releases, and the like here.

Resin Horse Editions
If you want to get into artist resins, this is a fantastic website to find not only most every resin ever produced in the hobby, but also keep up-to-date with new releases on their socials.

Model Horse Go-N-Show
If you want to get into model horse live shows, this website keeps a list and calendar of upcoming shows and their location (mostly in the US). It also has photo show information.

OMHPS
If you can't get to live shows or there aren't any near you but you want to dabble in showing, or you just enjoy taking photos of your models, OMHPS, or Online Model Horse Photo Shows, is a great place to show models online and keep a catalog of your collection.

Last edited by EmberWolf on Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:57 pm, edited 13 times in total.
EmberWolf
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Extra Save

Postby EmberWolf » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:21 am

Saving just in case!
Last edited by EmberWolf on Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
EmberWolf
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Breyer Model Horse Fan Club v.2

Postby EmberWolf » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:31 am

Just going to start off conversation here, have you guys seen the new Valegro mold? It is goooorgeous! I can't wait until its available in the US!
I need to get my hands on this guy asap, I am loving how detailed Breyer models are getting.
G.B.
"hi, i'm G.B., one of Ember's real life cats.
just so you know, Ember is just a site artist, she
can't help you with forum or game problems.
please submit a help ticket if you're
having issues!"
Rosie
"hey, i'm Ember's other cat, Rosie.
if you're wondering, her PM's are always
open if you have other questions or
just want to chat. she does not
take commissions anymore.
"

she/her | adult | full-time artist

i am mega busy these days, my time on CS is super limited. apologies if trades/pms/etc go unanswered - i just have other things that take precedence

>> free clearance pets <<
>> weekly giveaways <<
EmberWolf
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kagome963 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:03 am

Found this guy for my youngest sister. I was investigating a store called Tuesday Morning and found him. $20 was his price and he was the last Breyer they had till their next truck. I sent a picture of him to my sister and she flipped. Needless to say I made a teenager very happy last night. I managed to get him for $17.31 due to him being 20% off via clearance.
Attachments
20151017_175947.jpg
20151017_175947.jpg (137.89 KiB) Viewed 1709 times
┌────────┘♥└────────┐
Female ♡ Adult
Nightmare ♡ Married
Proud Mother
She/Her Pronouns
└────────┐♥┌────────┘
┌─────┘♥└─────┐
Fursonas
D&D Characters
Lunar Ranch
Sales Barn
Art (C)
└─────┐♥┌─────┘

Kagome963

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmberWolf » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:18 am

Pretty! I think that guy just got put on the discontinued list, right? Great price too! I used to check Tuesday Mornings for Breyers, I would find a couple now and then. Tuesday Morning is a fun store, never know what you'll find and it's always pretty cheap.
G.B.
"hi, i'm G.B., one of Ember's real life cats.
just so you know, Ember is just a site artist, she
can't help you with forum or game problems.
please submit a help ticket if you're
having issues!"
Rosie
"hey, i'm Ember's other cat, Rosie.
if you're wondering, her PM's are always
open if you have other questions or
just want to chat. she does not
take commissions anymore.
"

she/her | adult | full-time artist

i am mega busy these days, my time on CS is super limited. apologies if trades/pms/etc go unanswered - i just have other things that take precedence

>> free clearance pets <<
>> weekly giveaways <<
EmberWolf
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the fragile » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:10 am

I started collecting Breyers when I was about 10. I hardly ever buy them anymore because I have to pay my own bills now, but I still grab one or two occasionally. I have over 100 Traditional models and I don't even know how many classics and stablemates.

It did make me really happy because my mom got me Big Chex To Cash for my birthday a few months back. He's one of my favorite models.
the fragile

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peter parker. » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:30 am

Marking c:

Love the new thread!! ^^
peter parker.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bella. » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:55 am

@EmberWolf - Ahhh that Valegro mold is gorgeous, the pose is just perfect <3
@Cuore - What a find! Wish I lived in the US, there seem to be a few great places to get some cheaper Breyers, only place I can find them here in Australia is in tack stores, traditionals selling for minimum $60...
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
-•-○-✿-❀-✿-❀-✿-○-•-

┌────────────────────┐
aquarius • she/her • infj
├────────────────────┤
𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝙲𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐-𝚒𝚏𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

├────────────────────┤
My goal on CS is to collect
all of the pets. I'm at
97.6%
at the moment!
└────────────────────┘

-•-○-✿-❀-✿-❀-✿-○-•-
Bella.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strays » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:11 am

Hey! ^-^ I haven't posted here in a while, but I need a little advice. I have a OF LSQ glossy Heartland High Tech, complete with box (But not in the box) and certificate of authenticity. There were only 26 made, I believe. I don't really feel that I can handle the responsibility of keeping a model that rare in mint condition, so I'm looking to sell him. How much would be reasonable?
strays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me