✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | ✿

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Will You Be Getting the USUM Trainer Dual Pack?

The what now?
53%
No, too expensive!
35%
Yes 8D
11%

Total votes : 238

Re: ✿ | The Pokémon Club | V.5 | ✿

Postby Faybell » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:59 am

I can't play go long enough to do the quests. My SO doesn't play anymore and I can't drive due to a visual impairment, blerg. =_=

Not that it matters since you can't transfer mew to let's go unless you get the pokeball controller... I hope they change that in the future. I'm getting mew because the controller comes with the switch but I bet a lot of kids will be disappointed.

Oh idk if you guys heard but there is already an event announced for let's go. If you go to a Pokémon center (in Japan) during your birthday month and show proof it is (ID/passport/etc.) and that you own let's go they give you a code to receive a chancey. Idk why they don't just send it to your Pokémon account so everyone and not just japan could get it.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember1989 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:52 am

Yeah my mom can’t get the Mew or Celebi quest done. Which is sad. We share her phone. And moms like how do we do raids? I looked at a place saw the egg hatch, mewtwo comes out and I swear cause our Pokémon aren’t strong enough to beat it...So I’m hoping Let’s Go has tons of events.
Ember1989

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight Tails » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:11 pm

I can't do raids either...
Not cause I'm too busy tho, it's cause I'm too antisocial/have no friends
Raids are near impossible to beat, even the lowest grade ones are super difficult, if you're on your own.
You NEED to be in a group (and the pokemon you get aren't even that high a CP either after you catch them/beat them)
I've been unable to catch any legendaries due to that, just the rewards for the side quests ones if I manage to get those done.
....The amount of raids I have to just, ignore because there's no point without 4 others, or at least 2 others (if they're high leveled and also have many over 2k CP pokemon then you MIGHT be able to beat level three raids if you're lucky (aka a LOT of healing items) no chance for anything higher tho so no mewtwo for you) there with you...

Which I really dislike about pokemon go really, made me reduce my play time a lot, because what's the point when you can't catch a significant number of the pokedex? Noone walks around everyday as a big enough group to actually handle raids...
It's quantity over quality :/

I love the quests tho personally! But I can see why people might not be a fan
Midnight Tails

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:48 pm

Oh yeah raids are completely out of the question. I can pretty much only do the monthly pokestop quests as far as events go. I didn't know about them until recently though so I only have entei and suicune. >_<

Edit:

Also here is the pikachu I caught tonight lol (He didn't like wearing the hood over his head so I didn't force him):

Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MunchiiMoon » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:26 pm

Dark Octoling wrote:Hawthorn is a type of tree

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crataegus

Ah okay when I googled it I just saw a bush with white flowers

What are you going to name the cities?
MunchiiMoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:43 pm

^ what's what? /confused

If you're referring to geowlett and dark's discussion, I think they are creating a region for Pokémon role play.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:52 pm

Yeah, I'm making a region, but I haven't thought of names for towns yet. What I was asking for help with was deciding what I could use to replace Gyms and Trials
Check out my forum game
SCP-261
The Pan-Dimensional
Vending Machine

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
text text text text text text text
click images for credits
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Midnight Tails » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:57 pm

Yeah same rwby rose! I only have Raikou and Suicune.
I just really wish there was a way to do raids without involving bunches of people, like a way to use npc trainers or something?
Or the pokemon you defeat at gyms can assist you? Idk whatever would work but it'd be nice ;-;

@Dark Could do something like contests? Or maybe do something more ranger related? I had fun once with a water based/water town where everyone in the rp had a main water type and each place had different water races (like the one in the Latios and Latias movie I believe it was in?) so maybe some sort of unique race system? Like one for rhyhorns/field/distance, one for jumping/cross country, a water based one, air based etc? And to win you need to have high trust with your pokemon and can use moves to hinder opponents?
I'd recommend using a random generator for who wins to make it fair/not fought over if you do something like that.
Could also make it police/crime related, all the people involved end up rookie detectives, or trainers helping out on cases or something, like each town has a new mystery to solve? Sometimes could be innocent like a Haunter messing with people?
Can't think of any other replacements, hope this helps, or helps with inspiration at least! :)

Also anyone know how to throw nice curveballs? I've never really done curveballs so I'm a bit lost.
Midnight Tails

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:29 pm

I only do the 1/2* Raids if I’m not with siblings/there’s a decent group at a higher level one already, so the only Legends I have are from the stamp cards. Even as someone with social anxiety, just take a moment to check the difficulty, how long’s left in the Raid, how many people are in the lobby, and estimate whether it’s “better” to get right on the edge of the circle, or if it’s a place where a lot of people would be sitting down anyway (I.e. lots of benches), then it’s easy to get closer and still be fairly inconspicuous. Or duck into a nearby store, or bathroom, or something. Sure, yesterday one person did notice me, but all there was was “Pokemon?” “Yeah” “Want to be friends to get more gifts?” “Sure”
For the “Participate in x Raids” (like the one in the Mew questline), it seems you only need to “use” the Pass, regardless of whether you beat the Raid or not, so I sometimes just burn the Pass for the credit towards those sorts of missions. Maybe they’ll do more to help those in areas where people can’t attend the Raids as easily (there’s a couple gyms I’ve seen that are a ~bit~ out of the way, but no idea if they get Raids), but I think as it’s supposed to be the more social part of the game, I can’t see it changing any time soon. I’m not bothered with the Pokédex though, so not being able to do many Raids doesn’t bother me all that much, I’ve got the main games for my complete Dex fix.

Mew for LG doesn’t bother me too much, I’m getting the PB+ anyway so I’m sorted there, is just that I’m so close to the end of the questline that it almost seems silly to give up (though, those Magikarp Candies...)

Curveballs just need a little practice, I think? I can barely get normal throws going straight, so I rely on curveballs. Find whether spinning clockwise or anti-clockwise is more comfortable for you, then try throwing at a 45 degree angle to the direction opposite how you span (exact angle differs depending on whether the Pokemon is on the ground, in the air, how high it is)... is just say experiment and see what works best for you. Some Pokemon are just pains anyway, so easier to practice on something that’s decent sized and sits on the ground.

Also, from the Smash Direct

EDIT - And Treehouse Live is just doing their Pokemon segment - they did some Mt. Moon stuff, including the fossil bit and the TR battle, and then Celadon City, mostly checking out the Department Store, customisation, a little bit of stuff with natures/Eevee's exclusive moves and a gym battle, and then onto Go Park and the minigame there.
Last edited by bisylizzie on Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ember1989 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:21 am

I’m getting smash ultimate for Christmas so yay if incineroar is in it. Yeah I’m getting the PB plus too.
Ember1989

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me