❀ || Plant Lovers

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ❀ || Plant Lovers

Postby JK341 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:28 am

Alrighty, i've got this big guy moved into a bigger container and then I set it outside for the summer a month or so ago and man has it really been loving it, I have noticed lots of new growth

Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby solynne » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:00 pm

hello! kind of lowkey looking for advice
    so i'm moving into a dorm in two months, and i was thinking about having a little herb garden. just like, lavender and basil. would those be difficult to keep alive on a windowsill? anyone have experience with a dormroom garden?
i am a holibomber!
i have gifted 33 people
i have received 8 gifts

space nonbinary
they / them
entp / adult
nerevarine / prince of space
hmu if u wanna do a 1x1 or something
solynne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prisms. » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:13 am

poindexter wrote:
    hello! kind of lowkey looking for advice
    so i'm moving into a dorm in two months, and i was thinking about having a little herb garden. just like, lavender and basil. would those be difficult to keep alive on a windowsill? anyone have experience with a dormroom garden?

I currently am growing herbs, and I do have basil too! I have had them on a windowsill for a bit and they were doing fine! As for lavender, I'm not sure. You can also look up tips on how to take care of herbs if you wish.

Other replies:

@J-and-K341

I'm glad you found the perfect spot for your plant! It can be tricky sometimes to find a perfect spot.

@Kou.
Good to know! Hopefully they grow well.

@Jodjo
Congrats on your cactus growing a flower crown and getting a new plant from your teacher! I also want to take care of more plants now that it's summer for me too.
Quitting cs, wont be v active here,
Carrd has places to find me I guess

toyhouse
prisms.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:24 am

howdy y'all, long time no... read? i hope everyone's plants are doing well! ♥️

i've recently become a parent to a bunch of new plants ;w; it's a little stressful because i'm worried about killing plants but my room is slowly becoming the jungle i want it to be! i have 38 species of plants, and including repeats of some species, 50 plants! which sounds like a lot but truthfully a lot of them are quite small!

this last week has been a very good week for collecting my dream plants! i got a fiddle leaf fig (its a bit over 4 feet tall, I estimate) for £11, a free ctenanthe setosa (it's very tall!!!), an oxalis regnellii and a little baby stromanthe sanguinea triostar for £4, they're both so pretty, and I'm really excited to watch them grow!

have any of you achieved any of your dream plants?
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:48 am

horrible bear bear wrote:wow! 50 plants! that sounds amazing ;0

have you achieved any of you dream plants?
nope, sadly. but i am working on propagating my succulent and golden pothos, and i've acquired an beautiful ardisia of some sort! it's green colour is honestly stunning.

haha for sure! (but i'm not gonna just stop at 50! >:3c)

wow!! i love golden pothos! they're on my plant wishlist!! & i've never heard of ardisia before, they're pretty! :3
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prisms. » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:03 am

lesbian wrote:
      howdy y'all, long time no... read? i hope everyone's plants are doing well! ♥️

i've recently become a parent to a bunch of new plants ;w; it's a little stressful because i'm worried about killing plants but my room is slowly becoming the jungle i want it to be! i have 38 species of plants, and including repeats of some species, 50 plants! which sounds like a lot but truthfully a lot of them are quite small!

this last week has been a very good week for collecting my dream plants! i got a fiddle leaf fig (its a bit over 4 feet tall, I estimate) for £11, a free ctenanthe setosa (it's very tall!!!), an oxalis regnellii and a little baby stromanthe sanguinea triostar for £4, they're both so pretty, and I'm really excited to watch them grow!

have any of you achieved any of your dream plants?

Hello, and yeah, it's been a while! Congrats on the new plants! I'm glad you are growing your collection!

I've also got some new plants since I last replied here. I've got 3 new succulents, one which came in a coffee-mug shaped pot! I also got a new shelf for my plants and moved some of them around! I'm still looking to get a monstera, spider plant or a pothos perhaps..
Sadly, a few of my herbs died, however there are two that are still doing well, I just hoped I knew what to do to help them.

Other replies:

@horrible bear bear

Congrats on getting the ardisia! I hope you get your dream plants soon!
Quitting cs, wont be v active here,
Carrd has places to find me I guess

toyhouse
prisms.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:31 pm

Glad to see this thread alive again! ^^

@lesbian: Holy mackerel, 50 plants? That in itself is such a dream for me, ahaha! I'm kind of too limited on space for that! xD

Well my big ol' norfolk island pine has gained quite a bit of height on it since setting it outside in spring! Now it's time to bring it in for the year to protect it from the coming cold weather. Man i'm just itching to decorate this thing for the holiday season now, heh! I had really underestimated just how much it had grown until i actually got it moved back into my room! x)

Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WoofyWolfz » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:59 am

Username: WoofyWolfz
Nickname{s}: woofy! "^^"
Favourite plant: every plant, but lets say bonsai, succulents, split-leaf philodendron uwu
i love plants
WoofyWolfz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -------------- » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:10 am

Username: BayoDino
Nickname{s}: Bayo
Favourite plant: every kind of flowering plants. Trees. Carnivore plants! Cactuses and cat tails.
i love plants
--------------

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:51 am

@galaxymouse
        thank you very much, i hope my collection will continue to grow! i'm sorry about your plants that didn't make it but it's all part of the process, but i'm glad to hear your other plants are doing well! ^v^ ah that mug shaped pot sounds so cute, i love pots that are unique!!! i hope you're able to get the plants you wanna get!!

@J-and-K341
        haha, i guess its probably because i'm around them all the time, but 50 feels like a lot less than it sounds! (all my plants are in one room, and it's a pretty small room!) oh gosh, your norfolk pine is so beautiful! it sounds like it really enjoyed being outside haha!

@WoofyWolfz
        welcome woofy! :3 you've got some good faves haha, i love split-leaf philodendrons/monsteras too, they're so pretty!

@BayoDino
        welcome bayo! ^v^ i have a big soft spot for carnivorous plants too! i have a sarracenia (pitcher plant) that lives outside in my dad's pond and i just love watching them do their stuff!! (don't forget to give love to the plants that don't flower, ferns are cute too!! :p )
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items