CSCC - Chicken Smoothie Cosplay Club!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

ADVICE NEEDED!

Postby Lamia Raven » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:07 am

I'm in a bit of a dilemma -- I wanna do a mashup cosplay, but have no idea who to combine Zoe Hanji with. I was considering Graverobber from Repo!, then the Winter Soldier, then just doing a cyberpunk version. Any advice?

images.jpeg
images.jpeg (18.29 KiB) Viewed 107 times
Last edited by Lamia Raven on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ARO+ACE+DEMIBOY
Lamia Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ADVICE NEEDED!!

Postby Lamia Raven » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:12 am

The cyberpunk idea came from this awesome fanart (not drawn by me, found on Google Images (IT'S JUST A REFERENCE, MODS, I'M NOT CLAIMING IT AS MINE)).

images (2).jpeg
images (2).jpeg (48.66 KiB) Viewed 103 times
ARO+ACE+DEMIBOY
Lamia Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CSCC - Chicken Smoothie Cosplay Club!

Postby Wild Mothman » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:07 pm

Looks like frozen has broken my string of love live cosplans

ie I saw frozen 2 and one of Anna's outfits made me go

Oh no. Must cosplay
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lamia Raven » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:08 pm

I've decided to do a Cyberpunk Zoe Hanji. Now to design that... :)
ARO+ACE+DEMIBOY
Lamia Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dress Decision

Postby Lamia Raven » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:15 pm

So I wanna do a genderbend version of Oberon from Magus Bride, and I'm having trouble deciding on a dress. Do I go for a simpler one, or one that's more Celtic and like Titania's (the Fairy Queen from Magus Bride)?
ARO+ACE+DEMIBOY
Lamia Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lamia Raven » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:38 am

I don't if this counts, but here I go. I've been working on a costume for a con, and I don't like it. The pieces all look good separately, some pieces can be used as regular clothes, but I don't like how all the pieces look together. Should I abandon the costume, salvage the regular pieces, and toss the rest? And there's another costume that I've barely started, but I can't figure out pieces for it, and there's no demand for the character.
TL;DR
Should I scrap a cosplay I personally find cringy, and store the pieces of another for another time?
ARO+ACE+DEMIBOY
Lamia Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:13 pm

I have a con this weekend and I am so excited to finally get to do my dream cosplay! Rapunzel! She is easily a favorite Disney princess of mine and I have always felt that I have so much in common with her. I love to paint and dream, I have long blonde hair and green eyes, and I actually have a chameleon. Her free spirit and love to be barefoot just has always meant so much to me. I am also super happy that my boyfriend will be cosplaying Flynn Rider. I love it when we get to do couple cosplay.
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lamia Raven » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:18 pm

Lamia Raven wrote:I don't if this counts, but here I go. I've been working on a costume for a con, and I don't like it. The pieces all look good separately, some pieces can be used as regular clothes, but I don't like how all the pieces look together. Should I abandon the costume, salvage the regular pieces, and toss the rest? And there's another costume that I've barely started, but I can't figure out pieces for it, and there's no demand for the character.
TL;DR
Should I scrap a cosplay I personally find cringy, and store the pieces of another for another time?

Addition: Any advice would be great!
ARO+ACE+DEMIBOY
Lamia Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skyline » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:29 pm

Lamia Raven wrote:
Lamia Raven wrote:I don't if this counts, but here I go. I've been working on a costume for a con, and I don't like it. The pieces all look good separately, some pieces can be used as regular clothes, but I don't like how all the pieces look together. Should I abandon the costume, salvage the regular pieces, and toss the rest? And there's another costume that I've barely started, but I can't figure out pieces for it, and there's no demand for the character.
TL;DR

Addition: Any advice would be great!

if you're not gonna feel comfortable in it, it's best to just scrap it and save the pieces for something else. the purpose of cosplaying is just to have fun, so it's not worth putting more money into something you won't enjoy wearing. but anyways, even if the character isn't very popular, but you know you'll enjoy wearing it, go for it. it's something i've done a few times. it's especially nice if you don't like all the attention, i've been in both positions though and don't mind either personally. my best advice is to just stick with working on something you'll be both proud of and happy wearing around for those few hours.
skyline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby makoto niijima » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:39 am

i'm going to a con soon (woohoo!) and am just wondering (since i plan on starting a new cosplay as soon as i get back) if there's any place to get sheets of eva foam and worbla for cheap- if any of you know (i'm in canada) online shops that you find reliable that would be great! my favourite shop shut down about a month ago so i'm seriously in need of some more stuff hehe

-- any help is appreciated since every other shop i've seen is super costly!
makoto niijima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me