|| Shingeki no Kyojin [Attack on Titan] Official Fan Club

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Which is your favourite opening so far?

Guren no Yumiya [OP1]
58%
Jiyuu no Tsubasa [OP2]
11%
I like both equally.
31%

Total votes : 574

Re: || Shingeki no Kyojin [Attack on Titan] Official Fan Clu

Postby Small Bun » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:26 am

I have just finished this...

Happy Hange floats by...

xyoux havex tox dox the

©
OF
WHAT
PEOPLE
EXPECT

──────────────────── ────────────────────
x
Hello! The name's Leslly~
(She/Her)
Feel Free to PM or Trade with me!
No really, I love talking to people.
So don't feel shy around me. 💙

/ /

─────

HOW ELSE
WILL YOU
SURPRISE THEM?
Small Bun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AirAngel » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:33 am

Thank you, Trice! That's actually really helpful, even to me and I've been playing for a while 8D

By the way, I broke my damage record twice yesterday, and my new record is 1399. Yisssss :D I also got 54 kills with no deaths, and got to 100 with only two deaths. As Mikasa, and I rarely use her o_o
AirAngel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:34 am

*still squealing over pic*

After seeing that I am now convinced that Hanji could spend hours playing with bubbles.
    Don't even try to tell me she wouldn't go around annoying the heck out of people by blowing bubbles in their face.
    And pout when anyone pops the ones floating around.
    At least they are clean, much to the relief of Levi. Still, Hanji's attempts to market them as an " effective cleaning tool" appear to have failed.

The Hanji of happiness gives me many adorable mental images.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainfall; » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:42 pm

Hanji + bubbles = Hanji trying to do some kind of experiment on titans with the bubbles.
rainfall;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Small Bun » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:44 pm

the random fangirl wrote:Hanji + bubbles = Hanji trying to do some kind of experiment on titans with the bubbles.

More likely Titan Bubbles... Just to replace her last two subjects. *sniffles*
xyoux havex tox dox the

©
OF
WHAT
PEOPLE
EXPECT

──────────────────── ────────────────────
x
Hello! The name's Leslly~
(She/Her)
Feel Free to PM or Trade with me!
No really, I love talking to people.
So don't feel shy around me. 💙

/ /

─────

HOW ELSE
WILL YOU
SURPRISE THEM?
Small Bun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goostarion » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Part 2 – Intermediate tutorial

This second part of the tutorial is going to talk about titans, titan’s in general, basic ways to get rid of them and the damage calculator. By now, you should be aware of how the game works, or at least vaguely how it works. This is how to kill a titan for dummies.

Best start with what the bloody hell is a titan.
    Well, it’s this.
    This
    And this

It’s smiling now, but damn, they can be horribly annoying.
    Your job is to kill them, simple right? No. There are four ‘species’ of these recognized in the game. But before getting to know the titans, you should get to know the sizes and their different abilities with their different sizes.

(15 meter compared to a 3 meter)

3-4 Meter class:

This class of titan is the smallest of them all, it's often these kind of titans that remain in the end of a map, because they are harder to find, and are better at hidning, because of their size. The problem with this size of titan is that it are able to get anywhere almost, through almost any street, or opening because of their size.
    Strengths: Better at Hiding, Pose a great threat when lurking (Crawlers), Smaller hitboxes, No ‘safe zones’ (Explained below) and have better reaction time.
    Weaknesses: Easiest to kill for those who use the ground to attack, Easiest to kill with use of the “Equator cut” Technique, attacks do not have as much range so they can’t get to you as quickly and they are very slow walking, because of their size.

(3-4 meter)

6-7 Meter class:
    The middle sized titan of the game. It is the best titan size to learn how to kill them. They are slower moving compared to the 3-4 meter titans.
    Strengths: Still able to hide well, and it has a bigger hitbox, so it might appear and you have no chance to run.
    Weaknesses: Can still be killed from the ground, and easiest to kill with most techniques.

(6-7 Meter Abnormal)

10-12 Meter Class:

The pain in the ass but okay size titan. Since it is big, there is a chance it could get stuck in the alleyways of City maps. Apart from that, they are slow and best choice to get some damage.
    Strengths: Large hitbox, it can attack you from 20 meters away and might get you.
    Weaknesses: Larger nape. Cannot hide. Cannot lurk and attack suddenly. Safe zone is there

(10 – 12 meter)

15 Meter Class
    The biggest class in the game. It is the best titan for damage, but the worst titan to get to fight on an open field if you do not know what you are doing.
    Strengths: Humongous hitboxes to the point of glitching, Crawler is the hardest to kill since its mouth is so big, if it is anywhere near you, it will eat you up no problem.
    Weaknesses: Easy to spot, biggest nape in the game, very slow and often are sluggish.
    (15 meter Abnormal. The bridge is approximately 10 meters tall.)

Now we got that out of the way, let’s see what species of titan there are.

Normal Titan.
    Your everyday looking titan. Looks harmless right? I mean, they look like overweight chubby pixelated babies. They are so cute and everything- no. They are going to kill you, one way or another. It is a little bit bigger than you too. And by a little, that can be from 1.5 meters to an insane 13.5 meters taller than you.
    They are the most common titan on the field and the easiest to kill, however don’t let that statistic fool you, it can still kill you with ease. However, these titans are only going to make an appearance on the Normal and Hard Difficulties.

Instincts:
    - They are seen in groups of 2 – 3 at the beginning of the session (For City, Forest and Outside The Walls Only) until they begin to bunch up. I will explain the concepts of dealing with this problem in advanced tutorial.
    - They have a spot range of 100 -110 meters. This mean it can see you coming from that far away. However, it needs to be facing you in order to see you.
    - Can lose sight of the player if the player the easiest, however in my record; they can still pinpoint where you are up to 600 meters away. Once they have lost sight of the player, they stand there, docile and not moving. Once a player approaches them (Could be a different player) They will come to life spontaneously and march again towards you.

So they are pretty terrifying. So what can it do? Kill you. And this is a list of the ways it can do that.

Double Axe Ground Pound
    The titan uses both arms and slams them into the ground, flattening anything within range and shooting people away if they are not killed by the impact, but the kick up of force and debris.
    Disco Punch. (No literally, if you look at the titan from the side while he is doing this attack, it looks like he's grooving out)
    This ability allows the titan to throw two simultaneous fists (OR swats) at the air, and finishes with a double axe ground pound (It should also be noted I am a fan of wrestling)
    Grabs.
    It can grab you in 7 different ways. Grab you on the floor (In front, behind, left and right; Left and right Shoulder, and on the top of it’s head.) Once it grabs you, it will eat you. The only way to get out of this is if the Titan is killed before you die, or you are Horseface and you use your special.
    Bites.
    If you are on the titans left or right shoulder, or in front of it’s face, it might resort to just biting you there and then. The only way to avoid being eaten is to Gas Boost away from there.
    Slaps.
    It can slap it’s own face and it’s nape to get rid of you. If you are slapped, you are dead.
    Stomps.
    It can stomp the ground to get rid of you. This is it’s most useless method of killing since the stomp doesn’t do as much damage as any of it’s other moves. Yes, it can kill you, but you need to be in that close, you are licking it’s foot for it to kill you.

The only place they cannot kill you is a place called the safezone, which is on it’s chest. There is no way for it to grab you (If it is a bigger titan, if it is smaller, yes it can grab you)

Aberrants.
    You know, these guys.
    (They watch you sleep)
    They are less commonly seen than the Normal Titans, but boy they are a pain in the ass to take care of. And they are more dangerous. Their moves are faster and more fluid, and they run. I kid you not. They run and they run very fast. You cannot outrun them on foot, so you need to utilize the 3DMG. They have the same moves as the Normal titan (Bar the Swat and double axe combo, but you can get them to do this if you slash their eyes out. More on this at 11) except they can kick players who are too close and, the worst part of all, belly flop onto you. And the Bellyflop doesn’t just kill those close around it on the ground, but also in mid air.

Jumpers.
    An aberrant that has been given a job. A very prestige job, and it is a job I hate. It’s job is to kill all of those who can fly with the 3DMG. How does it do that, by leaping into the air, calculating where you will be, and then eating you like a frogs tongue catching a fly. Go anywhere near it’s tongue and you will die. Not only that, their ability changes between difficulties too. Normal Jumpers are accurate to 200 meters of pinpointing a jump, Hard Jumpers are accurate to 300 or so meters, and jumpers on Adnormal can get you from the air at 500 meters in the air. It will jump when it needs to tilt its head to see you, and it will get you unless you change direction or it hits an object.

Crawlers.
    Yes, babies.
    They are cute and they are gorgeous.
    Not these guys, these guys are the opposite.
    They are fast, they can jump like a Jumper, and are more accurate too, and it can see you from 400 meters away, before you can see it. (Even through buildings.) The smaller the crawler is, the bigger your problem will be, and there are several reasons why this is. Smaller titans can climb angled walls in order to get to you. Smaller titans have a smaller hit box so you will need to dig deep to kill it. Smaller titans are slower than the bigger titans, however they are also the most menacing titans since they are more prone to jump. And it doesn’t help that Crawlers are Horizontal and that their napes are hard to get to.

Okay, what’s a nape.
    Go and watched Attack on Titan, and then come back to me.
    How you can kill a titan on this game and their weakspots. Titans have two weakspots (Cept the crawler, it only has one). Behind the head, closer to the neck, is the nape. That is the part you need to get to and slash in order to kill a titan. You don’t need to get it deep, just slashing your blades on it will be enough. The only issue is to get there and that I will explain in advanced. It should also be noted that the second weakspot is the titans eyes, slash them to blind the titan momentarily, until they have a fit of rage and punch out in front of them.
    Image reference just in case we don't know Titan Anatomy)

So. Those are the titans and that is their weakspot. Alright, what is the best method of killing them?
    Bias speaking, it is better to keep off the ground than to stay on it. It works a lot better in your favour since the napes of 90% of titans are not close to the ground and it is easier to fly around to strike where necessary. However there are a few different ways one can get to the nape.

The Underpass.

The method I do not recommend.
    This method is done by hooking both knees, sliding though the legs of the titan, turning the camera around, and then hooking the titans back, uses the momentum to swing up and then slash the nape. This is definitely not recommended to do, but worth mentioning because you would most likely die doing it and maybe look like an ass.
    This is a dishonourable mentioned tactic.

Death From above (A implicated version of the Falcon Strike.)
    This method I have seen some of you do. The idea of how to do it is pretty simple, I could never really do it well. To execute it, hook one or both of your blades to the chin of the titan, or the forehead (This depends on the angle and speed and such, I will explain that in Game Mechanics in Advanced.) swing over the head and then slash the titan’s nape once you either land on it or you are close to it.
    Difficulty 1/5
    Max Damage: I’ve seen it go for more than 1200 done properly.
    Tutorial

Shock Strike
    I use this a lot when chaining together moves and don’t reel properly. This method uses an aerial attack in order to kill the titan. This was also the first method I taught myself to get to kill a titan, and at the time it was called ‘The swing’. In order to execute it, you need to be moving towards the target, then you single hook the titan’s neck, and you push yourself to go around the titan. Once you are behind it, then you slash the nape. If you are not close to the nape, use your second hook to hook the nape then go in and slash it. This method proves useful to rely on one hook, not two.
    Difficulty: 2/5 (Titans can turn in on you)
    Max Damage: I’ve managed to get over 1k on this, though the average would be 600 at best.
    Tutorial

Back Attack
    90% of everyone uses this one way or another. You skittle past a titan so you behind it, hook the upper back and then strike the nape. (Or with smaller titans hook the nape or back of head, I will explain why in detail in advance) This works on all standing titans.
    Difficulty: 2 (Titan moving on you)
    Max Damage: A tutorial I am going to link had an information box saying 400, but I know some people (Ama I’m looking at you squirt) Have managed to get 1K from using this tactic. beck correction: ive been told that you can get 700+ easy so, thats pretty cool!
    Tutorial

Equator cut.
    If you have ever played a session with me, and end up seeing me spinning around a titan over and over, it is basically a faster version of this method, and modified completely. In order to accomplish this method, you need to hook the nape, and then let the momentum carry you around the titan, and you slash its nape. This works with all titans (Standing) and it also is a guaranteed 200 – 300 damage because of your momentum and movement.
    Difficulty: 2 (This move cannot fail unless you miss completely. The titan cannot be that fast with swatting you.)
    Max Damage: I Googled this for curiosity and it says 400. I’ve gotten over 1500 with this method. (However that isn’t saying much, I normally don’t start on the ground when I execute this attack) Going off that, this damage can vary from person to person.
    Tutorial

Neo-Equator.
    I use this too, and it is really handy for getting rid of groups of titans at once, and it is better to use when you are circling around a titan at warp speed. It is the same as the Equator cut in formation, but you are further away from the titan and you need to reel in in order to get to the nape. This method was created by Feng le himself on accident when he was showing this game at a Demo when he was in Japan in July, so it is fairly new all things considered.
    Difficulty: 4 (It’s high not because of the ability required, it’s because the method is sloppy, and you could easily be killed if you do not know what you are doing.)
    Max Damage: 600+

Crawler Killing.
    There is two methods on killing a crawler. One is by using Titan Eren (Which people hate those who use this method so it is not worth doing it) And the other is this method. Depending on where you are, make sure you know how to use the 3DMG in that environment. The crawler must be chasing you for this to work. Lure it to a base of a solid wall or tree or object, hook yourself so you are only maybe 2 meters above it’s head. It will continue to run into the tree. Then, you leap off the tree onto the upper back / Nape and slash with everything you have and pray to Levi that it will die.
    Difficulty: 1 (Just be careful with how high above the crawlers head you are. I would say here that if there is a space between you and the crawler that could fit another crawler inbetween of the same size, you are going to die.)
    Max Damage: 300+ There is no momentum when you are going to kill a crawler, therefore it makes it hard to determine a Max Damage here.
    Tutorial

Rending Talon.
    This is an interesting method I was unaware that existed until I began this tutorial. I want to try that just to see how it works one time. Basically, you are striking the nape as an Abherant is about to belly flop. You do this by hooking it’s face, and when it belly flops, reeling in and striking the nape. Edit: I do not recommend using this method, it is ridiculously hard to do and there are other methods to use here. (Also, if you are against a Jumper and time it wrong, you will die)
    Difficulty: 5 (Because Jumpers)
    Max Damage: I have no idea. 400?
    Tutorial

Bungie Strike.
    A modified version of the way of killing a crawler, in the way that you kill a standing titan instead. Not the best method since there is a room for a lot of failure, but it will satisfy those suicidal maniacs.
    Difficulty: 3
    Max Damage: 400
    Tutorial

There is also now the talk of Damage. I brought this up beforehand, and now I need to update it since it is a little out of date.
    I mentioned *here* And I will update it for this tutorial

This is what the exposed nape looks like. It's purpose is to record the damage count of every strike, now it is covered so you cannot see it, however it has gotten smaller (Edit: It has actually gotten wider, thinner but wider.) The Max Damage then was 1000. And if you got over that, the game would crash. (Incorrect, the Max Damage was 1200. The game mechanics were not fast enough to compute high speeds and high damage counts at the time. This was fixed a month later.)
    The outside of the nape's circumference got you 10 points no matter what and the closer you got to the centre, the more points you got. Pretty simple. (In the new update, this is no longer the case). The damage is calculated by the method explained below.
    And in order to get those high scores, you had to have some sort of speed shift going behind you. This took me a long time to get used to, but eventually it was manageable.
    So when you were doing your technique, you had the speed from your hooks to the titan and if you let your blades go in for an attack at the right time, you would get massive damage. And if you had the damage counter to the right, you know.
    That thing at either Casual, B-ing or Amazing, you would get a multiplication of your score on top of your hit. So if you were on A-Level (Which it says Amazing) Then get a 1000k hit, it would come up as 1300 instead because it has a multiplication of 1.3.

And then you go into your basic speed x acceleration / distance law of motion golden triangle mathematics behind all of the attacks and therefore it would work out. Elements of this occurring include Angle of the attack, depth of blade penetration, individuals weight, gas usage, distance, amount of blade used in attack and of course the speed of which the player is traveling at.
    If it helps to mention, going straight to the nape and swiping it has less of a chance of getting a high damage count than swiping past the titan and slashing it, like I do, that way you can get really high damage. It isn't clear exactly what mathematics are taken into consideration, though I am assuming the Lucus and the Focus, the Limit and other mathematical justifications are considered.

So there you are. Part two. As said before, any questions and such, feel free to ask. Don't be shy like Annie is
I am on mobile.
Current mood: Casually being able to talk to the country's parliament is fascinating.
Don’t you want to see a highlight?
Join your union
Goostarion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pantera. » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:47 am

^ Holy ****!
I need a computer x.x
Any who,I'm back! How is everyone? And I got a new siggy xD Its still a wip though v.v
Lights: Off
Desperately looking for these:
ImageImage
hello!
I’m getting back into gifting, as it’s what I did before I had a two year hiatus~

If you need help with trades or just need to talk, my pms are open!
Pantera.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cadet Arian Rae » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:02 am

*bursts into the room* GUYS I TOTALLY WAS NOT EATEN BY A TITAN *pants*

My sisyer hasn't paid for the wifi so I don't have any but I got a new phone and I'M SO EXCITED FOR HALLOWEEN AND I LOVE MY NEW SCHOOL

My new friends and I all have a common interest; SNK. So we were sittin. At lunch one day and they were in a heated discussion about Season 2 of SAO and all that jazz and I'm just sitting there listening to my music and I'm reading and then I get an idea and I just randomly say "We should convince the school to let us paint the Wings of Freedom and all of the main characters from SNK on one of the MANY BLANK WALLS of our school." They looked at me like I was crazy then they all started screaming with excitement xD

Anyways that happened and I finally managed to cut my way out of a Titans belly ahem... I mean... Get on the internet xD So hai :3
Cadet Arian Rae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vintage » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:39 am

Just popped on, from my hiatus, to say that Trice, you are freaking amazing with those tutorials...

And next Weekend, I'm going to have to face Petra's and the rest of the squad's deaths, as the dubbed episode comes out(I watch them all, even though I prefer the sub).
Hey there, I'm Vintage, but you can call me Vin if you prefer to do so.
DA
sdfBlueInMyShoesdfTumblr

Vintage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saka. » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:41 am