The Daemian Union (TDU) V2 (POSTING OPEN!)

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Your status?

Unsettled
43%
Stable
21%
Settled
14%
I'm not a daemian
16%
Other
6%

Total votes : 580

Re: The Daemian Union (TDU) V2 (POSTING OPEN!)

Postby still » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:17 am

Good to see this alive :3
Do you and your dae do anything special on their CIE day?
Kulan and I haven't had our first CIE-day yet (Six months is very close though!), but honestly, when it comes I doubt we'll do much more than maybe re-read the books again.

C A R P Exx D I E M
xxx
lia • she/her • lights off
xxx
and time one livid final flame
xxx
source
still

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LOCW_Bluestarwarrior » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:17 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't remember my CIE day? I Actually sort of made my daemon long before I read the books. His name changed, but his persnality was the same... So I'll never know my CIE day.
------------
------------Call me Blue
------------adult // fan of a great
------------many things
------------ImageImageImage
------------
------------
------------ImageImage
------------Art credit - me
------------
LOCW_Bluestarwarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Beebs » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:11 pm

Not really!! Vee and I like to just chill and spend the day relaxing, if we can. Otherwise, we just chat a lot. It's always a day that's been kind of important to us, so we remember it rather well, but it's more so just another day for us.
I've never liked celebrations of any kind anyways. ;w;
Beebs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poofyena » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:28 am

Honestly I usually forget. We've been together so long now I usually cannot remember our CIE day. Every now and again when I have quiet time I just focus on projecting him and enjoying him.
Click my pets?! Join Pet Adoptables!
http://www.petadoptables.com/register.p ... l=poofyena
poofyena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emblo » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:28 pm

Hey guys! I'm not a daemian, but I've always been interested in the topic (though that's not to say I know all that much on it - I don't). I'm kinda in a dilemma right now, so I've actually popped in to ask a favor. I'm sorry if this is off topic or something to that effect, but I'm not sure where else to go. I have a literary criticism paper due in less than two weeks on an author/literary work of my choice, and I'm required to have an interview incorporated into it. My author is Philip Pullman (on his series in particular), so I figured my interview could be someone who has a daemon. Would anyone be willing to let me interview them on this? You of course don't have to give me any personal information (and I would never ask). I don't have the questions yet, but I'll figure it out. I would prefer someone who is pretty knowledgeable on the whole subject, as well as someone who has read at least one book in the His Dark Materials series. Since I don't have a ton of time, I also need someone who would respond to my questions within a week or so. I really only need one user for this and it'll be done over private message. :)
found someone, thank you very much!

On another note, I'm sorry for being to naive, but what is a CIE day? I assume it's when you and your daemon came together, though I'm not sure what it stands for? I tried looking it up, but to no avail haha.

I hope none of my wording was incorrect. Like I said, I cannot say I'm too knowledgeable on the topic.
Last edited by emblo on Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emblo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndpine » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:05 pm

Misconceptions wrote:Hey guys! I'm not a daemian, but I've always been interested in the topic (though that's not to say I know all that much on it - I don't). I'm kinda in a dilemma right now, so I've actually popped in to ask a favor. I'm sorry if this is off topic or something to that effect, but I'm not sure where else to go. I have a literary criticism paper due in less than two weeks on an author/literary work of my choice, and I'm required to have an interview incorporated into it. My author is Philip Pullman (on his series in particular), so I figured my interview could be someone who has a daemon. Would anyone be willing to let me interview them on this? You of course don't have to give me any personal information (and I would never ask). I don't have the questions yet, but I'll figure it out. I would prefer someone who is pretty knowledgeable on the whole subject, as well as someone who has read at least one book in the His Dark Materials series. Since I don't have a ton of time, I also need someone who would respond to my questions within a week or so. I really only need one user for this and it'll be done over private message. :)

On another note, I'm sorry for being to naive, but what is a CIE day? I assume it's when you and your daemon came together, though I'm not sure what it stands for? I tried looking it up, but to no avail haha.

I hope none of my wording was incorrect. Like I said, I cannot say I'm too knowledgeable on the topic.

This sounds really interesting! I'd love to participate, unless someone else with more experience and such contacts you. I've been a dæmian for over three years (though I first became interested in the concept six years ago) and have been involved in the community (small as it is) for a little over a year. I have also read the His Dark Materials series two or three times, and I'm available every day to return PMs. c:

As for a CIE-Day, it stands for "Coming Into Existence" and celebrates the date on which your dæmon was first created by you- a birthday of sorts.
houndpine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby schizodog » Tue May 11, 2021 10:39 am

hey there! to answer the question everyone else is answering, my daemon hasn't been around for longer than a year so this year will be the first anniversary of her CIE day! i think to celebrate we will make something special for dinner or a treat! we are both excited for it, it's in August!
I'm Hound
Adult | They/It | Artist
my carrd
I am currently not taking commissions!
I am mostly on cs for the pets that mean a lot to me, whether they be nostalgic, look like pets of mine, etc. I am also on here to support other artists! Feel free to DM me about anything relevant to my art or pets, I'm an open book!

schizodog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me