The Tea-Cup Wyrm Army of CS

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: The Tea-Cup Wyrm Army of CS

Postby Arazia » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:41 am

Sorren Fey wrote:I was wondering, can you breed your wyrm only once per breeding season or is it possible to breed it more often?
I don't know if I will try for a breeding in September already but I was just interested to know this just in case.

Good question, actually!

Wyrms can be bred as many times as they have 'available breedings', basically.
So a Wyrm can have multiple matings/eggs each breeding season.

My mate's little Wyrm Liffe had 4 different mates, and 5 eggs this past breeding season.
Arazia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:45 am

Okay, thank you very much for the answer. :D
It's great that you do not have to wait for the next season then. x3
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arazia » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:49 am

Sorren Fey wrote:Okay, thank you very much for the answer. :D
It's great that you do not have to wait for the next season then. x3

No problem.
Just to clarify: You do have to wait for a breeding season to breed them, but you can have multiple pairings/eggs/hatchlings from any Wyrm during the breeding season.

One of the things I find the most fun during the breeding season is seeing people who don't have Wyrms getting their first chance at one. I actually gave at least 2-3 breedings out to people who had no Wyrms this past season. I can't wait to see what the new batch of babies end up looking like.
Arazia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:50 am

I wish we had more males in our batch but oh well xD I also had an inquiry about the cost of breedings, I think I saw the info only once but now I cannot locate it again.. Does it cost both owners money and a breeding count per breeding, or is that only if both want an offspring?
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leurai » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:16 am

Got everyone updated and added to the list. :)

Arazia, it's so awesome to see you on here! <3
Leurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:21 am

Vampiric wrote:I wish we had more males in our batch but oh well xD I also had an inquiry about the cost of breedings, I think I saw the info only once but now I cannot locate it again.. Does it cost both owners money and a breeding count per breeding, or is that only if both want an offspring?

So many females... I'd love to breed with Kaycee's Cerylia but both ours are female. xD I really need to get my hand on a male.

I think only the one pays who gets the baby or if you get clutch mates (two; one for everyone) both will have to pay. I also assume that the breeding count goes down for both wyrms per breeding regardless of who gets the baby.
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arazia » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:23 am

Vampiric wrote:I wish we had more males in our batch but oh well xD I also had an inquiry about the cost of breedings, I think I saw the info only once but now I cannot locate it again.. Does it cost both owners money and a breeding count per breeding, or is that only if both want an offspring?

Well, you're welcome to breedings from any of my males if you want. I've got three coming from Anthrocon myself (that a friend picked up - so I'm not sure what their genders are), and my new guys from the breeding season. And most people are really nice if you ask them to use one of their Wyrms for stud.

The way breeding works is, the person /receiving/ the baby Wyrm pays the breeding fee. So if you're just letting someone use your Wyrm as a Stud/BroodWyrm, then you don't pay anything, they do. It does cost you a 'breeding' on your Wyrm's sheet, but that's it. Now, there is one possibly exception to this, and that's in the case of 'clutchmates'. If you and another handler both want a baby from a pairing, you both pay for your hatchling (separate fees), but it only takes away one 'breeding' on your Wyrm's sheet.

The money cost for a hatchling depends on the Species (size) of the Wyrm you're receiving. Tea-cups are $25 +shipping, Standards are $75 +shipping.

Sorren Fey wrote:So many females... I'd love to breed with Kaycee's Cerylia but both ours are female. xD I really need to get my hand on a male.

Heh. I swear that when we were working up the cards, there was an even-ish number of males and females!
Arazia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:33 am

Ha ha, our CS staff and members just grabbed up all the females it seems. xD
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arazia » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:50 am

Sorren Fey wrote:Ha ha, our CS staff and members just grabbed up all the females it seems. xD

Surprisingly, there are still more males than females based on those registered. Like... 55 males vs 46 females.
I know my first two were females, then I got somehow insanely lucky and my next three were males.
I know I've got at least one male from Anthrocon. A little green bright darter.

The other two, I'm not sure if they are male or female, hoping to find out when I get my paws on them.
Arazia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ricorn » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:01 am

Finally registered but it will take a little bit to get the link.

Username: Ricorn

Wyrm's Name: Halie
Species: "Tea-Cup" Wyrm
Type:Marine Wyrm
Breed:Angler Eel

Personality: Dominant, over-bearing, and stubborn. Protective and diligent.

Link to registration page:

Photo: Image

Image Image Image Image
Clowns to the left of me.
Jokers to the right.
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.
Image Image Image Image

Tumblr || Flight Rising
Ricorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me