Loki's Army (Marvel) || Hiddlestoners (Tom Hiddleston)

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Loki's Army (Marvel) || Hiddlestoners (Tom Hiddleston)

Postby Captain. A. Stark. » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:47 am

woahh crazy to see that this is still active!! welcome all new members, great to have u here
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    fal | she/they | musician | psych major 👁
    - RWC - trades - - hanzo - loki - #MMIW
Captain. A. Stark.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:43 am

I think the loki show probably had something to do with that lol
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:24 am

Popping in to say that while I enjoyed the Loki series very much, there were certain… choices they made that weren’t to my taste. I found myself dreading each new episode as much as I was looking forward to them after episode 3. I hope that season 2 is better and has better queer rep. I also rather selfishly hope that the main thing that I disliked about the show is over now and doesn’t continue. lol
Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:47 am

at this stage. Personally dreading season 2

I'm not optimistic about getting queer rep that's more than scraps from disney moving forward.
But given disney's history, and the fact that we've had so many 'first gay disney characters' that have either not explicitly stated to be queer, been blink and you miss it moments/things that can easily be edited out. And the fact that these shows and movies have to play in markets that aren't queer friendly.

Eternals could change that.
But at this stage I'm not hopeful about loki not being 'straightened up' further moving forward.
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:46 am

Honestly… same. Disney does not have a good track record at all, and while Eternals may help them realize that LGBTQ people aren’t as “scary” as they seem to believe, a lot of damage was already done with Loki and I’m not sure if they’ll be able to repair it in a way that satisfies everyone. The genderfluid rep in particular, despite their claims that it was something the series would touch upon, was practically nonexistent (and what was there was arguably harmful). “A bit of both.” was lovely as some small bi rep, but when one considers that they only seem willing to explore the side of his identity which they consider “safe”, it isn’t as big of a step as Disney wants to make it out to be. The Loki fandom on social media is also quite shattered. A lot of people at each other’s throats, which is unfortunate and something that I dread will become worse once season 2 comes out, no matter which route they take with certain “ships”.
Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wild Mothman » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:52 am

As a genderfluid nonbinary person myself that was something I was really hoping they'd actually explore. and while my experience has been more, comfortable in one gender for months and then suddenly aaaaah I want to be a different gender, or no gender. That's not everyone's experience.

The show runners were willing to at least reference agent of asgard by the fact that president loki is there.
But not actually show loki being genderfluid which that run of the comic is also known for.
Wild Mothman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brainiac5 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:44 am

Yeah, you can bet I was hoping for something like Loki just… being a woman sometimes, and that’s just normal. But of course not. And female Lokis are “scary”. Consider me officially Done with DisneyTM.

In fact, Disney’s large monopoly means that they set the standard for a lot of what’s going to be represented in entertainment in general from now on, and you can bet they’re only prepared to show things they know will bring in cash. There will not be much experimentation, if any.
Image ImageImage Image
Brainiac5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Max Mayfield » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:26 am

I want to be part of Loki's Army!
Username: Mallory Keen
Favorite Loki/Tom Movie: Ragnarok
Max Mayfield

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me