Welcome to Animal Crossing!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Welcome to Animal Crossing!

Postby Spooky~ » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:55 pm

RWBY Rose wrote:Yeah sure, I'll scan him tomorrow though cuz it's almost 2 AM here lol.

They use to be sold at a few places but now they're pretty hard to find. You can buy them on Amazon but they're super pricy.

x3 That's fine, I'm still resetting for a map.

O: Oh wow! I looked on Ebay, about 2 bucks for a single. x3
I might have to get some when I get paid.
At some point, power becomes its own master.
We cast aside our ideals in favor of expedience and tell ourselves it was all necessary.
For the people.

.holly
.adult
.they/them
.non binary

Favorite Pet:

Spooky~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horchata » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:47 pm

ok ignore my post from 2 pages ago im kinda wanting to restart atm : s but i want ur guys' opinion first

do you think this is a good map?? i mainly wanna restart bc idk... i guess i wanna see what different villagers i can get and iff i can get a better map (re-tail is in a bit of an annoying position) and i'm thinkin... if i wanna restart now should i bother continuing w this save in case it gets worse??

reasons for being fine 2 restart: been playing for few weeks, maybe change my persons appearance, i don't like most of my villagers, idk about map layout, i havent unlocked kicks or the other dept store yet (they are being built tho)

reasons 4 not restarting: i like 2 of my villagers lol, i've made dream place and 2 other public works, idk i have furniture and ive caught stuff i guess but i dont mind restarting that part so much, upgraded house past 2nd storey, i dont wanna have to wait to go to island againnn which brings me to my next q

is time travelling bad?? bc if i restart i wanna time travel the first week or so (day by day) just so i can get stuff done but if i wanna time travel back to my original time after that what happens? is everything okay orr what (im pretty new so)
a gardener told me some plants move
───────
libra - hufflepuff - infp
forum game!

───────
but i could not believe it

horchata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiero » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:48 pm

@horchats
Personally I do think that's a nice map! The only thing that could potentially be bothersome that I'm seeing is the area with your house and one other house above it. I have a small space like that in my town too and villagers that move in seem to like to cram themselves in that area. Otherwise great! Retail is near the beach so that when you come from the island, it's a quick trip. I like that and I kind of envy it :p

If you wanna restart go for it. If you have things you want to keep, find someone to hold them in their town for you. And on the works projects thing, when you restart you get the funds your town was worth back if you so choose. I got 10 million bells this way when I restarted a good bit of months ago.

And on time traveling, that is all subjective. I'm personally all for it. It makes the experience more enjoyable to me and I don't see the point in sitting and waiting for days to past while being bored out of your mind. That's not what a game is for. If you time travel backwards nothing significant happens. It doesn't do anything to the progress you've made, just switches the day to that day. You could go backwards 10 years and be fine. Maybe some weeds, but those are an easy fix.

Good luck :)!
gaydrian#2665
hiero

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:44 am

It's up to you if you want to restart. Villagers aren't really a reason to keep a town that is only a few weeks old In my opinion. You can always re-get them but you can't easily change your map unless you restart. If you're happy with the map then keep it, if something annoys you about it enough then restart.

Time traveling is up to you. Time traveling can make the game boring but it depends on how you do it. I like to go about the day and do stuff before I time travel to the next day; e.g. I collect fossils, say hey to my favorite villagers, maybe catch a fish or two, ect.

When I eventually catch up to current day in my newish town, I'll only time travel to change the time of day or start playing where I left off if I took a hiatus.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spooky~ » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:01 am

I only use time travel when it comes to Sable, just because I can start doing paths. xP
We cast aside our ideals in favor of expedience and tell ourselves it was all necessary.
For the people.

.holly
.adult
.they/them
.non binary

Favorite Pet:

Spooky~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prisms. » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:22 am

I usually use time travel If I want a specific time or the shops are closed.
Quitting cs, wont be v active here,
Carrd has places to find me I guess

toyhouse
prisms.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spooky~ » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:16 am

I only time traveled once today, and that was to get Marshal and another villager. xD
I really hope that doesn't mess me up with my fossils and fishing.
For the people.

.holly
.adult
.they/them
.non binary

Favorite Pet:

Spooky~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bisylizzie » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:23 am

So, uh, Nintendo Direct happened.

Yup.
She's playable.

Also announced, but no actual footage shown of...

Nintendo hasn't uploaded the trailers to their YT (or, they're not public) just yet, but you can see the videos on https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-13-2018/
bisylizzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby prisms. » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:32 am

Oh. Shes on the Switch.. And in smash.... As a character...

Never expected this but we will see how she turns out. This will be interesting..
No new footage of the any Animal crossing game on the Switch! I guess I will keep waiting... But announcements! Yes!
Quitting cs, wont be v active here,
Carrd has places to find me I guess

toyhouse
prisms.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me