❀ || Plant Lovers

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re:

Postby Obsessed » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:53 am

rye-bread wrote:
frostykitty wrote:But it's a plant! A very resilient plant! Not like it's going
To poop on the floor. XD

haha! i'm definitely gonna use that now
    that can't argue with that haha lol

:lol: Plants clean the air. Succulents and mosses are hard to kill. I have a relative who cannot be reasoned with except using a Powerpoint presentation lol.

I'm a Rabbit!
Rabbits are kind, sensitive, elegant, artistic, lucky, cautious, flexible, good friend.
Sometimes they can be moody, shy, lazy, opportunistic.
About: he/they, college student, depressed, autistic
Current obsessions: Breyer, gaming
Constant obsessions: animals, Bluey, dinosaurs, dragons, space
Currently playing: Baldur's Gate 3, Final Fantasy 7, Genshin Impact
Favorite games: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Baldur's Gate 3, Clangen, Cyberpunk 2077, Genshin Impact, Good Pizza Great Pizza, House Flipper, Maneater, Red Dead Redemption 2
Obsessed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Plant ❀ Lovers

Postby frostykitty » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:57 am

Okay, back to the weeping willow, anyone know if it could drain a small creek? I want to put it in the woods by a creek, but I'm afraid it might drain it as it grows...
frostykitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obsessed » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:01 am

frostykitty wrote:Okay, back to the weeping willow, anyone know if it could drain a small creek? I want to put it in the woods by a creek, but I'm afraid it might drain it as it grows...

That depends on a few factors. Is it a man-made creek, or natural? By small, how small? As in, how many feet across would you round it to? And, does it flow all the time, or only after a heavy rain?

I'm a Rabbit!
Rabbits are kind, sensitive, elegant, artistic, lucky, cautious, flexible, good friend.
Favorite games: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Baldur's Gate 3, Clangen, Cyberpunk 2077, Genshin Impact, Good Pizza Great Pizza, House Flipper, Maneater, Red Dead Redemption 2
Obsessed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbian » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:09 am

welcome rye!

recently my dad took some cuttings of a succulent we have {because the main play was looking a bit sickly and off} and all 16 cuttings have rooted and are looking amazing! We're gonna repot them this weekend so I'll get pictures<3
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
hàlo, is mise fineal! (hello, my name is fennel!)
i'm a queer artist from scotland, & i've been on
cs for 12 years now!! mainly here to collect tho
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
they/them • adhd (bad @ pms/trades) • lesbian
❤️
🧡
🤍
💗
❤️
lesbian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obsessed » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:14 am

Ah so lucky I'm so jealous >.< I'm trying to root about twelve jade leaves ('cause I'm a little bit Obsessed) and am waiting. But the weird trees I tried to root from cuttings didn't take and seven willow cuttings refused to root, so I'm having a rough time propagating my stuff. However, my grandmother gave me several offshoots of her Hens and Chicks plant that has been in the family for several generations, and they're all doing fantastic. I need to find a camera that doesn't stink so I can post pictures.

I'm a Rabbit!
Obsessed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frostykitty » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Obsessed wrote:
frostykitty wrote:Okay, back to the weeping willow, anyone know if it could drain a small creek? I want to put it in the woods by a creek, but I'm afraid it might drain it as it grows...

That depends on a few factors. Is it a man-made creek, or natural? By small, how small? As in, how many feet across would you round it to? And, does it flow all the time, or only after a heavy rain?

It flows all the time, i have never walked along it, because half goes by my uncles cow feild... the other goes through the woods. It's separated by a driveway, but it is natural. I think it gets about 2-3 ft at widest and about the same in depth. We've been getting a lot of rain on the east US cost... it can sometimes go over the driveway, when normally it's about 3 1/2 feet down.
frostykitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obsessed » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:05 pm

frostykitty wrote:
Obsessed wrote:

It flows all the time, i have never walked along it, because half goes by my uncles cow feild... the other goes through the woods. It's separated by a driveway, but it is natural. I think it gets about 2-3 ft at widest and about the same in depth. We've been getting a lot of rain on the east US cost... it can sometimes go over the driveway, when normally it's about 3 1/2 feet down.

Then it's not likely that the Willow will drain it ;) Especially if it overflows your driveway. Though they take in water, they also 'sweat' water back out, a creek of that size will be fine.

I'm a Rabbit!
Obsessed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frostykitty » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:17 pm

okay, but that is at widest and deppest, it's about one and a half feet at most areas, but still about two feet deep I believe... Oh I'm just worried! Weeping willows are my favorite tree though.
New question - Will it get enough light as a sapling in he woods?
frostykitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obsessed » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:38 pm

frostykitty wrote:okay, but that is at widest and deppest, it's about one and a half feet at most areas, but still about two feet deep I believe... Oh I'm just worried! Weeping willows are my favorite tree though.
New question - Will it get enough light as a sapling in he woods?

Is it a pine forest or a oak/maple/not evergreen forest? Either way, Willows are a full-sun tree, and while they might survive in a dappled shade or a low light environment, they would not thrive or grow nearly as quickly as they would in full sun. If you could find a spot by this creek that gets at least six hours of direct sunlight, it should be fine. Though not every experience is exactly the same, most Willows are very low maintenance after planting. I hope I've helped some.

I'm a Rabbit!
Obsessed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frostykitty » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:05 pm

Yes, it's deciduous forest. We will probably start it in a pot outside first, because it's just a twig right now.
frostykitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me