❀ || Plant Lovers

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ❀ || Plant Lovers

Postby mykeecore » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:29 am

Username: rRocknRogue
Nickname{s}: Rogue
Favourite plant: That's a tough choice, I love all my babies! Maybe my chandelier succulents?
I love plants !
┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xixxxMykee / Viktor / Remy
genderqueer | demi/bi | any prns
xixanimals | video games | art
xxxDM me, let's be friends c:
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

➽────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────❥
This Sig is a WIP
xxxxxxxxxxxx┍━━━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━━━┑
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxixxxxLINKS
xxxxxxixxxxxxxx⚝──⭒─⭑─⭒──⚝
xxxxxxxiixxxiixxart shop - closed
xxxxxxxxxxxx┕━━━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━━━┙
mykeecore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cswolf. » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:54 am

OMG
My friend got me succulent magnets for Christmas. They are just plastic succulents on magnets to go on my fridge but they are so cute and fit my aesthetic so much. They blend right into my kitchen decor haha.
lurkin!

CATCHING UP MY REMAINING LOLO MESSAGES <3
THANKS ALL FOR VISITING ME :)
cswolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sagittarius. » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:42 am

Username: sagittarius.
    Nickname{s}: sag
    Favourite plant: i hate to choose between my babies, but my tricolour maranta leuconeura (prayer plant) has a special place in my heart, despite being a diva
    I love plants !
sagittarius.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Klain » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:23 pm

long time no see in this group o/
It's also really quiet here '3'
Anyway; I thought I'll show you some of my babys. Beginning with my avocado, which I have a year now and look how big he is!
avocado boy

(Going to link every image bc they are big and I am showing you a lot ^.^)
then we have these two boys; I think that I own the left one around two years and he didn't grew at all? But he also doesn't care what I do with him...? Like "oh, you forgot to water me two months. thats fine." "Oh? You watered me 3 times every day this week? Thats fine." Sometimes I have the feeling he is a fake plant :') With the right one I had a little trouble at the beginning, he grew his leaves but then the old ones dried out for them, but right no he really does good, no a leaf for a leaf Thanos trade :'D
two boys

Going on with this noodle boy which is out of focus but I am to lazy to take a new one. Since I water him more often he is out of control with growing. I started with one noodle now I have some more c:
noodle boy

(I like to call my plants boy so;) another boy! The body was actually a ear but it fell off. I don't know he has this dry/ill part near the soil and I don't know what to do/think about it? Because I have the feeling that the body will day again, so that I am again left with two ears.
bunny boy

and then we have this boy, which was ok a week ago, but now he starts getting brown/yellow leaves. I read that it is because I watered him to much, and thinking about it I really started wartering him more often. So I am just going to stop watering him so often, guess?
last boy

so yea. That are some of my boys, but after lock down there will be a new member, because one of my friends doesn't have any space so I'll get him to keep care of him! Can't wait for that !
I would really appreciate it if someone could name all of them, so I can read about them how to keep care and everything. ^.^
Klain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sagittarius. » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:31 am

@klain i'm unsure of the name of the first unidentified plant, but i'm happy to help out with the names of the others. the second one in that image is a chinese money plant, noodle boy looks to be a pickle cactus, bunny boy is a bunny ears cactus but looks to have etiolated ears. the brown at the bottom of him unfortunately looks like rot, which happens with cacti sometimes as water doesn't always evaporate from their base. to avoid this just make sure the soil is completely dry before you water them. the last boy is a corn plant. corn plants need very little water even at this time of year, i water my dracaena (same family) once every 18 days to avoid brown tips, but this will increase going in to summer.

i just ordered two new plants as quarantine has got me addicted to taking care of my current plants. my first pothos, a marble lady pothos, and a dumb cane/ leopard lily, as well as acquiring two jade plants and another succulent, putting my count up to about 30 plants currently.
sagittarius.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:59 am

Username: Dia.
Nickname{s}:
Favourite plant: Holy cow idk I think my favorite right now is my variegated syngonium.
i love plants

@klain, I think the first unnamed "oh you forgot to water me that's fine" plant is a Sansevieria "Samurai."

@sagittarius, I too ordered two new plants (last week). I don't count my plants because then I'll feel exposed lol
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eat kids » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:43 am

Username: shenzy
      Nickname{s}: shenz, alex
      Favourite plant: gotta be lucky bamboo
      i love plants
eat kids

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby airen » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:42 am

aaaah I have found my people

Username: airen
Nickname{s}: airen/air
Favourite plant: euphorbias, alocasias, syngoniums
i love plants
Image Image

[where the wolf’s ears are, the teeth are near ]

»»————- ♔ ————-««

kemst þó hægt fari

• witch • lgbtq+ • adult • toyhouse
airen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby park. » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:34 am

Username: park
Nickname{s}: park
Favorite plant: cilantro
i love plants

hello! I am here with a quest! I am currently growing a garden inside my house. I have grow lights since my house isn't positioned with the sun all too well, we don't get much light. I have Cauliflower, celery, garlic, yellow and white onions growing. I was wondering if anyone knew of any book or website (preferably website) that has a ton of information about indoor growing? I am not talking greenhouses that branch off your house or are straight up outside. I mean like, like my spare room full garden going with a greenhouse I bought on amazon and pots. Everything I search for tips either has information about outdoor growing or greenhouse. Which I notice a greenhouse is a bit more professional then what I have going.

Now, in case someone online is informed I will ask my questions below! haha sorry for the long intro!

1. How often do I water my plants? I wait for the soil to get less wet and it takes over a week, into week two. When I do water, I am not drowning them, the greenhouse just works so well that the moisture never leaves. Now I have little knats in my soil! I open the greenhouse so it can air out, sometimes the moisture gets to 80% which is pretty bad aahhh.

2. I am growing cauliflower and its not doing so hot. I have NO idea why. I water this plant even less, it seems ot be happy where it is near my grow light. I tried putting some of them outside to see if the grow light just wasn't working, but then it wilted within 5 minutes and three of them died! It was a sunny warm day out too. Its usually between 65-69 degrees in my green house. Does anyone have any tips?

3. I poured the hydrogen peroxide and water mixture over my plants struggling with the gnats. I just got them, so it should be much of a concern, but I read that house gnats attack wetish soil. Do you think the knats are killing my last cauliflower?

4. How exactly do I get my soil to dry quickly? Should I just grow my plants under a light in my room and not include the green house tarp? It seems to be trapping a ton of moisture and my plants aren't liking it.
wip
park.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:34 pm

@park

Glad to have ya with us! ^^

well i must say this is certainly an interesting project you have going on!

Im not very experienced as far as greenhouses go, especially indoors, but for the watering you typically wait until the top couple of inches of the soil dries out before watering more. (the good ol' stick your finger in the dirt test works for deciding that part)

For the Cauliflower they probably got shocked from the sudden move outside. when your're moving plants from inside to outside it should be a gradual process, starting them off in shade for the first day, and only for an hour or so that day then bring it back inside. and repeat the process for about a week or so, increasing the amount of sun and time outside each time. This is also a plant that enjoys the cooler / chilly weather so depending on where you are it may have also been additionally shocked by any sudden heat as well.

As far as the gnats go, they are generally harmless to the plant for the most part, more of an annoyance than anything.

For your request of getting indoor soil to dry more quickly some things you can do is set up a fan to gently blow across the surface to cause it to evaporate out.

Hope this was helpful for ya! ^^
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me