CSCC - Chicken Smoothie Cosplay Club!

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: CSCC - Chicken Smoothie Cosplay Club!

Postby code: nemesis » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:26 pm

Username: It's Nagi usually, but I've changed it to Jinzou Enemy for the occasion of Aug. 15 uvu
Nicknames: Kouka, but whatever you want to call me is fine!
Preferred pronoun: She/her is what I go by!!
Where do you cosplay? (i.e. at home? at conventions?) Conventions, and home when I feel like it.
Do you buy your costumes, or make them yourself? I've both bought and made costumes
What was your first costume? Fem!America, but the first homemade one was Hatsune Miku
What is your favorite costume that you've done? Hatsune Miku!!
What is your favorite costume that you've seen someone else do? Oh gosh... There's SO many. I can't pick one alone ;;
x
x
x
x
x
x

eve | she/her

you will get hurt. please leave the area while you still can.

❖ stalker ❖

wip
code: nemesis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Uchuujin » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:30 am

I wanted to post some horrible quality progress pics of my costume. It has to be done by the 27th so I'm a little freaked out hahaha

First layer of paint on my gauntlets and shinguards!

I completed the embroidery on my scarf!

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
reading ★ No Stone Unturned
playing ★ Overwatch 2
watching ★ Tokyo Revengers
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
about me || my characters
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXIgnisXx » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:33 am

Siren~ wrote:I wanted to post some horrible quality progress pics of my costume. It has to be done by the 27th so I'm a little freaked out hahaha

First layer of paint on my gauntlets and shinguards!

I completed the embroidery on my scarf!

Looks great! The embroidery is quite cool B) .

" HERE COMES THE SUN "

x
x

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..⊳ [url=x]x[/url]
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..⊳ [url=x]x[/url]
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..Plantasia

xXIgnisXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nanashi » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:09 pm

Username:
Hajime

Nicknames:
Haji or Silvy

Preferred pronoun:
She/He depends.

Where do you cosplay? (i.e. at home? at conventions?)
Conventions, wanna wear some to school though.

Do you buy your costumes, or make them yourself?
One I bought and the other I made myself (with friend help of tie)

What was your first costume?
Bought a Chiaki Nanami Cosplay so that's my first.

What is your favorite costume that you've done?
Errr probably my Hajime Hinata one because I made that with friend.

What is your favorite costume that you've seen someone else do?
THIS ONE KOMAEDA ONE OH GOODNESS THEY DID WELL THEY MADE IT WOW

(Cosplay man. Got a shirt to explain cosplay in general.)
ImageImageImage
is Earth's
greatest

----I am literal Meme Trash---
~ Kita ~ Female~ Gamer ~

text text text
text text text
text text text
text text text
text text text
Source art you use!
----Don't Steal my Format!----

Image Image Image

text

text

text

text

text

Tumblr

Credit

ImageImageImage
Nanashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXIgnisXx » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:55 am

Welcome Haji ^^.

When I get some money, I'm going to make my own neko ears ^-^ .

" HERE COMES THE SUN "

x
x

xXIgnisXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angel. » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:25 am

Username: angel.
    Nicknames: none, just call me angel c:
    Preferred pronoun: female pronouns
    Where do you cosplay? (i.e. at home? at conventions?) I've gone to two conventions so far but practice my cosplays at home.
    Do you buy your costumes, or make them yourself? I've bought one and I am currently working on some for next years convention.
    What was your first costume? Edward Scissorhands and Black Widow for a two day convention.
    What is your favorite costume that you've done? Edward Scissorhands was really great because I did my makeup and even put some scars on my face like his.
    What is your favorite costume that you've seen someone else do? Hm, probably this Female Thor costume I saw at a convention.
angel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Uchuujin » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:35 am

I've just added the newest members! Welcome to the club :)

Let's discuss cosplay packing, shall we? For those of you who have been to conventions with your costumes, what are you packing methods? What do you find the most efficient?

I used to keep my costumes in garment bags and that worked for a long time. However, things would fall off the hangers, or hangers broke, and it was hard keeping things like wigs and accessories in the bags or they'd get too heavy. So recently I took an idea from watching Toddlers in Tiaras (my guilty pleasure omg). Most of the girls on there carry their wigs and massive costumes in large plastic containers. The last con I went to, KamiCon in Birmingham Alabama, I folded my costumes, put them into the plastic container, and had room for my most fragile wig to go in with them. That was a great method that I plan to continue using, but everything does tend to get mixed up, and of course some bigger costume pieces won't fit in there.

Or, for those of you who do not go to conventions - how do you store your costumes?

I keep mine in garment bags in my closet, but it's a method I sort of hate because then the wigs and props are just all over my room. I don't want to keep my wigs in the garment bags though, because they're all on foam heads and it makes the bags misshapen and hard to hang. I'm trying to find some better way to keep the clothing and the accessories all together, but it's not easy T_T

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
reading ★ No Stone Unturned
playing ★ Overwatch 2
watching ★ Tokyo Revengers
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
about me || my characters
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angel. » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:41 am

Well, actually, both conventions I have gone to I just wear the cosplay in the car ride because it only took about 30 minutes to get there! I was a little nervous because I did not know how that was going to work but everything went perfectly fine! My cosplay was not wrinkled, crumpled or ripped in any places.

As for storing, I have a small room and I have no idea where I would store my cosplays but for wigs, I have these really nice plastic bags? sort of bags, they are like containers but they button at the top and are a bag like shape. It keeps my wigs perfect if you brush them and keep the bags in a neat place. As for costumes, after the convention I threw mine away because I decided I no longer needed them and I didn't like to wear them since they were itchy so from now on I would make my own.
angel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xXIgnisXx » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:03 am

x) I have a space in my dresser for my cosplay. xD

" HERE COMES THE SUN "

x
x

xXIgnisXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby code: nemesis » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:02 pm

Siren~ wrote:Let's discuss cosplay packing, shall we? For those of you who have been to conventions with your costumes, what are you packing methods? What do you find the most efficient?

Or, for those of you who do not go to conventions - how do you store your costumes?

Well, I figured I may as well answer both of these!
When packing for a con, I usually put the shoes I'll need for cosplays in a plastic shopping bag (if there's not enough room, bring another bag) and tie it shut. Usually keep these in the same suitcase as my socks and/or wigs. When packing and storing wigs, I keep them in ziploc bags. If it's a longer wig (ex: hatsune miku) then you want to curl it around in a spiral when it sits in the bag. It doesn't get too badly tangled, if that makes any sense, at least for me! Also, if the wig has multiple parts, give them all their own seperate bags.
As for the costumes themselves, I usually pack and fold them just like normal clothes. I have never carried a costume prop before, so I have nothing about packing/storing these. If there are extra pieces, like a tie, or ribbon, then I'd keep the piece(s) in a small bag of their own and keep them near the cosplay. All my costumes were also cloth, so I have nothing about storing harder parts. Sorry!
At home, I usually just keep the pieces hanging up in my closet. I hope I got everything, I'm kinda tired though so I might have missed some stuff, though.
x
x
x
x
x
x

eve | she/her

you will get hurt. please leave the area while you still can.

❖ stalker ❖

wip
code: nemesis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me