★ CAC Fanclub V.4 ★

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ★ CAC Fanclub V.4 ★

Postby faerie; » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:29 am

bsktcase wrote:I think everyone has a far point but I'd like to point out cats are wild animals in warriors. some in the wild may leave one for dead or kill them off if they think the kit has no chance of surviving. It is dependent on that animal's behavior. My friend has had it happen before with her farm kittens. She had a mom basically kill off her whole litter. If a parent cat thinks the kit can't survive that is just what they do. I know people and cats in a normal household setting can live perfectly fine. You must think about how this is out in the wilderness. I definitely see where you are coming from though! In no way am I justifying eugenics. Plus in the long run, where the story goes is up to the owner of the cat. c:

these are cats that can have powers and prophecies and live as long as a housecat even though they are feral. they have complex relationships and dramas in their life. they have sexuality. they can train a disabled kit. either way, this is still against the rules as it includes forced mating and eugenics.

this is nothing against you, it just makes me angry to see disabled characters considered disposable plot points.
faerie;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bsktcase » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:38 am

I really don't see it being a 'disposable' plot point but that's me. I know that there is more than them just being 'wild' cats. Also, I don't believe it breaks the rule of 'forced mating' as it sounds like they wanted kits but now the father no longer wants to mate with the mother. I see both sides is all I'm saying. I wasn't looking to pick a fight simply stating another view for people to consider.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
❝ And I lost you
The one I was dancin' with
In New York, no shoes
Looked up at the sky
and it was maroon
- Taylor Swift

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Toyhouse bsktcase ✦ Discord bsktcase#0423
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Moon Light Kennels
Lunar Blossom Kennels
The Nexus Colony
The Pumet Region
The Veiled Jade
Umberfall
Tribe of the Bogland
Logclan

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the name is bskt
my pronouns are she/her
i'm pansexual and demiromantic
full time sterile processing technician

bsktcase

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby w0ah » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:54 am

i believe the reason why it may seem that the deaf character was being used as 'disposable' to the plot was due to the fact that it was the leading cause for the other character to go on their rampage, as described in the third plotline. and as for the 'forced mating', this also refers to the third plotline, in which the character was said to become the leader and begin controlling all of the breeding done within the clan.

and i'm terribly sorry if it seemed like i was trying to pick a fight! i hope it didn't seem that way, i was simply just trying to add to the discussion. and as i said before, no hard-feelings to anyone.
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bsktcase » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:00 am

Oh, guess I didn't read that last part of forced breeding in the original post whoops! and sorry I've got severe anxiety so I constantly fear that I've started a fight or something. I have no ill will to anyone and it personally is a plotline I find interesting but now I don't support it really. Maybe a better plot is the tom rejecting the kit as his and breaking off his mateship to the mother of the kit.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
❝ And I lost you
In New York, no shoes
Looked up at the sky
and it was maroon
- Taylor Swift

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Moon Light Kennels
Lunar Blossom Kennels
The Nexus Colony
The Pumet Region
The Veiled Jade
Umberfall
Tribe of the Bogland
Logclan

the name is bskt
my pronouns are she/her

bsktcase

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Katrione » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:22 am

From what I gathered from Vamp's post, the mated pair wouldn't be allowed to have kits together anymore, and then the leader would control who mates with who from then on. If that is how Vamp meant it, then we wouldn't allow it since it would fall under forced mating as the mated pair wouldn't have a say. And I do agree that disabled cats shouldn't be murdered off and discriminated against simply for having a disability. I also don't believe that eugenics is an okie thing (as in, breeding out an undesirable trait from a cat. Not breeding with someone's munchkin in hopes of getting a munchkin in the litter) As w0ah said in their reply, the game isn't realistic so we don't need to stick to realistic norms. Please take any further discussion of this to DMs!
Katrione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vampiress_fox » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:31 pm

please forgive for continuing this discussion, but i feel that i need to say this to the entire community. I hope that this is ok.

I want to say that i am sorry for starting this interesting, and sometimes heated, conversation with the idea that i had for my clan. I did not mean to get under anyone's skin or to start something that turned out bigger than what i ever thought it would become. I was just thinking out loud about what i could do with my clan.

I have nothing against anyone, and i am glad that this community is accepting of all. I have disabled family and friends, and i am partially disabled myself, so i know how it feels to be relegated to the back seat, kiddy table, and (to use a tern from one of my favorite movies) "Fresh meat for the grinder". that was not my intention at all, and i am very sorry for that.

When i was talking about controlling the breeding, i was thinking of doing something more in line with the concept that Kathryn Lasky set forth in her "Wolves of the Beyond" series, where she has a member of the wolf pack specifically for removing and disposing of pups that are born weak, sickly, or disabled, and then banishing the parents and forbidding them from mating again. She also set forth a concept where if such a pup as this survived and made it to a pack, whether it is their original or a different one, then the wolf would be accepted as the lowest ranking pack member.

It was just a string of ideas that i had thought up late at night and wanted to get peoples opinions on. Which i did get them, and i thank you all for your input.

I am very sorry for rubbing anyone the wrong way, it was not my intent to do so.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All Things Serve The Beam
Create-A-Parliament~Depository~My Raiders
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
~ Coding
xxxxxxxxxxx
vampiress_fox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jazz. » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:21 pm

september | sapphire
    username: spasticjazzhands
    clan: twistedclan
    - -
    cat's name: Sapphire (original, I know)
    prompt fill: Sapphire stared at the wiggling nest of kits at his paws. He was a little more than worried for these newborns as Pepto was as bright as a pile of rocks but he was still considered a kitten and his opinion on cats’ aptitude for parenting weren’t valued. There were five kits in total rounding up the number of cats in their rag-tag group up to twelve. The other cats begged to know the names of the kits but Pepto was recovering from a harrowing birth. She shooed the other cats away. Since Sapphire was the youngest member of the loner group by far, he slept near the new mother. The little mews distracted him and he ended up cleaning them while Pepto made sure each of them got a fair share of milk. “So what did you name them?” He asked the queen quietly. He liked the prospect of knowing information the others didn’t.
    “I guess I’ll tell you if you promise not to tell anyone before I do,” Pepto smiled slyly as he promised. “They are Eagle, Hawk, Robin, Sparrow, and Shrew.”
    “Those are nice names,” Sapphire said automatically though he didn’t think they were anything special. He did find it odd that all but one were different kinds of birds, but he was fond of his special name. The names of the kits weren’t anything to be concerned about.

The kits grew fast in the next few months and Pepto was surprisingly an okay mother. She kept her kits alive anyway. But winter came fast and hard leaving the loner group thin and weak. Soon Pepto was afflicted with greencough and on her death bed. Sapphire curled near her keeping an eye on her kits. He hadn’t meant to, but he had grown rather fond of them and acted as an older brother. But one question had to be answered. As Pepto’s breaths rattled in her chest, Sapphire leaned in close. “Why did you name all of your kits after birds except Shrew?”
    “Their father’s name was Falcon,”She rasped but paused, “What do you mean except Shrew?”
    “A shrew is a little field mouse, not a type of bird.”Sapphire stammered. He thought this was common knowledge.
    “I thought it was like a kind of sparrow.” Pepto’s last words left her lips as her eyes glazed over.
    “I knew it!” Sapphire interrupted the start of the grieving period for the fallen mother, “Pepto was a fool!”
    The leader of the rogue group swiped at his muzzle. “You must be respectful to others even if that means to play along with others harmless delusions.”
    “I’d rather be correct,” Sapphire haughtily said. He received another swipe. He must set out for a new group of cats, he decided, he was an adult now and wanted to find a place that valued the harsh truth.

i might add amethyst later since that's my birthstone
━━ ❝Ah,━━━━━━━━
"чσu dσn't knσw hσw hígh í cαn flч"
| shє/hєr | lσvєr σf hσrsєs |
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

xImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
IS THE
━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
links
┌─────┐
└─────┘

GOLDEN BOWL!━
THE SPIRIT FLOWN
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━
ImagexXImage
jazz.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bsktcase » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:23 pm

here is where you will find my birthstone entries c:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
❝ And I lost you
In New York, no shoes
Looked up at the sky
and it was maroon
- Taylor Swift

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Moon Light Kennels
Lunar Blossom Kennels
The Nexus Colony
The Pumet Region
The Veiled Jade
Umberfall
Tribe of the Bogland
Logclan

the name is bskt
my pronouns are she/her

bsktcase

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby [kat] » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:00 pm

my birthstone is ruby, but my boyfriend's is sapphire! which works out because the sapphire cat is my favorite one (:

September | Sapphire
    username: lyttlekytten
    clan: VagaryClan
    - -
    cat's name: Bluesky
    prompt fill: (2,119 words)

While certainly not unheard of, the chill that swept through the camp was unusual on a sunny newleaf day. A brief glance at the sky confirmed that the clouds were sparse, only dotting in small white splotches against clear blue. The sun was glaring at the peak of the day, and it should have been a fantastic time to sun. With a raised brow, Bluesky flicked his tail in agitation as another cool wind ruffled his fur. He gave a short huff and rose to his paws, wondering if he might find warmth somewhere else on the territory- the large stones near the waterfall could work.

Before he could set off, though, a familiar-sounding set of steps approached him, and he looked up to see his friend Fernglow coming closer. Amusement filled him to see her two kits, Cinderkit and Smokekit, tumbling over each other as they followed their mother. Their eyes were bright, glowing with the limitless wonder that kits carried with them. Cinderkit squealed with delight as she batted Smokekit's back paws out from under him. The little deaf tom, who was already stronger than his sister, got up with a mock indignant expression and pounced on her, easily bowling her over. Watching them filled Bluesky with warmth despite the cold weather- he hoped their blissful innocence would carry on for as long as possible. The world, in his opinion, was much too filled with lies and deception for souls as bright as theirs.

"You look comfortable," Fernglow knocked him from his thoughts with a teasing glint in her eyes. Bluesky scoffed.

"I can't believe it's this cold on a day like today. My name is literally Bluesky, and therefore the sky should comply with that and be normal when I want it to." Fernglow glanced up and quirked a brow at him.

"But the sky is blue."

"Wh- no, I mean blue and sunny, and-" Bluesky fumbled his words, realizing how he was contradicting himself while Fernglow was visibly trying to keep herself from laughing. Her emerald eyes were kind and familiar, and Bluesky knew he'd never be able to stay mad at her for long. "You know what I meant! It's a clear sky so it should be warm." He sighed and prodded his friend's flank playfully.

"Anyway. I'm heading to the waterfall- hopefully I'll have better luck there." He told her. Fernglow paused and tipped her head at him.

"Oh, you're leaving? I was just about to ask you for a favor, if that's alright." Her voice quieted and she suddenly looked a little nervous. Bluesky had never known the gray tabby to be particularly shy about anything, so he pressed a gentle paw to hers in an effort to be of comfort.

"Absolutely, what do you need?"

"Well... I was hoping to take Cinderkit and Smokekit to meet their father. He's a loner, but I'm pretty sure he still lives around here." Bluesky purred as Fernglow looked away in embarrassment and licked her chest fur a few times. He had heard a little from his friend about her mate before- his name was Darian and he was reportedly "very handsome" and "incredibly sweet." Bluesky had always enjoyed the way Fernglow seemed to light up when she spoke of how Smokekit had his eyes, and Cinderkit his nose. She was truly in love with the tom- another thing that Bluesky considered too pure for a world full of betrayal. However, there were at least some rays of light poking through that darkness, and Fernglow's affection for Darian was one of them. Bluesky sometimes wondered why her mate hadn't chosen to join her in VagaryClan, but he never asked, worried it would be a matter he had no business poking his nose in. He was content just listening to her ramble about how she couldn't wait to see him next, how she was certain her kits would love him, and how he would love them in turn.

Fernglow cleared her throat, but Bluesky cut in before she could speak.

"Yes, of course I'll go with you. Let's go find him." He meowed. Fernglow, practically beaming, turned and signed a quick message to Smokekit, who nodded and detached himself from his tussle with his sister. The mother led the small group through the fern tunnel and into the forest, and Bluesky brought up the rear, watching the kits trot along excitedly and wondering if he might one day have a family as beautiful as hers.

The forest was mostly quiet, save for the crunch of browning leaves under the cats' paws. Life among the trees was slow and peaceful today, and Bluesky wanted to enjoy the walk, but he couldn't help feeling like something was about to go wrong. His tail-tip twitched anxiously and he was grateful that Fernglow led the way, too busy smelling for signs of her mate to notice his nervousness. He distracted himself by watching Smokekit and Cinderkit as they followed their mother, occasionally poking each other in the side and pointing out various aspects of the forest. For a cat so young, Cinderkit was certainly determined- she was doing her best to sign rapidly to her brother while also trying to keep up. Smokekit didn't respond much besides a nod here and there, but his eyes were wide with awe as he surveyed the greenery around them. They were truly special kits, Bluesky decided, and even though he wasn't one of their parents, he would watch over them with the same level of care and love as if he was.

Suddenly Fernglow stopped short, and Bluesky knew she'd scented him. With her ears perked and posture straight, she peered around a tree and called out.

"Darian? Are you there?"

The bushes rustled and a frazzled-looking ginger tom shoved his way through, nearly knocking Fernglow over in his haste. Bluesky stayed back, wanting to be as respectful as possible to the reuniting mates, but he kept a watchful eye on the kits while their mother was distracted. And distracted she was, purring loudly and leaning forward to rub her cheek against Darian's.

"Um. Fern? Why are you here?" Darian asked, stepping back from her with a confused expression. The brief look of hurt on Fernglow's face made Bluesky's pelt itch, but it was quickly replaced with eagerness.

"I go by Fernglow now, and I... I brought your kits to meet you. They've been asking, and I thought you'd like to see them too!" Before Darian could say anything, Fernglow turned and wildly gestured for the two kits to come forward. Cinderkit bounded forward happily and plopped down right in front of her father, while Smokekit approached warily, seating himself beside his sister and wrapping his tail around his paws. Darian blinked at them for a moment, then took another step back.

"Well... that's nice. You should go now, though." He muttered, turning back the way he came. Bluesky had to keep his jaw from dropping. These were his children, and he had barely acknowledged them- or Fernglow, for that matter. It was all the blue tom could do to keep himself seated- this wasn't his business, and he didn't know this cat like Fernglow did, even if he certainly didn't seem like the charming and loving tom she'd described.

"U-um... this is Cinderkit, and this is Smokekit..." Fernglow stammered, nudging the kits forward again. Bluesky felt as helpless as she looked. Clearly she hadn't expected Darian to act this way, but he wasn't sure she would thank Bluesky if he interfered- she'd always been adamant about being able to fend for herself. But even she looked stunned when Darian whipped around to glare at her.

"I said you need to go." He hissed, tail lashing. Before she could react, another voice called out in the same direction Darian had come from.

"Darian? Where did you go? We're waiting for..." The voice revealed itself as a slender white she-cat slid through the bushes and stopped at the ginger tom's side. Her eyes narrowed as she took everything in- her green eyes flicked from Bluesky to the kits, then finally to Fernglow.

"Who are you?" She asked disinterestedly, focusing back on Darian, who looked even angrier now.

"I'm Fernglow, Darian's mate." The VagaryClan queen answered proudly. Darian looked away as the white she-cat stiffened and her gaze snapped back to Fernglow, eyes cold as ice.

"Excuse me," she growled. "I don't believe I heard you right. I'm Angel, Darian's mate." The last words came out in a snarl and she took a threatening step towards Fernglow. Just behind her, Bluesky could see two ginger-and-white faces poking out from around a tree, only somewhat older than Cinderkit and Smokekit. Rage began to boil in his blood as he realized what had happened.

"Don't worry about her, Angel, she's just someone I used to know moons ago... um, before I met you." Darian cooed, nosing the white she-cat affectionately. "She's a bit wrong in the head, it seems. Take the kits and get back to camp. We'll go on another walk later." Angel huffed but obliged anyway, stalking away and taking her two kittens with her. A few awkward moments of silence passed and once she was out of earshot, Darian hissed at Fernglow, who jumped back in surprise.

"I haven't talked to you in four moons, how did you not get the hint?" He spat. "Don't bring these kits near me. I don't care, I have a family to take care of." Fernglow gaped at him, her mouth opening and closing in shock. When she finally spoke, her voice was trembling.

"But... but I thought-"

"You thought wrong."

That was the last straw for Bluesky. He shot up from his place and crossed the clearing in a few large strides. Darian, who had clearly forgotten the toyger was there, was too surprised to react quickly enough when Bluesky unsheathed his claws and struck him across the face in one clean swipe. The ginger tom yowled in pain and leaped backwards.

"What the-"

"You lying, cheating foxheart!" Bluesky snarled, fire in his eyes and his fur bushed out. "Just because you messed up doesn't mean you get to back out on your own kits. They're your family too, and if you can't see how important they are, then you know what? You don't deserve them, or Fernglow. Now get out of my sight before I make you regret ever even breathing near your pretty little Angel."

Darian looked like he wanted to protest, but Bluesky stepped forward menacingly, letting his claws glint in the sunlight that filtered through the trees. The ginger tom spat at him before whirling around and disappearing into the trees, leaving a few drops of blood in his wake. Bluesky hissed after him in frustration, only just feeling the racing of his own heart as the adrenaline faded and was replaced with cold dread. He forced his fur to lie flat and tried to slow his breathing, too scared to turn and face his friend.

When he finally did, she was staring at the ground, picking at the dirt with her claws. Cinderkit and Smokekit looked confused and afraid, and Bluesky forced himself to gently lick the top of their heads before placing himself next to Fernglow. She leaned against him, still wordless.

"Come on. Let's get back to camp." He murmured, nudging her to her paws. She walked silently with her tail drooping and eyes to the ground, a sight that clawed at Bluesky's heart. Usually he prided himself on always knowing what to say, whether that meant making a cat laugh, offering advice, or giving words of comfort. But now, as he watched Fernglow pad away without a word, he felt his throat dry. He cursed at himself inwardly- the one time that he felt he really needed to be there for her, and he couldn't find the right words.

He sighed, and turned back to Smokekit and Cinderkit, and his heart broke even more at their saddened expressions. They didn't have to be adults to see how the light had dimmed in their mother's eyes, how the usual spring in her step was nowhere to be found. Bluesky felt a rush of protectiveness and knew he had to be there for them right now, when Fernglow couldn't be. He beckoned them along and made sure they stayed where he could see them before following them out, but not without a furious glance back at where Darian had disappeared.

While he wasn't sure what to say to his best friend right now, he made himself a silent promise- he was never going to let Darian near Fernglow or her kits again.

i𝙋𝘼𝙂𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙈𝙍. 𝙈𝙊𝙍𝙍𝙊𝙒. 𝙈𝙍. 𝙏𝙊𝙈 𝙈𝙊𝙍𝙍𝙊𝙒.
───────────────────────────────────────

██ Please contact Mr. Johnson in the control tower, ██
──────────────────────────────────────
✧ 𝙏𝙊 𝘾𝙊𝙉𝙁𝙄𝙍𝙈 𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙍 𝙁𝙇𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏 𝙏𝙊 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙊𝙉. ✧
-─────────────────Image──────────────────-

[kat]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grey_Hoodie » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:19 am

Heyyo, everyone!! One last quick reminder - Birthstone Event entries are due tomorrow!!
I will not be accepting any new entries past 11:59 pm MST, so make sure to link me to
where you're storing your entries if you still want a chance at winning one of the cats ^^

If you want to make sure you've sent in your entry, please check back to this list. If your
name is not there, please feel free to send me a pm c:

Good luck!!
Grey_Hoodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me