Voltron: Legendary Defender » Fanclub V1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: VLD Fanclub | NYCC Panel Nov. 5th

Postby Alfor » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:38 am

WolfireX wrote:
meerkat boi. wrote:
Alfor wrote:

Completely unrelated, but I'm currently working on an AU centered around Alfor being reincarnated! Its got all kinds of wild stuff going on in it and the plot is... kind of dark, honestly. He'll be an Altean/Human hybrid in the fanfic I'm writing. I'd share it when its posted, but I like writing violent fighting scenes n' such so I can't link it >>;

I'd like to hear other fan's thoughts though!

That sounds so cool! would you be able to pm it to me? I'd love to read it when it's finished :3

Tbh I almost feel like we all want to read it XD
but really can you pm us lol

I can PM you guys the title (and some important tags) when its published, but I probably won't directly link it just to be on the safe side! ;u;
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azphen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:19 am

Alfor wrote:
    Oooo there's another panel in october? I'll have to do some digging so I can add the info to the front!!! There's another that's on November 5th too (unless that's the one you meant) c:

I'm super excited for season 8! I feel like some people may hype themselves up way too much over certain things, though. This is something fans have done for the past 5-6 seasons. Its never a good idea to convince yourself that something very specific will happen, because there will be a very high chance it won't be a thing, and then you'll just end up disappointed and angry. Its actually pretty clever to avoid getting your hopes up. That way you get decent surprises, if the season reveals something you wanted happen!

Yes, apparently so! Kind of ironic, though, I've only heard of the one in October instead of the one in November. They're going to be showing a sneak peak of S8 along with the trailer.
    And I'm glad to hear you're excited! I'm not really expecting anything specific, just hoping my favorite boy gets treated better, yknow? The Feud was so hard to watch.

ImageImage
xxxxxxxxcall me azphen, az, lance—xxxxxxxx
whatever you want.

he/him. i like collecting things
Azphen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:08 pm

sharpshooter wrote:
Alfor wrote:
    Oooo there's another panel in october? I'll have to do some digging so I can add the info to the front!!! There's another that's on November 5th too (unless that's the one you meant) c:

I'm super excited for season 8! I feel like some people may hype themselves up way too much over certain things, though. This is something fans have done for the past 5-6 seasons. Its never a good idea to convince yourself that something very specific will happen, because there will be a very high chance it won't be a thing, and then you'll just end up disappointed and angry. Its actually pretty clever to avoid getting your hopes up. That way you get decent surprises, if the season reveals something you wanted happen!

Yes, apparently so! Kind of ironic, though, I've only heard of the one in October instead of the one in November. They're going to be showing a sneak peak of S8 along with the trailer.
    And I'm glad to hear you're excited! I'm not really expecting anything specific, just hoping my favorite boy gets treated better, yknow? The Feud was so hard to watch.

There's so many panels, sometimes its hard to keep track LOL

Honestly, huge agree. If I were in Lance's shoes I wouldn't feel too great being called the dumb one. I still don't know why they didn't really touch on Lance temporarily dying (or being nearly dead) in season 6. Unless Lance and Allura just... didn't tell anyone? There's a lot of mystery around that :'D
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 86Eternity » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:02 am

Lmao I just got called homophobic about this but I am going to ask for some other opinions.

What are your opinions on people headcanon Shiro as bisexual or pansexual? Or ships such as Shallura?

Personally I'm 100% fine with it but have recently encountered some people who aren't.
I'll respect your opinion no matter what it is, I'm just curious to see what other people think. ^^
You encounter a loud British man.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX[Say hi]
[Not today]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

86Eternity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:56 pm

A lot of people still headcanon Shiro as bi or pan, and as a gay man I don't see anything wrong with it? Someone who's bi/pan/etc isn't suddenly straight just because they date someone of the opposite gender. I think its perfectly fine to headcanon characters with whatever you want! People really need to stop claiming others are homophobic over the tiniest thing. You're still headcanoning him with a sexuality that's LGBTQ+... so I really don't see what their problem is? I guess some people are just desperate to find something to be negative about and attack other people for.

(im on mobile, apologizes for any typos!)
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naxa » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:52 am

King Of Bleps wrote:
Lmao I just got called homophobic about this but I am going to ask for some other opinions.

What are your opinions on people headcanon Shiro as bisexual or pansexual? Or ships such as Shallura?

Personally I'm 100% fine with it but have recently encountered some people who aren't.
I'll respect your opinion no matter what it is, I'm just curious to see what other people think. ^^

ACK I've mentioned the fact I ship Shallura to people before and they just go 'but he's gay' and I'm over here like... 'BRUH', I feel forced to be quiet about it out of fear of starting tension and it annoys me so much.

My opinion on Shallura would be that its a good ship and it used to be my otp until Allurance (Hehe...please don't hate on me) took that spot in my mind.
____________________I'm here to save you____________________
Naxa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 86Eternity » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:12 am

Aha you guys share a similar opinion to me. Honestly, it's someone's headcanon. It's not like Shallura shippers are denying Shiro's canon homosexuality.

I personally am fine with almost all ships. I literally don't care about most of 'em as they're fictional characters.

Me and a friend of mine kept commenting on the post and they ended up deleting it. Sure it was a little immature of me but they did call me, a homosexual, homophobic and they also called me a 'literal dumbass'.

It seems people are fine with headcanoning someone as another sexuality until it's a ship they don't like...

However I do see why people might be offended but I personally don't think it's as big of a deal as somw people make it out to be.

86Eternity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bubbled » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:22 am

I 100% agree with you guys. I’m ok with pretty much every ship except for seith for personal reasons I believe that you should be allowed to ship anything unless it is illegal, or abusive.
Bubbled

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby werewolfisms » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:39 am

King Of Bleps wrote:

So by this logic someone who thinks Keith is Gay is suddenly trying to force a sexuality on others?? Idk, personally I headcanon Shiro as pan but ..insert shruggy emoji here..
werewolfisms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 86Eternity » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:44 am

To be honest I didn't even know that it had been said that Shiro was homosexual. I just heard he had a fiance. That was it.

Was it ever said he was exclusively homosexual? I must have missed that. Heh.

86Eternity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me