Voltron: Legendary Defender » Fanclub V1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ᐯOᒪTᖇOᑎ ᒪEGEᑎᗪᗩᖇY ᗪEᖴEᑎᗪEᖇ

Postby .galaxy. » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:56 pm

Honestly I'm only on episode 5 or 6 of the new season and after all the negative reviews I've seen about the rest I genuinely don't know if I'm even gonna bother watching it.
.galaxy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bubbled » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:23 pm

SPOILERS
I am disappointed. Season 7 was so hyped up yet it crumbled to pieces.
Lance still hasn’t gotten an arc yet Keith has gotten like three!
Lance x allura feel rushed, and forced. Don’t get me wrong it’s a good ship however voltron crew has hinted klance for such a long time. They queer baited us! >:c
Oh ya they killed off Adam right away. They didn’t even give us a tearful moment of him and Shiro reuniting. Like nope let’s kill Adam off even though almost everyone likes him and he is a lgbtq+ Represent.
And nothing really made me cry. Only a little of when lance reunited with his family who bairly talked!

I really hope season 8 won’t be this bad.
Bubbled

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby werewolfisms » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:10 am

sorta spoiler-ish for s7:
I didn't really get the Popsicle teaser. all they had was Ezor/Zethrid like, picking her up??? idk man, feelin baited. :(

also hunk dont have two mamas :(
werewolfisms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby meerkat boi. » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:06 am

i haven't even watched the season yet because I'm in a country and it's not available to watch so..

but from what ive read so far i just don't even know man..

spoilers;

i really don't think it's fair that they queerbaited us.
    also why the heck did they kill adam? why??
    where the hell did Keith x axca come from?? I've only ever seen them as siblings or something.
    im glad that hunk gets an arc.

I just.. *deep sigh*
    i can't even with DreamWorks rn

┏━►►━━━━━━━┓
this is a wip
┖━━━━━━━◄◄━┚
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

meerkat boi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 86Eternity » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:28 am

'Ello dudes. It'sa me. That dude who only drops in when a new season is out. Terrible right? Spoilers below, lucky me has already watched the season. I waited to watch the season today, I didn't watch the recording posted on youtube of the first episode or whatever.

Spoilers::
So! New season! It was a nice length at 13 episodes but that means I can't really remember everything. Ehhh.
Few points though I'm gonna make. I have no complaints for the new season. I liked it a lot.
Well... I don't like Shiro's new arm at all. I guess I'll get used to it but I'm not a big fan of the floatiness.
So maybe I have a few smol tiny complaints but I trust that Dreamworks knows what they're doing for the final season.
Not a fan of Griffin or James or whatever his name was. I don't know why, just not a fan of him... Guess we didn't get good first impressions eh?
Love our new female characters. Erzor and Zethrid definitely have a thing, fight me. Evil power couple and I am loving them.
Cosmo is great too! Though I really wanna know why Keith didn't wanna name him- scared to make any more attachments maybe? That lovely cliffhanger they left us on though! An altean! I really can't wait till the next season.
And the Atlas! The Atlas has a lot of potential, though I still prefer the Castle of Lions. Really missing my favourite ship ;-;
The scene where they were all lost in space was good, really showed the tensions between the team and Hunk saving the day was great! Really can't wait to see where his development goes.

I know we were all wanting Adam and Shiro to meet once again, maybe it was queerbaiting. I'm still hoping for some LGBT content, I think my lesbian power couple (Zethrid and Erzor) might be able to fill in there. It was sad Adam got killed off so soon, hopefully we'll see Shiro reflecting on it in the next season.

Edit: Ahah I was reading some of the other reviews. Man. I'm happy I was just able to enjoy the season. Yeah, we all got queerbaited which sucks but they're flying lions around in space and fighting robots?? Come on, there's more to the show than the romantic side. I don't even tend to notice it now. I know the queerbaiting sucks and all and there was a lot of hype for the relationships Shadam and Klance but... Back to the previous point, they're fighting robots and aliens in space.

Also I don't think Axca and Keith have anything romantic. The comments Axca made were not romantic, at least I don't think so. I believe they're probably related in some way. >.>
Last edited by 86Eternity on Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
You encounter a loud British man.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX[Say hi]
[Not today]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

86Eternity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paperjack. » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:35 am

Spoilers for Season 7 [and basically a sorta negative rant] below:

Okay, so, I'm completely rewriting this after reading previous rants on here.

I personally thought the season was okay, it sorta fell short compared to the last. What bothers me the most is the "queer baiting" that has happened. I was so excited for Shiro, he really deserved to see Adam again and reunite, but what do we get? A dead Adam. To say I'm upset is a complete understatement--there was no reason to kill him off, and I hoped that Adam didn't die when the ship exploded, and I held onto that until the end of the season only to be hit in the face with that memorial. Shiro being gay was such an amazing thing, it showed that we can have LGBTQ+ representatives in kid shows, but they seemed like they were too afraid to do anything with it. They just said he had this sexuality, then did nothing with it except with banter that could easily be misinterpreted as them being close friends or family.

Don't get me wrong, I do not hate allurance, but it was so unsettling to watch. Allura didn't even know about Lance's feelings until last season, and she just continued frolicking with Lotor regardless. Where did these feelings even come from? The only reason I can't deal with allurance being endgame is because of how mistreated he is by the writers sometimes (even if it's all buildup to his arc). It just doesn't feel right, y'know? I might be bias, but even a friend of mine who loves Allura (and Lance) cant even fathom that endgame. Something that bugs me is that Allura might want to return to the Alteans once they find them again, and Lance loves his family and Earth too much to leave again (especially with what they just went through). What would actually happen if they did get to together? Would Allura stay or would Lance have to sacrifice his well being or something? Allura is fine, but it gives me bad vibes when she basically sprung off Lotor and onto Lance in a heartbeat. Poor guy doesn't need any more heartbreak and problems. Besides that, their relationship feels forced, rushed, and all the above. Wonder what they'll do with it.

Another thing is Klance. Something so unbelievably hyped up and showered with canonical evidence, parallels, and support from the Voltron team and fans that I am so utterly baffled by what they just did. I can stand allurance, but what I cannot stand is Keith x Acxa. What made them go, "Let's make Keith get with that girl who was Lotor's general". All their interactions were basically fighting, and Keith saved her that one time, but that's it. They never really talked outside of this season, and it is nonsensical to make them suddenly romantic. Keith can be straight, that's fine, but you can't just throw in this ship legit nobody has even considered before cause most of the fandom viewed them as siblings. I am holding onto the edge of my seat just waiting for there to be some big surprise or turnaround in these ships. I can't hate Keith for how much they give him arcs and development, he is a wellrounded character, but Dreamworks needs to figure out what they're doing with him in the romance department--I would take him being alone than with Acxa, cause that makes more sense than whatever they threw at us.

I did cry from this season, but it wasn't for any of the above reasons. Hunk's development was long awaited, and it was great. It made me really sad to see his family not waiting for him. Shiro seeing Adam had died was a bit disheartening, especially because he needed good news after all he has been through. Krolia looking at her husband's grave, that was emotional. Also Krolia leaving Keith and watching them hug. I feel so excruciatingly bad for Lance, he deserves a lot more then what he is getting. He has just been slapped around for the last 3 seasons, and his arc better do him justice.

Plus sides: I loved the interactions between all the paladins and the development on their relationships. I'm not all over Shiro's new arm, but it's okay and at least he got one again. Yet again, Hunk got an arc, and that is all I could ever ask for. Coran got a ship to pilot, and I'm so happy about that. Also, since they all aged 3 years, Keith is technically 24 and Shiro is almost 30! All of them are getting so old :"))

It was really disappointing, I expected more from them returning to Earth, but it wasn't absolute garbage to me. Could have been done better though, and some of the fighting felt grueling (Count how many times their lions powered down this season). It was still good to me though.
Last edited by paperjack. on Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
pj • she/he/they
paperjack.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:14 am

Hello I'm totally not dead life is just a living hell sometimes

I won't say any spoilers, but I legitimately cannot stand the overall negativity going around (especially regarding ships). Its making me extremely uncomfortable with how vicious people are right now. Especially on tumblr. I follow some pretty chill VLD blogs and they're being relentlessly attacked by others in the fandom, just because they said they liked season 7.

Like its 100% okay to dislike this season or even flat-out hate it for your own personal reasons, but hhhhhhghgjgf I can't deal with how vile people are being over a frickin' kids show. Dear lord.
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chlorophyll » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:18 am

Alfor wrote:

I won't say any spoilers, but I legitimately cannot stand the overall negativity going around (especially regarding ships). Its making me extremely uncomfortable with how vicious people are right now. Especially on tumblr. I follow some pretty chill VLD blogs and they're being relentlessly attacked by others in the fandom, just because they said they liked season 7.

Like its 100% okay to dislike this season or even flat-out hate it for your own personal reasons, but hhhhhhghgjgf I can't deal with how vile people are being over a frickin' kids show. Dear lord.

I totally agree. I admit I've only watched the first couple episodes atm, but still I'm not complaining over here. I liked having some insight on Spacedad(tm) and Keith? So far I've liked it all in general, and I mean, I'm fine with yall not liking it but like Alfor said, it's a bit uncomfortable with the level of negativity.

Umm... How about we, uh, talk about what we liked instead? :<
𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----venn / veee / leafy | agenderflux | they / he
----inactive for the most part sorry!
----sometimes i miss oekaki too much tho
----------------------------------------------------
𝐢 '𝐦 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝!
--------------------♪ ♫ ♬ (flash warning) --------------------------------------
chlorophyll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 86Eternity » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:23 am

WolfireX wrote:
Alfor wrote:

I totally agree. I admit I've only watched the first couple episodes atm, but still I'm not complaining over here. I liked having some insight on Spacedad(tm) and Keith? So far I've liked it all in general, and I mean, I'm fine with yall not liking it but like Alfor said, it's a bit uncomfortable with the level of negativity.

Ahah! Finally! Some more people who liked the season!
I understand some of the negativity but haven't dared to venture onto Tumblr yet... But you guys are right. It's a kids show.
You encounter a loud British man.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX[Say hi]
[Not today]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

86Eternity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:26 am

King Of Bleps wrote:
WolfireX wrote:
Alfor wrote:

Ahah! Finally! Some more people who liked the season!
I understand some of the negativity but haven't dared to venture onto Tumblr yet... But you guys are right. It's a kids show.

Tumblr is an absolute mess. Just warning y'all now its not pretty. People are going absolutely bonkers over things not being canon and a ton of other stuff.. meanwhile I'm just sitting in a corner wheezing uncomfortably at the overwhelming amount of negativity and chaos.
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me