Voltron: Legendary Defender » Fanclub V1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: ᐯOᒪTᖇOᑎ ᒪEGEᑎᗪᗩᖇY ᗪEᖴEᑎᗪEᖇ

Postby Alfor » Sun May 27, 2018 3:01 pm

I'm going to fully admit that kind of thing is what originally made me super hesitant to watch Voltron and join the fandom. I rarely ever watch panels but I have seen them before... and in my opinion NSFW ship questions are pretty rude and uncomfortable, especially if that ship isn't even canon. You have to take both the VAs and the people attending the panel into consideration. There will be minors and parents in the crowd for sure. If its not an NSFW panel, don't ask NSFW questions!
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azphen » Sun May 27, 2018 4:34 pm

Sorry for not being clear in my first post in regards to the panel. Let me clarify: there were ship questions, but they weren't nsfw. Asking ship questions when they're clearly not going to be answered is bad enough, but that was a whole separate thing from what I was mainly referring to.
    I'm just gonna tell y'all what happened. Don't read on if you're uncomfortable with this kind of stuff.
    On one occassion, a fan came up to Keaton with a Shiro "tiddy" mousepad and asked him to sign it with "thicc-tron". Not only that, but to hold it and pose for a picture that would be posted on Twitter. He looked visibly uncomfortable in the picture. Very uncomfortable.

On another occasion, another fan approached him and asked him to look through a VERY suggestive nsfw Shiro zine (which is a collection of art pieces made by multiple different artists), which he also felt uncomfortable about and did his best to play it off with jokes.

link to mousepad picture here
    link to zine video here

I didn't really want to go into more detail than necessary. It's been a day and I still want to throw up.
Last edited by Azphen on Sun May 27, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
xxxxxxxxcall me azphen, az, lance—xxxxxxxx
whatever you want.

he/him. i like collecting things
Azphen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Sun May 27, 2018 5:22 pm

Pfff you're fine fam. Misunderstandings happen from time to time! Its happened before which is why I mentioned it, because some people just have zero chill. Unfortunately no fandom is safe from people like that. I agree ship questions can be really uncomfortable in general. Its also just flat out awkward when you ask something that isn't going to be answered RIP. As for that... oOF. I don't understand why people approach voice actors about that kind of stuff without even asking if they're comfortable with it? If they say it makes them uncomfortable, you should respect that choice.

The general subject does not bother me at all, especially since I am an adult, but it does make me pretty upset when people make others uncomfortable like that. You should always be respectful about someone's limits. This includes asking them if (insert whatever here) is okay or not to talk about/etc. Just because the voice actor is an adult does not mean they are automatically okay with so-and-so.

I can definitely see where the second-hand embarrassment came from! I've had my fair share of feeling that.

You didn't have to go into detail if you didn't want to!! I do appreciate the more in-depth explanation, but if it upsets you please don't force yourself to talk about it! I can always harass one of my friends, who are fellow voltron nerds, for the deets.
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby werewolfisms » Sun May 27, 2018 7:02 pm

Aha, man. I looked at that pic, and Josh is doing what I do, just play it off. He’s obviously incredibly uncomfortable.
Last edited by werewolfisms on Mon May 28, 2018 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
werewolfisms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ » Mon May 28, 2018 12:48 am

There's a reason I don't interact with the vast majority of the fandom. Like y'all are pretty chill for the most part, but man some of the stuff I see across Tumblr is awful.

The Tumblr fandom has shown me everything from basic ship hate, to some of the VAs getting harassed? Like some of the stuff I saw on Tumblr was about Josh's whole family getting roped into the hate. That's not cool. It's not cute. Nor is it funny. It's how you break people and make them quit. Like....... Does that part of the Fandom want an episode that kills Shiro because they drive Josh away?

Ugh. And I try to avoid this stuff, too. The only time I'm searching stuff is to see what fanart has cropped up, but you can't search any Shiro ship without finding hate. In the posts, in the tags, and in the art sometimes too, honestly.

I just have to hope that they finish the series before anything gets worse, ya'know?
Image -...-...-...-ImageImage1,059,569 Image1,189Image-...-...-...-Image

My Dragon Cave Thread
_____________________________________________________________________________________
ImageImageImageImageImage
"....I wish it'd start rainin' money."
Websites to find me on: wrote:
Chicken Smoothie

Flight Rising
Eldemore
Beast Keeper
Wajas

**Lioden
Imagex 492 (M) Imagex 543 (S)
** Lioden is not linked as it is a 16+ Website, however I did still want to list it as something I'm on.

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naxa » Wed May 30, 2018 12:38 pm

Noni Gailin Ayrenin~ wrote:
There's a reason I don't interact with the vast majority of the fandom. Like y'all are pretty chill for the most part, but man some of the stuff I see across Tumblr is awful.

The Tumblr fandom has shown me everything from basic ship hate, to some of the VAs getting harassed? Like some of the stuff I saw on Tumblr was about Josh's whole family getting roped into the hate. That's not cool. It's not cute. Nor is it funny. It's how you break people and make them quit. Like....... Does that part of the Fandom want an episode that kills Shiro because they drive Josh away?

Ugh. And I try to avoid this stuff, too. The only time I'm searching stuff is to see what fanart has cropped up, but you can't search any Shiro ship without finding hate. In the posts, in the tags, and in the art sometimes too, honestly.

I just have to hope that they finish the series before anything gets worse, ya'know?

That sounds horrible! Its really sickening the things people will do for such a stupid thing like ships. That's why I'm hoping NOTHING becomes cannon, because the directors would just be feeding the uncool fans who are doing this stuff.

I like how Josh is proud to be the voice of Shiro, but I feel that eventually, he will get tired of this crud that's going around over stupid ships...

I'm so upset right now upon hearing about this. It makes me want to leave the VLD Fandom and cease all shipping, but you guys are so chill about ships its awesome. When I told someone I don't ship Klance on CS, they didn't freak out or nothing, they didn't push the 'why' behind my answer, they just accepted it and moved on.
____________________I'm here to save you____________________
Naxa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Wed May 30, 2018 3:16 pm

Tumblr is a cesspool for every fandom in existence. I only go there for the fanart... and to maybe post fanart myself if I'm comfortable enough posting it. As long as you block anyone you see being particularly nasty or toxic, you should be fine! Even anons eventually go away if you ignore them completely (you can also turn off anon asks and have other options to restrict contact with people you don't know). Since I mostly have ships regarding the OG paladins and their generation, I've managed to avoid a lot of ship drama XD

Its really crappy what people do IRL though. Some people just don't understand there are lines not meant to be crossed :/
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LightningWolfStorm » Thu May 31, 2018 3:59 am

Are you up to date || Yes
Favorite Character ||Shiro!
Favorite Paladin ||Shiro
Favorite Lion ||Green Lion
Your Ships ||hmmm.... I don't have any real ships for Voltron.
Other || Rover needs some love. Bring him back! Lotor is also cool.
LightningWolfStorm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Thu May 31, 2018 8:17 am

LightningWolfStorm wrote:Are you up to date || Yes
Favorite Paladin ||Shiro

yES ROVER SOMEONE REMEMBERS HIM

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (they/she)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naxa » Thu May 31, 2018 10:41 am

axelandria wrote:
LightningWolfStorm wrote:Are you up to date || Yes
Favorite Paladin ||Shiro

yES ROVER SOMEONE REMEMBERS HIM

I'm so sorry but...I had to stare at the name Rover for a few moments before remembering who he was. :?
____________________I'm here to save you____________________
Naxa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me