Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26: Weekly Theme!

Postby redhorizon » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:49 pm

Man, it's been sO long since I last posted here! It's about time I pop back in and catch everyone up on stuff haha. I've gotten a billion new characters, so I'll just stick to my sonas for introductions, and then I'll get to my ads!

LONG, IMAGE HEAVY POST WARNING

by onlyhalfpigeon

This boy is my main sona, and he's my pride and joy. He's a soft, sad bundle of love who wants to join the airforce when he's older (like his brother)! He's one of my favorite ocs to draw, and he's fun to play with expressions lol.

by choco on FP

Then we've got this little angel! She's playful and sweet, and honestly she lives life with her head in the clouds. She looks for the small joys in life, and she's often considered pretty childlike. She's just bubbly and happy pretty much all the time lmao.

lines by onlyhalfpigeon, design by crevan

This dude is my newest sona! I got him yesterday, so I haven't quite come up with much development for him. I know that he's going to be the charming brains of the bunch. He's got his head on straight, and he has his eye on the prize.

With introductions out of the way, I'll move on to sharing some art <3

by me

I drew this of my kalon, Clover, a few weeks ago! I love her so much, and this was my first time really trying to draw something on oekaki haha.

by me

I also drew this of another of my kalons, Boot lmao. He's just so calming and fun to draw <3

by me

And lastly, I drew this of my fursona! I loved working with his expression and it was a really good vent piece.

Alright, and finally, some advertisements!

First of all, I'm back on DA everyone! Here is my account, I would love if you guys could check it out. Commissions are open! USD is preferred over points, but I'll accept whatever really. I also do things other than what the widget lists, just dm me! <3

And I'm also looking to buy/sell/trade some ocs! I have 2 omgsr pets (including a non) to offer for HQ characters, and I have tons of characters for sale and trades! Here is a link to the thread that gives some more information <3

That's everything! It's good to be back lol. I'll just toss some quick replies and be on my way uwu

@Rabbitheart - oh my gosh that jbd is so pretty! I'm living for those designs, and the colors are so lovely! Congrats on her <3 And the art you did for your entry is so good and funny haha, great work <3 AND THE ART YOU GOT OF HER FROM THE SERVER- man she's a gem.
@paradiiso - welcome! hope you have a good time here <3
@sun bear - HONESTLY WHAT A MOOD- I'm with you there, its embarrassing how many I actually have lol
@Rinovo - Welcome as well! Your favorite character is so cute omg <3
@Raven_Wolf - Your art is really nice, wow! I may pm for a trade/request, thanks so much for offering <3
@PerroCharro - That's so kind, thanks for doing that omg. I'll definitely go check out your sales/trades as well! ^^

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raven_Wolf » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:55 am

@booshweasel - I love all of your characters, but the Greyhound is my favorite (I want to adopt a retired racing greyhound some day)
@Rabbitheart - Your JBD is adorable! ^^
@Rinovo and paradiiso - Welcome to the group! ^-^

I did art of my JBD, Izzy, for the first time in a long time. I love her too much not to do art for too long

If anyone wants art of their JBD, I still haven't gotten anyone who wants a request yet
ImageImage
Raven_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaerou » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:05 pm

hello caaa!! it's been a while since i posted here, but i've got a few things to share.

first off, i got this lovely design by @sucioperro on deviantart!
    his name is aspen! ' please ignore the watermarks.
    he's a very shy boy who loves the outdoors and he spends a lot of his money on japanese paper craft kits and all kinds of tea.
    he's into the whole 'soft boy aesthetic' and sunflowers are his favorite flower. he dabbles in film-making and hopes to take part in a vintage-y/retro documentary.

next up, i got some headshots of my handsome boys, vernon and damien!
    drawn by the amazing @ashleylun on deviantart.
    linked because of size
    and this little icon of vernon by the talented @raddishes on toyhouse!

finally, a lil' advertising. i'm selling characters here! mainly looking for usd, but i may take list pets and other characters into consideration!
    and looking for art trades!! my examples can be found in the gallery on my deviantart (@invisiblush), please pm me w your examples, thank you!

@raven_wolf i love izzy's design and you drew her beautifully! i've always admired jbds- they're adorable.
    @booshweasel congratulations on the new cuties! jager's design is so nice-- i like those soft browns and the addition of space patterns is clever. and your drawing of him is adorable!
    @rabbitheart cassamea is so pretty! congratulations- i can't wait to see her around.
    @bullserk it's fascinating to me to see others taking characters from their childhood and revamp/incorporate them into a current character world. can't wait to see more of eukarya.
    @siddy oml i love fanta. her concept is very unique and so precious aaaa. congrats on the cutie and the art of her is very sweet!
    @moonlight_girl grems have always caught my eye. i love the colors- congrats!
Last edited by kaerou on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaerou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Malleus » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:16 am

Rolls in so I need help--

I really want to buy a boi but they only take paypal--

Is there anyone who'd be willing/able to exchange 700 DA points for $7? ;;w;

Please shoot me a PM if so, it'd help me a lot!!

Edit;; Puts my hands together bless thank you Aniki, now I am all set ;;w;;

@taro bite Oh that's a super pretty design!! I love natural looking designs for ferals, and the colors all look lovely together!
@Raven-Wolf Aww what a cute JBD! You have an adorable art style ;w;
@booshweasel MAYA IS SO MUCH FLUFF AND I LOVE HER? WHAT A BABBY AHH ;;
Malleus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Glass Doe » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:21 pm

@Takumi - glad you got someone to help!
@Raven_Wolf - oof i havent seen a JDB in so long, what a throwback
@booshweasel - Jager is so pretty, I love stars in designs
No matter who you are,
what you look like, or where you're from...
You deserve love & acceptance
just like anyone else!

-Michigan-
The Glass Doe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kat » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:52 pm

I'm crying. I recently acquired a dream character of mine. His name is Freak, and he's an alien doggo.

Designed by ikumohpo.

I also took a small break from commissions to draw one of my own characters. This was kind of a vent piece. One of my rl dogs recently passed away and my pet rat had to go through a particularly risky surgery. All in the same day. So, I was a bit of a wreck and just needed to draw something to vent a bit. So, I drew my sleep deprived character, Max. I quite like how it turned out.

@Marilu.: Best of luck with the sales!
@taro bite: Your new character is beautiful. I love his colors. The little personality you've given him is also cute. The new art you've gotten is also lovely. c:
@Raven_Wolf: Aw!! I love your art style! It's so cute.
@booshweasel: Love all of your new characters. They're all so beautiful. Your new art is also amazing. I love your style!
Kat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Glass Doe » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:43 am

Wanted to share this art of my mightyena that I did
;u; I'm so proud

@kat i love freaks color pallet wow
@taro bite i love the natural colors of aspen <3 what a good boi
@booshweasel mmm jagers star design, yes please
No matter who you are,
what you look like, or where you're from...
You deserve love & acceptance
just like anyone else!

-Michigan-
The Glass Doe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raven_Wolf » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:13 am

I wanna start a challenge. If you can remember who the first character you ever had was, draw them and show your on here. If you can't remember your first character or if you have since traded/sold your first character, just draw the one you currently have had the longest (I will participate too). This might be a little something to help everyone with being stuck at home with this whole social distancing that is happening (I hope everyone is making out ok btw)

@Marilu - that is an awesome sketch
@Kat - Freak is adorable
@taro bite - Aspen is a beautiful doggo

For those who might be looking for something different, I have a bunch of OTA adopts I have recently made. Here are some highlights:
ImageImage
Raven_Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinful_Lies » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:34 pm

@Marilu. That art is so good!
@Rabbitheart I love Cassamea. And her art is so good, especially the car salesman meme.
@booshweasel Maya is so fluffy. *eyes*

Got some new characters.
By Kage
I am so hyped to have been able to snag one of their designs. He needs a name though, suggestions are appreciated.

By Loxosceles
Bought this sweetheart from Loxosceles, his name is Clancy and he is the boy above's partner in crime. Clancy has trouble sleeping and is into computers.
Extra art

xx│ She/Her │ xx
Semi Active
PFP made by faded_dreams11 and Sig art by aortic

FRKalons
Sinful_Lies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coconutcoyote » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:05 pm

okay god I’ve gotten a lot of characters in the past couple weeks oopsie,, image heavy post ahead

My girl sunshine, created by mochi-tes! Purchased for $25

My STILL unnamed monster created by Snafubravado! Acquired from a design trade

larkspur, $25

and alex, both created by red beanie! this dude was $20

and just about everyone in here :0
    You can see why I may be considered addicted LMAO
coconutcoyote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me