Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.25- SECRET SANTA

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.25- CHAR CHALLENG

Postby mal du pays » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:58 pm

@Hawky<3; all that art is gorgeous <3
@Mikuru; shredder's gonna do his best with learning. both art pieces are super cute! <3

I've got a couple pieces of Synth that I bought! <3

both by sixbane

by ege
<3

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(The figure opens its mouth...)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Michael (Mal) - He/they/it - adult
the world's most normal petscop enjoyer
I like Deltarune, drawing, warrior cats, and sonic the hedgehog.
werm time

DeerKiri
click my magistream guys pease

Kalons - Storkies
My OCs - My Kalons - Storkies Archive - Stars Archive
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(and speaks.)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ocean Eye » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:01 pm

My tablet is still not fixed whaa
so I fired up my noob pixel making skills and did this thing of Mae
by me

Buuuuttt than I got these two lovely pieces of Xander (first) and Lucius (bottom) by Necrophade! <3
These made my day omg *w*
by Necrophade @CS/@DA

by Necrophade @CS/@DA

@Hawky<3 - lovely art!
@TheArcaneKitsune - great style! Looks super cute
@IdolDream - beautiful new character! Love the colors <3
@Takura. - Synth is adorable and so is the art!

How many unnamed characters do you have? What's the longest time it's taken for you to name a character?

None! I usually come up with a name right away since I can't stand having unnamed character haha

Do you find yourself drawn to particular species more than others?

I used to only draw animals but now I find myself drawing mostly humans/humanoids |D

♥"A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor." ♥
Ocean Eye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ede » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:03 pm

how do my commission prices look? anything i need to change?

oo your prices are wayyyyyyyyyy too low!! think of points like money - $1 = 100 points. so far you are offering a shaded fullbody for $1.10 which is extremely cheap since you spend roughly 2 and a half hours on one. yes, they are cheap which will encourage buyers but you are not getting payment for all the work you put in. you also need to value your art.
i'd suggest you start pricing your art at the minimum $3 / 300 and go up from there for your fullbodies.

its very hard to price your comms especially if you're still finding a style/reliable customers/etc, i have the same problems. you should "Lurk around a bit and check price lists of other people that are at your level of work. Use it as a guideline. Beware of the underpricing artists though! Remember not to go below the minimum wage and check twice to make sure you didn't stumble upon someone who's undervaluing themselves! " (taken from the journal linked below)

here is a journal about pricing your art? not sure how much it will help you but anyway goodluck with your prices!
ede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coyoteclaw11 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Guess who got their hands on a Toyhou.se~!

((altho looking around I'm getting a little anxious haha ppl have some pretty quality stuff here yIKES))

O
O
O

╔═════════════════════╗
Heyo, I'm Coyote!
| | ⚓︎ | © |

╚═════════════════════╝
Coyoteclaw11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shatterhowl » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:46 pm

Will probably do an art dump in the next post - leaving these little replies - sorry I couldn't reply to everyone!!

- - - - - Replies - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@Solloby - Aww! They are so cute. Really love Keyotothefox's design, It really brings together the color palette :0
@pinehound - Good luck with your search, Nice character, the brown tones are really appealing ^.^
@SnooshiSushi - Ooh! Definitely going to check that out. I really love your pixels QwQ
@Asa Willow - Good luck with your development, Your characters are always lovely c: I really love the art you made. The expressive side of it are just perfect~
@Takura. - Oh my- 11 years! It's amazing how long you've had Striker and how much development you've done Tak. It's really inspiring c':
@Sixbane - Cutest Couple 2017 ... I saw the other piece, they are both lovely. They are so cute eeeeee!! </3 That piece by quantumjinx is really something as well! :0
@capone. - Good luck with that Cap!! Hope all goes well with that cx
@IrishRascal - That kitten is so cute QwQ His art is so purr-fect!
@Kessler - Haha Bolu is definitely one of my favorite designs so far :0 The little sushi is so cute on them! So precious x3 Rayne reminds me so much of a tropical skittles/jolly rancher, sooooo fun and festive </3
@DragonLoverHere - Good luck! Really hope it all works out in the end ;w; Never forget to follow your dreams! Pursuit your side of happiness!
@NulliusNominis - oooooh! They are so cute, I don't doubt why you love them to pieces cx >> Leafstorm515 are so lovely :0 Sweet adopt by the way, gotta love those blues and oranges much so.
@CSMintCat - Gorgeous Kai, Definitely you can see the work and effort you put into them c: Nice art by the way! Love your style!
@Mikuru Senpai - Name really fits, i thought of teenage mutant ninja turtles r.i.p very cute c: All the art is so sweet </3
@ede - Here you go~ <3 Good luck with your research!
Do you prefer auctions or flatsales? Why? - I prefer flatsales majority of the time because it's a set price, but sometimes auctions are nice because flatsales in my opinion go ... so ... fast!!
Do you prefer designs that are based off something, ie. animals, tv shows, etc? - I really love to see designs that are based off of stuff like herbs or themes like mint dhole or so c:
@IdolDream - Oh! Cool species, already interested c: Maybe something like idon or ion from smilodon. Maybe starting with a 'v' or 'q'? Something with 'nu'? Vesperidon? Vesxtuionu?? Quantunuion? Qualidon? Don't know, just throwing out ideas :'D Good luck with names!
sorry for such a long post ;w;

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
shatterhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HP Fan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:53 pm

i've gotten some art!
    my unnamed cakeosaur, TV, Tibbers, Andrew, Fenwick (and Kodiak), and Cody
    a group shot by the lovely Firefly.

by Asa Willow

i'm looking to buy character! mainly human characters, because i have an idea i want to write, and i need a character to picture. i will, however, look at non-human hq characters~

i can offer da points and any characters here
    please pm me with characters you have for sale c:
daredevil has been my life for the past year and a half. please watch it, you wont regret it.

HP Fan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Fluffy. » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:04 pm

I've been having very very bad past few days,

looking for art, characters, art trades, commissions, designs.
Simple, happy things.

Honestly jut things to distract me :(

I have pets, DA points, USD.

On the other hand I made some art of my Plimee Griffi

art wrote:Commissions:
OPEN for WERMS or WL Bribes
Pm me!

links wrote:⭐TH
art by me
.Fluffy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sheepuns » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:15 pm

Time for a longish post again!
Art Dump
[All by Ittam]

--------------
do i, hawky, have any dream/liked characters?
No dreamies, but I'm still glad Gates is still in your possession. <3

how do my commission prices look? anything i need to change?
I think they are priced too cheaply. At least charge a minimum of 1$. You are really underselling yourself. Perhaps keep those prices when it's discount season or something, but those shouldn't be your year-round prices. Or at least, that's what I believe!

Do you prefer auctions or flatsales? Why?
Flatsales, because that way I can get them quicker. Auctions. . .tend to be stressful, although it is fun to bid in them!

Do you prefer designs that are based off something, ie. animals, tv shows, etc?
For animals, sure, I can have an oc based off of an animal! For tv shows, no. If the design looks like it comes from another show then for me at least it doesn't truly feel like my own character. Feels like I'm kinda ripping off the source material, but that's just me. Other people might be different!

What's the best way that you connect with a design/character?
By drawing them, writing stories about them, roleplaying, etc?

Writing stories about them is the best way to connect with a character, while drawing is the best way to connect to a design. The reason why I say this is because I've had several occasions where I was more attached to the character I made than the design, so I sold the design and then just redesigned the character. So yeah, draw designs and write stories for your characters!

How do you come up with a character's theme song?
I'd have to have the personality and backstory typed up first. Then I can find a song that fits them completely!

Do any of your feral characters have a human version of themselves? What do they look like?
All of them do, pfff. But not all of them are digital yet. Even the 8 other designs made by others have human designs I made for them. It's just. . .going to take me a while to draw human refs.

What is your opinion on impulse buys? Do ever happen to actually really like and develop a character that you have impulse bought or do you end up never getting attached to them?
It happens way too often to be normal. And sometimes, I really do develop characters that were impulse buys. Sriracha was an impulse buy but I already have a detailed concept for him and a theme song.

do you have any characters that share the same traits? can be personality or design wise
Yup! Srira and Spicer have similar colours kinda, so that's why I made them cousins!

What's the oddest animal species (or hybrid combo, or w/e) you have for a character?
I'll show off one for a character of mine, and then one for something I've designed!

The oddest species combo is Morte, whose a goat x graveyard combo!

As for the oddest design combo is Greasemonkey, who is mixed with a "sheep + bull + bat + monkey" with some lizard in him.

What are some of your favorite animal species that you rarely get to see as characters?
SHEEEEEEEEP. Omg, sheep so much. I'd love to see more sheep animals, or even just sheep hybrids. I'm always willing to fling some cash (or. . dA points to be specific) at some sheep designs! And bears are nice too! More coatis perhaps? Weasels and stoats for sure!

What design ideas or themes would you like to see more of? Are there any themes that you're bored of?
More Spy themed, maybe more adventurer themed? I'm sick of the "cool, cute but hipstery" designs, even though I like some of them half the time. I'm also sick with dogs with "that" hairstyle. The one where it's just fluffy all over. So many different type of hairstyles but that one is so common I'm starting to see more linearts that have hair options then don't.

Have you got any moodboards for your characters? If you do, show them!
Actually, I don't! I haven't heard of a moodboard until now, and I think the concept looks kinda cool! I'll do it for my development challenges!

As part of my New Year's Resolution, which one of my character(s) would you like to see me draw!
I'd love to see you draw Shiny Teddiursa! What a cutie!

Do you any of your characters have a New Years resolution? If so, what is it, and how likely are they to keep it?
I think the more dedicated ones, like Mei-Fen,Cadenza would keep right on them. Tyoltium might waiver but stay true but Silver and Swing for sure will not. They'd make a resolution and forget it in a day.

How do you store your characters? Why did you choose to use this method?
I used to use Charahub, until they had the update where you can only store 10 images and 100 characters. Then I went to weebly! Weebly was great and I still have it but I'm not a fan of having so many pages if you have so many characters. Then I went to toyhou.se and it was perfect. Sure, uploading images was a hassle but trading and gifting ocs has never been easier!

Are you a fan of "creepy" characters? If so, how many/what do you own?
Nah, not really. The only creepy character I'd have is Helic, and he's more of "omg he knows what I'm thinking" kind of creepy then jumpscare creepy.

------------------------

Okay, so yesterday I was in a shippy mood, and instead of drawing ship art like a normal human being I made the "totally cool and rad offspring of Tony the Tiger and Chester Cheetah."
[Art + Design: Ittam]
What's this? The offspring of Chester Cheetah and Tony the Tiger?
Chez is the proclaimed offspring of Cheester Cheetah and Tony the Tiger; it's not true, but he likes to believe he is.
He's a sports fanatic and believes in encouraging others to do their best. Ever since he was a kid he was motivated by Tony the Tiger giving Frosted Flakes to kids and wanted to coach kids as well to do their best. As for Chester Cheetah, Chez learned how to stay cool but not to be aloof and exclusive. Although Chez can be quite goofy and arrogant at times he's a teamplayer foremost!

I'm sorry

I also made my own Geckie before the contest ended. I was thinking of Maede, but I don't really know. I actually tried to do something natural. . . yeah, because purple is natural Ittam. *hits self*
[By Ittam]

And also, I got another tiger. But that's it! This is the last one until my sheep custom from the user Baigel comes in~
[By Okoe]
I'm naming him Tourney and I don't really have a plan for him yet. He might just be friends with Amaryllis and they both run the ski resort together.

And I have an OTA on dA! But guess what? It's offer ART to adopt, not points! Trying to mix it up (and get myself some additional art) click the image to go to the page!

-----------------------
@Shatterhowl Thank you so much for responding to so many people! That's so awesome of you!

@Coyoteclaw11 Ooh nice! Congrats then! And yeah, there are a lot of really high quality characters on them! It's all good though, because everyone one their is friendly!

@Pastel-Cake If that's noob pixeling I never want to pixel again! Be more proud of your work, it looks awesome!

@Takura. Ohh, love those pieces! All of them are super nice!

@Hawky<3 Look what the cat dragged in. Or more like cats! All of those feline pieces are absolutely fantastic, cute, and adorable! I really need to get some pieces from you!

@TheArcaneKitsune What program is that? Looks like FireAlpaca! And I wish you luck getting 1200 points!

@IdolDream I think that design is nice! Love the golds and how they go with the blacks!
sheepuns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violenca » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:04 pm

Heya guys <3
I'm looking for someone who could help me transfer 1 lineart to cs ?
I'm looking for experimented people <3
the onegoat/gryffon .
i got the lines on pictures but am not able to do them on oekaki qoq
Shot me a message if you can help doing them as near as possible to the original one.
It was made by solloby <3
I'm offering art and pets at the moment since money is rare ._.

Thank you <3

art by kirwick
Violenca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger-bytes » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:54 am

@Ittam- OMG I LOVE that Chester Cheetah/Tony Tiger mix <3 <3
@ballie.- your snake bebe is so cute! ;v;
@NulliusNominis- Woah those cats are gorgeous! I'm a sucker for big cats ;3;

I made a map for my character world!
Hoping to get a better, more clear map soon!
Link to the map!

I also sorted all my characters on Toyhou.se to their respective locations on the map! ;v;
Next thing I have to do is to revamp some of their bio's to add the towns they work/live in! ;v;
Not very active here, you can find me other places though!

By Choco-floof on dA

Where to find me:
Deviantart
Toyhou.se
Tiger-bytes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me