Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.25- SECRET SANTA

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.25- CHAR CHALLENG

Postby Paranoia » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:28 pm

I'm going to be streaming owed art. I don't know picarto well so bear with me!!
      //I would use jm but it lags far too much for me T_T
      https://picarto.tv/Plaguedghost
Art by icseal & noch
DA | TH | Adopts storage

Paranoia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bear » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:31 pm

looks like i missed a lot while i was gone!! I'm super excited to get back into everything (esp. drawing), but for now I'm just going to answer q's !!

What are some of your favorite animal species that you rarely get to see as characters?
    birds!! i think they're super interesting. also like zebras, those are cool

How do you store your characters? Why did you choose to use this method?
    toyhou.se because it's cozy and easy to use

How many unnamed characters do you have? What's the longest time it's taken for you to name a character?
    Currently 6. Probably the longest for one of my kiamaras that i swear i got last Christmas? i just can't find a suitable name for 'em.

What's the most you've spent to buy a character? A piece of art?
    probably $100 on that kiamara i can't seem to name oops

Do you currently own any characters you'd consider impulse buys?
    a few of my dogs, i don't know if i want to keep them or not right now though

Who is the character that means the most or has the most sentimental value the you, excluding sona(s)! Any specific reason?
    definitely Béla, probably because i put a lot of emotions into him that i wanted to feel but didn't let myself? i've also put a lot of effort into him and who he is so that too!

Do you like custom characters? Why/why not?
    sometimes! a lot of customs i've received haven't been my fave recently, but they're okay.
    (one time someone went off the colour palette i wanted, that didn't end well : p )

Which character has the most art? How much do they have? (What is your favourite piece of them?)
    probably harper!
    i have too many favourite pieces, but probably this one by tealea

Do you find yourself drawn to particular species more than others?
    oh yeah, i love tigers!! i can't get enough of them and i love it when people do adopts of them or just have tiger characters!!

How many characters do you currently have? (Not including ones you are selling)
    115! whew

How many kinds of species do you own? List how many of each you have.
    dogs - 51
    cats - 6
    tigers - 5
    chilli sprites - 2
    ellemarines - 7
    fumi dragons - 2
    gastrosnaps - 1
    gummy bears - 1
    kiamaras - 28
    plumerian - 1
    pseudodragon - 1
    puddle - 1
    water dogs - 2
    birds - 1 1/2 (one of my dog oc's can turn into a bird)
    lion? - 1
    humans (that i don't really use) - 4

If you could completely start over with your collection, would you do it?
    definitely not!! i could never get rid of some of 'em heh

anyways, i made a new kia! been itching to design since i got back
    it's a freebie comp, design their feather(s)! (design by me, lineart by pandoras-island)

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
    I am not active.
bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DEADPlNE » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:32 pm

I no longer play chickensmoothie as actively as before,
so messages will be slow.

I'm willing to trade my pets for art and /
or characters, in large offers. Just send me a mess-
age. I'm more than willing to clear them out.
DEADPlNE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Slugitty » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:38 pm

hello everyone!

A small bit of art this evening

By me of nico
linked for size
By chaticallyy of nico

---

I am offering 50x50 icons at [url]my shop[/url] for anyone who is interested (i will give you a discount on animation if you link to your form for the CAAA character challenge!) if interested go to my shop and fill out a form there, please <3

what I'm offering wrote: 50x50 icons
1 "2017" adult new years dog
[small animation, bobbing/tailwag/etc +1 '09 rare]

---

@pinehound ; dear, that is a gorgeous character! so pretty with the pinks and pastels

@yoosxng ; welcome to the club, hun!
𝐈𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐊𝐘 ───➤➤
▐▐│ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
▐▐│ 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃
┌ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┐
Slugs | They/Them | 20
└ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┘
┌ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┐

> Fursuiter
> Artist
> Suitmaker
> BNA
> Warriors
> Del Toro
> Ghibli

└ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ┘
ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴏꜰ
𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐒
➤➤➤➤➤
Slugitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asa Willow » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:24 pm

@ Superunknown;
nice art!
@ pinehound;
I love your new character's pallet! So pretty <3
@ parapluie;
Cute art ^^

I just wanted to show off some new art of my characters, who I've been neglecting lately!
(both by me)
I'm trying to develop the first couple more. They're not actually a romantic couple, but the ever-grumpy Baroness (the black and white one) has a bit of a soft spot for May, despite finding her a bit annoying sometimes. May on the other hand has a major crush on Baroness, and is constantly trying to get her attention in a kind of "notice-me-senpai" way.
The second piece is of Hammish, who I'm also trying to develop a bit. He's a sled dog who is both cute and a little devious.

Who is the character that means the most or has the most sentimental value the you, excluding sona(s)! Any specific reason?
My fursona, Frost. She was my first character, so of course she comes with a lot of nostalgia.

What are some of your favorite animal species that you rarely get to see as characters?
I love to see dinosaur characters x3 I have two or three, but I don't see them that often, which is a shame.

Which character has the most art? How much do they have? (What is your favourite piece of them?)
Other than my fursona with 15 pieces (I'm not counting her since she's a fursona), Baroness has 13, and my favorite has got to be either this or this piece, both by me.

If you could completely start over with your collection, would you do it?
I could never bring myself to start over, but at the same time if something catastrophic happened and I lost all of the images and web pages for my charas, I wouldn't be devastated. My tastes have really changed over the years.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Hello there!
I'm Asa, and I'm a full-time student who loves to draw and animate. Don't hesitate to HMU if you want a commission, art trade, or a good chat!

I was formerly Lovenature100

Characters DA Youtube
•Point/USD commissions are open on my DA!
•Art trades are open! I love doing them and I'm not picky, check out my DA above for examples <3
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
***If I owe you art and you have the sneaking suspicion that I have forgotten, please PM me!

pssst... check out
my comic
<<<<<<<<<<
:)
Asa Willow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby notactive » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:55 pm

hey, i rarely post here haha. i can't remember if i've mentioned it but i used to be skyhopper here.

Who is your (current) favourite character?
probably my sea cherub vinditti! https://toyhou.se/625378.vinditti

again, vinditti, with 12 pieces.
this was really hard, i adore all of his pieces aaaaa quq probably this one!
by jahpan

not really?? but im starting to get into griffin type stuff and sea stuff quq
notactive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sword » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:06 am

i don't really have that much time rn, but i will say that everyone's characters/art looks great!!

i just bought this pup a couple days ago, and i love him so much. his name is cepheus, after the constellation and king in geek mythology!

design by Julia Ackerman and lines by Tealea.

and here's a thing i did of him yesterday.

sword

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mal du pays » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:29 am

@Asa Willow; that art is gorgeous! ovo I'm definitely curious to see the dynamic between the first two characters :0c
@pinehound; congrats on the character nvn

What's the best way that you connect with a design/character?
By drawing them, writing stories about them, roleplaying, etc?

Through drawing them! ovo I like to see if they fit in my lil oc universe, and try to work on their character by branching from there uvu

How do you come up with a character's theme song?
tears mostly If it's a song I listen to while drawing them a lot it usually ends up becoming their theme. Flame however is the exception as she has a custom theme song in the works~

Do any of your feral characters have a human version of themselves? What do they look like?
I only have sort of verbal descriptions, but I have a reverse of this; my boyo Glitchy has a furry form that can be drawn feral. uvu

I use Toyhouse! nvn it's easier to keep track of all of them and update ownership stuff without a ton of hassle. ovo

How many unnamed characters do you have? What's the longest time it's taken for you to name a character?
Three; It usually takes from a few minutes to a few days to come up with a name, and even then I'm not certain if it'd stick.

What's the most you've spent to buy a character? A piece of art?
I've spent 50$ to buy a character, and for art at most probably,,, four dollars oops

do you currently own any characters you'd consider Impulse buys?
Fen. Probably Fen.

My boyo Striker! He's the most sentimental since I've owned him for the longest (gonna be 11 years this year) and he's developed a lot since I created him <3

by ege

Do you like custom characters? Why/why not?
It depends? I'm sort of iffy because due to circumstance I've been left in the dark regarding progress on how the design is going {and waiting many months because of it} but on the other hand I love seeing what other people come up with for my ideas uvu
designing them, however. is not fun,,

Synthesis Darkky, who I bought for 50$ from Holiiewood. nvn I ended up making him a sona of sorts for somewhat personal reasons :0c

Closed species-wise, probably my JBD Sprite (however I've not put her art onto th yet because there's well over 100 pieces)
Otherwise, Striker has the most with 57 pieces, followed by Takura who has 42. uvu
Favorite for Striker (by Z0MB0MB & Favorite for Takura (by biscuit-rawr)

Cats/dogs mostly, as those are what I'm most comfortable with drawing (or species with similar anatomy)

How many characters do you currently have? (Not including ones you are selling)
305, roughly. uvu

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(The figure opens its mouth...)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Michael (Mal) - He/they/it - adult
the world's most normal petscop enjoyer
I like Deltarune, drawing, warrior cats, and sonic the hedgehog.
werm time

DeerKiri
click my magistream guys pease

Kalons - Storkies
My OCs - My Kalons - Storkies Archive - Stars Archive
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(and speaks.)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixbane » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:53 am

@alastair. oh gosh hes super neat, i love his colors- especially that lovely blue eye color with the monochrome-my favorite ahah QvQ/ congrats on the cutie
@Asa Willow ah that arts super lovely, i love the warm browns on that second chara too
@parapluie ah the pixel's super neat and best of luck selling /v/
@pinehound ah the new charas lovely, i like those pale oranges with the blue contrast, a favorite color combo of mine too
@ bear ah i saw that kia on DA~ Super cute design,i m sure they'll get loads of wonderful entries

Two commission slots open!

What's the best way that you connect with a design/character?
By drawing them, writing stories about them, roleplaying, etc?

Drawing them and writing about them with a friend or two
How do you come up with a character's theme song?
I have a huge playlist of songs, usually i listen to songs and go 'hey that reminds me of _____" and stick it in their playlist/or as their theme song.
Do any of your feral characters have a human version of themselves? What do they look like?
Many of mine do!
I like writing humans, but drawing ferals. So typically there is a feral version i draw, and a human version i write.
Myra ,feral (by me) & Human (By reminel)
Marchosias, Feral, by furrirama & Human,by chitchatcafe
Serafina, Feral,by sableu & Human,by chitchatcafe
I have loads more but those are pulled outta my mains ahah
Toyhouse, mostly because it works on all of my devices. I used to use weebly- but i cant access it easily on mobile or on my chromebook/travel laptop, toyhouse i can open on any computer and use at work and such. Sta.sh is nice-but also doesnt work on my phone, it also is very slow on my work computers, so toyhouse is a good,well running medium. There are things I wish I could alter about it, but i like the setup i have for my charas and their development there.
Myra as always,
But of my recent characters, im definitely in love with my newest kin, Ramiah
Myra, at 200 now. Next would be my fursona, Casimir
//iMSORRY IM SUPER addicted to drawing myra even over my fursona this is a problem
my favorite pieces are a lot of them, but right now im over the moon with this one of her and her husband, its not done yet, but a colored wip- theyre shading it too
but im already in love with it so
by quantumjinx
Humans, in terms of writing, will get my attention more. I also like fluffy things as i really like drawing fur.

Speaking of Ramiah, i drew this one of her and her boyfriend(?) Victor, I drew another one im more proud of but its a bit...bloody so ill not link it here.
She was a combat medic in the military and he was a sergeant, she saved his life after he was struck along his right side with shrapnel pieces, leaving him gravely injured, and after he was released from the army he sought her out to thank her. Prior to that, he got a tattoo of an arrow and the date that his life was saved by his 'guardian' angel, this piece would be Ramiah noticing this, bcause me and boodle talked it over and it sounded cute
(And just a lil chibi too)
both by me.
I did an art trade with shatterhowl and they drew my ramona ;v;/
by shatterhowl ofcourse
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger-bytes » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:05 am

My charactersComet and Keiko had two pups ;v;
ImageImage
Artwork by Sixbane

They now have three kids in their little family if you include their adopted son Zinc http://sta.sh/0uh54ue2axe (By TalonEX)
Not very active here, you can find me other places though!

By Choco-floof on dA

Where to find me:
Deviantart
Toyhou.se
Tiger-bytes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me