Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.25- SECRET SANTA

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.25- CHAR CHALLENG

Postby ede » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:22 pm

Doing a design batch as I want to practice my designs and found this gorgeous palette and did two versions of a design but not sure which one to sell.
      Which is your favourite design out of the two below?

Also looking for ideas for designs, PM me! If I choose your idea, you'll get 10% off the finished design should you choose to buy it c:

What's the best way that you connect with a design/character?
      By drawing them, writing stories about them, roleplaying, etc?

I find I connect with my character more/better when I give them a name and a personality as I can imagine them as a person/character easier. Drawing helps, but I find writing scenarios about them works better.
ede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shatterhowl » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:27 pm

- - - - - Replies - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@Miyuki. - Cute Soosh :0 I really love his palette and lil' spikes much so, He has a really charming appearance and that bowtie just fits perfectly for him. Good catch!
@Kat - I definitely recall Novi, and I know a bit of his artists - this one is by Jerry. You should try Google's Reverse Image search; You can find it right here.
@OrcaLover9 - Welcome! Nice to meet you :0 Hope to see you around!
@Coyoteclaw11 - Heyo! Very Nice to meet you and I'd love to see you around as well :0 Welcome!
@Solanum - Woah! I love Aaron, I really love the hazelnut brown and definitely the medieval theme- it really fits and what a winsome night I presume!
@Kessler - Boo! Real fun reading your post, I really love Bianca's human form :0 It's so fitting! Nice Kess! Good luck also
@ede - out of both of them, the first design really stuck to me. It reminds me oddly of a fantasy mushroom forest kinda palette. personally, I like the first design :0

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
shatterhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:32 pm

So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:37 pm

Ede - I like the top one best, but you could always sell them together as siblings? (Also ty for your message, I am talking to the other breeding partner now about what we want to do so I will hopefully be able to get back to you soon <3)
Kessler - That's such a lovely design, grats on the charrie!
Solanum - Nice, armoured designs are so cool.

I am thinking of making a thread and going through putting characters there to take offers on so I can cut down. It's either that or revamp some of my charries, some I just haven't used in ages and I have too many. It's hard though >.<

Anyway here are my 2 new babies.
I coloured Kiko on Tealea's lines:
The original is by Keyotothefox, she's from a breeding and has a really nice design.

This one I've named Syo for now, I made their design a little bit more swirly when I coloured on Tealea's lines:
The original by CaesarHorse:
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ardra » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:10 pm

How many characters do you currently have? (Not including ones you are selling)

How many kinds of species do you own? List how many of each you have.
Oh geez....UUHH...
I am uh gonna skip this one for my sanity

If you could completely start over with your collection, would you do it?
No

What is one mistake that you've made character wise? (example, selling a design you really like, ect)
Letting go of some pretty great characters

Current dream characters you're going after?
None :,]

On average, how much time do you spend thinking/writing/getting art of your characters?
Depends - Some weeks its 20+ others none

I have a moonswirl I may trade for characters just uh PM me
Love of my Life

What should I even put here now?

I do stuff on here sometimes...
Ardra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mikey » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:23 pm

Yoosxng wrote:Username: Yoosxng
Most recently obtained character: Echo: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=3319760
Favorite character that you own: Thats hard.. Maybe Finn or Splat.. And ghost..
How many characters do you own?: (rough estimates are okay!) Maybe around 30 or more.. maybe 50.. I adopt way too many
Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": Just a little.. >.>
membership form

Sorry for reposting I just didn't know if my form was not accepted or just wasn't seen..

hal/mikey ; he/him ; lesbian
      kinda inactive - rentry
      ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Image
mikey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:30 pm

Feel free to tell.me to delete this, but I am open to writing things for your characters. Personalities, bios, scenes - you name it! Building a shop soon!
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:41 pm

Yoosxng wrote:
Yoosxng wrote:Username: Yoosxng
Most recently obtained character: Echo: http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=3319760
Favorite character that you own: Thats hard.. Maybe Finn or Splat.. And ghost..
How many characters do you own?: (rough estimates are okay!) Maybe around 30 or more.. maybe 50.. I adopt way too many
Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": Just a little.. >.>
membership form

Sorry for reposting I just didn't know if my form was not accepted or just wasn't seen..

You are accepted.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HP Fan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:05 pm

i'm looking to buy character! mainly human characters, because i have an idea i want to write, and i need a character to picture. i will, however, look at non-human hq characters~

i can offer da points and any characters here
    please pm me with characters you have for sale c:

Do you have any characters that share the same traits?
    pretty much all of my characters are browns and blues, and mostly natural colored.

Do you like custom characters? Why/why not?
    often, i try to stay away from them unless i get an idea i can't let go. my problem is that with most designs, i don't often get attached to characters (shown by the fact that i have four characters right now...), so custom designs are a hit or miss. more often then not, i'll get a custom design and i end up not loving it as much as i should, and feel really bad about it :/

Which character has the most art? How much do they have? (What is your favourite piece of them?)
    TV, without a doubt. he has... 90 pieces of art. when i first got him, i was in love, and i bought so much art, and have just kept going.
    i couldn't ever pick a single piece as my favorite, but i uploaded most of my favorites to his toyhou.se

most of my dream characters are listed here, and i'll probably never get them, unfortunately. but hey, i can dream :p
Last edited by HP Fan on Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
daredevil has been my life for the past year and a half. please watch it, you wont regret it.

HP Fan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakeman » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:07 pm

I'm really confused right now because my favourite species was made private for a couple of hours then the creator made them just a regular closed species again and transferred ownership completely to someone else because loads of people had unused MYOs and I paid them for a MYO which they said could have any traits since they didn't matter as the species was private... I might ask the new owner tomorrow if the any traits thing is still valid because I paid the equivalent of a common slot and already did lines for him ;-;

---

answering some quastions boys

What's the oddest animal species (or hybrid combo, or w/e) you have for a character?
I have a vegetable golem thing. xD
It's called Pesticide, I haven't developed it much yet or drawn it since I made it though

What are some of your favorite animal species that you rarely get to see as characters?
I don't see many snakes, bears or crocodiles, I love those

do you have any characters that share the same traits? can be personality or design wise
Well I have a few based on album covers and a few named after musicians, if that counts? And I have non-Elder Scrolls OCs that have dragon language names (Hokoron and Hevnoraak). A lot of my characters' names begin with S as well

How do you store your characters? Why did you choose to use this method?
Toyhou.se, and technically deviantart because I submit all their art there first

How many unnamed characters do you have? What's the longest time it's taken for you to name a character?
I don't think I have any. It took me the best part of a year to name Hayk and Völundr, the poor things. Their designs kept evolving over that year as well, I'd keep drawing them even though neither had a name xD

What's the most you've spent to buy a character? A piece of art?
My MYO I mentioned earlier and Hevnoraak are tied at 500 points. All the rest were either obtained through art trades, smaller amounts of points or by making them myself

Do you currently own any characters you'd consider impulse buys?
Sir Sunny, I saw him and I had to have him! He's adorable, even though I don't draw him much.

Who is the character that means the most or has the most sentimental value the you, excluding sona(s)! Any specific reason?
Um, probably my Koltherians, to be honest? Wash and Tremor are two of the designs I'm most proud of, and Kolthers are probably the "biggest" closed species community I'm a part of. I also love my screaps, Stone and Hevnoraak and the guy that's in the making. I just love the species so much, and it's a shame their creator doesn't, I think... I had another but I decided to change them to a different species when the group closed. It's open again with the new owner but I was never entirely happy with Indifference and Disorder so they'll be getting a massive overhaul at some point ;-; My friend told me last night as well that Stone's one of her favourite characters of mine haha
Hayk and Völundr are kinda cliche (but still not in a way? I think they have a pretty unique backstory) but they're old, for my characters anyway, and it took me so long to name them. My old Warriors OC Blackstone has a special place in my heart too, he brings back memories of this great little RP site that died a while ago

Do you like custom characters? Why/why not?
Yeah! I almost bought one, once... It's like a MYO but you don't have to do anything

Who is your (current) favourite character?
Stoney boy, Wash (my love) and Tremor Christ

Which character has the most art? How much do they have? (What is your favourite piece of them?)
According to my toyhou.se, Stone and Wash are tied with 8 pieces of art, though one of Wash's is a moodboard and Stone has a story from the haunted house.
I think this one by ironicworld is really cute (the other character's not mine, I forgot whose they are)
by LordNibu from dA
By me
Can't decide between these two for Wash. Nibu's a good friend and he gave me that piece after I drew one of his characters for a birthday present, and the other one's from the Halloween K-Comm prompt where I dressed him up as MacCready from FO4

Do you find yourself drawn to particular species more than others?
Yeah, I tend to stay away from your regular sparkledogs and go for ones with funky anatomy or just weird monster creatures. My Kolthers are probably the most normal looking of all my active repertoire and they've got six eyes xD

How many characters do you currently have? (Not including ones you are selling)
36 on my toyhouse, including the MYO. However I do have some characters that I never use and haven't used for a long while (Warriors OCs, FNaF animatronic, etc) that I never put on my th. So probably around 40 something with those ones included

How many kinds of species do you own? List how many of each you have.
Koltherians - 2
Screapers - 3
Snapperjaps - 5
Sharkbeasts - 1
Lokahs - 1

If you could completely start over with your collection, would you do it?
No way! I like them all too much. My Stoney boy o:

What is one mistake that you've made character wise? (example, selling a design you really like, ect)
Probably Indifference and Disorder in general to be honest... I like the base colour of their fur, just not as a base colour. I don't really know what I was thinking when I submitted them to the screaps group, so I'm giving them a major overhaul soon and taking them out of the species

None, I don't tend to have dream characters. My friend's CCCats, though... Ghoul's got some really nice characters in general but her CCCats are my favourite CCCats
There are some adorable Koltherians as well, linsaangs (dA) did some really cute designs for the DTA this month and I want to try out but loads of other people are, and I can't even gather connections for my own Kolthers xD

On average, how much time do you spend thinking/writing/getting art of your characters?
Quite a lot, I guess. I mean, I'm trying to come up with an entire planet with fleshed out species and ecosystems and stuff but I just keep going off on tangents and creating and creating and creating more species and never actually doing anything with the older ones haha
snakeman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me