Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Overwatch Fanclub! V1

Postby Alfor » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:16 pm

OOF sounds like Brigitte has been pretty underwhelming so far. Its to be expected. All new characters launched always have something wrong with them and sometimes it takes a while for those characters to get a buff or a nerf still waiting on a nerf for moira's ult imo. I'm out of state so I haven't been able to play her at all... let alone the game. Therefor I have no solid opinion on her gameplay at the moment. Just remember that she is extremely new, so its going to take a while for people to master her!

Unfortunately, QP is a very unreliable pit of chaos when it comes to putting together a serious team. Unless you have a full team of friends you won't have much luck with randoms. At least that's how it is with Xbox. I'm not sure for PS4 and PC.

Her golden is pretty rad though. I love that it makes her weapon and shield gold.
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erin8D » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:10 pm

Does today's easter box seems like it was based on Diva or am i crazy??

Hey there!

I love trading and gathering new items!
I'm a little new here still but feel free to pm me anytime(:

~Character Page

ImageImageImage

Have an awesome day!
Erin8D

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:30 pm

Erin8D wrote:Does today's easter box seems like it was based on Diva or am i crazy??

Today's easter box was based on different rabbit colourations rather than D.VA
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Uchuujin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:35 am

but that's the thing, brigitte isn't meant to be played as a tank. so if you're trying to push ahead with the front of your team you're obviously going to die every time. She is meant to be squishy, and she isn't meant to dive. She is a support hero - all of whom can only work with good team composition. Brigitte is REALLY REALLY GOOD at helping at the back of the pack. she is FANTASTIC at taking care of the Genjis and Tracers trying to flank you. She is GREAT at protecting your healers. You have to remember - they put her in support for a reason. She absolutely cannot lead charges ahead like a tank.

I've been playing and getting Top 4 finishes in Deathmatch as Brigitte, and I've noticed if there's another Brigitte player, she's always in the top 4 with me. If you understand how to play her, she's already a super well rounded character. The only thing I can even think of nerfing is maybe some of her cooldowns, or the only thing that needs a buff is maybe her passive ability. But Brigitte can do amazing things, like knock Winstons off the point when they are trying to dive, or pushing Roadhogs and Reapers away during their ults so that they're too far out of range to harm your team. She can also, like Lucio and Pharah, knock players off maps. And you can shield bash Reinhardts, knocking their shield down, and making them an easy target for your team to take out.

This is an actual quote from Jeff Kaplan -

Then I went into quick play. I let others lock Brigitte. Mostly, they tried to play her like a main tank. The funniest to me was the Brigitte who kept solo pushing the choke on Hanamura over and over again, spamming “I need healing”. Of course she kept dying repeatedly. At the end of the match, she “complained” that she had gold in healing and then quit.

They’ll learn ;)

┏━━━━━━Image━━━━━━┓
Curently...
reading ★ No Stone Unturned
playing ★ Overwatch 2
watching ★ Tokyo Revengers
feeling ★ anxious
═══════════════════
about me || my characters
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Uchuujin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marinara sauce » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:42 am

I instalock Mei almost all the time now and just freeze the enemy Brigitte over and over until they switch. lol
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
pisces ☀ | gemini ☾ | libra ⇡
she/her
i'm not very active on CS anymore,
apologies for the late responses
to anything
-
spotify | stats.fm | trades

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

marinara sauce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:33 pm

One thing people never seem to learn is that solo pushing is never a good idea XD Stay with your teammates if you can, fellow agents! You'll survive longer in numbers, rather than alone. No matter which character you play its so much easier to get picked off if you try facing the entire team by yourself. There will always be exceptions, of course, but for the most part its much easier to push when you are with the others. Most of you probably already know this though :'3

As for the Mei thing... oof. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about that. I have plenty of bad experiences with people solely focusing on me and specifically targeting me, which takes the joy out of playing, but that's just me. Some things are hard to forget when they happen often. As long as you aren't being malicious with it and simply countering the enemy I suppose its alright.
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:55 am

Why are people so toxic to widow players in competitive?
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby harbinger » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:51 am

brigitte is supposed to be a healer/tank hybrid, but having to do damage to do any substantial amount of healing makes her feel torn between all three roles—and because of that, she can’t be particularly good at healing, tanking, or dps without being op. i wish they’d lessen the need to do damage—like maybe blocking damage with her shield should activate her passive healing instead. that would encourage shield usage, and make her more of an actual healer/tank hybrid imo. the size of her shield would need to be made a little bigger to make that viable, but.... i don’t know. i agree that she’s just kinda odd as she is now, but at the same time she hasn’t been out for very long, so i’m willing to wait a little longer for people to figure out where she fits in best.

@isabelle i guess people just feel like snipers either hit all their shots, or miss all their shots, and for some reason people don’t want to be satisfied when hanzos/widows fall somewhere in between that (aka the most realistic outcome). maybe it’s because snipers generally stay back and away from the objective? because not playing the objective equates to not winning? i don’t really know. i think there are some maps she’s not great on but generally i’m cool with any hero pick, as long as everyone is contributing in some manner.
x
harb ✦ they/them

howdy! i'm harb c:
i think you're cool

adult ✦ est ✦
harbinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hatsune mewku » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:11 am

hECk

i was trying to get on overwatch super fast today so I could save all my highlights and potgs and as I logged on, they wiped.
i hate thissssssss
hey, there! im madi! i really like garfield,

hatsune miku, breaking bad, women,
lady gaga, deltarune, and parks and rec

© | toyhouse | art shop | deviant art
'
hatsune mewku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FLYBOY » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:33 am

rhythm wrote:
    brigitte is supposed to be a healer/tank hybrid, but having to do damage to do any substantial amount of healing makes her feel torn between all three roles—and because of that, she can’t be particularly good at healing, tanking, or dps without being op. i wish they’d lessen the need to do damage—like maybe blocking damage with her shield should activate her passive healing instead. that would encourage shield usage, and make her more of an actual healer/tank hybrid imo. the size of her shield would need to be made a little bigger to make that viable, but.... i don’t know. i agree that she’s just kinda odd as she is now, but at the same time she hasn’t been out for very long, so i’m willing to wait a little longer for people to figure out where she fits in best.

This is exactly my issue with her. I used to think Moira was too focused on DPS, then they added Brigitte and... Yikes. I don't know why we need so many healers that seem to do a better job as DPS than healers. Plus, with her armor and HP she's ridiculously tanky for a support/a hero of her size- but she doesn't often tank in a way that's actually beneficial to her team, only in a way that's beneficial to her. It feels way too difficult to 1v1 her- if I'm playing DPS and I get the drop on a support hero, they shouldn't be that good at defending themselves with zero help from their team, unless they're a seriously skilled player. The point of support is to help their team, and be more reliant on their team in exchange. Brigitte doesn't do that.
I still think Brigitte should have been a tank. A tank/healer hybrid that's a real, competent tank with some healing abilities on the side would be better than this mess.
And on top of that, she's just plain annoying to fight. The stun, the knockback, her range and hitboxes make any sense, and her primary fire knocks you around all the time- it feels like this game is getting saturated with abilities that are more frustrating to the enemies than they are useful to you. There are certain heroes and certain abilities that I don't really mind being killed by. Sure, I'd rather not be dead, but I either shrug it off or credit the other player's skill, then wait for respawn. But abilities like Brigitte's make it harder to fight back by stunning you and knocking you around, and they aren't particularly difficult abilities to even land. So dying to her just feels annoying and a bit cheap.
xxxxxxxxx
┌──────────────┐
link • eldemore
link • link

────── ──────

male // bi // 18+ // usa
↠formerly rebel scum, reyes, ellis.
↠just here for the rp
↠ trying to finish my eldemore wishlist

└──────────────┘
FLYBOY

My pets