Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26: Secret Santa!

Postby rottenmutt » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:41 pm

BEEN A MINUTE. art has been busy for me <3

BUT i had the pleasure of making some wonderful pieces!! Here some are (:

my FA/DA is rottenmutt

I also decided to make a sparkle dog character, reverting back into the olden days...

@emris i love guys so much
@Ittam love those oc's. Vulpecula is my favorite ; 0 ;
@DEADPlNE love that character and artwork!
@Dancing.cinnamon~ love the sloth character! i dont see enough of those <3
@hayzel love the new sonas!!
rottenmutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -TheBigBlueBear- » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:23 am

Sorry for another post so soon lmao 8,)

Also made a bunch of halloween adopts !!
Money goes towards bills and maybe snagging one of the kids I like QuQ /

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Rottenmutt - That art is all gorgeous !! QuQ
@Emris - Congrats on Beep and your new noodle !!
@Wesley - Congrats on Hajime : ) I love the hand drawing of his rings ??? Its so detailed and it looks amazing QAQ
@Mavryk Company - Sync is pretty neat! Love the paint idea !!
@Ittam - I love triskelion QoQ Their whole concept is just really neat and good and well thought out ???
@DEADPINE - Love the new art of your sona : ) They're very nice looking simple but elegant !!
☆ ————————————————— ☆
☆ He/They ll Wife
- Liquidating + Quitting -
C$ + Lists for Custom OCs

☆ ————————————————— ☆
-TheBigBlueBear-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Siddy » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:01 pm

I've posted my advent calendar for Halloween this year! Super cheap prices, check it out! I'm taking points, art, and maybe character trades!

How many character do you have and why ?
uhhh roughly like 120ish. I mainly draw them, and occasionally I just need to get a new one to do that with! I also have a comic I'm putting together so I'm figuring out how to put them in that!
Who have you drawn and / or written the most for ?
Oh god, definitely my fursona neo, he has 280 and some pieces I havent yet uploaded here
https://siddyscharries.weebly.com/neo.html

You all have such lovely art and characters omg, so many new dreamies posted recently!!
@ -TheBigBlueBear- Super cute adopts! There's a few that's caught my eye but I don't have the funds at the moment so we'll have to wait and see! Best of luck selling <3
@rottenmutt Gorgeous art!! I love your style and the backgrounds you gave them!
@Emris Beep is a very pure good boy. I also love the long necked character, super beautiful!! Very aesthetic as well. Gorgeous art too!
@Dancing.cinnamon~ I love your sloth guy!
@DEADPlNE Congrats on the art! Both are very cute, I love the little ear wag on the one!
@Ittam Oh man dont even get me started, I love all your characters so much. They're all so creative, and I love the two seals you have <3
Siddy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby P0CKETKNIFE » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:29 am

I'm popping back in with some basic character/art related news!!

To start off, I adopted a new character and I've had so much fun developing him!! The artwork and design bellow are both credited to Fiji, but if you want to see the art and development I've put into him—his TH profile is here: link

Speaking of said character, I took the time to draw him with Delilah owned by my buddy, beau-tiful!! I struggled a bit to figure out his head shape, but I got it eventually. It's been great practice to branch out and draw other species, and certainly refreshing after a lifetime career of drawing cats and dogs. I hope to further explore drawing uncommon creatures in the future!!

As for my other characters, I'm unfortunately lacking in that department. I'm only actively using a few of my designs, which is super frustrating for someone who spends most of their time developing characters. I'd love to remedy this problem by nabbing a few new designs, so if you're looking to trade or sell hmu!!

This journal details everything I'm looking for: link
    And I also have a few characters to trade: link

Make sure to contact me on deviantart for sales involving real life currency, although any other trades can be discussed on here.
    ____

This time around I'm aiming for two whole pages of replies!! Can I do it? Maybe. Will my hand cramp, shrivel up, and die from typing? Yes.

@whisky, I love the sketchy lineart on those art pieces!! The pose for the wolf fullbody is super dynamic as well, and you do a great job emphasizing different species features. What I mean by that is—you can clearly see the aspects of your character that make them feline, canine, or whichever other species. That's something I'm working on in my own art right now, so it's inspiring to see somebody who's already mastered it!!
    @Keyoto-TheFox, I hope you're able to sell a few characters!! As for your contest, it sounds like you've put a ton of effort into planning and prizes, so I hope plenty of people enter!! I'm sure the prizes are going to attract people, so out of all the potential entries—you're bound to find a design you love.
    @beau-tiful, I hope you're able to achieve some of your character goals, especially if you get an opportunity to buy a dream character!! You never know when one of those designs is gonna be up for sale, but it looks like your character sales might help you prepare for that. You have a ton of gorgeous designs, so you've just gotta look for the right people to buy them.
    @Kat, I'll have to check out Shrimpv as a designer, because I adore Sol!! The bit you provided about his personality is super relatable as well. Unfortunately, the majority of art pieces you showed are broken images, of at least they are for me. I can only see the first pixel, but nonetheless I'm happy you managed to snag so much art from what it looks like!!
    @bvrd, For starters, I hope you're recovering well from your car accident. I can imagine something like that would shake you up a bit, not to mention the back pain, so I'm glad your characters are a good distraction. Great job snagging Apollo by the way!! His designer did a great job of making him unique while sticking to a relatively simple design.
    @Jericho, With an advertisment that convincing, how could I not check out your sales? I'm gonna take a look and hopefully nobody beat me to the good stuff.
    @Lirrie, I have a few characters leftover from my old days of arpg, so I'll make sure to pm you about that!!
    @GirlyChick1, I hope you find what you're looking for character-wise!!
    @PerfectWorld, I'll check out your sales in a bit!! From the looks of it, you have a ton of HQ designs and I'm excited to take a peek at them.
    @Hayzel, I hope you start thinking up ideas for your characters soon!! Development can be tricky, but things tend to come together once you get one good concept. Try to think broad and then narrow it down; I'm sure something will come to you!!
    @Dancing.cinnamon~, I love the fact both of those characters are less common species!! Fall is unbelievably adorable and her theme matches perfectly with her design. Even her spikes/feathers remind me of autumn leaves!! At first glance, I thought Perezoso was meant to translate to "lazy," and I'll admit I got a laugh out of that. Either way, I adore his colors and concept.
    @-TheBigBlueBear-, I'm a little late, but I hope you were able to buy that coffee!! It's sweet that you thought of your wife and wanted to do something nice for her.
    @DEADPINE, Good luck spending those points!! I hope you're able to buy a few quality comms and characters with them. I'm glad to see your new fursona getting plenty of art by the way; I love their design and hope to see them around more!!
    @Ittam, I agree regarding the activity around here!! It's always nice to see everyone chatting about characters and posting new art pieces. Speaking of which, I see you've gotten plenty new additions to show off!! I love how all of the designs you've shown are vastly different from one another—and I can guess that means you have a variety of tastes. Pyrite really sticks out to me, for one reason or another. I think I'm just really into the color orange today, but regardless they have a lovely design!!
    @Mavryk Company, I'm not much of a designer myself, but I can totally relate to the feeling of making a sellable character only to wind up keeping them. It's easy to get attached, but I don't blame you one bit!! Sync is undoubtably a unique design and I bet his development is going to be fun too.
    @Wesley, Hajime is quite an intriguing design, and I'm curious about his role in your story!! You'll have to tell us more about your novel as you develop everything!!
    @Emris, I would lay down my life for Beep, no questions asked. But more seriously, your snake girl has such an interesting design!! I can't wait to see how you update her—and on another note, congrats on all of those amazing art pieces!!
    @Rottenmutt, Gosh, your sparkle dog takes me way back. I miss the days where character designs were focused on having fun and expressing yourself in the wackiest way possible. Not that characters can't be like that now, but there was definitely more emphasis on designer freedom back in the day. It's great to see that you brought a piece of that back!!
    @Siddy, I love advent calendar designs!! I hope your gets a lot of attention and you have fun designing them all.

lee artist he/him + adult
    ► I've been an active user on
    CS through a good number of
    years, but nowadays I tend to
    keep to myself and check in
    when I have the time. I'll be on
    artfight this year
    -- team vampire!!

mods made me remove my links lmao / credit

P0CKETKNIFE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Batman » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:28 am

Got my butt going and got my Halloween YCH set up!

its 3.00/300 points/ Halloween YCH trade and I might also take just art in exchange c:
Also if you are interested but don't have a DA, just message me on here!

Also Morana got a ton of Halloween art <3
starkked on DA

xkebkalise on TH

fallowtail on TH

By me - an example i made for my YCH c:

@P0CKETKNIFE - that new baby is adorable!!

@Siddy - I love the cow one, but sadly I don't have any points! ;n;

@rottenmutt - omg all that art is amazing! <3

@Emris - omg I love your art <3

EDIT:
Also just put up some adopts for all of you! <3

Image Image Image Image

Last edited by Batman on Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx..
xxxxxxx Links
xxxxxxImage
xxxxxxImage
xxxxxxImage
xxxxxxImage
xxxxxxImage
xxxButtons made by me
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx..
ImageImageImage
Art by Wyer, Mr.Boodle, Magnaskies

Batman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hoffnungsstern » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:09 pm

so I have done some emergency adopts and a ych if you would buy one it would help me out a lot since I only have 18€ left on my bank account because the person who should transfer the money is in hospital currently and somehow nobody else is able to it's a really weird situation to explain, but yeah I don't know when I get my money so I'm trying to get some for food and stuff
so here is the YCH click on the picture to go to the dA page
I will also take points and maybe art/characters but the highest priority right now is currency please message me on my dA or on https://toyhou.se/Hoffnungsstern Toyhouse

and here are the adopts! For these I'm also willing to take points and I'm also willing to go lower on the prices a bit as with the YCH please message me on dA or toyhouse

I'm also always open for commissions my prices are here: https://www.deviantart.com/hoffnungsste ... -680402153 (the examples are old go to my gallery to see recent art)

on another note I drew a piece of art for Kiba he also has a profile now but I'm not sure if I can link it here because of the themes in it it's not really bad but better safe than sorry

He has like 4 different designes now in each picture he looks different but as long as he stays with me he will have this design now

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Batman
ooooh that's a cute YCH! Hope you sell some!
And I love the art piece from fallowtail you got!

@P0CKETKNIFE
Nathan seems like such a cool character!
I love the art you drew of him too!

@Siddy
oooohhh I have to check out your adventcalendar it looks neat

@-TheBigBlueBear-
I love these designes! Maybe I'll offer art on some!

@rottenmutt
I love your sparkle dog! Such vibrant colours!

@beau-tiful
to asnwer your question I really love Cole! https://sta.sh/04j3flst0sd

@Emris
Congrats on the new characters! That snake-like character is gorgeous! Also congrats on the amazing art! I especially lov ethe piece by Pepperoonie! Also your art style is so cute I love how you do the sahdding!

@Wesley
Hajime looks beautiful! I also adore Demarcus! Also good luck with selling your adopts! Might offer on one!

@Mavryk Company
Sync is such a cool character! And to answer your question I love https://toyhou.se/2254789.valdyr Valdyr, https://toyhou.se/2843439.eddi Eddie and https://toyhou.se/2795759.estin Estin!

@Ittam
oooohhh Awien is so adorable! And Gossip has such an awesome concept! Also to answer your question I love so many of your characters i can't choose, but if I had to i would say https://toyhou.se/2698313.gossip Gossip and Lactose https://toyhou.se/1795726.lactose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to aswer some questions!

How have characters touched / affected your life?
Honestly don't know how to aswer this question, but I think I wouldn't be drawing as much as i do now without characters and it's really nice to develop my characters when I'm anxious or bored

What got you into characters / adoptables?
I think I answered a similar question before but what really got me into characters was WarriorCats, which also brought me to drawing because I sqaw so many amazing pictures there and wanted to draw like that so I started drawing and with that i also wanted my own characters to roleplay and draw

Do you prefer adoptables or your own designs?
honestly don't mind both but I have more adoptables because i just have no ideas for designes when I'm designing for my self when I design for others i get the best ideas

Do you plan on putting your ocs in a comic or story? If not, what do you currently use your ocs for?
Yeah i actually plan multiple stories but just don't have teh motivation and time to do them. I should probably start writing again since it's a lot less time consuming and maybe do some sort of picture book

Pick an oc. Now, if you had to change their species, what species would you pick and why?
I pick Doom https://toyhou.se/744640.doom
I would change him to some sort of sea animal like a whale or a dolphin because i really love those and I don't really have much of them

Do you have any characters that You almost want to make a mascot/sona
but don't completely feel like it is..you?

Yeah I have! It's https://toyhou.se/920550.isaac Isaac! I love him very much but he's just not me

Which gender of character do you own more of?
uuuhhh I think it's pretty even. If not I probably have more male characters

What is your favorite and least favorite personality to have for a character?
I don't really have one it's interesting to have mix of personalitys in you characters!

What do you love to see in characters and what do you hate to see?
I generlly love steampunk and vintage designes but I also really loves characters with vibrant colours! I can't really think of anything I hate except colours that clash like this neon-dark-blue with this ugly neon pink or something like that but sometimes even that works and i don't really see it often so yeah...

Favorite memory you have relating to your characters?
I don't think I have a specific favourite memory but getting a dreamie and developing some characters is always a nice memory!

If you could change one thing about how you own or take care of your characters, what would it be?
I would probably start one of my planned comics already and get my characters more art

What is the most youd ever spend for a character?
probably around 5€ if i really like the design but mostly i stick to maximum 2 € because I don't have much money but the highest I did go on a character was 25€

What do you look for in adopts?
don't really have anything specific I pretty much like everything but I do ike unusual monster-like adopts they are pretty rare to find and somehow no one likes them which is sad but lucky for me because I can buy the stuff I want

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And to end this horribly long post i have some questions for you too!

Code: Select all
[b]Which species that usually no one makes characters of would you like to see as such more often?[/b]

mine would probably be dolphins I love them and no one really has dolphin characters so I would like to see them more

[b]Do your characters have a sexuality (like heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual etc.) ? If so is there a sexuality you have more of than the others?[/b]

[b]Choose a random book, open page 13 and read the last sentence on that page. Can it be related to any of your characters? If so which and why?[/b]

[b]Do I, [url=https://toyhou.se/Hoffnungsstern/characters]Hoffnungsstern[/url], have any characters you really like/love? Or even a dreamie?[/b]

I know I have much to many characters so I don't really expect anyone to answer this, but maybe you already know who you like or are bored or something like that
Hoffnungsstern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:47 pm

Hey all, so as some of you may know the past couple years I have hosted a Halloween event for the CAAA. So I was curious as to who all would be interested in another one, unlike previous ones it would be a sort of choose your own adventure and you would not be penalized for not doing a prompt. Instead you would get tickets for completion and such in which you could use to buy things that will be up raffle style.

The problem I see with this is so far it would jus the me doing prizes so it would be custom designs, art, premaid adopts. Though I would more than welcome any volunteers to donate anything for prizes.

If I get enough interest I will do it. If not I will not bother.

Please private message me with interest and if you would be willing to donate something and what
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuuya Kizami » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:19 am

Its been a couple years since Ive posted here haha, but just wanted to show off some charas and art and possibly rp them if anyone is interested

@ Ittam,
Wow Beautiful characters! I esp love Triskelion and Ryouta!!!

by the monster shop on da

by cydnes on DA

Dont know if anyone remembers him, but heres an oldie that I got art for; Trigger
art by dekucube on da

Last but not least; I got this awesome guy that I would love to rp with. Medic by colorful-gray
Yuuya Kizami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Violenca » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:22 am

Selling a lot of Cheap Games here which are way more expensive in the store
Here

Also having a super special charcter sale here !
Here
Here are Cheap HQ Designs!
Also Selling my Starfish MYO Slot for 25$
(https://www.deviantart.com/starfishpupm ... -741937410)

Message me on DA or on my discord Michihiro#0642

@Yuu:this monstershop babe is so georgeous <3
@Hoff: Gl in sellig your YCH's !
@Batman: the are of your defo super cute char is georgeous Q_Q I love their design btw <3
@pocket: this salamander boy is so cute <3 his markings are simple yet so beautiful ! also this shy art arww <3
@Siddy: i hop your secret halloween adopts sell good <3 these sneakpreviews look nice !

art by kirwick
Violenca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DEADPlNE » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:22 am

Unfortunately, due to some lazy mishaps and an apparent
screwed design composition, I've decided to sell my fursona.
I suppose I could still show the art I've recently gotten, though.

nostpromo

Vodd

I also managed to buy some customs ( two of which are
pending ). I got these babes, who I'll revamp ! I love them
and they already have concepts.

Taemyre

I've revamped the second boy, Crow

DEADPlNE

I
[b]Pick three characters. What will they dress up as, and why?[/b]

I no longer play chickensmoothie as actively as before,
so messages will be slow.

I'm willing to trade my pets for art and /
or characters, in large offers. Just send me a mess-
age. I'm more than willing to clear them out.
DEADPlNE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me