Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26: Secret Santa!

Postby PerfectWorld » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:54 am

Character Sale!

Question for you guys that I don't really see asked but think would be good knowledge for everybody
Code: Select all
[b]Reselling characters can be difficult. Where do you generally advertise resales and trades?[/b]

[b]When buying a resold character do you always double check ownership and art credits if they aren't confirmed? Yes or no? Why or why not?[/b]

[b]Do you find letting go of characters difficult? Do you generally resell characters or is it a rare occurrence for you?[/b]

@Jericho - aaaah that Smooshkin design is so cool! I wish you luck selling *-*
@bvrd - omg. Apollo is ADORABLE<3 What an adorable baby?? Id love to see them drawn in a thick lined chibi style with lots of bright colors!
@Whsiky - such lovely natural character designs<3 I really like the cute icon too - small snoot u3u <3
PerfectWorld

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby interstellar. » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:04 am

first of all, i just wanted to show off a few new characters i got!
first up is hazel, designed by me! she's a revamp of a very, very old character that i stopped using but now that i've remade her i'm hoping to use her a lot more. i really adore her, even if he design is very simple and probably not very original.

next is pandora, also designed by me but using tealea's base. i was making her to be sold originally, but i really liked her so i kept her c: i don't have any ideas for her yet, but i'm hoping to get some soon.

next is milo, designed by blue-retriever. it was more of an impulse buy since i actually really like the colours.

finally, spice. he was designed by idiot-of-russia, but i created this reference and changed him slightly. again, i have no development for him yet, but hopefully i do soon c:.

selling characters
https://toyhou.se/Hayzel/characters?page=1
i'm really looking to get some points, so my characters are up for sale! i don't have set prices, just make an offer. my toyhouse is a bit of a mess atm since i'm still sorting all the folders out. you can offer on unsorted, mains, secondary and any in sale/trade. basically an apart from the kalons folder. my mains will be harder, but you can still offer if you'd like to.

commissions
also taking commissions! my deviantart is here. prices are mostly pwyw, just be fair! please ignore the commissions journal, it is outdated. pm or note me, please!

@perfectworld -- good luck selling them!!
@girlychick -- i hope you can find characters you like.
@jericho -- best of luck selling them! it's sad to see you leave but i hope you are able to get what you like for them.
interstellar.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dancing.cinnamon~ » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:15 am

I'm going to start off with one of my newest little ones! This one was made by this person! (link to thread is here) Her name is Fall and she is one of my newest characters!

Next up is one of my all time favorites, Perezoso! (Means sloth in Spanish!) this fella was made by Prototype!

I hope you enjoy and thank you for reading!! Just wanted to show off a few of my favorites <3
“ appa, yip yip “
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
█ | she/her
█ | music
█ | anime
Dancing.cinnamon~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -TheBigBlueBear- » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:28 am

Looking to get some quick money for the weekend ;u; !!
I want to spend a little quality time with my wife doing something fun since she's been working hard all week with school and work. I need like $7 to buy her a hot coffee when she gets home from work too so if I can at least make that I'll be super happy !!

Please take a look it'd mean a lot to me QuQ

Selling EVERYONE HERE for a discounted price!
I've discounted them already in the journal but I'd be open to haggling more on a few of them if it means they sell : , )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@dancing.cinnamon~ - I love your sloth character they're so cute ???
@Hayzel - Hazel your cat char is really cute QUQ /
@PerfectWorld - Good Luck Selling <3 I would take a look but I don't have any money OTL (I love a few of your kids in there *Just looked* lol)
Last edited by -TheBigBlueBear- on Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
☆ ————————————————— ☆
☆ He/They ll Wife
- Liquidating + Quitting -
C$ + Lists for Custom OCs

☆ ————————————————— ☆
-TheBigBlueBear-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DEADPlNE » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:03 am

I have 2971 DA points and am looking for characters and art
PLEASE shoot me a message- I really have no use for points.

Oh boy, It's been a great day for my sona. I'm still waiting for one piece to get fixed, too.

linked due to slight blood in mouth
nostpromo

parasaurs - a gift !

parasaurs - another gift, and they are fixing the chin !

[b]How many character do you have and why ?[/b]

[b]Who is the most developed ? Share something about their story ![/b]

[b]Who have you drawn and / or written the most for ?[/b]

I no longer play chickensmoothie as actively as before,
so messages will be slow.

I'm willing to trade my pets for art and /
or characters, in large offers. Just send me a mess-
age. I'm more than willing to clear them out.
DEADPlNE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sheepuns » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:53 pm

Gosh I love the surge of activity in this place!
Long Post!

New Ocs
Awien, By Ittam

East, By Ittam

Ryouta, By Kessler

Pyrite, By Ittam

Pan, By Ittam

Triskelion, Lines by quardian, design by Ittam

Vulpecula, by Ittam

Connor, design by YamiMeme

Gossip, by Ittam

Missle, lines by quardie, design by Ittam

How many character do you have and why ?
I currently have 151 ocs! And it's mainly because I really do want to use them all in a story! One for my human mains, and one for my Ittam animal characters.

Who is the most developed ? Share something about their story !
...aha good question. Hmm, perhaps Oran is one of them! He has beliefs that lies actually aren't bad when in moderation and are used to help save people from hurt feelings. His father is a politician but he hates his politics so Oran is going into politics himself to challenge his father and bring him to his knees. He currently is also suffering in customer service and he enjoys stuffed animals.

Who have you drawn and / or written the most for ?
I've drawn the most for Silver! Written the most is Pallas, but I've retired most of my closed species.

Reselling characters can be difficult. Where do you generally advertise resales and trades?
Normally here, the CAAA group, and in the CAAA discord PFFF. I also submit into various adoptable groups too.

When buying a resold character do you always double check ownership and art credits if they aren't confirmed? Yes or no? Why or why not?
Absolutely. It's way too common to see stolen characters. It's best to be safe than sorry.

Do you find letting go of characters difficult? Do you generally resell characters or is it a rare occurrence for you?
YEAHHHHHH. It's a coin flip. I usually dont resell them, but I do want all designs to be loved. I'm more often to gift a character to someone who will love them than sell them.

Do I, Kat, have any characters that you like? Or might even consider a dreamie?
No dreamies, but I do like Sea and Arcade

Do I, Keyoto-TheFox, have any characters you love/want/or are a dreamie for you? Or, just who is your favorite?
Believe it or not, Jaesta is an absolute dreamie!

Do I, sixbane, have any dream characters/favorites?
As you know, your starsweet Capn Crunch for sure! Morgan the demon is a dream by backstory alone! But other characters I like are Ialu, Louis, Mettius, Mirela, Naima, Selkie, Sinbad, and this cutie!

do i, weegeestar5, own any characters that you really like? any dreamies? :3c
Teal is an almost dreamie! Other designs I really like are your warrior cats (PFF), Nebula, Neutron, Calidi, Mabel, and Copper!

who is your favorite of my (trashguts) characters? :3c
I absolutely love your sona Hooray! Goats are so good! Also Forg is cool and so is Dusk. I also can appreciate Snegg and Royce! Trashguts is a valid warrior name!

Do you have any characters that You almost want to make a mascot/sona
but don't completely feel like it is..you?

Yeah, Nori!

Which gender of character do you own more of?
Female and nonbinary!

What is your favorite and least favorite personality to have for a character?
I think it's kinda hard to say, since it really depends on what kind of character it is. I guess I'm not a big fan of the "i'll kill for my lover even though they aren't aware" kinda personality.

What do you love to see in characters and what do you hate to see?
I love to see characters in different outfits and clothes! It makes a character seem more well rounded when they have more outfits and such. I don't think I hate anything, but I do hate character drama.

Favorite memory you have relating to your characters?
Hmmm, probably when people said they really liked Silver! They were the starting point in encouraging me to design more!

If you could change one thing about how you own or take care of your characters, what would it be?
DRAW MORE WRITE MORE!

What is the most youd ever spend for a character?
100$ would be the most, probably. Any more and that would start to become a problem for me personally.

What do you look for in adopts?
I look for good colour palettes and a fun design that's also eye catching!

How do you go about designing characters? What do you start with? Colors, a personality?
I blink, hit my head on the keyboard, and a design appears. Normally I think about a pun or concept tbh. Or just look at a palette and think about what I could do with it.

What's your favorite name for a character you've ever seen? (Yours, or someone else's)
Believe it or not, it's Tyoltium! Sixbane named them, and it's so good!
Sixbane has another oc name I like, and it's Orphamiel.

Show me a character of yours from an unusual species! Something besides feline and canine. Like, does anyone have any mice?
Heheheheeh.
I'm not going to link ALL the sheep and goats I have individually, so here's a link to them all:
Sheep / Goats
Nudibranch
Cow
Seal, Seal
Badger
Alligator
Mouse / Rat
Ferret, Ferret
Red Panda, Red Panda
Otter
Bintourong
Pig, Pig
Pine Marten
Honey Badger
Coati, Coati
Wolverine
Rat
Aardvark
Bear, Bear
Rabbit
Wolpertinger
Quokka
Santamartamys
And that's not including all the monsters either

Do you have a mascot/sona? Show them off!
Boop! All three of em!

Do you have any specific dream characters? Do you attempt to obtain them or just quietly stalk?
No, not really. It's more like "wow I've love to own them!" and then if I see them for sale then I try and get them!

Do your characters share common colors/themes or do you have a varied mix
A very varied mix pffff

How do you feel about fna OCs, pokefusions, ponies, etc
I love them! I think they're really cool, but not really for me, I've found out.

Show off the last art piece you received
Bastille: art and design by Solminol

Do you have any current specific character goals? If so what are they?
YES! My goal list is:
- Start writing both stories
- Start drawing / writing more art that has characters interacting with each other
- Finish up their profile templates
- Finish profiles
- Give my face icon + pixel eyes for all my ocs
- Get a raccoon character

Questions:
[b]How have characters touched / affected your life?[/b]

[b]What got you into characters / adoptables?[/b]

[b]Do you prefer adoptables or your own designs?[/b]

[b]Do you plan on putting your ocs in a comic or story? If not, what do you currently use your ocs for?[/b]

[b]Pick an oc. Now, if you had to change their species, what species would you pick and why?[/b]

[b]Do I, Ittam, own any [url=https://toyhou.se/Ittam/characters]characters[/url] that you really like? Do you have any dreamies?[/b]

I hope it isn't bad to post this again either! I'm gifting out ocs and I'd love to gift a bit more of them to those who want em! <3

Replies:
@DEADPINE oooh, I love that art!
@-TheBigBlueBear- Ooh, good luck selling! I love that blue spotted doggo you're selling! But I must....resist....
@Dancing.cinnamon~ I love the sloth! How cute!!
@hayzel I love Milo! The purples are really nice!
@PerfectWorld I adore your ocs! They're honestly so pretty to look at!
@GirlyChick1 I hope you're able to buy the ocs you'd like!
@Jericho I do love Mozz! I hope they go to a good home especially!
@bvrd Welcome back! Also that little astronaut Apollo is really cute! <3
@Kat beautiful art of Novi! I love seeing the art you get of him!
@beau-tiful Good luck selling! I do love that cute pixel couple headshot you have!
@Keyoto-TheFox Rip, I also get art slowly now! But it's good art from Solminol so it's all good! Adorable!
@whisky I love that wolf of yours, very very pretty!
artshopdesign shopdAocs - sheepuns @ TH
ava: wyrd - siggy: kessler
sheepuns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mavryk Company » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:48 pm

@PerfectWorld: Saw some cool dudes! I hope you get some buyers!
@hayzel: Milo is so cute!! ;o; And I'm loving Hazel's new design! A+ choice on the eye color!
@Dancing.cinnamon~: I've never seen a sloth character around, how neat!
@-TheBigBlueBear-: Best of luck selling! I hope you get enough!
@DEADPINE: Man, I love that design!
@Ittam: Missle's such a cutie?? I love their color palette!! And the ideas for Pyrite and Gossip are super cool! o:

So I decided that I wanted to try out a new base, and figured I should probably make a new design to sell off later. Problem is, that's not exactly what happened, then I got attached, and now I have a new bean! ;u;

This is Sync! For normal day to day, he leaves his fur natural. But when he goes to cause trouble (tm), he paints it and dyes his hair!

Base by MeepinBloodeh on DA, design by me!

who is your favorite of my (trashguts) characters? :3c
Snegg for sure! Hands down!

Do I, Ittam, own any characters that you really like? Do you have any dreamies?
I love Xenodu and Allen! I'd say Allen might be a mini-dreamie. c:

gonna,, hop on the bandwagon cause im lame
[b]Do I, [url=https://toyhou.se/MavrykCompany/characters/folder:all]Mavryk Company[/url] own any Dreamies, or characters you just really like?[/b]:

sync aint on there yet ^.^'
➸ adult
toyhouse
zendaru's twin
info:
[b/t/s charas]
av + tags | ➸ trades open
Mavryk Company

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wesley » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:58 am

@Sixbane - Bartholomew is so cute ahh I just want to pet his fluffy ears.

@bvrd - Apollo is really cute, I love the lil stickers on him!

@Ittam - Missile is super cute, aw c:

aAhhh, just got this guy as a custom from sisyo on Flight Rising! His name is Hajime, and he is the last character that I needed to have a visual for in the story that I'm working on writing;
    I really love the melded skull ring that they gave him! c:

Now I just need to order a few more art pieces of the characters I already have for the story (you can see them here) because I changed Demarcus's race to half African American and half Caucasian and I need to give Haruka a scythe because that's one of her character's accessories, but I finished naming all of them yesterday & just need to do a ton of development now before I can really dive into writing this baby!!

Got a couple other characters that don't have to do with the novel I'm writing as well! ;u;

This guy is named Artur (Art for short) and if you've ever seen Adventure Time or are familiar, he's a giant abstract being like Prismo who connects all of the cultures, worlds, and dimensions through an appreciation of the arts.
    I want to get a digital chibi reference for him!

And this is Lu-Yu, my Chinese ram! He is a candle maker and a gardener; he loves Oolong tea c:

I am definitely looking for more characters as well, especially something Halloween-based or just autumn/spooky in general. I've already sort of started celebrating :')

I'm trying not to spent USD (at least til my next paycheck comes in) but I've got 1,000 DA points, 672C$, Rares List, about $500 worth of Flight Rising currency, and can also write or make aesthetic mood boards in exchange. PM me if you've got any cute spookies!

P.S. Just put out a set of 13 Halloween adoptables - all humanoid!
    CLICK HERE TO SEE
Wesley
she/they genderqueer demisexual lesbian

ART FIGHT || FLIGHT RISING

Hello, my name is Wesley & I have a Juris Doctor!
I collect crystals/minerals, Build a Bears, & stickers.
I am also interested in dinosaurs, Glass Animals, Animal Crossing, Pokemon,
various anime shows, magic, and writing/character collecting!
My birthday is August 8th!
I'm a non-theistic eclectic witch. ♥

Image Image Image Image

Art to left by lemonlotte
Wesley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Emris » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:07 am

@Dancing
I've never seen a sloth character before!
@Pine
Your sona is so nice and simple I love it
@Ittam
I love all your new kiddos, especially Missle oml

I've gotten two new kiddos to show off lately!

This is Beep
Base by nadopt@da and design by peachynight@da

And this gorgeous noodle who doesn't have a name yet
I think I'm going t omake her a bit more snake like anatomically but I've had my eye on her for a while so it's great to finally own her!
Design and art by Nullis

Since I last posted I got this adorable doodle from qwertyo/Solminol of Guts in their 900 watcher celebration

I received their half of an art trade with the amazing Pepperoonie on da and I'm still just floored at how awesome this piece is

And I made these two pieces of Guts and one of my fumi dragons Melon
Image Image

Kale of course, with Umbra a close second!

Do I, Mavryk Company own any Dreamies, or characters you just really like?:
No dream chars but Chum is super cool!!

How many character do you have and why ?
Right now I have 160 characters, as for why...Idk I guess I just love having a big crew to draw and develop ^^

Who is the most developed ? Share something about their story !
Definitely Guts (no shock there lmao)
One fun part of his story is that he was raised by a race of giant salamanders, who now worship him as their god xD

Who have you drawn and / or written the most for ?
....Guts lol
I guess I just have the strongest connection to him

How have characters touched / affected your life?
I have made so many amazing friends through the character community and I will always be grateful for that. It's also because of characters that I really became interested in digital art!

What got you into characters / adoptables?
Partially my best friend irl, and partially good old JellyBean Dragons back in the old days when they were here on CS

Do you prefer adoptables or your own designs?
Adoptables, I struggle to connect with my own designs unfortunately.

Do you plan on putting your ocs in a comic or story? If not, what do you currently use your ocs for?
I've considered it but don't really have the commitment lol. I mostly draw them and work out headcannons with friends ^^

Pick an oc. Now, if you had to change their species, what species would you pick and why?
Guts ofc.....hmm that's tough maybe I'd turn him into a fumi dragon? I'm mildly addicted to fumis and I think he'd look super cool as a big monstrous brute.
My Deviantart
My Toyhouse
I am always happy to talk about my
characters, art, CS related things, etc
so if you need/want anything just pm me!

icon by GOD-LIKES-ME

Pet's name: Beefcake
Emris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby redhorizon » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:34 am

Sorry to post so soon again, just answering a couple more questions and hopping on the bandwagon haha

Ooooo you have so many!! I love re:Mix, Geist, Vincent, Sword, Alabaster, Queue, Hajime, and Vx!
As far as dreamies, Silver, Ditsea, Tiny, and Umbra will always have my heart!

Do I, Mavryk Company own any Dreamies, or characters you just really like?:

Ooooo not quite dreamies but these kids caught my eye!!

https://toyhou.se/2795759.estin
https://toyhou.se/1246125.lyharia
https://toyhou.se/2109914.slatestep

[b]Do I, [url=https://sta.sh/21dwh2nzp8j4]beau-tiful[/url], own any of your dreamies? Characters you love/really like?[/b]

Boosh unless we're friends ♡ He/him ♡ Trans/Bi ♡ ASD ♡ Partner (12/15/2019)

Artist/Designer
Linecook
Flutist

Harry Styles & Horizon #1 Fanboy

My partner, dog, rats and comfort games ARE my life

PFP by me, sig by Onlyhalfpigeon
redhorizon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes