Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Postby Oshawott8888 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:38 pm

sweet tea wrote:i've created my trick/treat messages for this year! both include the same first paragraph, but the responses to it differ. i wanted to utilise my item hoard pet this year because it's just too funny. this is my trick message:
"
      Pet's name: blubblubblub

Many things seemed awry about this house. As the door creaks open, a fish comes into view. At this point, there are many questions one may concern themselves with: What is a fish doing in a house? Why isn't it moving? Why is the building completely filled with water on the inside, but no water is pouring out through the door? And lastly, for what are all those plants?

A tiny bubble escapes the stagnant fish and rises to the ceiling. Nothing much is to be gained from this experience other than feelings of discomfort, confusion, and frustration. As one walks away, the door slowly closes behind them.

Trick.
"

oh my gosh
this is definitely the most unique one I've seen haha
I love it :'>
─────────────────────────────────────────
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

ImageHi! I'm Osha!Image
ImageAnime and BTS obsessedImage
ImageLoves BirbsImage
───────{Image}─────
Image.
Image.

.....................ImageImageImage
Internet Addict~
ImageImage
Oshawott8888

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellebore » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:53 am

May I get an opinion on my story? I know it's long for LOLO but I already had a great deal of trouble making it this concise. I am indeed worried about getting tricks over its length and my fear that it just isn't likable, so any feedback would be appreciated.

ChickenSmoothie, June 19, 1777

﹥ Maris gazed beyond the comfits and sugarplums and through the windowpane to the Bennet Confectionary, where a confectioner whispered to a passerby. Mr. Bennet and his workers had been spreading gossip that their competition, the confectionary across from them in which Maris worked, sold the products of outdated and archaic recipes. That gossip was taking its toll as potential customers turned away and left the business near penniless.
"What a louse!" she huffed.
﹥ However, Lucinda, Maris' employer, hatched a plan and got her paws on an ancient tome of magic said to hold the secret for time travel. She had been successful in making a window to the future, which she opened in a backroom while attempting a functional passageway.
﹥ Maris left the window for the backroom, stepping inside just in time to see a portal grow into the air.
"Eureka--my dear, we have it!" said Lucinda. "They will never call our confections 'old-fashioned' again!"
The swirling spectacle of dazzling stars shifting to ancient scenes so fascinated Maris that she could barely utter her simple question. "But what shall we do?"
﹥ "I've been observing the behavior of peoples centuries ahead. All Hallow's Eve becomes very popular. Ghoulish costumes are donned and sweetmeats are dispersed freely on the streets at the call of 'trick-or-treat', as odd a practice as that sounds," she explained. "I desire to send you to the future to gather me unusual 'candies,' (which they are named in the future), for to sell and silence our most disagreeable competition!"
﹥ Maris snapped her attention to Lucinda at hearing of her task, but not a moment was given for her to object before bat wings were fastened to her back and a basket shoved into her chest.
﹥ The words "God be with you!" rang in Maris' ears as she was shoved through the portal, screaming into a whirl of starlight.

ChickenSmoothie, October 31, 2017

﹥ Maris tumbled onto cool grass before looking upward at frightening sights! No, no, not the fake ghosts hanging from the trees, not the giant plastic spiders adorning homes. Rather, how did that roaring carriage move without horses? Were they invisible? What lanterns burned in the night without flame? Why were these people looking into glowing slates and how did these slates glow? She wanted nothing to do with the apparent witchcraft of the future. Scrambling up with her basket, she raced to the nearest house, eager to complete her task and leave.
﹥ Maris knocked and called out,

"Trick-or-treat!"
CHARACTER CLEAROUT
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Please let me know if I overpay a lot in trades!! I probably don't know!
Only returning for trades
Chronically ill but sword in hand
Armed but warm-hearted

xxxxxxx about | my : sweets
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
playing HZD between naps ██████★
bats | flowers | moths ★█████
▬▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hellebore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RandomSia » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:55 pm

Ichabod wrote:May I get an opinion on my story? I know it's long for LOLO but I already had a great deal of trouble making it this concise. I am indeed worried about getting tricks over its length and my fear that it just isn't likable, so any feedback would be appreciated.

ChickenSmoothie, June 19, 1777

﹥ Maris gazed beyond the comfits and sugarplums and through the windowpane to the Bennet Confectionary, where a confectioner whispered to a passerby. Mr. Bennet and his workers had been spreading gossip that their competition, the confectionary across from them in which Maris worked, sold the products of outdated and archaic recipes. That gossip was taking its toll as potential customers turned away and left the business near penniless.
"What a louse!" she huffed.
﹥ However, Lucinda, Maris' employer, hatched a plan and got her paws on an ancient tome of magic said to hold the secret for time travel. She had been successful in making a window to the future, which she opened in a backroom while attempting a functional passageway.
﹥ Maris left the window for the backroom, stepping inside just in time to see a portal grow into the air.
"Eureka--my dear, we have it!" said Lucinda. "They will never call our confections 'old-fashioned' again!"
The swirling spectacle of dazzling stars shifting to ancient scenes so fascinated Maris that she could barely utter her simple question. "But what shall we do?"
﹥ "I've been observing the behavior of peoples centuries ahead. All Hallow's Eve becomes very popular. Ghoulish costumes are donned and sweetmeats are dispersed freely on the streets at the call of 'trick-or-treat', as odd a practice as that sounds," she explained. "I desire to send you to the future to gather me unusual 'candies,' (which they are named in the future), for to sell and silence our most disagreeable competition!"
﹥ Maris snapped her attention to Lucinda at hearing of her task, but not a moment was given for her to object before bat wings were fastened to her back and a basket shoved into her chest.
﹥ The words "God be with you!" rang in Maris' ears as she was shoved through the portal, screaming into a whirl of starlight.

ChickenSmoothie, October 31, 2017

﹥ Maris tumbled onto cool grass before looking upward at frightening sights! No, no, not the fake ghosts hanging from the trees, not the giant plastic spiders adorning homes. Rather, how did that roaring carriage move without horses? Were they invisible? What lanterns burned in the night without flame? Why were these people looking into glowing slates and how did these slates glow? She wanted nothing to do with the apparent witchcraft of the future. Scrambling up with her basket, she raced to the nearest house, eager to complete her task and leave.
﹥ Maris knocked and called out,

"Trick-or-treat!"

I love it!! Very original! I don't think it's too terribly long personally but I like the longer more detailed stories. I don't know about others but I personally don't give tricks to longer stories it just takes me a little longer to send a treat because I want to read the story before sending something.
RandomSia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellebore » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:02 pm

Thank you so very much! I would have loved to make it more descriptive but had to keep its purpose in mind. Thanks again!
CHARACTER CLEAROUT
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Please let me know if I overpay a lot in trades!! I probably don't know!
Only returning for trades
Chronically ill but sword in hand
Armed but warm-hearted

xxxxxxx about | my : sweets
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
playing HZD between naps ██████★
bats | flowers | moths ★█████
▬▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hellebore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby misted » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:42 pm

wow, everyone is already making their trick/treat pets! They all look super creative and why are you guys all so talented at writing?!

aaA I guess I'll have to get round to that soon....
x
THE LITTLE
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
IN!IN!
IN!IN!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey! I'm Misted.
I love art, music, writing and
marvel! feel free to pm me
for trade questions or to talk~
- dogtag UFT!! -
[deviantart]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
▒▒
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx© xxxxxxxx
misted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Blufox » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:23 am

Does LOLO start at rollover tonight?
animated by me! ref
-Blufox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:48 am

-TruBlue wrote:Does LOLO start at rollover tonight?

Yes ^^
I'll be updating the front page when that happens and getting the playerlist up.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Blufox » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:55 am

Celozon wrote:

Yes ^^
I'll be updating the front page when that happens and getting the playerlist up.

Thanks!
animated by me! ref
-Blufox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oshawott8888 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:03 am

Celozon wrote:

Yes ^^

Wow i'm so excited :00
I'll have to clean out my pms haha
─────────────────────────────────────────
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

ImageHi! I'm Osha!Image
ImageAnime and BTS obsessedImage
ImageLoves BirbsImage
───────{Image}─────
Image.
Image.

.....................ImageImageImage
Internet Addict~
ImageImage
Oshawott8888

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:32 am

Oshawott8888 wrote:Wow i'm so excited :00
I'll have to clean out my pms haha

I just keep a separate folder for trick or treat messages, have the rules for my inbox set up so most of them will just ben sent there automatically. You might try that, it also makes it easier to check if someone came to your house already, and you can always set up multiple folders if one fills up ^^
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me