Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26 Summer Event

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous v.26: Secret Santa!

Postby p-plum » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:36 pm

Long post ahead!
You have been warned...

Advertisement

I have these super cute cake-themed kitties up for sale on my Deviantart!
1, 2, and 3 are still open for anyone who wants to snag them!
They are all flat price, so don't worry about anybody taking them last minute ;D
Find them here

Newcomers

Toyhou.se
Design + Art by me, Tetrafins species by Rinnai-Rai @ Deviantart

Casper is such a good lad!!!
I found out about this species not so long ago, and as soon as I saw them I knew
that I needed one... he is a chubby nudibranch boy

Toyhou.se
Design + Art by Starrytearss @ Deviantart, Dessert Buns species by same artist

More proof that I can't resist designs from Starrytearss...
Look at her ... She looks so soft and fluffy I want to take a bite out of her lmao

Toyhou.se
Design + Art by Starrytearss @ Deviantart, Dessert Buns species by same artist

Ok, even more proof...
I love dinos!!! And again, I can't resist these kinds of characters!!

Toyhou.se
Design + Art by Starrytearss @ Deviantart, Kittydogs species by Kittydog

This may be a little ridiculous.
Ok for real though, gah I adore kittydogs. I've always wanted one ever since
I found out about their existence. They're just so cute!! I'm planning on making a
few tiny tweaks to this cutie's design, but apart from that they are just perfect ♥

Toyhou.se
Design + Art by bicactus @ Deviantart

Alright I promise I'll stop spamming y'all with Starrytearss designs lmao
A cutie from bicactus, another designer I love!! Look at the little speckles !!
Again, looking to make some minor changes to them, but they're just so cute
already I would feel bad doing that haha :,D

Answering questions

Do you have any characters that You almost want to make a mascot/sona
but don't completely feel like it is..you?

Oh, how I want to make Catalogue my fursona lol. They are just... so good... I love
them so much haha!! I may end up making them my mascot but I could not bare to
take Spice down from her throne as my sona. Plus, I definitely Spice personally suits
me much more than Catalogue does, as much as I love them ^^;

Which gender of character do you own more of?
Definitely female. I don't have anything against male characters, mind you! I still have
a lot of them ^^ But the kinds of designs I like and aesthetics I enjoy are just more suited
towards the feminine side, you know?

What is your favorite and least favorite personality to have for a character?
I usually end up finding lots of my characters to have a very active and bubbly personality,
but I've certainly been trying to cut down on it. I wouldn't say I have a personality I like
the least, but I find it more difficult to write convincing personalities for characters
who are very complex emotionally. I think the character that was the hardest for me
to stick a personality to was Umber, but he turned out
very well in my opinion so what am I to say? ^^;

What do you love to see in characters and what do you hate to see?
I love characters that you can tell have a story behind them. It just makes me happy
to see that the character has some effort put behind them! Personally, I don't like to
see characters that look very 'samey', if that makes sense. With popular artists, you
start to find that lots of designs start to look... well, a bit similar. But maybe that's
just me being picky ;p

Favorite memory you have relating to your characters?
Creating Spice ♥ She was made when I just came out as a furry! It was a bit of a
wild ride creating her, since I had no idea what I was doing, haha. Her old design looks
nothing like her new one, mind you... the old one was... well, it was something.

If you could change one thing about how you own or take care of your characters, what would it be?
Oh man, I think I need to develop them all a bit more. I always have some kind of story
for them in my head, but I never put in the time to develop it more or even write
it down, for that matter. I'm a bit lazy, haha. I also find that it's difficult for me to buy
art for them, since I'm not the richest, but I'll be honest, I think that's just cause I buy too
many designs, haha.

What is the most youd ever spend for a character?
I was actually having a think about this before! I would certainly not go over $25 - unless
they were a major dreamie. I just find buying something for so much really silly.

What do you look for in adopts?
Generally just designs/aesthetics I like! It's difficult to tell if I'd like one or not, though.
I'm someone who has to be attached to a character to buy it/keep it.

@trashguts I'm weeping Snegg is so weird but cute at the same time?? i love them so much
@Keyoto-TheFox Ezmi is so cuuuutee!! I love sea slugs so much, they're my favourite sea creatures ♥
@DEADPlNE Good luck selling those characters!! Some of them are super cute ahh !!
@fiji MIGUEL IS SO GOOD!!! THAT DESIGN!!! The coloursss ♥♥
p-plum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weegeestar5 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:37 am

b o y this is a long post, u have been warned

---

ok im rlly interested
Code: Select all
[b]do i, weegeestar5, own any [url=https://toyhou.se/weegeestar5/characters/folder:all]characters[/url] that you really like? any dreamies? :3c[/b]

----

@violenca, man you have some rlly cute ocs for sale!! that new oc is v cute omg,,
@hoffnungsstern, yo that piece of art is awesome! i love their fire hair :0
@-thebigbluebear-, yo ur sona looks awesome !!! i love his colours!
@dragonmaster1, that character is super cool! i love lightning themes!!
@deadpine, your new sona is super cute!! i love their design!! that new oc looks super cool too!
@morelull, those adopts are gorgeous, good luck selling! those new ocs of urs are all super adorable too omg !!!

----

Do you have a mascot/sona? Show them off!

I have 5 sonas and one mascot!
theres lynt, who is a grumpy fool
[by silhh @ dA]
kidd, who is a childish dork
[by treeiights]
hiroaki, a tired nerd
[by crazyclaw+]
danny, an anxious and comedic dork
[by sebeon]
Emily, the ultimate sass master
[by katkreator @ dA]
duvosh is my foolish mascot. i love them
[by me]

Do you have any specific dream characters? Do you attempt to obtain them or just quietly stalk?

hmmm, yes, I think I have a couple!
I generally just quietly stalk, but if they go up for sale ill just be eyeing them and seeing if I can offer lol

Do your characters share common colors/themes or do you have a varied mix

I have over 900 ocs oof. def varies. but I love any sort of teal on ocs lol

How do you feel about fna OCs, pokefusions, ponies, etc

-looks at my 1002902992 warriors, pokemon, homestuck etc ocs-
-sweats nervously-
I like them! its fun to make chars fit into a world :0

Show off the last art piece you received

hm, this is the latest piece of art that ive done!
[by me]

Do you have any current specific character goals? If so what are they?

to uhhh actually develop and draw all of my ocs at some point in my life lol

How do you go about designing characters? What do you start with? Colors, a personality?

usually colours and a theme!

Show me a character of yours from an unusual species! Something besides feline and canine. Like, does anyone have any mice?
my "other species" folder fits :p I also have some guinea pig ocs haha

Do I, Ittam, own any characters that you really like? Do you have any dreamies?

god yes u do
dreamies? maybe?: biscotti, prince, rach
not dreamies but I just really like them ok: bastille, pignolo, queen, taliah, Victoria, Vincent, sword, evie, tiny, xelda, vachel

Do you have any characters that You almost want to make a mascot/sona but don't completely feel like it is..you?

hm. I don't really want to make any ocs of mine into sonas, even if their personality is close to mine, bc ive had 5 sonas for 6 years [and 5 is my lucky number lol]. but ye kind of I guess? idk im p content w my 5 sonas lol

roughly 50% male, 35% female, and 15% nb chars
so more male ocs generally speaking! tho im making a lot of my new chars to be nb tbh lol

god I love making loyal and anxious ocs lol
its always hard for me to make chars who r just. big jerks. idk why

I love 2 see teal. give me all of the teal
i don't rlly like bright/clashing colours

tbh just??? all of the friends ive made???? ily all

If you could change one thing about how you own or take care of your characters, what would it be?

I would love to be able to draw all of them a ton and develop them a ton

I generally tend to trade w art for ocs so im not sure lol

uh. designs that I like? tbh my design taste is p varied so. yknow

who is your favorite of my (trashguts) characters? :3c

i love appletail, doefur, dusk, luna, and nettlecloud !!
weegeestar5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neon sparks » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:23 am

long post ahoy

Do you have any characters that You almost want to make a mascot/sona
but don't completely feel like it is..you?

yep! I have one or two actually

this one doesnt really count because she actually is me. her names sparks

the real answer to this question is macaroon.
i use her as a rep for the species I do art for, which is why shes both babusagi and starshine.

males definitely.
my favourite personality is the sweet innocent baby who just wants to be loved but is having a rough time of life.
my least favourite is the overpowered, its probably pretty cliche but I do like to have a strong character to sometimes? and it just kinda sucks when no matter how much more powerful you make them to try and have a spotlight this time, the other person has to be better.
I love character design, the design is what I go for first 90% of the time.
I hate to see characters who I just can't think of a use for, "i dont deserve you but you're just so pretty."
shhhipping and cute stuff
id give all of them good long storeys if I could
What is the most you'd ever spend for a character?
the most expensive character I own cost me 20$
visual design.

@Morelull - those new characters are lovely
@DEADPlNE - nice designs, simple is underappreciated sometimes
@dragonmaster11 - that character looks cool, great work!
@-TheBigBlueBear- - super interesting character, grats on him
@Violenca - all those chars are awesome especially the bagbean? i think thats what its called X3 hes super cute
xXXXXXXXXXXzzzxxzXXxxxxxxUsed to be Lieutenant sparks

xx
xx

┌──────────────────────────────┐
xxxxxx| my toyhou.se | | my Deviantart | | Commissons are: Open |
└──────────────────────────────┘
┌──────────────────────────────┐

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
└──────────────────────────────┘

xx
ImageImage
Neon sparks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shawty-cs » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:35 am

hello hello !
I'm really sorry if I can't do this, I'm also pretty new here but I read the rules so I think this is okay!

ADVERTISEMENT OTA CHARACTERS

(Click)

@weegeestar5 - kidd is so adorable its crazy, they remind me of candy corn lol
@morelull - aaa those kiddies are so cute!! I love them especially the third! I'll probably buy if I have enough !!
@trashguts - i love anshrew so much and his name omg !!!
any designs you see of mine, that is not credited to shawty on th is STOLEN artwork.
shawty-cs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GIGABITE » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:13 am

Quick edit;; I'll try to get some comments down it's just been a long weekend and I'm tired

Do you have any characters that You almost want to make a mascot/sona but don't completely feel like it is..you?

my girl Mango
(art by me)
I really like her and she'd be a fun 'sona, but she's not like me the same way my actual fursona Kajah is

I checked my active character numbers, and it comes to (not including things like tokotas, which I don't really count as true characters).. 28 female, 34 male, and 2 nonbinary. So the winner is male, by kind of a small margin

My character personalities are incredibly nuanced - it's hard to pin down exact traits that I like/dislike. But many of my characters tend to be more easygoing and overall good-natured, I don't think I have too many starkly serious/killjoy characters. Maybe like two.

I love seeing complex personalities and histories. I love characters that have a realistic touch to them like that, almost like they could be real people if they were in our world. I dislike 'gimmicky' characters based on one quirky trait/concept with little room to go deeper. They can be fun/cute in their own way and there's some unique designs I've seen, they're just not for me personally.

When the kiamara DA group was more active, there was relatively frequent prompt competitions where you could write about/draw your kia of choice in a situation based on the prompt. I also liked when they were still on CS and long/in-depth competitions for free ones still happened. Those times were fun and were great for character development. Nowadays if there's a free one it's like "draw one pixel drawing of the kia" or "describe their personality in 100 words or less"

Not sure, maybe draw them all more instead of redrawing the same 5 over and over? It's a bad habit. I love the rest too much to be rid of them though.

From experience, less than $100 max but generally I go for $30 and under with the rare exception of higher. though I did attempt to snare my only dream character (yup, I have literally only one dream character!) for a bit more than that. Someone swiped him from under me with an offer of like $300 or something though so at this point he's unattainable for me unless the owner later tries to swap him instead of sell.

I'm.. not 100% sure. I design most of my own characters. I do like unusual/striking color combinations though. And spots

How do you go about designing characters? What do you start with? Colors, a personality?
I probably already answered this one when it/some version of it was first asked but imma answer it again with my latest perspective. I often sort of get a personality in my head, then pick a species that I enjoy that may fit the personality outline I've chosen. I might start tossing out some color palettes to potentially work with, mixing and experimenting until I find something I like. Occasionally once I get the design going I decide the colors aren't quite right and may alter (such as lighten or darken one or more colors) or completely change them depending on my mood.
Markings are a trickier decision to pin down because I don't really have a process for them. I just sort of go with whatever I think will look interesting. Sometimes it works, other times I redo the design or an element of it a couple of times. For example, with my character Gus, there is a prototype of his design with an altered version of the back marking where he has three stripes at the top instead of two. It looked nice enough but I eventually settled on his current design.

What is the highest amount of characters you've owned at once?
Hmm... I think I topped out at around 70 at one point. Recently cleaned out a bunch/set some aside for revamping

@fiji - that first one is real cute o:
@Lieutenant sparks - I LOVE the colors on Macaroon - so cute!!
@weegeestar5 - I really like all of that art ^^ the one you did with the cats is adorable
@Morelull - Those characters are fantastic, I really like the soft colors on many of em. Those designs are rad too
@DEADPlNE - that is a really nice fursona o: there's something super charming about the muted colors and simplicity

Bisexual - Non-Binary - Any pronouns
Characters - DeviantArt

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
GIGABITE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lepid » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:34 am

@GIGABITE: long time no see! I recognize you and your gorgeous style aaaaa. (Or at least I believe that’s you oops) but I love your mascot! She’s so pretty and bright and playful?? She’s adorable.
@Fiji: I’m loving that third one’s palette! I’m a sucker for dark designs haha. Good luck selling them! c:
@Lieutenant Sparks: Hello!! I love love LOVEEEE Sparks and always have honestly she’s amazing. I used to have a humanoid based off of me but then I kinda went eh,,,,, but it’s all good haha. That art is also cute!

Selling some HQ characters!

Yep! Doing a super tiny character clean out haha. Click here if you’re interested! <3 Thank you to anyone who stops by and have a good day!

Also am willing to haggle on the prices a tiny bit haha.

Lepid - She/her & They/them - INFJ - Adult

Mainly here to lurk and adopt pets.

Credits: Wolfboy (th), palelibrarian (dA)
Lepid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clemmie » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:53 am

Username: statuettic
    Most recently obtained character: fenrys
    Favorite character that you own: shrimp
    How many characters do you own?: 30ish
    Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": not yet, im honestly kinda new to this lmao
    membership form
hi i'm clem !
she/her - adult
trades - toyhouse

sig art & pfp art
clemmie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenNyra » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:31 am

Ello ello! Loooong post ahead hehe
Art by Sixbane
My girl Rouge! She is super fun to draw and is overall a *comfort* character that i can draw to cheer myself up but she is way too hyperactive and overly happy to be a sona for me

I own 17 female characters and 18 male characters so i guess it's pretty even :D

I like characters that i can relate to and that means pretty realistic characteristics. Chars that are way too cheerful tend to get on my nerves (but i do like some crazy ones haha)

I love characters that tell a story. I love to see different artwork of them and still think: man this looks interesting i bet it's important to the characters backstory. What i don't like are bright, clashing neon colors or missing limbs...

I met a lot of my best friends through role playing with my sona and she helped me when i was in a really bad place.

For once piece? Well my most expansive piece of art is this one of my bby eden
By favetoni
If i remember correctly it was around 30-40€?
I guess Eden and Nyra are the ones that i spent the most money on

I always start with a personality and a backstory and start to design the character around that. nowadays i prefer human or anthro characters and sometimes start with clothing to find some inspiration.

What is the highest amount of characters you've owned at once?
Right now i own 33 and i think i never owned more

Do you have any specific dream characters? Do you attempt to obtain them or just quietly stalk?
I have a few but i honestly need to say: i do not spent money on characters anymore (only for art). If i buy them it's for points or Art and thats because i often realize that i can't connect to the character AFTER i spent money on them ^^'

Do your characters share common colors/themes or do you have a varied mix
Most of my characters are white/black with one brighter color to mix things up. I don't really like plain, natural designs (even tho my main character is 90% white haha) i think i'm a bit lazy with that.

How do you feel about fna OCs, pokefusions, ponies, etc
Good question...i had a lot of warriors characters (and i'm thinking about re-joining the fanbase for this) but most other characters related to that? meh... I think it's harder to develop them and i don't like most fanbases as they are pretty toxic
(oh and i personally get extremely annoyed if everyone around me just randomly throws fan-designs around because i think original characters have a lot more to them but everyone is different and i would never say something against a character or an owner personally)

Show off the last art piece you received
I think that would be this one of skye
by Mentalhealthmedic

Is there a certain artist that you continuously buy art from?
Yes! Peggie-Sued (on DA) is my favourite Anthro artist and every time i'm able to afford something i go buy something from them!

What's your favorite name for a character you've ever seen? (Yours, or someone else's)
Oh let me tell you a story then: many many years ago i saw a character named Nyra and i loved the name so much that i named my own Sona like this and my real name was changed into it as well (i hated my original name haha)

Do you have a mascot/sona? Show them off!
My beloved baby Nyra is my main Sona
by treeiights
As well as my boy Eden
by Uitron-Prime

I wanted to show you the artworks i did as requests for some lovely people over on the Kalon Fanclub!
(characters belong to their respective owners)

Quick advertisement for my Commissions

@GIGABITE: Mango is super cute! I love her pattern and colors a lot ;v;
@ Lieutenant sparks: Sparks is super cute i love that artwork xD Macaroon is super cute as well i like the natural color mixed with pink!
@weegeestar5: lynt is so cute?? Such a grumpy boy I adore kidd a lot and the artwork is so cute qvq
@Morelull: super cute adopts you got there! Casper is super cute? I never heard of this species before but they look so interesting i need to check them out :D
@DEADPINE: Your new sona looks awesome! I love dark characters so much ;v; Also the pitbull is amazing i love these doggos
Nyra | She/ Her | German & English | Artist
QueenNyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:53 am

statuettic wrote:
    Username: statuettic
    Most recently obtained character: fenrys
    Favorite character that you own: shrimp
    How many characters do you own?: 30ish
    Do you consider yourself a "character hoarder?": not yet, im honestly kinda new to this lmao
    membership form

Accepted welcome.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:32 am

fiji wrote:

Accepted welcome.
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me