Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Lights On Lights Off Fanclub

Postby non » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:46 am

non wrote:Image
Here's my dressup of Mia, my lovely doggo! She's going as a flower princess! The bag is to hold the treats. Should I ditch the bow and arrow? Any opinions are appreciated because last year Angelica went as a witch which is a little boring.
@KittyWarrior
Oop- v cool! I love
Edit:
Yes! After an endless amount of time picking fresh flowers for her dress it was ready. As she glued on the last flower she felt that excitement welling up in herself. Mia had been waiting since early July for Halloween! And today's the day. She was sorry Peter didn't like Halloween so much. He said he'd rather give out treats at home. "Okay." She'd said a bit sorrowfully. But that was all out of her head as she walked out the door with her flower-bag. "See you, Peter." she left.
She walked down the road passing houses with lights off wondering who the heck wouldn't give out candy on Halloween. She walked up to a brightly lit house and knocked on the door, saying excitedly, "Trick or treat!"
What do you guys think? Does it go on too long about Peter? He's the door greeter.

I'm not really a good writer so I want to be sure! What do you guys think? I'm kinda afraid it goes on too long about Peter.
@darkestwerewolf
What is it supposed to be?? Just asking no offense to you please!
I like the wings! Honestly I love the dressup haha
@kia_bee
ariel! Yee
william <3

HI I FINALLY GOT ACCESS TO THIS ACCOUNT AGAIN AFTER YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't think any of my friends are on here anymore..? but this is so nostalgic to me. i probably won't ever participate in the trading again, but i'll try to be around on the oekaki boards n maybe giving my stuff away in various ways<3
non

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:47 am

@non
    Thank you but it's fine. No offence taken xD It's suppose to be just a shadow monster/creature.
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby non » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:20 am

DarkestWerewolf wrote:
    @non
    Thank you but it's fine. No offence taken xD It's suppose to be just a shadow monster/creature.

Hmm! It's a really great dressup lmao
I think it's fine but I've only joined lolo once haha
william <3

HI I FINALLY GOT ACCESS TO THIS ACCOUNT AGAIN AFTER YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!! i don't think any of my friends are on here anymore..? but this is so nostalgic to me. i probably won't ever participate in the trading again, but i'll try to be around on the oekaki boards n maybe giving my stuff away in various ways<3
non

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby forestfolke » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:44 am

DarkestWerewolf wrote:
    I think my post got swallowed up the last two times but I need some feedback on my dress up. I've added wings to him but I'm not sure if i should remove it or leave it on. I can't really move the wings anywhere else as it will cover the expression of the lurking shadow so this is the best I could do for both the expression and wings to be visibly but if any of you all have any ideas on how to improve etc. Please let me know! :)

personally i don't like the wings. they're cool but cover too much of his silhouette in my opinion, the idea of a tall looming creepy shadow monster kind of gets taken down a notch because of the volume on top added by the wings
Follow me on Deviantart or Tumblr or YouTube to see my art!

I am not active on CS anymore except on the rare occasion.
If you'd like to talk to me please do so on one of the sites linked above. Thanks!
forestfolke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Musicality » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:27 am

DarkestWerewolf wrote:
    I think my post got swallowed up the last two times but I need some feedback on my dress up. I've added wings to him but I'm not sure if i should remove it or leave it on. I can't really move the wings anywhere else as it will cover the expression of the lurking shadow so this is the best I could do for both the expression and wings to be visibly but if any of you all have any ideas on how to improve etc. Please let me know! :)

Mind if I ask what pet you are using? And maybe (this is just my opinion as well) do something to show that it is intact a regular trick or treater under the costume?
❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊
I adore cats, musicals (esp. If/Then),
singing, and chatting it up with new people!

Hey everyone! I'm Musicality!
I used to be "The Succulent Queen". <3

❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊
Musicality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby non » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:49 am

The Succulent Queen wrote:
DarkestWerewolf wrote:

Mind if I ask what pet you are using? And maybe (this is just my opinion as well) do something to show that it is intact a regular trick or treater under the costume?

I kinda agree with this, it seems like it is an actual monster, not just a costume.
william <3

non

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seabird » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:58 pm

I decided on my butterfly wolf to use for my trick-or-treater! Looks like Berk the lion will have to wait until next year. Maybe some new items will come up to add to his costume by then.

Any suggestions for the story? Or any grammatical mistakes I missed?

LOLO Story wrote:Image
Pet's name: Turou

Turou sighed as two of his younger siblings flitted past him. His latest sketches were swept into the air before scattering all over the slick hardwood floor.

"Watch where you're flying!" he snapped. He was met with mischievous giggles and another gust of air as they rushed out of the study. Turou slipped out of his comfy recliner with an annoyed huff to pick up his sketches.

He was the oldest of seven, and to top it off, he was born without wings. Unlike his younger sisters and brothers, he had never had to worry about crashing into ceiling bars or making sure to follow air regulations. He'd never had to worry about rain-soaked wings or pesky updrafts to throw him off course. In fact, he took great pride in his groundedness. Turou figured that his sprint made up for the lack of aerial ability.

Twelve sets of wings made Halloween time especially troublesome. After a night of trick-or-treating, the vibrant, delicate appendages always devolve into a hurricane of airborne, sugar-run flaps of mass destruction. To prevent damage to both the children and their home, Turou's parents usually find themselves wrangling six hyper pups in the hours before the big night. But Turou was content to prep himself. That meant he had a room all to himself -- usually the study.

This year, he had saved up bought a shimmering knight's costume. The silvery-white hue complimented his plush pale fur, and it practically radiated justice and chivalry. He took it upon himself to cut out and paint himself a shield to go along with it.

After a week of creating his shield, Halloween night finally arrived. As the sun dipped into the horizon, Turou slipped into his costume, tugging at the straps and strings to ensure it stayed on the whole night.

"I'm heading out!" he shouted, pillowcase in hand.

"Alright, stay safe! Always keep your phone with you!" his mother shouted back, busy zipping up frilly dresses.

Turou stepped outside and closed the door behind him. A thick fog had rolled into the neighborhood, reducing visibility and candy-begging abilities. A minor setback, sure, but Turou was still willing to march on forwards. A few trick-or-treaters were already out and about, but he was mostly among the first. Turou hoped that would mean better grabs for him. He sure wasn't going to share any of it with his siblings.

Stumbling a little in the soupy fog, he dashed to a nearby house with a wide yard. Turou skipped up to the door and gave it a good knock. Today was a night all to himself for once, and he was definitely in the Halloween mood.

Trick or Treat!
ღღ Hiya, I'm Seabird! ღღ

ImageImageImageImageImage

Other Stuff wrote:ImageImage ImageImageImage

-------------------------------------
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
I love trades, feel free to send one!

☆๑☆
๑☆๑
☆๑☆
๑☆๑
☆๑☆
๑☆๑
☆๑☆
๑☆๑
☆๑☆
๑☆๑
☆๑☆
๑☆๑
☆๑☆
๑☆๑
☆๑☆
๑☆๑
☆๑☆
๑☆๑
☆๑☆
๑☆๑
Seabird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:57 pm

non wrote:
The Succulent Queen wrote:
DarkestWerewolf wrote:

I kinda agree with this, it seems like it is an actual monster, not just a costume.

The pet under this is this guy. :)
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Coraychi » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:58 am

Anyone care to give my story a read?
I plan to make it more obvious what my ToTer is dressed as in the story itself, but other than that how does it look?
I feel like I focused on her house too long maybe, but I dunno? Names TBD, so XXX and YYY are definitely not final haha.

A futakuchi-onna (二口女, lit. "two-mouthed woman") is a type of yōkai or Japanese monster.

“Not bad. I like the hair.”

“Thanks.” XXX said, turning to her roommate briefly. “Getting the food to stay put was the hardest part.” She teased her wig and stood the stiff hair up just so.

“At least you’ll always have a snack.”

“Isn’t that what the trick-or-treating is for?” XXX chuckled.

“You’re going trick-or-treating?” YYY asked. “Don’t you think you’re a bit old?”

“You’re just jealous because you’re too shy to go out.” XXX said as she passed by YYY on her way out the door. “But don’t worry, I’ll share the spoils with you.”

-X-X-X-

As XXX stepped off the porch, trusty candy bucket in jaw - the one on her face, not the back of her head - she inhaled the cool Autumn air and it filled her lungs with wind and her body with shivers.
She turned to glance at her own house. Decorated sparingly. The house itself was like a decoration of its own. Shutters falling off, endless darkness beneath the porch, and foggy windows. The pumpkins and fake spider webs were just icing on the cake.
It was a rather large house.
That was why it had been rented out to multiple people, XXX included. Thankfully, everyone else was hanging back to watch scary movies and answer the door for trick-or-treaters, so XXX could go out without worrying about that.

She smiled and turned away from her house and started down the thin path that lead down to the rest of the neighborhood. While the large house was out of the way, the yellow lights following the path made it obvious that they were accepting trick-or-treaters, as well as guided XXX safely to the sidewalk.

After she had reached the street, she took a good long time to observe her surroundings before beginning her hunt for candy. Halloween was her favorite holiday, after all, so she wanted to enjoy all aspects of it before moving on. She observed all the houses. Some decorated, some not. Some with lights on their porches and in their windows, and others dark and unnoticed by the children as they ran from house to house.

Once she had sufficiently taken in her surroundings, XXX singled out a house with its lights on and approached. She padded to the door, adjusted her wig one last time, and knocked on the door. She inhaled and recited the line halloween was best known for.

“Trick or Treat!”

#BlackLivesMatter ✊

Hey, I'm Erin!
You can call me Cora, if you prefer.
I've been on CS since 2009 but my activity is very on-and-off. I mostly hang around to adopt monthly pets and participate in a couple forum games! If you wanna chat, feel free to message me, but know that I'm pretty slow to reply most of the time!
Coraychi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~☾☆Tԋҽ Mσσɳ Gαȥҽɾ☆☾~ » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:25 pm

So I'm back, I guess I'm not going to go through with the Child of Light dress up
as there is next to zero actual physical clothing items that can work
on the cheetah cub as they all face the opposite direction. I might use my
corgi greeter as the trick or treater instead potentially, I just have to modify
my original idea and her costume.

it shall be established forever ★★★★
━━━━━━━{ as the moon }━━━
★★★★★★★ and as a faithful witness
━━━━{ in heaven }━━━━━━━━

~ ✩ Image ✩ ~
Wanna talk? Need help? Send me a PM!
I love to chat, and am quite friendly!
Important note:
I have returned temporarily for collecting/trading
December 18th pets and seasonal art purchasing. After
I do some trade ups and downs for art fodder to get a
couple pieces of art and save a few personal things,
I am going to host a giveaway and finally leave CS for good.
Thanks for the awesome memories CS. The Lord ended up
using this site to bring about a testimony that I will never forget.
Currently searching for artists who can draw HQ humans
in an olden time-period. Please PM me for more information.

The verse above is from Psalm 89:37 in the KJV Bible.

Signature by sparrow;

~☾☆Tԋҽ Mσσɳ Gαȥҽɾ☆☾~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me