Furry Nation v.4

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: Furry Nation v.4

Postby PixelChan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:40 am

yea same thing !! I wish people wouldn't be like "oh my god you're a furry ??" or "HA you're a furry ew." This happened back in freshmen year (I'm in college now), when I was drawing a furry I guess. This one kid behind me snap chatted it and it began spreading around the school and I got bullied for it haha (our year consists . I then learned to not tell anyone from then on.

That's what people sound like behind my back, sadly. I deleted all furry-related stuff from my personal Instagram but it's kinda too late now. I used to openly talk about furry stuff on my social media; sometimes even mention it in school, and nobody besides my friends really understood what it was so I felt okay. Then after the stupid gamer-furry-war thing erupted on TikTok, everyone started figuring out that I was a furry with the understanding of what it meant, which made it so that I really can't talk about it anymore. It makes me real sad that I can't be as proud and open about the fandom as I used to be.
PixelChan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saxhleel » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:35 am

honestly its the same everywhere
I'm a fully grown adult whos been out of school for years but even little 12 year old me in the early 00s got bullied for being a furry.
What people dont realise is that the 'bad' part of the fandom is just the loud minority, most furries just wanna make art and wear costumes and make new friends.
Dont let people put you out though it's literally just a hobby like football or video games.
Making alternate accounts just for furry stuff will probably keep nasty people off your back.
See You on the Airship
Saxhleel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koráki » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:39 am

Saxhleel wrote:honestly its the same everywhere
I'm a fully grown adult whos been out of school for years but even little 12 year old me in the early 00s got bullied for being a furry.
What people dont realise is that the 'bad' part of the fandom is just the loud minority, most furries just wanna make art and wear costumes and make new friends.
Dont let people put you out though it's literally just a hobby like football or video games.
Making alternate accounts just for furry stuff will probably keep nasty people off your back.

Totally agree. The loud minority kind of makes it harder for everyone lol
Koráki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:54 am

I didn’t know people still bashed on furries, it’s not 2008 anymore they need to move on. I’ve been out of school for a bit so idk too much about that, but I met a few furs in college and even wore one of my fursuits w/o problem. There are some bad eggs in the fandom, but we’re taking action to weed them out and make it known that they can’t get away with that stuff anymore(Kero, Zaush, Wildlife, etc.). The main thing I see people have issue with is how open the fandom is with nsfw stuff, people even complain about the free hiv testing at MFF. People just need to grow up honestly, every fandom has an adult side.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby akuma <3 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:03 am

I'm a Furry! Oh I'm a Furry!:
- - - - - -
Username: Strawberry Husky
Preferred Name: Akuma
Fursona(s)/Main Character: [url=link here]Akuma[/url]
How long Have you Been in the Fandom? How did you find out about the fandom?: about 6 years :)
Furaffinity?: still need to make one
Toyhou.se?: don't really want one
Favorite Color?: black and lilac
Favorite Animal?: Huskies!
Other: I'm looking for a cheapish suit maker :) (no more than $2100 for a toony partial)
Image 𝚊𝚔𝚞𝚖𝚊 ~ ♡ Image
she/her - adult -
x | x | x
akuma <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puffy the Hyena » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:07 am

Larkspur1678 wrote:I didn’t know people still bashed on furries, it’s not 2008 anymore they need to move on. I’ve been out of school for a bit so idk too much about that, but I met a few furs in college and even wore one of my fursuits w/o problem. There are some bad eggs in the fandom, but we’re taking action to weed them out and make it known that they can’t get away with that stuff anymore(Kero, Zaush, Wildlife, etc.). The main thing I see people have issue with is how open the fandom is with nsfw stuff, people even complain about the free hiv testing at MFF. People just need to grow up honestly, every fandom has an adult side.

Preach!! I think a lot of the hate of the furry fandom comes online anyways, which is a given considering that's where most of the fandom resides. It's easy for people to stir up anger over something on the internet, but if they were to run into a furry in person I doubt they'd be as rude. Just never be ashamed of your hobbies and interests!
x

┌───────┐

Current
hyperfixation:

Disney
Duckverse

quack

└───────┘

┌─────────────────────┐

Howdy! I'm Puffy Wuffy, or just Puffy!

She/her • Autistic • Furry • Rodent lover
I only have the brain capacity to focus on
one fandom at a time, check my carrd
for all the stuff I'm into lol

This is Steve. He's wants you to
remember to treat yourself nicely!

└─────────────────────┘

┌───────┐

Sig formatting
by Lacuna -->©

Art in pfp
done by me!

└───────┘
x
Puffy the Hyena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vhulpes » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:57 am

Larkspur1678 wrote:I didn’t know people still bashed on furries, it’s not 2008 anymore they need to move on. I’ve been out of school for a bit so idk too much about that, but I met a few furs in college and even wore one of my fursuits w/o problem. There are some bad eggs in the fandom, but we’re taking action to weed them out and make it known that they can’t get away with that stuff anymore(Kero, Zaush, Wildlife, etc.). The main thing I see people have issue with is how open the fandom is with nsfw stuff, people even complain about the free hiv testing at MFF. People just need to grow up honestly, every fandom has an adult side.

I couldn't agree with this more! I became a furry in middle school, but my appreciation for the fandom really flourished during my college years (literally everyone just minds their own business and supports what other people wanna do. It was awesome). And yet 9 year olds who got access to Instagram somehow think it's cool to harass furs online. It's moronic.

amelia / ♀ / ♐️ / married
vhulpes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tendo64 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:58 pm

The NSFW content shouldn't even be a problem anyway, assuming it's properly tagged and kept off of kids websites. I can't go too much into detail here for obvious reasons, but being into adult content in a fandom is completely harmless (well, mostly, excluding some parts) anyway so even if you're in the """bad""" part of the fandom, you're probably not even doing anything wrong.
ImageImageImage
Tendo / Charlie + FTM + He / Him + Adult

Hi, I'm Tendo! I like M🌎THER, Super Mario, and 2000s rock.
I spend most of my time drawing cartoons and writing music.
Mostly on here to manage Sweetens and play forum games
enjoyer of claus from mother 3 he's pretty cool me thinks
My signature doesn't match on purpose and that's ok
Original creator and co-owner of Sweetens

UMA Toyhouse | Carrd (Interests + Art)
ImageImageImage
Tendo64

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Orawind » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:24 pm

- - - - - -
Username: Orawind
Preferred Name: Tate or Luca
Fursona(s)/Main Character: Tate and Amax
How long Have you Been in the Fandom? How did you find out about the fandom?: I found out about the fandom in from a friend of mine about a year and a half ago, but idk if she’s really into it or not haha
Furaffinity?: pretty inactive here but say hi please
Toyhou.se?: boop
Favorite Color?: Royal purple and blood red
Favorite Animal?: dragon
Other: I like chatting about stuff so pms are forever open!!
𝓗𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓫𝓮𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Sammy | He/Him | Trade Me! | OC Trade Thread | ©
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Image Image ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙣............
ImageTHEImage
(coding by Soll)
Orawind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikaPerfect » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:06 am

- - - - - -
Username: PikaPerfect
Preferred Name: Pika
Fursona(s)/Main Character: Moon (my art is kind of old, but the design is correct)
How long Have you Been in the Fandom? How did you find out about the fandom?: I've been a fur without knowing what it was called since 2013, but i've been calling myself part of the fandom since 2016! I initially found out about furries from a website called paigeeworld from a bunch of various users, and I've actually had the same fursona (albeit with many redesigns) since my 2013 days lol
Furaffinity?: Don't have one (yet)
Toyhou.se?: yep! (i haven't updated it in a good while though ;;)
Favorite Color?: pale/baby/pastel blue, or lavender purple
Favorite Animal?: cat, always cat
Other: i may have already posted a form here, i don't remember ;w; i'm glad this thread is getting more active though

uhh okay, i hope i can hop into the discussion along with my entry form aaaaaaa
i really hate the bad stigma around furries, but honestly, i don't really hide it at all. i doodle anthros in my school notebooks all the time, and i'm sure that at least some of my classmates have seen. nobody has talked to me about it, but at the same time, i'm a very quiet and shy person, so i think that them knowing i'm a furry but not a complete weirdo probably helps the stigma a little bit ;;
but what i really hate is the whole cringe culture around furries. people don't go around calling school mascots cringe do they?? and what, exactly, is cringey about a couple of buds cosplaying as their characters and goofing around for the heck of it? i find it really funny and cute tbh, and don't even get me started on how incredibly talented furry dancers and DJs are. the worst thing is when someone is really talented and sweet, but the second somebody finds out they're a furry, everyone hates them, and i think that sucks :( being a fur is just a little side hobby, it's nothing that anyone should be hated for or be afraid of sharing
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me