Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[Design My OCs] TD Black Advent Prize! by Birdy

Artist Birdy [gallery]
Time spent 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

[Design My OCs] TD Black Advent Prize!

Postby Birdy » Sat May 25, 2024 4:28 pm

i'm back, baby! and this time with an oc comp c;

i've had an idea for 3 oc's stuck in my head for a bit, but i'm truly horrible at designing characters, so i need some help bringing them to life! because they are all intended to be of the same species, i'm seeking one artist to make all 3 designs. because of this, there will only be one winner. (don't worry, there will be runner-up prizes!)

end date: june 30th (may add extensions if requested!)

★ all three characters are meant to be an alien species with two different forms. they were designed in a lab with the intent to explore their galaxy to collect materials and learn about the other planets and species that coinhabit their universe. little else is known about their origins.
★ on the surface, they appear as domesticated cats that wear astronaut helmets (rip). these are the helmet designs:
★ it is crucial that the helmet designs stay relatively the same as what i've drawn up. artistic/style additions (for instance, buttons/details to make it look more like a proper astronaut helmet) are totally fine, but the overall design should stay the same. the colors, however, are up to you! the only exception to this rule is that the "HELLO! STAY CALM" is meant to be "HELLO! PLEASE STAY CALM", but i forgot to add the 'PLEASE'.
★ the second form of the characters is meant to be a scarier, more alien-like form. think shadow creatures come to life! they are meant to be closer in anatomy to a human, but you can use more of your imagination for this part, as i haven't come up with any solid idea, myself. (for instance, if you want them to be upright like a human, but retain tails/ears/etc., that's totally fine! similarly, feel free to add extraterrestrial traits, like antennae/webbed fingers/etc.)

"HELLO! PLEASE STAY CALM"
★ this creature's helmet has 2 sets of horns, 2 cartoon-ish googly eyes, floating star-dust between the larger pair of horns, and a small tv attached to the helmet (the box-looking thingy) which plays 90's-style video games. the helmet's shield displays the phrase: "HELLO! PLEASE STAY CALM" at all times
★ the moodboard that i've made for them can be seen here: boop. (important: you do not necessarily have to use colors/design aspects from this board, but you are welcome to do so! it was mostly made with the character's personality/presentation in mind, so interpret it as you will!)
★ other important details: this creature is the most "put together" of the 3. they do everything confidently and present as a calming, almost ethereal character. aside from the googly eyes (i promise they have a purpose lol), they pride themselves on their clean, professional appearance and can easily appear to be the "leader" of the group. don't be fooled, though- this creature no doubt has some tricks up their sleeve, and sometimes comes across as a wolf in sheep's clothing.

"NO SIGNAL"
★ this creature has mechanical ears in the shape of a cat's ears on their helmet, with artificial plants/vegetation "growing" from the insides. the purpose of this is to attract bees, which they keep in the cylinder attached to the helmet. there is also an invisible floral fragrance that emits from the "ears" to help attract the bees. their helmet always displays the phrase: "NO SIGNAL"
★ the moodboard that i've picked for this character can be seen here: boop (again, interpret as you will!)
★ other important details: this the "space-y friend" who is always lost in their own little world. well-meaning but often out-of-touch, this creature has a calming if not odd presentation. they truly seem to only care about their bee friends (and nature as a whole.) however, they are gentle to their core and will assist others to the best of their ability! just don't expect them to have heard anything you just told them c:

"HELP"
★ this creature's helmet splits open almost like a jaw in design, with rows of "teeth" that line the helmet's shield. (in truth nobody knows for sure what the "teeth" are- just that they're sharp!) like a skull, there are empty eye/nose sockets at the top (although it's completely artificial!) and the eye-sockets glow. lastly, there is a pair of antennae similar to what you would see in a moth, with long frills attached. the helmet's shield displays the word "HELP" at all times.
★ the moodboard that i've chosen for this creature can be seen here: boop. unlike the others, i do ask that there is some incorporation of "rainbow on black" incorporated into the design (to what degree and in what way is up to you!)
★ other important details: this creature has a huge background of being largely misunderstood. when the three creatures were made, their creator designed each of them an individual purpose that was meant to be wired into their system. unfortunately, there was an accident before this creature could have their purpose given to them, thus leaving them with a largely chaotic and destructive personality. (think Stitch, but on steroids!) they crave a better understanding of who they are and what they were meant for, leading to an endless cycle of frustration and confusion.

★ either bright or pastel colors against dark canvases
★ in general, dark palettes and pastel palettes tend to be my favs
★ unique designs that are still easy enough to reproduce in artwork
★ for the cat forms, it should be noted that i have a huge soft spot for fluffiness, particularly in tails
★ if you choose to go with "natural" cat markings, doing anything with a calico/tortie marking is a plus
★ for the second/alien forms, i definitely have a soft spot for glowy eyes and shadow-like features
★ space elements/themes in general are a plus

★ anything gory, on either form (including candy gore)
★ cyclops (in general, sticking between 2 and 4 eyes is probably best)
★ edgy/punk/rock designs. just not my thing
★ eye-burn designs
★ gills/fins/aquatic features (other than webbed feet, which i don't mind)

★ 1st place: the overall winner whose designs i will be using will get a true-date black advent
★ runner up #1: 500c$
★ runner up #2: 250c$

★ all site rules apply, including the rules on gore/violence/etc.
★ i will retain the rights to whoever's designs i choose as the first place winner.
★ if you do not take first place you are more than welcome to resell the designs WITHOUT THE HELMETS!
★ you can either enter on-oekaki or off-oekaki
★ to be clear: in order to win first place, you must design all 3 characters, including BOTH forms for each!
★ if you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to pm me!
Last edited by Birdy on Sun May 26, 2024 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [Design My OCs] TD Black Advent Prize!

Postby ClarkG23 » Sat May 25, 2024 4:43 pm

May I partake in this challenge I probably can’t do them all but it seems fun :)
ClarkG23

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mochahearts » Sat May 25, 2024 4:46 pm

marking ! ^^
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxx
xxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
xx
mochahearts / adult / artist!
Art shop / TH / OC trades/ Trade me / 🤎
mochahearts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby COOLDOGOOO » Sat May 25, 2024 4:57 pm

mark! <3
had severe oekaki art block for a while, slowly trying to get back to doing comms- please let me know if i owe you art in case i forgot!! <3

my toyhouse <3

Check out Vidapup's free
sig pets
! <3

Please consider commissioning me; I appreciate it a lot! <3

had last 1426 oekaki
COOLDOGOOO

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roadkill. » Sat May 25, 2024 5:00 pm

oooo huge mark

Image CROW | CROG Image

Image ADULT | HE/HIM Image

Image ART SHOP Image

PLS DONT USE MICROSCOPIC TEXT ON MY POSTS. I CANT READ IT!!

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
roadkill.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .henloimmabirb. » Sat May 25, 2024 10:21 pm

Mark!:D
Henlo!! :D I am Birb! Image

PokeFarm Q

Art Fight
Sketch Shop | Character Shop
Discord: ScribbleRibbon#1282
ImageImage
ImageImage
.henloimmabirb.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birdy » Sun May 26, 2024 6:10 am

ClarkG23 wrote:May I partake in this challenge I probably can’t do them all but it seems fun :)

sure! c:
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby b.nnyt33th » Tue May 28, 2024 4:06 am

Mark!!
🌷“Nature is the source of all true knowledge.”🌺
https://www.chickensmoothie.com/accounts/viewgroup.php?userid=1086252&groupid=8044071&pageStart=0 <-- check out my fox collection <3🦊
Prev Risquexx
b.nnyt33th

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Electric~Lime~Zebra » Thu May 30, 2024 3:15 pm

Mark
.......Image
I was born to run, I don't belong to anyone
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
FR | Trade | link | link | ©
can't bite the devil on my tongue

She/her | Adult

CIS/IT degree
I'm a mom now
PM for any helpful links/tips
Looking for mass wl swaps

Electric~Lime~Zebra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Finch Fry » Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:10 pm

Mark

ImageImageImageImageImage
“And when I found you, you told me to wash my hands, I had been playing outside
And you spoke nothing of the end of the world
Does that mean it never happened?" - A Call, EDEN

Finch ♥ she/her ♥

Finch Fry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery