Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Return • Mutation Item Design Contest by miraphoenix

Based on Click to view
Artist miraphoenix [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Return • Mutation Item Design Contest

Postby miraphoenix » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:34 pm

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Main ThreadFoundersCustoms & MYOsShopNurseryDiscord
Artist SearchRulesFAQGenetics • Lore & NPCs • Shows • Fanclub • Staff

INFO wrote:Mutation items will function as a full MYO, with a twist - users may add one Return-legal mutation of choice to their MYO. We'll be releasing one mutation item every month. To make sure players of all playstyles are able to equally have a chance at getting one, they'll be handed out via four different methods on a monthly rotation basis. This month, the community voted for a character development contest! To win this month's mutation item, design the character you will use the item on!

In Return, mutations are essentially unique design elements that cannot be passed down to kittens in the nursery. Valid mutations should be present in at least one real life feline (which includes both wild and domestic cats), be genetically random and not reliably passed down to offspring (meaning nothing that breeds are based off of, such as folded ears and missing tails) and be legal to post on chickensmoothie (some mutations may be too graphic for the site and thus would not be allowed.)
Examples of valid mutations include (but aren't limited to!) chimerism, somatic mutations, doubled ears, vitiligo, and finnish mutation.

This contest will run until the end of the month, with the end date being February 28th, 23:59 CS time.

To enter, design a cat with your mutation of choice, using any unlocked genes--including sparse and polydactylism--and then post the full form below without leaving any parts blank or marking them as N/A on your cat design.

NEED HELP? wrote:Unsure if your mutation idea is acceptable? Feel free to run it by staff! Double-checking is allowed & encouraged, but users will not be disqualified if they accidentally choose a mutation that isn't Return-legal.
COPPAs with questions are welcome to post their questions on this thread, so that staff may answer them!

Please remember that traits linked to a known, heritable gene (like munchkinism or Karpati) are not considered mutations in Return!
Only unlocked genes are legal for use in this competition! Entries with locked genes (ex: wildtype, golden/other wideband alleles, any of the curly coat variants, etc) will not be considered valid.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Clowder/Personal Archive:[/b]
[b]Mutation:[/b]
[b]Phenotype:[/b]
Last edited by miraphoenix on Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miraphoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Return • Mutation Item Design Contest

Postby miraphoenix » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:37 pm

As there has been little user involvement in previous mutation contests, we are considering retiring these mutation contests.

If you have feedback on this, please PM miraphoenix on CS, or come join us in conversation on our discord server!
miraphoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mothbrainz » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:54 pm

(marking this to observe!)
hehe egg
mothbrainz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dimi. » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:55 pm

Username: dimi.
Clowder/Personal Archive: Silvercrest Roamers
Mutation: double ears!
Phenotype: aa / BB / bmbm / cscs / cucu / dd / dmdm / EE / fdfd / HrHr / ii / JbJb / kk / kurkur / ll / lplp / LsLs / mm / McMc / mkmk / XoXo / pdpd / RR / ReRe / SeSe / SpSp / SpfSpf / TickTick / wgwg / WbWb / whwh

longhair mitted blue point
gradually coming back
dimi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ►Athena◄ » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:21 pm

Username: ►Athena◄ 
Clowder/Personal Archive: here
Mutation: Chimerism
Phenotype: Cinnamon Self + Dominant White -- overall looks like a cinnamon self with mid to high white
►Athena◄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToraOkami303 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:20 pm

Username: ToraOkami303
Clowder/Personal Archive: Dumpster Gremlins
Mutation: Chimerism
Phenotype:
Aa / bb1 / bmbm / cbca / cucu / Dd / dmdm / EE / fdfd / HrHr / Ii / JbJb / kk / kurkur / Ll / lplp / LsLs / mm / Mcmc / mkmk / XOXo / Pdpd / RR / ReRe / SeSe / Spsp / spfspf / ti+ti+ / wsws / WbWb / whwh
Polydactyl Shorthaired sparse furred chocolate tortoiseshell silver broken lynx sepia point with mid to high white

Aa / b1b1 / bmbm / cscb / cucu / Dd / dmdm / EE / fdfd / HrHr / Ii / JbJb / kk / kurkur / ll / lplp / LsLs / mm / Mcmc / mkmk / XoY / Pdpd / RR / ReRe / SeSe / Spsp / spfspf / ti+ti+ / wsw / WbWb / whwh
Polydactyl Longhaired sparse furred cinnamon silver broken lynx mink point with mid to low white
Identity Soup, Genderfluid. My Toyhouse.
Token Design Shop || C$ Design Shop || 100 Gen Challenge || Gacha Doodles || 5c$ Gacha Beans
---
Artist For: Magic Falconry Academy || Galactipups
---
Trackers: All Storkverse | Storkies | MFA | Littlehearts | Vargs | Fairytales
---
Moonlight is Grazing
---
Please be patient with me on Oekaki. My tablet only half gets along with it so I tend to use both mouse and tablet now.
ToraOkami303

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby littleminicooper » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:06 am

Mark!

She/Her│Taken
Car enthusiast│Memes
Dog lover│Roleplayer
Warrior Cats│The Selection
CoziesMystic Moths
DeviantArt©
ImageImage

In memory of Eadlyn.
Taken too soon
3/20/16--8/16/18
I miss her everyday.

littleminicooper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miraphoenix » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:21 am

Congratulations, everyone! This mutation competition has closed.

Everyone with a completed entry has been granted the mutation item to create their design as a valid MYO!
Please move a color-in of your design to our Customs+MYO thread, so that staff can archive your cats!
If you are unsure of how to do this, please contact me (miraphoenix) on CS or Discord. ^^

Going forward, the mutation item acquisition will be changing.
Mutation items will be purchasable in the shop for supplies or C$, as well as a monthly free raffle. Mutation items purchased in the store will allow you to pick which mutation you would like, mutation items acquired by raffle will be random!
miraphoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me