Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Design me a Sona contest 250 C$ by Guest

Based on Click to view
Artist Guest [gallery]
Time spent 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Design me a Sona contest 250 C$

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:37 pm

base entries

so.. this will be kind of disappointing but i've been losing my connection to my main sona, Pascal. I've had him for almost a year now and he was my first step to being who I am now. I still love him dearly and he will remain mine, but i'm afraid I can't continue labeling him as my fursona. I've gone through all of my characters and none of them have struck me enough to push them ahead like Pascal did. So, after weeks of contemplating, I've decided that it is time for me to make a contest.

This contest will most likely determine who my main fursona will be from now on, but this is subject to change in the future if my connection falters. I might, in the future, have the design turned into a fursuit. If you are uncomfortable with this please do not enter.

winner of the contest will get 250 C$ (Might change if I happen to get more C$ in my bank)
    everyone who enters will get a participation price (WL rare or small amount of C$)

Only completed entries get participation prizes. This is just so I don’t give a good prize to a sketch that never gets completed

Can be made off oekaki! I really don’t mind

I will be keeping all entries, as I will be giving out participation prizes to the entries and i might connect to them later on.

If you decide you want to keep your entry BEFORE the end of the contest, you may.

You may make as many entries as you'd like, but you may only receive a participation prize for EVERY OTHER design, for if you make 3 entries you will get 2 prizes. You will not get the next prize if you keep one entry

I will try to give feedback on all entries but i can't promise anything as it may take a while for me to think

Feel free to delete the background, I just thought someone might wish to use it. It doesn't effect anything and if you win i might remove it anyways.

Please try to keep the entries in an anthro form.

If you do a front and a back ref it can give you a boost since, as i stated above, I might get a fursuit of the design and i'd like a clear view.

now.. onwards to what i like and dislike?

My biggest thing is edgy and 'monster-like' designs.

I'd prefer a type of canine thing, but again i'm looking for maybe mutant attributes and im open to ideas

extra appendages always gets me, but maybe not arms/legs for this contest. (Ears, eyes, etc)

I want to see some unique things, add stuff you don’t normally see! But not anything that doesn’t fit my interests

Horns are fine but please no wings

dark bases with bright highlights

natural colors (grey-scale) but with unnatural markings and stuff

semi-complex / complex designs

Maybe not much airbrushing / gradients.. I find them difficult to replicate and I’m looking for solid designs

I’m open to any and all ideas. I’m not entirely sure what I want so go crazy.

i might add more later.

Honestly, i'm open to ideas. I'm looking for something unique and new. original. i really don't know.. surprise me?

HERE are some characters I like (most are not mine) keep in mind, some of them I only like their design, others I only like their features. Some I like all around. Do not copy these characters, I want my Sona to stand out and be unique

you can find my charas here if you want to look at things i like. but keep in mind none of these characters have fully swayed me yet so try to think more outside.

If you want to look in even more, I've been thinking of commissioning Beautyofthebass for my future fursuit. They work with more edgy designs that aways catch my eye.

off oekaki entries

End date- undecided
Last edited by Guest on Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:14 am, edited 16 times in total.

Re: Design me a Sona contest 200 C$

Postby kageyenova » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:40 pm

M
hi im kage.
kageyenova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Off oekaki entries

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:42 am

If there are any off oekaki entries I’ll place them here
Last edited by Guest on Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby rockdove » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:11 am

m, but I'm scared of kageyenora (dude your designs are heckin' amazing) <3

pidgeon
any pronouns
Young adult
toyhouse is skyrat
commissions are open, dm for info
rockdove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:14 am

Lucky7wolf wrote:m, but I'm scared of kageyenora (dude your designs are heckin' amazing) <3

Aren’t we all? Kage is godly. But your art is amazing too and I’d love to see what you could come up with <3

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:42 am

B

Postby HEXORCISM » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:47 am

mark! c:<

beautyofthebass is amazing. i will be v jealous if you get something done by them.
ImagexxxImage
you should totally click them.xxxxxpfp
HEXORCISM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Larkspur1678 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:02 am

Mark~

BeautyOfTheBass has been a fav suitmaker of mine for years, I’d love to get a v2 head of my fursona from them sometime.

Adult • She/they
Toyhouse

Icon by MRLFRK on FA
Animation by DarkMoonRay on Twitter
Larkspur1678

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:49 pm

im glad there are more BOTB fans, their work is amazing. Every suit they make makes me swoon.

Front page has been updated slightly, including more leniency on designs and some added points I forgot to add earlier.

Re: Design me a Sona contest 250 C$

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:28 am

Prize has been increased ^^