Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Dargon Artist search! by Scottish9

Based on Click to view
Artist Scottish9 [gallery]
Time spent 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 2

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Dargon Artist search!

Postby Scottish9 » Wed May 02, 2018 11:42 am

Welcome to the Dargons Artist Competition!

Species concept and design concept by me, made 2015. Lines by iownfish, made 2018
Main| Nursery | Competitions | Events |Bazaar

What are Dargons?

A Dargon is an alien species that greatly resembles a dragon. However, they are not. While they have four legs and can fly, they have large ears, a layer of fur under their scales, and are not able to manipulate any element. Males of all subspecies have underscales, left over from more primitive days of fighting over females. The genome of the Dargon is vast and complex, allowing for innumerable color and pattern combinations. However, they do have their distinctions between breeds.

Dargons live in systems called Tribes. Each Tribe has a Chief or Chieftess, who decides who can and can't be a part of the tribe. Tribes can war, be allies, and even interbreed. They are intelligent enough to fashion simple tools and decorations with their opposable thumbs. Dargons communicate with a language of spoken sounds vaguely like English. They are omnivores who hunt and forage in groups. They make their homes in cave systems somewhat like a prairie-dog town.

Dargons were first found by human explorers when their home planet was in crisis, mere months away from being devoured by a black hole. Using technology and some Dargon magic, humans managed to transport many Dargons back to earth. After initial lab testing, it was found that Dargons would make great, though large, companions and pets for humans.

This will be an ongoing search for artists for this fabulous new species! Each week, Scottish9 will peruse the entrants and hire any who strike her as good artists and kind people.

How to enter (and win!)
    ~If you are applying just to be a general-adopts artist, all you have to do is impress me! If you want, make a cool hybrid, or check out the EF/mutation list on the nursery page and do one of those!
    ~If you want to be nursery artist, please make a child of Silverstreak and Navajo. They cannot realistically have whelps, but I want to see how y'all recombine their genes!
    Fill out this form and post it under your entries:
    Code: Select all
    Username:
    General or Nursery Artist:
    Why you want to be an artist:
    Can you do three Dargons a week:
    What do you think your salary should be per Dargon or time frame:

~Important! If you competed in a judging window and did not get selected to be a Guest, you are welcome to re-submit! However, you must make a new entry for each window!

Windows and Selections
    Window: 3, ends 5/28
    Previous selections: Mistyleaf - she

I got chosen! Now what?
    General Artists:
    General artists will have one week (7 days) to make three adopts, no more and no less. They may not make any customs or event adopts. If they are chosen, they will start receiving their salary and their name will not be removed. By PM arrangement, a Guest GA may instead make 5 Dargons over a 2-week frame

Nursery Artists
    Guest NAs will be allowed to make whelps for three breeding requests. Due to the random nature of the nursery, there is no specific timeframe. Scottish9 will defer any breeding requests sent to her to any Guest NAs
[/list]
Last edited by Scottish9 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dargon Artist search!

Postby Scottish9 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:00 pm

Still looking!
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabidlynxeon » Mon May 21, 2018 11:46 am

Marking—
i am no longer active
due to health issues and instability, I will not longer be active here.
I will be semi-active on toyhouse and discord for the time being but I will likely disappear soon.
rabidlynxeon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scottish9 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:23 pm

open!

Last bumped by Scottish9 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:23 pm.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me