Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Into the Light (Redraw) by ~Teya~

Artist ~Teya~ [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 48 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
63 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by ~Teya~

Into the Light (Redraw)

Postby ~Teya~ » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:24 pm

Story timeeee
Exactly one year and one day ago, I made the original of the drawing which can be found here. At the time, I wasn't feeling the best about my art. It seemed like whatever I made, regardless of how much time and effort I put into it, it got very few comments or even likes. Sure, there were exceptions, but I just wasn't feeling very good about where my art was heading. It is important to note that backgrounds, especially, frustrated me. I felt like the people that others loved could make such beautiful backgrounds to go along with a character and were so amazing at shading and color--something I wasn't. Whenever I made a character with a background, I drew and colored the character before the background and didn't do much to help the char look submersed in the BG once I made it with shading, etc.

So one day I found this really awesome playlist of music that made me just really want to draw something. An hour later, I created the original version of this drawing and found myself actually.. proud of it? And it turns out that others liked it too! 53 to be exact. Since It was extremely rare to even get 15 likes, let alone over a page of comments on a drawing, I was so, so happy, and I firmly believe that if I hadn't made this drawing, I may have been in a very different place as an artist today. Maybe I'm being a little overly dramatic, but it definitely did fuel me to draw for a long time, trying to chase that next drawing that peaked so many others interest. Sorry this was so long, I'm almost done. x'D

Anyways, I decided I'd remake it to see if I've gotten any better since. I was actually a little nervous to remake it, because I was seriously wondering if I had improved enough for there to be a difference. I'm happy to say that I proved myself wrong--and I'm very happy with how this came out!!

Ref
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Into the Light (Redraw)

Postby JK341 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:34 pm

ok first of all both of these versions look absolutely mindblowing, but wowzers look at the improvement here! <3 I will also say that i felt the exact same way about my art when i was also starting out. It's always such a pleasure to see your latest art posts because it is all just so.....well, amazing! ^^
I'm back, gonna give this site another try lol, please be patient with me while i get things re-organized <3

Other places you can find me:

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby expanse » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:36 pm

lets yeet this into a feature my frens

they/them

(\__/)(\__/)(\__/)(\__/)(\__/)
(•ㅅ•)(•ㅅ•)(•ㅅ•)(•ㅅ•)(•ㅅ•)

expanse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cactologist » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:27 pm

Lightningdg wrote:lets yeet this into a feature my frens

A cause I can support
This is gorgeous!!
Cactologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clemen » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:36 am

Yes! This is so beautiful, I would love to see this featured! ! !
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color
[color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I ❤️ CAR SEAT HEADREST
clemen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winchester's Wolf » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:38 am

Beautiful <3
Winchester's Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiller » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:38 am

So pretty!
I'm mostly on here for the art, but feel free to message me about anything ^^
✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for your sins. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost if you're one of the 4% that will.
Skiller

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lostfairy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:27 am

Duuudeeeee, I love the old one but wow! You have improved SO much. ;-; I love the colors, they are so bright and beautiful and the detail on this whole piece is stunning! Your art is always improving and man, you're going to go far, I know it. <3

And that story to go with it, wah~, I love it! It was really fun to read and super inspiring, I feel like a lot of artists can relate to it, not just artists that draw but musical artists and writers, etc! Thanks for sharing it, Teya. <333
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:59 pm

J-and-K341 wrote:ok first of all both of these versions look absolutely mindblowing, but wowzers look at the improvement here! <3 I will also say that i felt the exact same way about my art when i was also starting out. It's always such a pleasure to see your latest art posts because it is all just so.....well, amazing! ^^

Thank you so much ;;--;; like seriously, your comments are always so sweet and make my day >o< Your art is amazing too! ;D
Cactologist wrote:

A cause I can support
This is gorgeous!!

Thank you both!
SunScratch wrote: This is so beautiful, I would love to see this featured! ! !

Awh, thanks <3
Winchester's Wolf wrote:
Beautiful <3

Dankeee
Skiller wrote:So pretty!

Thanks cx
Lostfairy wrote:Duuudeeeee, I love the old one but wow! You have improved SO much. ;-; I love the colors, they are so bright and beautiful and the detail on this whole piece is stunning! Your art is always improving and man, you're going to go far, I know it. <3

And that story to go with it, wah~, I love it! It was really fun to read and super inspiring, I feel like a lot of artists can relate to it, not just artists that draw but musical artists and writers, etc! Thanks for sharing it, Teya. <333

Thank youuu ;o; sdfjgklfdsajh I'm surprised anyone took the time to read all that, haha. I'm so happy you liked it, though!
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me