Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30437

hey, i'm worried. by Olivur

Artist Olivur [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
339 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

hey, i'm worried.

Postby Olivur » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:18 am

as someone who has a close friend in australia i really hope my followers who may be located there are doing okay. i know it's stressful but just wanted to let ya'll know there's open arms if anybody needs it.

if you're not in australia, i suggest you follow up with the situation there because they're in need of help more than ever. anyway thanks for coming to my ted talk :ok_hand:

update: if anybody is interested, you can keep up with things that need to be donated. some prime examples are the veggie drops, so if you can even provide enough to help support feeding the animals left in the wild you're already doing wonders. even knitted items like mittens, koala/joey pouches and bird nests are needed to keep our little friends healthy!

if you can't donate, i understand, as not everybody is in a good situation. even spreading awareness and supporting those who went out as volunteer animal rescue aids or fire rescue teams is enough. <3

second update : please see awoo's post here! it contains lots of valuable information that i think should be brought to attention.
Last edited by Olivur on Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
my lovelies ;; | | | | | |
Olivur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: hey, i'm worried.

Postby holopoems » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:19 am

awww I love this sm
I hope your friend is ok! ✨💕
I’ve donated a lot

hello I’m holopoems , but you can call me, holo -
or just kat uhdiej3oi yeah just a socially awkward
idiot tbh. bettalongs art is so amazing. honeycreeper66
is like my only friend. Olivur’s art is also amazing. VENUS
is the best general helper on CS. so go send them
all gifts. lol i have some studies to do so pms will be slightly slow,
if i dont respond within 24hrs don’t be afraid to resend
pms, have a wonderful day and thanks for reading !

striders -senegals - cottontails - holo - th - bogs - HoloPoems ♡#7387

holopoems

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sereena » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:24 am

i'm so sorry. i hope your friend is doing alright. the wildfires in Australia is really scary and i hope things get better soon.
▸ listen to the bees
▬▬▬▬▬▬
about me · storage
sereena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bud » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 am

It’s very heartbreaking to see this in a country that has so many animals you can’t find anywhere else. To think we might lose some of those animals forever ): Here’s to hoping the people living there are all okay
bud // they/he // furry // actual forum goblin
bud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cactologist » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:09 pm

aw this drawing conveys so much emotion!! this tragedy needs more attention than it's receiving! I just hope and pray that everyone and everything there stays safe (especially the thousands of animals that have been affected!)
♀️♋︎
bio
ocs
♪ ♫

Cactologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypersomn.ia » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:51 pm

I feel your pain! I have family there. luckily they're far enough away, but it's still scary and tragic to see the numbers, photos, and distance that the flames have managed to travel. what's most upsetting is their government isn't helping, and hundreds have been arrested for intentionally setting fires. I just don't get it.
Happy New Year!
offering fr currency
want C$ and wl pets
hypersomn.ia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Awoo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:32 pm

hypersomn.ia wrote:I feel your pain! I have family there. luckily they're far enough away, but it's still scary and tragic to see the numbers, photos, and distance that the flames have managed to travel. what's most upsetting is their government isn't helping, and hundreds have been arrested for intentionally setting fires. I just don't get it.

hundreds of people have not been arrested for arson. please please stop spreading misinformation, i have been seeing this a lot lately and it's seems to be having an impact on the climate change stances. pretty much everyone was commenting about the Scott Morrison protest, were denying climate change regardless of evidence and blaming arsonists. Even one of the LNP, Craig Kelly tried to discredit a UK weather presenter regarding climate change saying that the Australian bushfires had no connection to global warming. article here
Garnaut Report in 2008 wrote:“Fire seasons will start earlier, end later and be more intense. This effect increases over time but should be directly observable by 2020.” link

Discrediting the 100s arrested
Lightning is the main cause
contradicting the #arsonemergency
spreading of misinformation through social media

However that being said, some fires in QLD were lit by teenagers, notably the sunshine coast and i believe that one of the fires on the hinterlands were started by a improperly thrown out cigarette. The fires have been contained ages ago and didn't reach the extent of the NSW fires. Arsonists are still a problem but the major cause is lighting and dry weather.

Also congrats on the feature, it's really an impressive and emotional piece - i rarely comment on these but i strongly care about the fires. I also live in a high risk zone for bushfires, a couple of months ago a blaze started a street over and it took 12-15 firetrucks to contain it. A billion animals have been lost in the NSW fires, people have lost their homes, their lives, and the government doesn't care. I hope everyone in affected areas, and in general, stay safe. Even smoke is a hazard, Melbourne was hit with smoke from the Victorian Bushfires. I swear at this point every capital city has been hit, canberra, sydney, brisbane, melbourne. Not sure about perth or adelaide, even NZ got smoke from Australian fires. Please stay safe.
Awoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby night skiies » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:04 pm

as someone who lives in australia and is barely a few km's away from surrounding threatening fires, we really do appreciate every single person spreading awareness.

awoo explained a lot of things really nicely in the above post and i recommend reading it ^^
night skiies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lollipop2024 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:52 am

Oh my god the drawing 😭
Augh I know its horrible for Australia to have one of the biggest bush fires yet >:( but lets cross our fingers and hope everything will get better. And for me the most infuriating thing is that people dont know its happening or just couldn't care less. like its on the news people hellooooo yet they still are like wha when you bring up the topic. And its horrible and heart breaking to see all the animals suffering and dying I can't 😭😭😭
lollipop2024

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PHILODENDRON » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:53 am

Save the bearded dragons
Send me a trade.

PHILODENDRON
The name derives from the Greek words philo- or "love or leaf, affection" and dendron or "tree".
PHILODENDRON

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me