Mer-May Trotter Markings Take 1 by Embergleam

Based on Click to view
Artist Embergleam [gallery]
Time spent 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Mer-May Trotter Markings Take 1

Postby Embergleam » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:27 pm

I'm probably gonna have nineteen more pages of this, but here's part 1!

Top row is a non-genome marking I've provisionally named 'Edged'. It's based on the black 'edging' seen on the white markings of bannerfish and the like:

Edged: (+Edged)
Adds a black or dark brown outline around all white markings, similar to the black outlining seen on wild dog overo. This marking can affect any type of paint marking (tobiabo, overo, appaloosa, etc), as well as non-gene white markings. (Blazes, socks, etc.)

Bottom left is Fire Pinnate, related to the currently existing Pinnate!
Fire Pinnate: (FbyFby/Fbyfby)
A marking based on the firefish goby. Adds black edging around a trotter's croup, rear legs, and belly, as well as causing a black ombre effect on the tail. Homozygous carriers of this gene can occasionally display a pale lavender 'cap' forming an inverted T above and between their eyes before stretching back over their neck.

Bottom right is Angel Stripe!
Angel Stripe (AngAng/Angang):
A black marking based on the flame angelfish. Adds vertical black or dark brown streaks of variable width and length along a trotter's midsection, as well as dark 'eyeshadow'. These bands should always be thickest towards the center and narrow at the ends, with the first band typically the broadest. Anywhere from 4-8 bands is acceptable. Can also add dark spots above and below the bands.
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me