cat redline attempt by wyzrd

Based on Click to view
Artist wyzrd [gallery]
Time spent 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

cat redline attempt

Postby wyzrd » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:49 pm

i'm definitely not a pro at drawing cats but i thought i'd share the knowledge i do have!

tips (from top left going clockwise)

• top of head/forehead slopes flat (look at images/drawings of cat skull shape for reference)
    • at side angle, ears face forward (unless the cat is listening to something behind them).
    feel free to exaggerate ear size/fluff/everything though!
    • the cat's back arches! just like any spine, there's a curve there
    • i thought your tail was great! the fun thing about drawing cats is stylizing them however you like.
    tip added in post: if you'd like, you could look into the limits of the curves/angles that cat tails can make
    • arrow pointing to the cat's heel lol
    • very simple diagram of the cat's back leg bones. the cat actually stands on its toes
    • your cat's belly can be rounder, and it sort of hangs down and melts in with the thighs etc. depending on the
    weight and fluffiness of your cat of course you can make the cat thinner, with the belly higher up...
    i referenced my own cat while drawing this, and she's got a bit of a tum
    • the legs sort of just melt out of the body, tapering into the feet! if you look at a real cat you'll notice
    how loose their leg bones look inside of their legs! cats are very fluid
    • you can make the neck thicker, since it leads into the fluff on the chest and back of the neck on the cat!

i hope at least a bit of this helps or at least makes sense!
timer is probably off by a little due to trying to wrangle my cat so i could use her as a model lol

┌─*̥˚─*̥˚───*̥˚─🕷─*̥˚ ─┐
࿚*.°•🕷 they/he 🕷 TAZ 🕷 adult 🕷•°. *࿙

hey there ! mostly on here for the the oekaki, adopts & species . pms open !

࿚*.°•🕷 clolions 🕷 th 🕷 ,,>w<,, 🕷•°. *࿙
└─🕷──*̥˚─🕷────*̥˚──*̥˚┘
wyzrd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me