Artist Ɽotten Ⱡegacy [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Victoria

Postby Ɽotten Ⱡegacy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:20 am

I JUST REALIZED I FORGOT SOMETHING--
UGH--
I just hit myself in the head a few times because now I have to add a "second drawing session" just to add exactly one detail
-_-

Anyway..I've finally decided what my Halloween costume is going to be. Or..who it's going to be.
Victoria from VVVVVV!
Since it's extremely difficult to picture a tiny 1-bit character as a human in your head, I decided to spend 2-3 hours of my life coloring in what I think she would look like. I don't actually know how long this took me because I'm only posting it, but I can assume that you can probably take about 30 minutes off of the timer. I spent a long time either pointlessly messing around or putting may too much effort into things that I didn't end up keeping. The choice in clothing took me forever to work out because I wanted to have her wearing a lab coat, but that isn't an option, so I just..settled on a pale blue white coat because..that's obviously the same thing :')
I don't think her hair would be that long, either, but..I wanted it to be wavy and that was the only wavy option that wasn't in a ponytail
And of course, there's a trinket, because why would there not be a trinket? It gave me an opportunity to figure out what a trinket would look like in real life, so that's a bonus :D

I spent too much time on the signature, making sure to remove any and all stray pixels for no reason other than my being a perfectionist
I'm also not sure what to think about the shading

I guess I'll have to add the missing detail in a few hours, because I need to be somewhere and I'm already late -_-
EDIT: Added a sprite in the top left--how Victoria actually looks in VVVVVV, for reference--and modified the trinket a little.
(the missing detail I actually wanted to add was a blue V somewhere on her coat, like a sort of "name tag" [not what I mean but I can't think of the right term], but I couldn't find anywhere to put it that didn't look strange.)

Last bumped by Ɽotten Ⱡegacy on Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:20 am.

𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚣𝚢, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚕,
𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚢.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━--- - Image - ---━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
· [ they/ve/it ] · [ carrd ] · [ th ] · [ art shop ] · [ look at my cat ] ·

Greetings! I'm Vesper, your friendly neighborhood Heizou enthusiast.
I'm always eager to chat about anything or infodump about my hyper-
fixations if you give me the chance, so feel free to hit me up if you
want! I'm a big fan of Genshin, Will Wood, Pretty Boy Detective Club,
fictional detectives in general, and much more - check my carrd!

My hobbies include drawing, voice acting, designing characters,
singing, writing all sorts of different things, and just doing my best <3

weather update:
lyney

· [ madhouse - Matt Maltese ] ·
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━--- - Image - ---━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Ɽotten Ⱡegacy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes